Awaken 낮과 밤 [2021]

Darkarcana

@SnowBlob - Yes! The number 15 at the top right corner is the age rating. Sometimes you'll see it in scenes that's a little suggestive, violent, etc. 

Honestly, the one thing I'm not looking forward to is Seolhyun as the female lead. In her last drama, My Country: The New Age, she was pretty one dimensional at times. In that drama, I was glad the focus wasn't on the love line between her and the male lead so I'm hoping the same for this one too. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Shocked 1

@Tofu yess as the matter of fact i see those numbers a lot but i never really thought of it to be anything important :shocked: (yes i know i can be pretty ignorant....). Ok..so here to the two of us not wishing any loveline :PsyWhat: but i do hope she will do well in this drama. 

• Like 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Don’t worry they’ll blurr out all the Super violent  scenes etc . Won’t be so bad . 
Another reason , I’m actually excited is because of Lee Chung Ah. I have seen her in VIP . A good actress whom I think is suitable for tough roles like that . 

Has subs 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Look at these teasers and tell me what you think...my goodness will there be some sort of love triangle :shocked:...but Nam Goong Min's character definitely knows how make the ladies tremble :laugh:

Still of the ladies

EnJrTurUYAAqFyk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

EnJrTurVgAEeVRC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

More here: https://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1329244307786657793?s=20

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Tofu same sentiments about Seolhyun and I hope NGM will be able to lead her in fleshing out her character. NGM was able to highlight his previous co actors specially idol-actors and the chemistry was top notch (Bang Mina in Beautiful Gong Shim and Lee Junho in Chief Kim).

Like @abs-oluteM I am more excited with lee chung ah and nam goong min arc :wow:

Also NGM is showcasing his voice acting once again. I noticed how he adjusted his manner of speech and pitch on this role. Like how he did during Chief Kim to differentiate from his despicable Nam Gyu Man. 

Here his tone is teasing,naughty James Dean like voice. :yee:

(Excuse me while i set my gallery to Namgoongmin seksiahstache album )

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

@bluepebbles we have to get @SilverMoonTea to watch this . We just need to sell to her NGM's mustache look. 

You're right about the James Dean vibe..

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202011201358451120

202011201358451120_d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Awaken will be writernim’s first 16-episode series. This will be the third time that NGM took a role from rookie writers .(Falsify, Hot Stove League). Anticipating on what this writer has to offer ! Hope the show will deliver well 🤍.

English sub of the above teaser. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Character chart . These are those in the same police division. Seolhyun's character has a crush on NGM's but think it is one way (let it be so :pandaevil:)  There's an untold link between NGM and Lee Chung Ah's characters...hmmm ...

Awaken-1.jpeg

They also give some details of 3 murder cases ( the labels with no faces) - they are trying to figure what the link is. The XVN news desk ( with its PD and reporter ) are often hot on the tail of this police team. 

Awaken-2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

New Stills a.k.a the premiere is about to start !!! :PsyWhat: :yee::GrimChamp:

spacer.png

Why do i have a feeling that this is a set of police officers with misfortunes on their name tags. But I hope they are reliable police force instead. I don't know what to expect ! I just want a mustached Jo Dong Woo until the final episode , and I am willing to sit down on this drama :heiboi: 

Spoiler

The CLOY boy crush is here :pandahappy: . 

@abs-oluteM I seriously wanted this pairing to work, so we can enjoy the story that much (of course I expect NGM's choices of dramas except that romcom i forgot the title post chief kim , miyannn.

However, I can't deny that mystic vibe between Lee Chung-ah's Jamie (she's a profiler? wow) to be paired with NGM's rogue Jung Woo. I don't know. Please surprise us,  please.  :pandacoolsip:

namgoong-min-awaken1.jpeglee-chung-ah-awaken1.jpeg

At the press conference, director Kim Jung Hyun shared his reasons for casting these actors. He said, “As they say, Namgoong Min is an actor whom you can trust. There are several times when I feel like an audience member on set. A script is just made of words, and what kind of character is born depends on what kind of actor is playing the role. I was so curious as to see what kind of Do Jung Woo would be born through Namgoong Min’s acting.

source : Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, Lee Chung Ah, And Yoon Sun Woo Share How They Prepared For Upcoming Murder Mystery Drama “Awaken”

Okay writernim and PD-nim, if this drama will make me sleep lesser. So be it ! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

@bluepebbles I am not expecting romance to be front & centre given the genre. But I do like that tension between NGM and LCA's characters. I have slight prejudice against the other actress ..ahaahahah...she didn't impress me in her last drama. But let's see how this goes. I hope no love triangle...I am so tired of that :D

New posters

En046u7VoAAeg17?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM Please no... I watch cop shows to get some reprieve from love triangles. I don't even want romance in this one. Neither of the ladies are impressing me much so far.

