Episodes: 16

Release Date: November 21, 2020 - January 10, 2021

Runtime: Saturday & Sunday 21:00

Revenge-Korean-Drama-P1.jpg

download-23.jpg

download-25.jpg

download-27.jpg

CAST

Kang Hae-Ra (Kim Sa-Rang) used to work as a reporter. She did not receive recognition for her work, but she married a celebrity. She is now the hottest influencer in South Korea, but she becomes involved in a fake scandal. Overnight, this leads Kang Hae-Ra descending into a bottomless pit. She nows seeks revenge.

Cha Min-Joon (Yoon Hyun-Min) is a cold-blooded lawyer with a 100% win rate. After his family was trapped in a scheme and ruined, he only thinks about his success and getting revenge for his family.

Cr. Asianwiki

CHART :

20201206-001349.jpg

TRAILER :

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

This looks like "uh-oh-so-makjang-syalala drama". Not my usual cup of tea :lenny:, but I'm willing to give it a try. Since I like the actor Yoon Hyun Min and his job here supposed to be lawyer ( yes I'm lawyer wannabe here haha... ) 

@UnniSara, @LaLa, @Ameera, @stroppyse, @Nohamahmoud2002,@ktcjdrama maybe you will like this? @abs-oluteM add this to your 100th drama list? 😂

Anyone have watch this, can share the opinion about this drama? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@SilverMoonTea I did try watching the first episode last week, but I didn't finish watching it. The first few minutes was quite interesting, but I don't know why I lost my concentration and interest while watching the rest of episode. Maybe I'll give it a try again (or maybe no) :D

But I have to say Yoon Hyun Min looks great in his lawyer suit :pandacool:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Ep 1

* The FL reporter so pretty, she seems have perfect life & husband. But behind the door she got abused by her husband. She will got 2 suitors in the line? The lawyer & the hoobae? 

* The hoobae caught when she fell down in subway, is a must in dramaland 🤭😂 Maybe I should start wearing 7-inch heels haha... and pretend to fall... lols.

* Defense lawyer life seems quite miserable. He defense bad guy and seems his guilty conscience keep hounding him. 

* Oh the hoobae just a trap, okay I should forget 7inch heels 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ep 2

* Hera got helped to take revenge on her husband by the female newbie investigator. 

* I start to get a bit lost. The drama introduce many characters. 

* Husband will sue her... Ok I hope Mr. Hot Lawyer will come to save the day soon. Ok first OTP meet quite cute...

download-22.jpg

His pay quite low just a can vending machind coffee... lols... Ok I'm sold with this white knight lawyer already ♥️

• Like 3

Ep 3

* So the lawyer's sister was involved in problem, and Hera is the reporter covering the news at that time. Does he approached Hera solely due to this coincidence? Seems to me he's aware how much danger Hera will be in, if she agreed to his request to open Vtube Revenge. 

* For every makjang drama there is always a birth secret. It started to feel kind of lame. But hey it's standard protocol! 

* The ex husband & the OW kind of make me sleepy. They're also your standard villain for this type of revenge drama. 

I will continue maybe later... I can only watch 1-2 eps per day for makjang drama like this 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've finished ep 5-6 too. And its quite fun riding. Here are some plus minus

+ Hera will handle many different cases with her Vtube blog Revenge. I like this, so every episodes we have something new to look for. 

+ I like Hera character, as she's quite independent and no fussy type. The interaction with her friend and the hoobae that now will work under her also interesting to watch. 

- The handsome lawyer need to appear more. I felt like he become supporting role only, since he don't show that often? 

- Is this a romance drama btw? Haha, I need OTP more scenes! 

- The villain lady's costume looked really lame. It felt like I'm watching Kdrama in 2000's. Pardon me, I'm a bit shallow that way 😂

@stroppyse I think you can try this. Not as makjang as I think of. The FL quite kicking & sassy. Not the crying makjang FL type (which I totally hate haha...). 

@LaLa come back here! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4ad3658f36f445dfa9abf701f2bde3b5-jpeg.jp 

Yoon Hyun Min And Kim Sa Rang Share An Intimate Moment Over Drinks In “The Goddess Of Revenge”

Dec 12, 2020
by C. Hong

TV Chosun’s “The Goddess of Revenge” has shared stills of Yoon Hyun Min and Kim Sa Rang sharing an intimate moment in the midst of drinks.

“The Goddess of Revenge” is a revenge drama about Kang Hae Ra (Kim Sa Rang), a woman who married into power and influence but whose reputation plummeted after an unfounded scandal, and Cha Min Joon, a lawyer with a heart of ice who wants revenge on those who ruined his family.

