Doom At Your Service 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 [2021]

11 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I’ve just finished episode 4 and I can’t say I get what’s going on with the story… Who is Myulmang, exactly? And is he the antithesis of the “female deity” in the form of the sick girl in the hospital? He’s not human but he has a human history of birth? I’m not quite so sure what it is I’m watching. 😂😂😂

From what we've seen, he's a demigod of sorts. From the funeral scenes, he seems to have been human at one point in time. He keeps pretending that he's not human but clearly demonstrates human traits. I don't think the female deity is necessarily his antithesis but she's certainly older and of a higher rank than he is. I imagine this show is about a kind of Faustian pact between two beings who seem to have something to gain from it and predictably fall in love. Do-kyung is trying to get around the contract by trying to fall for Doom probably to protect her brother from falling prey to Doom's threats of taking the life of "the person you love the most". She's cottoned on that Doom isn't the all-powerful grim reaper type with no feelings and so working to find chinks in his armour.

Honestly this show is pretty meh in my books. The world-building is perfunctory. The fact that I have more time for Dark Hole than this, says a lot about what I think about the show's philosophical pretensions. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

:wow:  That almost kiss, so heart fluttering... 

Okay, I admit that I am still not catching on yet as to what exactly is going on with the story. Yes, yes, I am here just for the OTP alone :smile: 

The side plot of writer's love triangle, seems like another drama on its own? LOL... not seeing the connection to the main story. Is it supposed to stand alone? LSH so sexy though with his deep voice, especially around the end of the episode in the cafe scene, when he said "that is not revenge" :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama The chemistry between Bo Young and In Guk are off the chart in the latest episode! That near kiss was beautiful. Think that might be a nice one for a badge. What do you think?

It's true I'm also not sure there is a good backstory and at this point it is not focusing on it as much as it is focusing on developing the relationship between Dong Kyung and Myul Mang. I get what the characters are going through, especially Myul Mang because he's so jaded, skeptical and cryptic about humans and his job as Doom. He lost his belief and he's rather negative and then we have Dong Kyung making him see things differently now, which I find that nuances between them enjoyable, soothing to watch and beautiful. So even if the story could ended being meh, I must say at the moment I'm really enjoying their acting and chemistry.

I do love that last episode Dong Kyung subconsciously tried to block the murderer from hurting Myul Mang and in continuation in this episode, Myul Mang reacts to it emotionally. Him eventually taking the life of that murderer because the murderer almost hurt Dong Kyung. Dong Kyung's action also made him curious and wants to understand her (a human) more and more, which is what I really enjoyed in this episode. It was very sweet of Myul Mang to really observe Dong Kyung in the train and ensure she has a seat. Awwww. Yes, Dong Kyung, let's train Myul Mang into the best boyfriend ever! Hahaha!

I think it's pretty clear that Myul Mang is so very whipped and in love with Dong Kyung already. He just doesn't know it or wants to acknowledge it. Same for Dong Kyung, even if it has not developed to love but she shows that she cares.

Also, OMG @abs-oluteM, look out for young Oppa Nam Da Reum. He seems to have grown again since we last saw him in Start-Up! Did he grew taller or it was just the different hairstyle? I don't know. It felt like he looked taller and definitely more mature again. I thoroughly enjoyed his short cameo, lol. I also love the short confrontation he has with Myul Mang... hahahaha. Myul Mang's threat did not scare him at all which leaves Myul Myung baffled. :eeeee:

@Tofu Better late than never (and hopefully you don't drop it :jinbtscry:). How many badges can we submit for Doom? Can we have one for the side-characters too? Submitting one for Lee Soo Hyuk because some of the Havenites find him smexy and we can never have one too many Oppa-deul. Hahaha. Let me know if you need more if this is unsuitable...I can keep an eye out for it when I surf.

Spoiler

e571e86339e794a5e3d14049c614c239c1a86f5f

source: yashalex

Would this look good as badge? @Tofu @abs-oluteM Need to cut it into squre and think it might look better if slowed it down... let me know what you guys think.

img.gif

source: Daon

f23268b5bc12f861dfd5e63b77da646ac0ca062c

source: standardlilith

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

OST 2 Tomorrow x Together - Love Sight

Hmmm, so far I already liked the first 2 OSTs from this drama. They are easy to get into.

BTS of Episode 1-2 Part 2

Part 1 can be found on page 1 of this thread if too difficult to find in previous pages.

