[K-Artist] Jung Kyung Ho 정경호

FILMOGRAPHY

📺 TV SHOWS

What I am currently watching...a Korean Crime-Thriller

• Spoiler

• Hospital Playlist (tvN, 2020)
    • Crash Landing on You (tvN, 2019) cameo
    • When the Devil Calls Your Name (tvN, 2019)
    • Touch Your Heart (tvN, 2019) cameo
    • Tale of Fairy (tvN, 2018)
    • Life on Mars (OCN, 2018)
    • Prison Playbook (tvN, 2017)
    • Missing 9 (MBC, 2017)
    • One More Happy Ending (MBC, 2016)
    • Because It's The First Time (OnStyle, 2015) cameo
    • Falling for Innocence (JTBC, 2015)
    • Drama Festival 2014 - House Mate (MBC, 2014)
    • Endless Love (SBS, 2014)
    • Drama Festival Lee Sang That Lee Sang (MBC, 2013)
    • After School Bokbulbok (NATE/Btv/Tstore/Hoppin, 2013) cameo
    • Heartless City (JTBC, 2013)
    • MBC Sunday Drama Theater Housewife Kim Kwang Ja's Third Activities (MBC, 2010)
    • Drama Special The Great Gye Choon Bin (KBS2, 2010)
    • Road Number One (MBC, 2010) cameo
    • Smile, You (SBS, 2009)
    • Ja Myung Go (SBS, 2009)
    • Time Between Dog and Wolf (MBC, 2007)
    • My Sweetheart My Darling (KBS1, 2005)
    • Drama City Blue Skies of Jeju Island (KBS2, 2004)
    • Sorry I Love You (KBS2, 2004)
    • Sweet 18 (KBS2, 2004)
    • You're Gonna Know (KBS, 2004)

📽️ MOVIES

• Spoiler

• Manhole (2014)
    • Fasten Your Seatbelt (2013)
    • Runaway Turtle (2009)
    • Sunny (2008)
    • The Moonlight of Seoul (2008)
    • For Eternal Hearts (2007)
    • Herb (2007)
    • Gangster High (2006)
    • When Romance Meets Destiny / Kwangsik's Brother Kwangtae (2005)
    • My Lovely Week (2005) 

🧩VARIETY SHOWS

• Spoiler

• Radio Star (Mbc, 2013)
    • SNL Korea (tvN,2013)    
    • Life Talk Show (tvN, 2013)

🎧 MUSIC VIDEOS

• Spoiler

• 2006       "Confession"  4Men
    • 2008       "Doll + A Man's Love"     Zia "Violin + Miss You"
    • 2015       "Wind Breeze"   Outsider feat. Lee Eun-mi

• Like 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

DISCOGRAPHY

• Spoiler

• Me to You, You to Me with Mido and Parasol - Hospital Playlist OST (2020)
    • Oh! What a Shiny Night with Mido and Parasol - Hospital Playlist OST (2020)
    • The Street You Left (Live Ver.) with Sondia - When the Devil Calls Your Name OST (2019)
    • Where is Your Dream - When the Devil Calls Your Name OST (2019)
    • When I am In Busan - When the Devil Calls Your Name OST (2019)
    • The Street You Left with Choi Woo Hyuk - When the Devil Calls Your Name OST (2019)

RECOGNITION/NOMINATIONS

Spoiler

Year

Award

Category

Nominated work

Result

KBS Drama Awards

Best New Actor

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Nominated

43rd Grand Bell Awards

All for Love

Nominated

15th Chunsa Film Art Awards

Herb

Won

6th Korean Film Awards

Nominated

4th Premiere Rising Star Awards

Sunny

Won

29th Blue Dragon Film Awards

Best Supporting Actor

Nominated

46th Grand Bell Awards

Nominated

4th Andre Kim Best Star Awards

Male Star Award

N/A

Won

SBS Drama Awards

Excellence Award, Actor in a Special Planning Drama

Smile, You

Nominated

Producer's Award

Smile, You, Ja Myung Go

Won

DramaFever Awards

Best Bad Boy

Heartless City

Won

34th Golden Cinema Festival

Best New Actor

Fasten Your Seatbelt

Won

SBS Drama Awards

Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama

Endless Love

Nominated

2016 MBC Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries

One More Happy Ending

Nominated

MBC Drama Awards

Best Character Award, Comic Character

Missing 9

Won

6th APAN Star Awards

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries

Life on Mars

Nominated

12th Korea Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Actor

When the Devil Calls Your Name

Nominated

• Like 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Recent HP specials with subs

