My Bargain Queen 我的砍价女 [2021]

2 hours ago, HerManyShows said:

Am simply adoring this show.  What a treat with actors from two of my favorite shows starrng in it and being super cute with each other. 

Yay halooo, finally there is someone watching this too. Tbh this drama is what I expecting everyday to watch after finish work. I have tons of dramas that I followed, but I found this one is the most amusing, as never failed to make me laugh. 

Eventhough it's just a normal romcom, the casts are perfect for it. I was surprised to find Hebo & SS's pair is so cute, they bonded with their love for cat. I hope Hebo change his way asap, so he doesn't become bad guy. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

First eps was cute...I mean it was cheesy but the leads have chemie . LGX handsome as always.

So I finally find out what a bargainer does - professional hustler of sorts. LOL...good thing her mother also didn't know what it was - so at least when she explained it was like she was telling me! LOL! So this is really a 21st century type career or business. I feel like I belong to the stone age.

The ending was quite the plot twist - didn't expect her to be negotiating for her ex fiancé's wedding. Now that is painful...

Okay I will continue...pretty entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

It's not bad. Surprised to see Nicky Wu playing the bad guy with his own little romance. It's kinda cute. And I haven't seen Nicky in anything for ages.

I was wondering why the female lead looked familiar and ah... it's Hao Lan. (Anyway, that probably doesn't mean much to anyone here) I like her. She's very competent and determined. 

The start is good but I don't know what to think about NIng Meng and the ex's impending nuptials. Maybe he had a good reason but a good reason without an explanation is still wrong. Something tells me that he can't be trusted. I am astonished at how open-minded everyone is. I feel the same as Sheng Zhening.

Lin Gengxin is hot as usual. He's really good in this and his chemistry with Wu Jinyan is great. The guy's like fine wine. The older he gets the better he is. I'm watching this mainly for him and the main romance.

It's not a straight up trashy rom com which I'm glad about. But what I'm really worried about is the 40 episodes. I just don't see it right now.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's not bad. Surprised to see Nicky Wu playing the bad guy with his own little romance. It's kinda cute. And I haven't seen Nicky in anything for ages.

I was wondering why the female lead looked familiar and ah... it's Hao Lan. (Anyway, that probably doesn't mean much to anyone here) I like her. She's very competent and determined. 

I may try this. The synopsis sounds cute and I like a story about a successful woman. I also like Wu Jin Yan from Yanxi Palace and Legend of Hao Lan.

I've only known Nicky Wu from his singing days but he looks a little... puffy? Haha sorry.

• Like 1
  • Party! 2
3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Lin Gengxin is hot as usual. He's really good in this and his chemistry with Wu Jinyan is great. The guy's like fine wine. The older he gets the better he is. I'm watching this mainly for him and the

I was just waiting to see if you’ll watch this or not since it’s Lin Gen Xin. I’m here for him too . Have seen WJY in an office drama & she does these sort of spunky characters quite well . I hope there’s enough for 40 eps . 

@Chocolate I hv only watched two episodes but it’s not too bad - compared to some modern office dramas I hv seen. I think there’s at least some sort of plot going on . But you know la - some parts can be quite cliché . So manage your expectations. 
——-

@SilverMoonTea eps 2 

Spoiler

Oh my ! I am shocked that the ex’s GF is his sister. Anyway do like that she gets to work with him again to buy the cars . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was just waiting to see if you’ll watch this or not since it’s Lin Gen Xin. I’m here for him too . Have seen WJY in a office drama & she does these sort of spunky characters quite well . I hope there’s enough for 40 eps . 

Haha somehow I already finished watching 15 eps. I also wondered if they have that many topics until eps 40. But that cat couple seems in trouble and going nowhere haha... so maybe this can drag for many eps... 

I watched this with almost 0 expectation, but I guess LGX is so handsome so I withdrawn to him, and NW doesn't dissapoint too. He looks so good for someone age 50.