Same for all of the OSTs. Otherwise, YouTube. :P

New stills

Aish... looks like they are fighting (again) in the rain...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Need to cut it into squre and think it might look better if slowed it down... let me know what you guys think.

oooo I really like this. Let's see what @Tofu thinks .
Busy work week for me. But will catch up since tomorrow is a public holiday! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 6 Cuts

Spoiler

Gaaaaahhhhhh this show!!! Keeps teasing us with a near kiss!

... but looks like they finally really kiss...:wow: In Guk is such a good kisser, so is Bo Young...

Side note: This drama's writer or PD is cruel. It's winter when they filmed this drama and they have to film at the beach and now IN THE RAIN! *Shivers on behalf of them

Episode 7 Preview

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love your choice of badges @mademoiselle 😍

Request for off-side profile of LSH please. I don’t know whether it will look better or not. 

Thanks. I'll still be on the look out for the same scene but another giffers just to find the best version. So you prefer side-profiles? Is there a preferred side? Right or left?

This?

d95573b2627a3065a1daa3464f56c5d454d28943

I think tonight's episode might have some better gif coming along too...

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Looks good already! :wow: I haven't watched tonight's episode. I think it will only be available in a couple of hours.

If we don't know better, we might think that the hospital girl (I dunno what to call her) is the jealous ex-girlfriend trying every all ways to keep our OTP apart...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I hope you don't miss this... you can also pick one side-profile from here. So many nice pictures!!!

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=31562522&memberNo=33889228

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Looks good already! :wow: I haven't watched tonight's episode. I think it will only be available in a couple of hours.

If we don't know better, we might think that the hospital girl (I dunno what to call her) is the jealous girlfriend trying every all ways to keep our OTP apart...

She wants to reset Myul Mang or something based on the preview :JigglyAngry:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

I'm finally here! I actually watched the first episode the day it aired, but then Lee Je Hoon projects were just everywhere and I'm crushing on him so Lee Je Hoon dramas > Other dramas :laugh:...But I was looking forward to this one ages before it came out, so was glad I caught up on half the episodes today!

Episodes 1-3

- I'm enjoying the banter of Park Bo Young and Seo In Guk so much :hearties: I just love PBY. I've never found SIG to be particularly attractive, but damn he is charismatic and he's killing me in this role. I think it's his combination of sardonic, dry humour, sadistic amusement and playfulness and his sense of vulnerability :BulbaOWO: Will he make it to Oppa adoption stage? He might just in this role!

- With that said, I'm still not overly sold on the whole storyline yet - I feel it's a little bit teen supernatural romance-y. The part of me that still picks up teen romances is charmed by the plot - it does seem well paced so far and I'm enjoying the humour and chemistry. The other side of me wants it to transcend this genre and be a little less melodramatic at times...? :thinking: Especially with the end of episode 3 where she almost jumped off a building and told him she'd decided to love him...and he was like, "You'll have to love me enough to want to destroy the world" ...Me internally: That is the premise of just about every supernatural teen romance story, what's new huh? :idk:

- I struggled with the first episode because TDK's life was so bleak and it was really depressing to watch :letalQQ: I've seen many more depressing drama scenarios lately, but this one felt like a deep dive of all the horrible things that can happen to one person. But as soon as they introduced MM, I was like....I can continue watching!  :wow::cool:

- TDK's jerky ex-boyfriend who was using her as a side fling was so pathetic! :pandarage2: Haha, the actor for him has taken on similar roles before right? I feel like I've definitely seen him in something else like this too. Typecast as the jerky drama ex :heiboi:

- But the silver lining about the jerky ex-boyfriend =  Seeing MM pretend to be TDK's husband to get rid of him...I laughed so hard when he was pretending to call her honey and telling her to go inside for cucumber soup. She was speechless :laugh: Also when her brother was searching for MM and he was laying across her bed and greeted them with a casual, "Hi Brother-in-law" :lol:

- Another lovely thing is seeing Kang Tae Oh again :heart: He's so pretty...I can see why the writer NJN is still hung up on him and writing him into her stories all these years :idk: Hopefully he's on screen more in later episodes...he's only just popped in at episode 3!

- I really liked that scene where TDK was teasing him about crying and saying that she thought he didn't sleep while he was laying on the couch and was leaning over him and he turned towards her and told her that he never sleeps even when she's fully asleep and defenceless and with a smirk, adds that he's dangerous :lenny: Ah the flutters!

