Doom At Your Service 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 [2021]

I finish the balance. So far so good. I like the choice that she had to make - there's something philosophical about it . She could  save herself from a painful death by allowing him to fulfill his wish since he needs a human wish to destroy the world in order to achieve self-realisation or what he was designed to be. Or she could of course save the world and have a painful death. I don't think she gets to live either way right?

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Watched the first episode and love it so far! This will be my first drama since dodosolsollalasol. Funny how I went from one last minute cancer twist to finding out the FL has cancer in the first scene. I absolutely can’t say no to  ashow starring Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young.:wow:

Edited by CINNABOM
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

@abs-oluteM The promo clip you posted on page 6, Seo In Guk revealed something in that clip. He mentioned everything dies around him as he walked past but things come to life when Dong Kyung walks towards him. Now I get the meaning behind this poster!

Spoiler

EzUZurfVUAERqOr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Episode 2 cut

Seems like it's part of the contract or condition they have to hold hands. Hahaha. Sure sure, Oppa.

Park Bo Young's fashion

c64b2901ad4ce62405a698359339e1f2660aed82

332df04e64644dc73125d2099d41e2dbdf7cdb67

ce35c9587c17d4c7333bf99ccc53f0381ce4dbb7

source: moonlightsdream

I'm liking the knitted tops a lot...!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Oppa Kim Ji Suk cameo as a loser ex BF who was married but lied to her. Thank god his new drama coming out next month or I will have this image of him as such a pathetic person ingrained in my mind for a long time. Trauma! :pandascared:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Just finished ep.2. Still an engaging watch, although there are stuff that I am still confused about. Most curious is who is the girl in hospital??

First time watching Lee Soo Hyuk and I think I’m falling for his deep raspy voice :wow: Help!!...? LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Done 1 episode. It's pretty good start, well doom start I mean. I tear up already, she's smiling but crying inside her. R they really to end her life in the end. They seems to hint it so. Like telling us living a good meaningful life in your last days of your life. He set the date to be 100 days, since she reached out his hands the time is ticking to coundown 99 days. I know this will be unhappy journey and I dont like sad ending, never. But, since the story looks good and tbh it's becuase of the two main leads, PBY and SIG, so I probably stay. 

• Like 5

Done with ep 2. It's become more interesting. Poor tak, being bulied by the fate. But i believe there's a widom to all of this. Everything exist as a set to complete each there. Now she decide to embrace her fate, slowly accepts that she's dying. He whole life is so unhappy life, but I think myul mang comes to make a meaning to it. How and why, the drama still keep it as mystery here. Lols

Aside from that sad things, i like how the charging hand holding of both, seriously, how could they make life and death to be this romantic, it wasnt supposed to be so but they both look so good together, their chemistry is just really great. So if she doesnt hold his hand, she'll be in pain because of her illness right? And the due date is before midnight? 

So the female patient MM visits is the deity? I almost dont get the whole narration here woth all their hierarchy here. Lols.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Annyeong chingudeul! 

Newbie here. :mine:

Well I just started the first ep of DaYS drama and the most I've been captivated are the faces of the leads. Omg PBY face is still the same. I dont know for some reason the PD has its good way of capturing her small and beautiful face. All throughout the drama I was like she didn't even aged. For the ml his haircut and his everything is so hot. SIG is so different here. 

Hehehe I'm still in the process of which plotline this drama is following. I mean a similar one or there is a touch of resemblance. I think it has a cool plotline. 

Well, although, DongKyung is just an ordinary woman  at least she knows how to answer back. Not the typical damsel and distress coz that's my first impression of the character.

Okay I'll be back after I watch the 2nd episode. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Hellooo @Sakurafairy. Welcome to JangHaven & to the thread. 

@CINNABOMglad you're watching this with us too.

-------------

Ya , handsome KTO finally appeared :pandahappy:

E1IZCsLWQAUhhjV?format=jpg&name=large

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

First time watching Lee Soo Hyuk and I think I’m falling for his deep raspy voice :wow: Help!!...? LOL

Have you also seen his body? ahahaha He got nice abs & built too being a former model 

edit - after watching eps 2 , I also find him very attractive - his character is very cool . Not sure if I like the 2nd FL that he and Kang Tae Oh are supposed to fight over though....

So he is Doom itself - but it is interesting that even if he is supposed to destroy whatever that is in his path, he could heal the cut on her finger. And the "deity" in the hospital - so is she "life" itself? So they are both like yin yang? But there's a price for everything - because she gives life , she is dying . I am intrigued that despite being deities with powers they have a human form - as in physically she can be treated and resuscitated. What are the rules of this fantasy eh? 

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Episode 2

Anyone had a chance to see the opening theme? It didn't seem like the show will end it sadly for the OTP. It almost hinted that at the end Myul Mang found himself a partner, which is Dong Kyung.