Seems like NGM's character and the older female character have some kind of history??

Plenty of nutty people doing evil things.

What's not to like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Episode 1 recaps from OSEN . This was auto translated but the jisc is there

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111483423

TVN's Day and Night (director Kim Jeong-hyun, writer Shin Yoo-dam)', which aired for the first time on the 30th, started with a splendid action scene at the crime scene. Drama 'Day and Night' is a preliminary murder mystery that uncovers the secret of a mysterious incident that took place in a village 28 years ago, which is related to the mystery incidents that take place now.  

Spoiler

202011302223775242_5fc4f2c7c8b08.jpg

Spoiler

202011302223775242_5fc4f2c7874d4.jpg

On this day, two people of the National Police Agency's special team leader Do Jeong-woo (Nam Gung-min) and the passionate police officer Gong Hye-won (Kim Seol-hyun) were dispatched to the party scene after receiving a report of 'predicted murder'. 

After receiving a report of the incident, Do Jeong-woo and Gong Hye-won arrived at the party and began to search the scene. When Gong Hye-won said, "People are dying here today," the scene became more confused. Later, at the scene of the incident, a person drowned in the water and surprised Do Jeong-woo and Gong Hye-won. 

After returning to the National Police Agency, he reported the incident to Deputy General Manager Hwang Byeong-cheol (Kim Won-hae), but when the boss said, 'It's a special team to have a black ramen,' Do Jung-woo smiled meaningfully. Then I told my colleagues, "Let's go home," and stayed there and began digging into the case. 

Spoiler

202011302223775242_5fc4f2c8146ac.jpg

Until now, the three people who died in pre-predicted murder were Kim Young-jun, a high school student who had been probated but killed after raping their juniors, Park Gyu-tae, the executive director of a large company, and Baek Seung-jae, a high school student who died at the party. High school student Kim Young-jun died by jumping from an abandoned building while playing with friends, and Park Gyu-tae, the executive director, died of a bite by a dog. Also, the party organizer, Baek Seung-jae, jumped into the pool and drowned. When Gong Hye-won asked "Isn't Baek Seung-jae committed suicide?" 

Following the news, "Despite the murder notice, I couldn't stop the murder because of the easy speculum," and blamed the police and announced another murder notice, saying, "Another murder notice has come." Do Jung-woo, who looked closely at the murder notice, added tension, saying, "The next incident will happen within an hour from now" and "The place is Jangwi-dong." 

Spoiler

202011302223775242_5fc4f2c852e7d.jpg

Meanwhile, Jamie Leighton (Lee Chung-ah), a criminal psychology expert from FBI, was already in Jangwi-dong, where the police team was dispatched. Jamie Layton met a victim who was predicted to be murdered while inspecting the scene. However, a glance was missed between the judges, and the two went on a chase. The victim, who jumped into the train track and looked at the clock, said, "Today is the most fun day" and said, "It's perfect. This is my style." He jumped into the train and died. Do Jung-woo and Jamie Layton, who were watching suicide, jumped in to save, but they couldn't save it, and those who were watching were also flagged. 

Meanwhile, in the trailer, Jamie Leighton asked Do Jung-woo, "When have we seen it?" He implied that there was a relationship in the past. 

Preview for eps 2

Preview eps 2

• Like 3

The first episode's not bad as an introduction to the team. It does a decent enough job setting everything up although not immediately impressive. I don't mind that because sometimes it's better to start off a bit slow and gradually get better but I hope it picks up the pace soon. But I feel like I might need to watch it all again because just to get a better handle on the serial murders and the coded messages. 

The thing I've always appreciated about Namgoong Min is that he never tries to outshine, or out-act his fellow cast members. He shines just purely through doing his own thing, giving his character certain idiosyncrasies and letting that play out as the storyline unfolds. He is one of my favourites for that reason. He is stellar at pulling off quirky, out-of-the-box types. But here he's not the outsider, he's already part of an established team that he's mentoring in his unorthodox approach. There was a laugh out loud moment when he shot a sign on the freeway which landed directly on top of a hostage taker. That scene alone was probably enough to show what kind of man we're dealing with here.  :cool:

I don't really want a love triangle in this show but I suspect I'm not going to get my way judging from the preview. :P Especially if it means smart women doing stupid things because their emotions get in the way. It's clear he knows the newly returned  cop from somewhere in their deep, dark past from the identikit that he drew.

There's definitely enough material so far to warrant some initial interest in the drama at the very least.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.