Doom At Your Service 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 [2021]

On 6/13/2021 at 5:33 AM, JenL said:

Actually, I think Abyss might have been equally confusing, but yeah, I think this one has more warmth and more likeable characters and this definitely ranks better than Abyss. I still can't believe I watched that entire drama 

😂😂 For some reason, I didn't get past episode 1 (or maybe at least 2?) of that show. Only checked it out cause of JSM and SIG's cameo. 

Thanks for trying to explain it to me. I guess the overall plot is a bit "passive" and there's no real rush. Like, there's a deadline for TDK, but we're not scrambling to achieve something each episode. I've been watching without really digging too deep, and still I've made it all the way to ep 10 (haven't watched this week's eps yet). There's just something calming and chill with the show and the characters. I know there's supernatural aspects to the show, but I feel that the characters are very human and relatable, even for the deities. Maybe that's why it still works for me. 

On 6/14/2021 at 7:12 AM, JenL said:

You know who I find random? Kevin, the auntie's Canadian boyfriend. He sticks out like a sore thumb when auntie barely seems to talk to him and the kids can't communicate with him. He doesn't seem to know any Korean, so it's just weird

LOL. I laughed during this scene too. But well, he is a supposed to be a foreigner that lives in Canada so... So maybe that's actually how it will be if it's someone's first time in Korea or anywhere else not speaking their own language. 😅😅 

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

BTS for ep11-12

LOLLL! The PD has been restricting Seo In Guk's food intake. Last BTS we see that Bo Young whispers at him to eat some while PD isn't looking and Dawon secretly fed In Guk some BBQ meat. This BTS we see In Guk getting excited over the junk food on the table and we hear PD's stern voice telling him "No..."

He sulks (not sure it's real sulking or not) at Bo Young being able to eat and brightens up straight away when Bo Young fed him while filming the sweet scene. PD cannot stop him since it's part of the scene now LOL LOL.

New stills

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

I'm done with ep 12, spent 1/4 box of tissue last night. Actually the story is all over the place. From the start to the beginning it felt so confusing and they keep talking woth metaphors. So it's hard to understand what they intend to deliver here. And actually I feel like they describe the God to be so frail and helpless. Something that doesnt sit well with me. Lols. Well.. put it aside. 

But come to the final episodes, I think I get to know some bits of it now. Finally those blurred pictures becomes clearer. They told everything in reverse. There is a moment that I feel like to drop the show right on that moment. Some episodes remain, I like the family bond among Tak and all her beloved ones. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle The melody and the lyrics are so sad and his voice is never fail to amaze me. I'm affraid to watch next episodes, :cry:

I haven't seen it yet but I saw cuts before bed last night. Their acting is so good so they deliver the emotions across very well. I loved the scene where both of them look like puppy (when they remember everything) and how Myul Mang just couldn't be angry at Dong Kyung and sighing like "what am I to do with you" kind of gesture. So much TLC. Ahhh

EDIT: I should be watching Doom but I can't stop replaying SIG's new song. LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Episode 13

I still don't know what's going on in terms of the story :idk:. If there's a grandeur of life / deity that we need to realise, I think it takes too long for the writer to get there. However watching Dong Kyung and Myul Mang meet again after the reset; each interaction was another enjoyable scene and the palpitating moment portrayed by Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young as the OTP find their way back to one another again... it was :heart: + lots of feelssss.

In this episode, I even liked that short moment and focus on Joo Ik's hesitated hand when Ji Na kissed him. The editing/PD is great in capturing this little gesture/reaction from the actors.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

@mademoiselle yes! It was so nice to watch DK and MM meet again after the reset. It's funny how they met again in the exact same way with them accidentally bumping into each other at the hospital. The 2nd time was even better in that it's obvious that DK is different from everyone else that MM has come across. Just the way she reacted to seeing him beating someone up in the parking lot. While others would have been scared, she was mostly curious as to who/what he is and how he was able to make the cars turn their lights on/off. I think this is why MM was so curious about her. 

The moment their memories come back and them seeing each other again was so beautifully done. And Seo In-Guk's eyes in the last scene when they see each other again.. you can see the softness and love in them which is so different than his eyes before when he didn't remember her.

I can't wait to see how it's going to end.

• Like 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Mouse They were meant to find each other again. That's for certain.

I forgot to mention earlier — is it deliberate or the reset was sloppy that some things (like DK's diary) was erased but not their mobile contacts or photo on MM's phone? Do you have any takes on this?

Some episode 14 cuts

Spoiler

Hmm, interesting. So the writer went ahead with the contract — MM became the most loved person of Dong Kyung so in exchange he takes away all her sickness and pain and disappear as he initially wishes...

Episode 15 Preview

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I forgot to mention earlier — is it deliberate or the reset was sloppy that some things (like DK's diary) was erased but not their mobile contacts or photo on MM's phone? Do you have any takes on this?

I was actually confused about this too. Also, why would the Female deity encourage Dk to go to the rooftop even thought she knew that MM frequents the rooftop? I feel like maybe Female Deity didn't really want them to completely forget each other but was perhaps interested in seeing whether they would find their way back regardless. I also think that maybe she just wanted to give DK the opportunity to make a different choice when it came to the bet. In the reset, MM actually offers DK the same deal but she turns it down. Perhaps that's what gets them out of their original predicament? Not really sure...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I was actually confused about this too. Also, why would the Female deity encourage Dk to go to the rooftop even thought she knew that MM frequents the rooftop? I feel like maybe Female Deity didn't really want them to completely forget each other but was perhaps interested in seeing whether they would find their way back regardless. I also think that maybe she just wanted to give DK the opportunity to make a different choice when it came to the bet. In the reset, MM actually offers DK the same deal but she turns it down. Perhaps that's what gets them out of their original predicament? Not really sure...

The deity is definitely the most confusing character. Her stand is so blurry I really don't know what to think. For the rooftop bit, I feel that she did it after knowing they've met and that MM went back to the way he was without DK so it's inevitable that for her pot of plant to survive (MM to function properly), it requires DK... although I've no idea why that plant is tied to MM or how all of this work in the grand of things (I can't see the big picture, lol)

Episode 15 took a different turn. We can share our thoughts further once we've both watched it.

• Haha 2

Who does the flower the female deity is taking care of suppose to represent again? Is it supposed to be herself or MM? Like everything else, I'm also confused why it suddenly became healthy.

My understanding is that the second meet is supposed to happen. What makes this second time different? I'm not sure... I wish I can help answer but I'm clueless as well. 😅😅

I'm still loving watching through it though. 😄😄😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle @Warm Paws I think the flower represents MM but what part of MM it represents in not clear to me. And yes, the Female Deity is the most confusing character because it's impossible to figure out what she wants. She seemed so keen to see the plant finally grow and flower but then it seemed problematic when she did. But she also knew that it was only possible for MM to grow with TDK. Somehow the two are connected together.

I watch the video previews you posted but I couldn't understand them without subtitles! it looks like MM disappears though... :pandasad:

• Like 3