Spoilers

In order to discover the truth behind the disappearance of his older sister, Cha Yi Hyun (Park Eun Hye), Cha Min Joon teamed up with Kang Hae Ra, Kim Tae On (Yoo Sun) and Kim Sang Goo (Jung Man Sik) to plan his revenge. Although Kang Hae Ra and Cha Min Joon have formed a “revenge alliance” for the sake of those who cannot be protected by the law, but there is tension in the relationship as Cha Min Joon also intends to target her for his revenge. However, it is also hinted that Cha Min Joon no longer sees their relationship as purely “business,” after Kang Hae Ra gets hurt in the course of finding evidence.

The new stills show Cha Min Joon and Kang Hae Ra at drinks and dinner with Goo Eun Hye (Yoon Soy), Kim Hyun Sung (Jung Eui Jae), and Choi Do Yoon (Jang Yoo Sang). Goo Eun Hye gives off a feeling of loneliness as she quietly eats her food, Kim Hyun Sung has a happy-go-lucky expression on his face as he holds his drink for a toast, and Choi Do Yoon looks displeased at what he sees. Cha Min Joon and Kang Hae Ra are in a world of their own as their hands meet in a brief touch as she hands him a drink.

yoon-hyun-min-kim-sa-rang-the-goddess-ofyoon-hyun-min-the-goddess-of-revenge.jpgkim-sa-rang-the-goddess-of-revenge.jpgyoon-soy-the-goddess-of-revenge.jpgjang-yoo-sang-the-goddess-of-revenge.jpgjung-eui-jae-the-goddess-of-revenge.jpg

The production staff stated, “Kim Sa Rang and Yoon Hyun Min have a chemistry that even made the staff’s hearts flutter. Please look forward to the changing emotions in the ‘revenge alliance’ in the upcoming episode.”

“The Goddess of Revenge” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST.

• Like 1

Ending of the Ep 7 is quite nice. 

The Mr. Lawyer started to be so concern to Hera, and even ask her to go doctor to treat her wounds. 

Hera seems quite flustered by his sudden interest too.

@abs-oluteM@LaLa the romance seems slowburn & sweet, this is my rewards for watching makjang drama lols. 

@stroppyse are you going to check this out too? 

20201220-105134.jpg 20201220-105110.jpg 20201220-105159.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteM@LaLa the romance seems slowburn & sweet, this is my rewards for watching makjang drama lols. 

In your case , it is better slow burn than speedy gonzales romance. Knowing you, you'll drop it very fast once the OTP is together

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@SilverMoonTea, thanks to your posts, I actually watched the 2nd episode of this drama, and liked it a lot better than the first episode. In fact, I then binged up to episode 5 so far. And, I can tell that it's going to be complicated.

Min Joon is a lawyer who works for rich scumbugs because he decided that he needs money in order to get power, except the cases he takes on disgust him, so he looks for ways to help the victims that he's just obliterated in court. He's teaming up with HR in order to get revenge for some of the victims, however, he also plans on getting revenge on HR herself because he's under the impression that HR threw his sister under a bus in order to advance her career and social standing. However, he's slowly coming to realize how hellish HR's married life really had been and it's creating some sympathy for her which is at war with his need for revenge for his sister.

However, his sister may have disappeared rather than died. And the driver of the truck who was supposed to transport her to her doom was Jung Woo's father who was killed because the guy who hired him arranged for his brakes to be cut so that he and his cargo would become a literal truck of doom.

HR herself has secrets. Her baby with her husband was stillborn, probably due to his beating her so often, even while she was pregnant. The baby had been a daughter who she buried far away from Seoul. Her son Ga On is not her husband's birth child, but also not her birth child, so it begs the question of whose child Ga On is, and where are his family. Since both GO and her husband seemed to think that GO was the husband's child (at least initially), HR had to have gotten GO about the time her own baby died. She also seems to be looking for MJ's sister, based on the conversation she had with the retired detective? Though, she's not aware of MJ and Eun Hye's (the sister) relationship yet.

I like the way the "live" revenges are set up by HR. It's not enough for her to just give the victims a say and to expose perpetrators on air. She understands that can just devolve into "he said-she said". Rather, HR gets the perps to show their ugly sides while being filmed.

Also, HR's ex-husband is a real creep.

Once I get a chance to catch up, I'll come back and post more. Oh, and Yoon Hyun Min looks really good in this drama, though I'm not sure how I feel about his anti-hero. Also, I haven't gotten any whiffs of romance between MJ and HR yet, though looking forward to some possible stirrings based on posts here.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 10:54 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@stroppyseI just finished ep 11. And starting around ep 10, this drama has become full blown makjang family drama (genre that I don't fancy). Actually it's expected... but well now I'm struggle to complete this I think. 

Actually, this is one of the dramas that I caught up on during the holidays, and I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it. There is some family makjang going on, and I'm hoping that GO's birth mother will show up soon with a good explanation for her continued disappearance all these years.

I just need a way for GO to stay with HR, and perhaps the birth mother can help with that. GO's separation from HR is causing me some heartbreak.

@Celebrianna, come talk with us about Goddess of Revenge since you're watching it! What do you think so far?