I like that Myul Mang finds comfort in Dong Kyung. She asks the same question and responded the same way as he and that makes him takes more interest in her. I also enjoy how she keeps thinking because she's sick so she's hallucinating or going insane rather than believing him. Hahahaha. I just love how hard he tries to convince her he is who he said he is. The way it played out plus their acting is just really entertaining. And then the hand-holding, lol, it's ridiculous but I love it because so quick they are already having skinship. :heart:

There's a lot to digest with the conversation between Shin (deity) and Myul Mang. I'm trying to understand it all but I think I need more crumbs. Since it is life and death goes hand in hand — together they balance things out and life comes in full circle when there's birth and death. Myul Mang = Death / end. Is Shin = Birth / the beginning? Because we've already gotten hint from SIG's promo video that Park Bo Young's Dong Kyung brings life when she walks towards him so I'm more inclined to think she's Birth/the beginning. Whereas Shin identifies herself as the gardener, she plants, but she did say not everything she planted grows so she's not "birth".

Another theory I'm entertaining is she's the predecessor of birth and her reign/life is coming to an end after losing her Myul Mang. SIG is the new Myul Mang (which is why he questioned why he was chosen) and is seeking his soulmate (but he doesn't know it yet) i.e., the new birth/life. Yeah, don't give me a confuse button... this is all still a bit hazy for me as well.

This is definitely waaaay more well done than Abyss. Abyss from the beginning was already difficult. This one, I just feel like I ease into it so nicely. That said, it is written by The Beauty Inside writer, which I can't say I liked that previous project... and because it is a fantasy, writers tend to fail badly at giving a satisfying ending. So we'll have to see for this. Right now, I'm really enjoying the cinematography, the colour tone, the acting and so on.

Kang Tae Oh's appearance is... pathethically short! I hope next week we'll see more of him. As for Lee Soo Hyuk, he's so cool I don't know what to think but at least I know he's a nice colleague and doesn't gossip behind others' back.

I'm liking the fact that co-habitation has been mentioned, bwahaha but I totally don't get why she said it. xD

BTS #1

@SilverMoonTea OK, the verdict is out. It's nice! How about checking it out and decide for yourself? I'm not sure if SIG is your style but I feel the way he carries Myul Mang, he might like.

@Tofu It's a keeper. The OTP's chemi hit it off immediately. Other than MinMinBongBong, I believe we have a new convincing chemi couple. The story so far is interesting too. You'll like the cinematography (by one of the PDs for Search WWW).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

That cameo was the best. Will always love KJS. :laugh:

I’m interested to know more about LSH’s character. Seems like he’s harboring an interest on Dong Kyung. Every time they show him, I keep thinking he would be perfect to play a grim reaper also. His beauty is just otherworldly. However, Seo In Guk is killing it as Myul Mang. Since he has the power to heal, would he be able to cure her cancer? If so, I wonder what price he pays every time he uses his healing powers. He kept saying how there’s a consequence to all of his actions.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Anyone had a chance to see the opening theme? It didn't seem like the show will end it sadly for the OTP. It almost hinted that at the end Myul Mang found himself a partner, which is Dong Kyung.

I did. Kinda forced to during first episode, I cannot fast forward somehow. Yes I kinda get that same feel also. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And then the hand-holding, lol, it's ridiculous but I love it because so quick they are already having skinship.

I won’t be surprised if it turns out that he was only making up the whole recharging thing. First, I don’t see any “effect/sparks” and he never said for how long. She did ask him about it when they were at the bridge. And his answer was it’s done, he just hasn’t let go 😆

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I won’t be surprised if it turns out that he was only making up the whole recharging thing. First, I don’t see any “effect/sparks” and he never said for how long. She did ask him about it when they were at the bridge. And his answer was it’s done, he just hasn’t let go 😆

Hahaha yes. Next episode it did seem like we'll see the "effect" if they didn't hold hands.

All that talk about the person she loves the most will die and him telling her to love him. Myul Mang is plotting to get her falling in love with him and when she cancels the contract and he could die (and be free of being Myul Mang).

4f4a63984824467b5a3a662fe23c7bbe.gif

source: saram_sarang

I've a personal liking to this scene where Myul Mang, even though is with Dong Kyung, he's still pretty much connected to the whole world/humans. I just love the way SIG did the change of expression...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2
15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This clip is perfect for @Tofu :lenny:

BUT, I hope you will watch it in full.

You know me so well. :smug::laugh:

For a moment I thought that photo for the OST meant Seo In Guk participated in singing one of the OSTs for Doom until I saw Ailee’s name. :nervous:

• Haha 3
32 minutes ago, Tofu said:

You know me so well.

For a moment I thought that photo for the OST meant Seo In Guk participated in singing one of the OSTs for Doom until I saw Ailee’s name.

I believe he is going to 🤔 thought I read it on the news.

EDIT: He is!

https://www.kdramapal.com/doom-at-your-service-ost-lineup-feature-seo-in-guk-gummy-exos-baekhyun-more/

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1