Doom At Your Service 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 [2021]

47 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Paging @ktcjdrama Can you confirm this is the one you pick? Please confirm because we don't want to put the wrong pic as badge.

No, but I think this one will work better as a badge because he’s smiling. Thanks dear. 

SIG is a great kisser. Can already see from his Reply 1997. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

No, but I think this one will work better as a badge because he’s smiling. Thanks dear. 

SIG is a great kisser. Can already see from his Reply 1997. 

Ok thanks. I've submitted for badge.

Yeah true, SIG was already so good in kissing for R97.  :heart:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

This drama definitely said it all "Doom at your service" which means we will go though a hard time sooner or later. Something I dont like is angst and sad ending. And this drama didnt promise us not to have both. But despite with all those, I am glad with how they tell the sad part lightly and with a pich of some comedy here and there. We will sure get the angts gradually, but so far it's still bearable. 

Seeing the next preview, what is the connection of MM and DK? He was there when she got the call. And what's with the deity?? Hmmm... i dont really get her. Seriously, she speaks everything with riddles. "If it grows weird thing then I can pull it out then change it with somthing else to plant. This is mine so I can do so." Does she mean she want to make DK gets her destiny and MM stop interfering with her plan?? Hmmm... confusing, anyone can enlighten me?? Lols

Oooh... park young run away from his writing job to be a boyband member? Lols. Nam Da Reum, the next oppa! He becomes so handsome each time I see him in new drama. :laugh: makes my heart flutters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I could watch the kissing scene over and over again and still get goosebumps. Honestly, that kiss was soooo darn good! :heart:

I wonder if female deity considers MM to be “hers”. I noticed too that she keeps emphasizing that the plant in the pot is hers but everything else isn’t. I wonder if she created MM. 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

15 hours ago, Mouse said:

I could watch the kissing scene over and over again and still get goosebumps. Honestly, that kiss was soooo darn good! :heart:

I wonder if female deity considers MM to be “hers”. I noticed too that she keeps emphasizing that the plant in the pot is hers but everything else isn’t. I wonder if she created MM. 

They made it so eaderingly memerizing, but the ending is too cruel. Who get him to disappear?? The female deity???

I thought MM disobey her orders and it makes her quite sarcastic. Also she tries every possible way to make DK gets her destiny to be ill. Last time she tries to take off her bracelet if MM didnt show up to stop her. I still dont get what is her plan. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
30 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

They made it so eaderingly memerizing, but the ending is too cruel. Who get him to disappear?? The female deity???

I thought MM disobey her orders and it makes her quite sarcastic. Also she tries every possible way to make DK gets her destiny to be ill. Last time she tries to take off her bracelet if MM didnt show up to stop her. I still dont get what is her plan. 

Female Deity doesn’t seem too happy about MM and TSG being together but I don’t really know why. Is it because she considers MM to be hers? Is it because she doesn’t want TSG to wish for the world’s doom since they cease to exist of humans don’t exist? 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Female Deity doesn’t seem too happy about MM and TSG being together but I don’t really know why. Is it because she considers MM to be hers? Is it because she doesn’t want TSG to wish for the world’s doom since they cease to exist of humans don’t exist? 

I do looking for answer to these. Hahaha. It's still so vague and ambigous. 

• Like 4

Finally thanks to this new lockdown in my city, I've been forced to stay home and have now caught up with Doom at Your Service :laugh:

Episodes 4-6

- I'm going to have to admit I was actually very confused why TDK was trying to love MM. Like really, really confused. I rarely get this way when following drama plots, but I guess it's been awhile since I watched a fantasy drama and one that has angsty love contract at the centre of it. And also this whole idea is rather abstract? Like the contract has been pretty vague and I sometimes felt a little confused about the personification of doom and both their intentions :thinking:

- So it's been explained to me as: TDK is trying to love MM so that she has a loophole out since MM said he would doom the person she loved most. if she broke her contract agreement of dooming the world. MM is trying to get TDK to love him so much that she is willing to fulfil her wish of dooming the world...Have I got it right? :idk:

- MM spends a lot of time pushing TDK away and sometimes being downright horrible to prove he's not loveable ...I mean every time he jokes about whether he should kill her brother it does make you want to punch him…. though it's clear that he won't because he's charmed by her fighting spirit and her strange way of reacting to things that differ from the average and somewhat selfish ways that a lot of humans tend to behave :MewHi:

- MM is a lot of fun for a character though - I love that way he reacted with the church lady who kept telling him that Doom was coming and he needed to join the church to get on well in the next life....The way he told her that there was no next life was just so doom-like. 