Yes @abs-oluteMsomehow they get tangled unexpectedly. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @Chocolate

The show does get better and I'm somewhat impressed by the fact that it does a few things differently from other shows of this kind. It's actually more serious than I had expected. I like the fact that the leads work together to solve a series of sticky situations. and become closer as a result. There's some bickering but it's very minimal and nothing that makes me cringe. Misunderstandings don't seem to drag on needlessly so far. I have to say, Lin Gengxin has really blossomed as a lead male since Princess Agents. To Love was a fantastic drama, very underrated and that proved once and for all that he was lead male material.

Without being duly unkind my sense is that the Ning Meng should be in a psychiatric facility. I'm not sure why the ex-fiance married her but he's bought himself a world of hurt. Meng2 is very paranoid and obsessed with him. Her sanity seems to be deteriorating as the story progresses. It seems to be a cautionary tale of getting romantically involved with former patients. It feels as if their entire married life is constantly on edge and he has to expend a lot of energy coaxing and calming her. At first I thought he might have an ulterior motive in marrying her eg. for her money but I'm starting to think that he felt compelled to marry her.

Although Nicky and cat loving Shuang Shuang are cute, the fact that he's working against Evergreen and Sheng Zhening is a problem. His capable PA is obviously crushing on him and yet he only has eyes for the naive and sweet Shuang Shuang. It is ironic that this guy who is plotting and scheming in plain sight is falling for innocence.

I like it so far. There's a bit more depth than I expected. But I am still worried about the number of episodes. I dread the treadmill of  push and pull that's coming. I'd like the show to prove me wrong.

• Clapping Hands 3

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjummaNing Meng indeed progressing to be quite scary and super sticky. I don't think anyone could stand OP that devoted their whole life just for you. It's just quite wrong in so many level. 

Actually Zhi Juan even he's a psychologist, he doesn't even bothered to give Xia Qian a closure and just ghosting her in their engagement day 😨 Even after 2 years, he also still quite rude to her. I think this couple's relationship actually might not able to be salvaged. 

I think Hebo actually already quite confused inside, other than ShuangShuang, he also quite close with Ning brother-sister. Not sure what is his motive for the backstabbing, either power or revenge. 

I really don't have much expectation on this, and I surprised I already watched 16 eps. So I will just enjoy the ride and maybe drop it if it getting worst 😅

P.s I will consider to try To Love after this. Last time I remember many people calling me to watch it 😂 I haven't know the power of Lin Geng Xin just yet 😆

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@40somethingahjumma

Well, I am in for LGX too...:cool: I still remember our moonlighting in PA's thread...:PsyWhat: After Yuwen Yue, he didn't have any work until To Love which is superb. @SilverMoonTeaTo Love is a must watch whether you like LGX or not...Btw, Nicky looks like a sponge soaks too long in the water...#Don'tKillMe

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate I hv only watched two episodes but it’s not too bad - compared to some modern office dramas I hv seen. I think there’s at least some sort of plot going on . But you know la - some parts can be quite cliché . So manage your expectations. 

Haha thanks for the heads-up. I've watched 2 episodes. It could be faster paced but passable since I don't have to read subs. I find Lin Geng Xin looks quite mature for a 33 yo and not quite appreciating him yet - I mean, after watching Yang Yang who is 30... - maybe it's the hair 😂

I got it wrong that Xia Qian was successful - her business is actually not doing so well, which I wonder why since she is quite intelligent and skillful with her bargaining/negtiating. Perhaps it is her marketing speel - with Ning Meng, she starts off saying she will find the cheapest XXX... which is not what all clients want. Sometimes, clients recognise 一分钱,一分货 (you get what you pay for).

27 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @Chocolate

I like the fact that the leads work together to solve a series of sticky situations. and become closer as a result.

This sounds interesting. Such scenarios are usually very enjoyable if done well. Wu Jinyan was fantastic in Yanxi Palace using her wits to get from palace maid to "almost Empress".

