Doom At Your Service 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 [2021]

I am actually confused. LOL...So first off is he human? He keeps denying it but it seems he decided not to be one by choice? Okay maybe he isn't human but does have the emotions / feelings and he was gravely hurt before ( like how he cried in that funeral) , and decided not to acknowledge these feelings. Anyhow , I am confused now about the contract - what is it that he ultimately wants from her and what is that she will get in return. Her death seems imminent. And that deity girl in the hospital - she was the one he was grieving for . So her current state  is her reincarnated? 

Side love story -  not looking good for Lee Hyun Kyu (KTO )- he is the muse / inspiration for writer Ji Na but if he is anything like all the spineless male leads that she writes in her stories , we're doomed metaphorically speaking. Interesting flashback kiss between Joo Ik and Ji Na. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I am so enjoying everyone's prettiness in this drama (esp Lee Soohyuk cos I am just biased :x). I like the whole storyline and our main couple's chemistry too! I like that Dongkyung isn't the usual female lead who cries at every little small thing. Sure, she gets frustrated at a lot of things in life (which I understand), but she takes things in stride. Even with 100 days left to live, she isn't scurrying around trying to fulfil her dreams. She is just being her and doing things that she thinks she should do. Definitely looking forward to seeing how the story unravels!

Just a quick question (not drama related). How is it that Lee Soohyuk hasn't aged since I first started watching him 10 years back? :shocked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not sure there was any progress in terms of the set-up of this fantasy this week. Nothing much was revealed or explained except we see that in Myul Mang's world, everything around him dies or wilt or become colourless and to his surprise, Dong Kyung brings everything back to life and becomes colourful again when she walks towards him. Regretfully he snaps out of it and we don't get to see more and nothing is yet explained why Dong Kyung could do it. Is she taking over the deity or...? It makes me wonder whether in the end even if the contract ended, Myul Mang dies (because he became Dong Kyung's most love), Dong Kyung is able to bring him back to life (as a human perhaps).

I'd say the chemistry of the OTP is carrying this week's episodes. They bicker, they flirt (ok, Myul Mang did) and they tried to get to know one another. Myul Mang, to me, at times throws his tantrum at Dong Kyung and they fight. He also tries to deny he's so whipped by Dong Kyung and push her away.

The latest episode I was mad with Dawon's role as Tak Sun Kyung. What a disappointing brother. I really didn't expect him to pull tricks, lie and cheat to get money out of Dong Kyung. Time to grow up, this useless leech brother.

2 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

Just a quick question (not drama related). How is it that Lee Soohyuk hasn't aged since I first started watching him 10 years back? :shocked:

:pandathink:

1. Avoid the sun

2. No sun baking/tanning at all cost

3. Sunscreen

4. Moisturiser (stay hydrated at all times)

5. BB cream

6. Blemish cream

7. Apply reflectors (those silver screen thingie you see behind the scenes) to the actor's face

8. It also helps if you have asian's genes

1 hour ago, movingwheel said:

me too :(

One down. 3 more to go... :jiminbtssigh:

I think I will catch up over the weekend... already low battery after work :PikaRIP:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 5/18/2021 at 10:48 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I am actually confused. LOL...So first off is he human? He keeps denying it but it seems he decided not to be one by choice? Okay maybe he isn't human but does have the emotions / feelings and he was gravely hurt before ( like how he cried in that funeral) , and decided not to acknowledge these feelings. Anyhow , I am confused now about the contract - what is it that he ultimately wants from her and what is that she will get in return. Her death seems imminent. And that deity girl in the hospital - she was the one he was grieving for . So her current state  is her reincarnated? 

Side love story -  not looking good for Lee Hyun Kyu (KTO )- he is the muse / inspiration for writer Ji Na but if he is anything like all the spineless male leads that she writes in her stories , we're doomed metaphorically speaking. Interesting flashback kiss between Joo Ik and Ji Na. 