- There's something beautiful and sad about personifying Doom. I really liked that scene at the end of Ep 5 where they go and watch the last of a tradition that will fade and be forgotten and talk about how things that are doomed to disappear are often the most beautiful. It's such a poignant reflection :heart:

-I also enjoy all MM's interactions with TDK's younger brother. Every time they greet each other with "Hi Brother-in-law" I laugh so much! :laugh:

-Speaking of TDK's brother, at first I was so annoyed at his jerkiness and the way he used his sister. But then I found him to be quite sweet when he got so upset about her terminal illness that he was dazed and crying in public about her condition...and he decides to get a job to support her :letalQQ:

-Loving all the cameos in this series - Han Yeri and Nam Da Reum? Even though NDR's character was such a bratty kid! :heart:

- Hehe, this drama is the kind of romance that really find ways to make the two leads stare into each other's eyes or have the guy catch the girl when she's falling - all the cliche-y romantic things. Sometimes it can make me cringe when it's too contrived like when MM caught TDK in the supermarket awkwardly when there was no reason for the fall/ push....but most of the romantic scenes have been quite sweet...like every time MM comes out of nowhere to hold her hand...or when he transports her to the beach and cups her face or when he dazes TDK to almost kiss him and he breaks into a grin :wow:

-Speaking of romance, can't believe they already had a kiss at Episode 6!!! Aaaand a pretty good kiss at that...not the annoying freeze kiss but a proper rain-soaked, chemistry-filled full on kiss. I think PBY and SIG have really good chemistry, so it was already perfect for an early kiss. SIG looks like quite a good kisser :smug: Should I adopt him as an Oppa? He's also just plain charming !

LQxnjTo.gif

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL Yes! The way they stare at each other is (and that KISS!!) is so mesmerizing. :wow:

And yes, as per their contract, he will help her not feel any pain until she dies and he will grant her one wish as long as she "dooms" the world. But if she breaks the contract, the person she loves the most will have to die. So she plans on loving MM so that should she decide to break the contract, MM is the one who dies instead of her brother.

I think MM agrees to it because it either way, he gets what he wants which is to cease to exist. Which is why he also wants her to love him. 

One of the scenes I really loved was the one where he shows her his world and as he quietly walks through this beautiful path of flowers, they wilt and die. She then realizes that since he represents all things sad and unpleasant, he is lonely. And then when she walks toward him, the flowers come back to life. I thought that was such a powerful scene. It's as if she brings him back to life so to speak. 

I personally can't wait to see how the rest of it unfolds.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

@JenL Is this your first Seo In Guk's drama? In Guk is a superb on-screen kisser (since Reply 1997). Yes, please adopt him. xP xDDD And if you fell for him then check him out in Shopping King Louis and King of High School Savvy.

Mouse has responded to your query so I don't have to repeat. Hehe.

I agree with the bit about staring at each other for too long and the catching (more staring), particularly the supermarket scene. Other than that I am ok and equally, I also loved the conversation they shared while watching the tradition cease to exist. I just love it that Dong Kyung is seeing the real Myul Mang as she interacts with him each time and the things she says/does makes Myul Mang cares more and more about her.

Indeed Bo Young and In Guk have very good chemistry since the beginning which is what is really driving this drama.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
27 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@JenL Yes! The way they stare at each other is (and that KISS!!) is so mesmerizing. :wow:

Hahaha had to admit to a rewatch because it was that good :eeeee:

28 minutes ago, Mouse said:

And yes, as per their contract, he will help her not feel any pain until she dies and he will grant her one wish as long as she "dooms" the world. But if she breaks the contract, the person she loves the most will have to die. So she plans on loving MM so that should she decide to break the contract, MM is the one who dies instead of her brother.

I think MM agrees to it because it either way, he gets what he wants which is to cease to exist. Which is why he also wants her to love him. 

Thanks for explaining! I really appreciate it...haha, I feel silly for not getting it for so long -  I was like...why does TDK have to love him and why is she not making him like her?  :thinking: But now I totally see how she thought of a loophole to challenge him on... :MewHi:

31 minutes ago, Mouse said:

One of the scenes I really loved was the one where he shows her his world and as he quietly walks through this beautiful path of flowers, they wilt and die. She then realizes that since he represents all things sad and unpleasant, he is lonely. And then when she walks toward him, the flowers come back to life. I thought that was such a powerful scene. It's as if she brings him back to life so to speak. 

Yes! I love this scene too :heart: I feel like this sort of realisation about his loneliness was much better than that supermarket fall scene. Also it was just so aesthetically pleasing to look at. 