• Haha 2

@Chocolate true that LGX has more matured look. .YY can pass off as early 20s & has this boyish charm . However I find LGX ‘s looks more appealing - more errr manly ? :lol:. Ok better zip my mouth or I’ll get all the YY fans throwing rocks at me . 

@SilverMoonTea I agree with @OsmanthusTea that To Love is a must watch . I actually had to watch without subs ! And you know how bad my mandarin is.  I had to ask @40somethingahjumma for translations :lmao2:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate true that LGX has more matured look. .YY can pass off as early 20s & has this boyish charm . However I find LGX ‘s looks more appealing - more errr manly ? :lol:. Ok better zip my mouth or I’ll get all the YY fans throwing rocks at me . 

Although Yang Yang has improved a lot as seen in YAMG, LGX is the better actor all round granted he's got a few years ahead of him.

Yeah... I'm really asking for trouble, aren't I? Rocks, eggs, tomatoes and water... 

(I'm up to Episode 11. It's addictive stuff.)

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Although Yang Yang has improved a lot as seen in YAMG, LGX is the better actor all round granted he's got a few years ahead of him.

Yeah... I'm really asking for trouble, aren't I? Rocks, eggs, tomatoes and water... 

(I'm up to Episode 11. It's addictive stuff.)

Really? I haven't seen any good acting yet. And episode 3 is like c..r..a..w..l..i..n..g.............................. I shall persevere.

• Haha 3

I just finish eps 3 - how come he needs to be served hand & foot. Lol ! He was so lost without his driver . No wonder the latter didn’t want to get well too fast 😂. Anyway it provided a convenient plot for her to serve him & to snoop around . I cannot believe he’s never dated & that accidental bus stop kiss was his 1st . :heiboi:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I cannot believe he’s never dated & that accidental bus stop kiss was his 1st . :heiboi:

Yeah me too, he looks too pro for someone who never date bwahaha... In later eps you will feel this. 

On 9/13/2021 at 5:21 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Haha I think luckily no YY hardcore havenites watching this (yet) 😂

13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Really? I haven't seen any good acting yet. And episode 3 is like c..r..a..w..l..i..n..g.............................. I shall persevere.

It's not a masterpiece but it's enjoyable and funny? 

But yeah ep 17-18 start to become stall a bit. Hope today eps will be more interesting.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It's not a masterpiece but it's enjoyable and funny? 

But yeah ep 17-18 start to become stall a bit. Hope today eps will be more interesting.

It's not any kind of masterpiece and doesn't pretend  to be. For a rom com it's very decent. I've watched a few trashy rom coms out of the mainland this year and this is the one I've enjoyed the most. And it's not that trashy. So far. In all honesty, right now I'm liking this show much more than Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha. At least the people in this show are generally likeable and there's no protracted push and pull between the leads. They talk to each other and resolve things quickly. I don't even mind Nicky's character. 

19 and 20 are quite interesting. They've even brought Xia Qian's dad into the picture, just in case anyone was wondering where he's been.

• Clapping Hands 2

I am slow like tortoise  @SilverMoonTea... only  up to eps 4. I got distracted by Wu Lei in Our Times. That one is good with an unusual premise  (  not rom-com) . @40somethingahjumma @OsmanthusTea I think you can check out that one when you have time since I think you both like Wu Lei too. 

Anyway , I am surprised he isn't more mad at her that she managed to break into his pc with the p/w that his sister gave. The best plot progression is that they are both aware of a couple of things - that  her client is his sister, and that he reveals to her that he knows about the ex BF. Though I thought he was somewhat mean in the way he confronted her , he did make a good point - why was she trying so hard to help her ex bf with his wedding. Yes, she still has a lot baggage to unload where it comes to her ex. 

The fun bit now is to see who can convince the client to stay / give up their wedding dates. LOL

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1