At first I thought he might be human but may have had his memory taken away and became Myul Mang, otherwise he wouldn't question his own existence. I think he does have emotions/feelings because Dong Kyung caught him a couple of times. He is jaded due to his doomed power/job so he stops feeling/loving. I think episode 4 pretty much explained why he's so cynical towards humans. Dong Kyung intrigues him because she is so different.

Myul Mang wants Dong Kyung to wish for the end of the world. Remember on his birthday he was told to grant a human a wish? Because Dong Kyung was wishing for doom days so he picked her.

Side love story isn't going anywhere yet though. Hahaha. And how interesting that Hyun Kyu and Joo Ik are housemates!! xDDDD I honestly thought they were gay or something bwahahahahaha. If they are, would @SilverMoonTea return to watch this forbidden love? xDDDDD

• Haha 3

42979fb857a65d05c0470246c1865ae40b4d4bd8

73e231db19fdf088222fabbf77b6c97fd0a8b542739dd13b3e26f6464622b7b6b1d8ffaef3465e9db385619022014f8cd53975f0cbf09e2980d85fc9

“The reason behind everything that disappears. The deity that makes everything vanish. It must be lonely to love things, that disappear the moment you touch them. Lonely enough not to ever want to love them. I think I finally understand, what it is that you’re running away from.”

Source: deokmis
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

How about this as a couple badge? @Tofu @abs-oluteM @Alice Wonderland

E10hM35VoAEiTKb?format=jpg&name=medium

@Alice Wonderland I know you meant this scene but I haven't come across good gif of this scene.

7dcf5530d936472f35e61528bf79c1f52404750d

Spoiler

img.gif

source: masterpiece

I haven't seen many good ones that could have big headshots of the couple in a frame. Or we go for the overall aesthetic instead which is something like this:

dc0e06d9a7857b541b1d0c4a0862e5ceda7b12b2

A few other Myul Mang's badges for consideration

Spoiler

4218374b7719d5b9f444b91b0a6be150c7b52cfa.gifv3da1f768c881c9b23dc6f66a102066144ab9b5d7.gifv

source: jehoon

70429ded3143d12aec13e718cfa2009645405fed.gifv187502212d220cbc02d6faae77694425a0b9325d.gifv

source: httpdrama

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I think I finally get what the drama is going for. Myul Mung's desire to destroy the world is because he thinks he is unworthy of love. This is also compounded by the fact that he finds that humans are all insignificant selfish , self-centered creatures  every time he hears their thoughts. To fulfill his purpose , after all he is  destruction itself ,  he has a built up a wall to prevent himself from feeling anything be it sadness or compassion. That dream sequence of the flowers dying as he walks past and with her bringing them back to life is a critical hint to the dynamics of their relationship going forward. His goal for her to love him so much , she'd wish for the world to end . And hers for him to love her so much, he'd change his mind about destroying it. 

As to the side love story, it looks like it might turn rather messy, no? Didn't expect Cha Jo Ik to be Lee Hyun Kyu's former tutor and that they both live together.  Does it feel like Lee Hyun Kyu is an extension of Kang Tae Oh's character in Run On? Especially when he does his cute agyeo here:

Spoiler

vPUcD2q.png

@mademoiselle too bad she never kissed him ...look at that adorable face. I like this soft fringe here

f7WQUIP.png

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

haven't seen many good ones that could have big headshots of the couple in a frame. Or we go for the overall aesthetic instead which is something like this:

I personally love this flower scene and wouldn't mind using it for the badge. 

And this is my fave for Myul Mung...I laughed at all the scenarios she was thinking of to make them fall in love

3da1f768c881c9b23dc6f66a102066144ab9b5d7

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I’ve just finished episode 4 and I can’t say I get what’s going on with the story… Who is Myulmang, exactly? And is he the antithesis of the “female deity” in the form of the sick girl in the hospital? He’s not human but he has a human history of birth? I’m not quite so sure what it is I’m watching. 😂😂😂

• Haha 4