• Like 3

@stroppyse, I also want Ga On to stay with He Ra. His father and his half sister are not exactly good role models. They have their feud for many years now and no matter whose in the wrong or right, it’s better that Ga On isn’t used in their destruction of each other. I think this time around He Ra will be able to provide him with a safe home if his birth mother doesn’t show up. 

I haven’t watched episodes 11 and 12 yet but hopefully there is more development on Cha’s missing sister or Ga On’s birth mother. I would really like to know her story. Too many missing gaps right now but it sure looked like she willingly walked into that old man CEO’s hotel room. 

• Like 2

Watching:  **  KDrama:  |  Love in Your Eyes  |  Again My Life  |  **  CDrama:  |  Reset  |

Plan to watch: |  Gaus Electronics |  Hospital Playlist 2  |  

Re-watch: |  Happiness  |

5 hours ago, Celebrianna said:

I haven’t watched episodes 11 and 12 yet but hopefully there is more development on Cha’s missing sister or Ga On’s birth mother. I would really like to know her story. Too many missing gaps right now but it sure looked like she willingly walked into that old man CEO’s hotel room. 

It seems as if she was pressured into it because the Chairman was such a powerful figure. Without explicitly saying so, there are the earmarks of sponsorship for young, attractive, female reporters. It seems as if GO's birth mother was trapped in it, and then later she gave up a job and introduced HR into it instead, except HR actually married her guy only to realize that it was a living hell. It's interesting that HR blamed GO's mother for the situation that she HR had found herself in, as if GO's mother had known, in the way that HR couldn't, what that position would entail.

On the other hand, it's interesting that GO's mother had written to the Chairman all those years ago asking him to take care of their son. Wonder why she would do that when she had given GO up to HR since she was on the run from GO's half-sister who was trying to kill the mother and GO.

I just want GO to be safe and loved, and with his beloved mother HR. The Chairman is not the right person to raise GO, and even if the birth mother is still alive, she's probably in no condition to take care of him either, whereas HR has always put GO first.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It seems as if she was pressured into it because the Chairman was such a powerful figure. Without explicitly saying so, there are the earmarks of sponsorship for young, attractive, female reporters. It seems as if GO's birth mother was trapped in it, and then later she gave up a job and introduced HR into it instead, except HR actually married her guy only to realize that it was a living hell. It's interesting that HR blamed GO's mother for the situation that she HR had found herself in, as if GO's mother had known, in the way that HR couldn't, what that position would entail.

On the other hand, it's interesting that GO's mother had written to the Chairman all those years ago asking him to take care of their son. Wonder why she would do that when she had given GO up to HR since she was on the run from GO's half-sister who was trying to kill the mother and GO.

I just want GO to be safe and loved, and with his beloved mother HR. The Chairman is not the right person to raise GO, and even if the birth mother is still alive, she's probably in no condition to take care of him either, whereas HR has always put GO first.

I thought that He Ra blames Ga On’s birth mother because she recommended her for the position and then she was raped or sexually assaulted in a private room by the future husband during a business party. I get the impression that He Ra probably married the awful husband because of that situation. Before she was sexually assaulted, I recall a scene where a male worker at the news station was telling another female worker that Ga On’s birth mother didn’t do any favor by recommending He Ra. He said He Ra might think so but she’ll soon find out. So, it seems like people at the news station knew this stuff was going on. I think that’s why He Ra blamed he sister because she knew what type of world she recommended He Ra to but He Ra didn’t know. 

About Cha’s sister and the CEO, I guess I hoped that she would be one of those women who would die with their dignity. Heh.

• Like 1

Watching:  **  KDrama:  |  Love in Your Eyes  |  Again My Life  |  **  CDrama:  |  Reset  |

Plan to watch: |  Gaus Electronics |  Hospital Playlist 2  |  

Re-watch: |  Happiness  |

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/5/2021 at 9:27 AM, Celebrianna said:

I thought that He Ra blames Ga On’s birth mother because she recommended her for the position and then she was raped or sexually assaulted in a private room by the future husband during a business party. I get the impression that He Ra probably married the awful husband because of that situation.

HR did blame GO's birth mother for recommending HR to a position which was going to be hell for HR rather than take the position herself as she was supposed to. HR seems to have married her husband because she was pregnant, and frankly didn't know what else to do since she was young, poor, and without family or backing. The real abuse seems to have escalated during their married life, but HR stayed in the marriage thinking it was still better for GO to have both a father and a mother rather than being raised just by herself. The indication was that after HR had sent her son to school overseas, she had finally started standing up to her husband. That was what led to her husband setting HR up for her scandal that ruined her, because that would enable him to divorce her without giving her anything since she would be the adulterer in the marriage, plus it was his way of being spiteful for her audacity to stand up to him.

Anyway, sorry, I wasn't posting more while this drama was running, given that I really ended up liking it, despite the family makjang bit towards the end that @SilverMoonTeapointed out. However, I did write an overall review of the drama, in case any one wants to read it and add their own comments.

• Like 1