-On the other hand, I'm not great with how MM was toying with her. I could get truck scene because he's the spirit of doom wanting to corner her into a decision and would do that to anyone....but the inflicting pain by not holding her hand just because the other demigod was implying that she was his weakness and would make him feel things?? :psweatduck: Still, I like the personification of 'Doom' and I'm looking forward to catching up :popcorn:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I’ve just finished watching all 6 episodes and have to say I’m really enjoying this one. The chemistry between the leads is insane!! The way they look at each other, to the hand-holding and the almost kisses (to the eventual kiss!!!!)... all so good!! :BulbaOWO:

The kissing scene in ep 6 did not disappoint. I was worried that I would be let down because the almost kisses were so good. Thankfully, when they did finally kiss, it was worth the wait. 

I am wondering if MM was previously human. If he was, he doesn’t seem to remember or does a very good job of hiding it. If he was human before, I wonder he ended up becoming doom.

I am not sure I understand the relationship between MM and the other god. I was under the impression she created him. I don’t think they’re necessarily opposites. Rather they just serve different roles. It seems to me there is an all powerful god who created everything and they are both Demi gods of some sort.

so did MM want TDK to wish for the end of the world because if the world ends, he wouldn’t have a purpose and therefore cease to exist? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Agree with you @Mouse the beginning of episode 6's conversation they shared was so heart-fluttering. I clocked an expression Myul Mang made in reaction to Dong Kyung (gif below), I don't know but it squeezes my heart in the most unexplanable way. She's really seeing through him so so much. It's so nice to see him melting.

f24a9c93fdebbacd5e7cffebba199e7b71bf713e.gifv  a318e1b4d795daae400db404a5f860bba0507695.gifv

source: dramaism

And then the aegyo he pretended when he asked for them to sleep together. Holy molyyyy. Seo In Guk still got it in him. Sooo well done. LOL. I hope @JenL you will fall head over heels over Seo In Guk soonish! I anticipate the Oppa adoption announcement in June. Unfortunately I can't adopt again since he's already Oppa. Maybe I could try adopting Lee Soo Hyuk and Kang Tae Oh. C'mon boys, flutter my heart.

I love it when Myul Mang is spoiling Dong Kyung. Gosh. How can her heart not flutter? There's still not much revealed about the world of the lady deity and Myul Mang but this episode we find out Myul Mang looks different to everybody (cool disguise) except Dong Kyung, who sees the real him. She sees his real face from the beginning. No wonder he's clinging to her. I love the "Everything to me is a first" statement — makes my heart flutter (too) but sounds so sad at the same time.

He's so cheeky for dazzling Dong Kyung and uses his "magic" (for lack of a better description) on the second near kiss. That cheeky smile when she freezes near his lips. Gosh again.

289504a93e28607e5821f8dbd9eed1ed.gif

source

I really liked it coz the actors are doing such a good job giving me the Feels and PD of course good at capturing the moment. And then that loud exhalation from Myul Mang before he goes in for the kiss at the end...eeeeee, it just adds to the Feels. Seo In Guk's kissing scenes never disappoint and Bo Young's too especially when she's paired with the right male lead. Gaaah.

Because I was writing notes, I kind of glossed over most of the conversation (so quick!) Joo Ik has with his dad. Hope it's not too important. The only thing I took away from that scene was the steak is over-cooked. xP

Finally Ji Na meets Hyun Kyu. Honestly I am still confused what's the deal with these two. They obviously haven't gotten over one another. What's keeping them apart? Can't they just sort it out by talking? And then there's Joo Ik, who seems to know everything and appears to be in love with Ji Na since a while back too.

The writer seems to write her script in reverse for this drama. Usually the writer will tell us in advance the backstory (ok, not all) whereas this one seems to try to develop the current OTP's relationships first and then potentially (I hope so) reveal the past/plot later.

That conversation Deity has with Myul Mang really give off bad vibes. And then the conversation she has with Dong Kyung... it's still all too hazy to understand how all this come into play but I clocked the emphasis on the flower pot being "hers" (repeated twice) and that it's her first time. So she too is a newborn Deity and her first time to "rule" this world? However it seems to be clear that Myul Mang is under her control so she intended to reset his character — is that mean Myul Mang will lose his memory. Eeek. Let's not use the amnesia trope please.

@Tofu @abs-oluteM Found another candidate for the badge. This is already square so maybe more suitable.

3339a9a4f9f4bd3032035a18268bbfe108b13c08

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3