Gif credits: Melody_starB (for this one and kissing one above)

otiaRQj.gif

28 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Is this your first Seo In Guk's drama? In Guk is a superb on-screen kisser (since Reply 1997). Yes, please adopt him. xP xDDD And if you fell for him then check him out in Shopping King Louis and King of High School Savvy.

Yep, this is the first time watching SIG! I don't think I've seen any of his past projects. I was so keen to watch Shopping King Louie before DDSSLLS ended...but then I was so mad at the writers when it did end that I was like, I will boycott their works (though it's not like it changes anything. LOL) :idk:

But I may go back and watch since enough time has passed that I don't even feel that rage anymore.

Was also planning to watch all the Reply series since I never thought about watching them in the past

32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I agree with the bit about staring at each other for too long and the catching (more staring), particularly the supermarket scene. Other than that I am ok and equally, I also loved the conversation they shared while watching the tradition cease to exist. I just love it that Dong Kyung is seeing the real Myul Mang as she interacts with him each time and the things she says/does makes Myul Mang cares more and more about her.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! :heiboi: But you're right, what I do love is the way that that TDK and MM see each other for who the other really is. They understand the secret pains and loneliness that the other suffers and wants to care for the other so much. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I just love it that Dong Kyung is seeing the real Myul Mang as she interacts with him each time and the things she says/does makes Myul Mang cares more and more about her.

Indeed Bo Young and In Guk have very good chemistry since the beginning which is what is really driving this drama.

Yes, I thought too that it was so interesting that only Dong Kyung sees the real Myul Mang - both in a literal sense and figuratively. I love that regardless of what MM tells her or shows her, she's still able to really see through him. He presents himself to her as someone who is not nice, someone who is typically hated, someone who is cold and uncaring. And yet she sees him as someone who is nice, who cares despite what he says and that he feels lonely. I think this is why MM is attracted to her - it's because she's genuinely interested in getting to know him and she's quick to see through the facade.

That is why for me, the way she looks at him - really looking at him, is so poignant. It's because she's truly trying to see him and not just look at him. And MM too, he's also trying to figure her out and figure out his feelings for her.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

22 hours ago, JenL said:

Yep, this is the first time watching SIG! I don't think I've seen any of his past projects. I was so keen to watch Shopping King Louie before DDSSLLS ended...but then I was so mad at the writers when it did end that I was like, I will boycott their works (though it's not like it changes anything. LOL). But I may go back and watch since enough time has passed that I don't even feel that rage anymore.

Was also planning to watch all the Reply series since I never thought about watching them in the past.

Hahahahaha well, Shopping King Louis was written before the writer decided to smoke crack. So I can guarantee you wouldn't get a heartbreak from this one. As for Reply series, my personal best/fave is R88. Love the friendships/family-ships in R88. However, without the success of R97 + Seo In Guk, there's no Reply series.

• Haha 2

Seo In Guk Is Ice-Cold In Front Of Jung Ji So In “Doom At Your Service”

E2n0F6_VcAc-FUS?format=jpg&name=large  E2n0F6-VUAABKj1?format=jpg&name=large

Seo In Guk and Jung Ji So will be confronting each other in the next episode of tvN’s “Doom at Your Service.”

The fantasy romance drama is about a character named Myul Mang (Seo In Guk), who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman named Tak Dong Kyung (Park Bo Young), who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate. After going through life without any grand goals, Tak Dong Kyung suddenly receives the diagnosis that she only has 100 days to live. She calls for doom (myulmang) of the entire world, but instead is found by Myul Mang.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Myul Mang kissed Tak Dong Kyung and displayed the feelings he had been holding back. But at that moment, Sonyeoshin (Jung Ji So) narrated that she was going to reset Myul Mang, whom she created, and Myul Mang suddenly disappeared.

New stills of the upcoming episode show Myul Mang and Sonyeoshin together. Myul Mang stares at her with an icy expression of rage and loneliness. On the other hand, Sonyeoshin has a soft smile on her face as she looks back at him meaningfully.

E2n0F6_VgAQqVDT?format=jpg&name=large

She hands him a bundle of yellow tulips, which means “unrequited love” in the language of flowers. This gesture of Sonyeoshin’s may be her way of telling him to stop dreaming of loving Tak Dong Kyung, who is human. Myul Mang appears to be deep in thought, seeming to know the significance of the yellow tulips. What could Sonyeoshin be thinking, and what will happen to the relationship between Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang, who have just confirmed their feelings for each other?

The drama’s production team revealed, “Another layer of sadness will be added to the romance between the human Tak Dong Kyung and the otherworldly being Myul Mang. Please anticipate the upcoming broadcast and see what kind of role Sonyeoshin will play in Tak Dong Kyung and Myul Mang’s relationship.”

source: Soompi

• Like 1
  • Sad 1