His new ad

oooo he's signed on for a new movie...playing a surgeon no less 😄

https://www.kdramapal.com/ma-dong-seok-jung-kyung-ho-oh-na-ra-oh-yeon-seo-headline-new-film-apgujeong-report/

Teaming up with Ma is Jung Kyung-ho, who will suit up as Ji-woo, a talented plastic surgeon. His unparalleled skills in maneuvering the knife are considered the best in the entire district where his clinic is located. Though relatively better known for his roles in television dramas such as Prison Playbook (2017) and Hospital Playlist (2020), Jung also left viewers in awe of his performances in the movies Manhole (2014), Amor (2015), and Déjà Vu (2018).

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

There was a time....I camped in JKH's thread, followed his IG and updates etc. I liked him a lot during Life on Mars and watched nearly all his previous projects: movies, dramas, weekenders, variety shows...whatever have subs I try to watch, what doesn't have subs I watch too 🤣

I even sat through this movie where he had green-ish hair...hahaha.

FASTEN-YOUR-SEATBELT-pic-6a_3-thumb-860x

fullsizephoto351483.jpg

(ctto for pics)

Oh~~~ the memories 🤣😆😆😆

• Haha 3

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

heheheh @mademoisellesia I see you building more shrines next door 😄

But @katakwasabi  some of the looks that JKH had in his dramas were really not my taste....ahahah like this one in Missing Nine . Gold hair is just really not on

Spoiler

fullsizephoto793229.jpg

@bluepebbles ahaha I thought that they were getting married when they posted this

Spoiler

So JKH will feature in Cosmopolitan Korea's 20th Anniversary Special with a host of other celebrities

Spoiler

tagging @im0202

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM

Spoiler

Bahaha yes, I thought long & hard whether I should coz fans of both are like Cats & Dogs, I'll probably be disowned or hated by the stans 😅 🤪 But I really like them as actors! And I want their thread to look pretty & presentable, and most importantly, neat. HAHAHA. I should change my username to "OCD" 🤣

This is so inappropriate, I come to JKH's shrine talking about someone else. Mianhe, Kyung Ho-ya. I'll try to bring your real fan over when the forum opens, ya?

I'm with you about the hair colours. I'm too used to seeing him in black. Also, he's so different to how he plays on TV. I read that he's very affectionate (too much for that matter..?) and loves Chanyeol lol lol.

• Haha 2

OMG that hair! I am shocked! He seems to really change up his image and style for his projects really often.

4 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I'm with you about the hair colours. I'm too used to seeing him in black. Also, he's so different to how he plays on TV. I read that he's very affectionate (too much for that matter..?) and loves Chanyeol lol lol.

He is so different from all the HP clips and the special performance! All that gifs of him getting more stressed as the performance started! I would share them here but I can't find them now and I think I shall not mare his shrine with that side of him. Haha!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@bluepebbles both looks good ! Love the 2nd photo  :wow:

He appeared in TV Chosun’s variety program . Don’t know the name . Some food show . But his dad & “stepmum” also appeared 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Some cuts translated

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Heart Eyes 1

ᒍᑌᑎG KYᑌᑎG ᕼO

10aѕιa ιnтervιew

A throwback interview of Kyungho made in 2010, when he landed his first leading role in the drama 'Smile You'. 

10: It has been quite a while since we saw you in SBS TV series “Smile, You.”

Jung Kyung Ho (Jung): I had very little time to rest before I started working on “Smile, You.” I had consecutively shot films “Sunny”, “Running Turtle” and SBS TV dramas “Princess Ja Myung Go” and “Smile, You.” And I was pretty exhausted so I took a little break this time. I went to Jeju island where my father is filming [Jung’s father is legendary television producer Jung Eul Young who is currently shooting SBS TV series “Beautiful Life”] and took a short trip to Japan. It wasn’t really a long break, only about two months, but I feel like it’s the first time I took that much time off.

10: But after the break, you made an unexpected choice to appear in KBS’ “Drama Special.” I thought you would choose a drama that would increase the popularity you gained from “Smile, You.”

Jung: I have never thought that I wanted to be a more popular star, not even once. I don’t choose my work to make myself look cool. What is important is whether it has a good story, a good director or who my co-stars are. In the case of “The Great Gye Choon Bin,” which I just started filming, I chose to do it because my close friend [actress] Jung Yoo-mi is in it, it has an interesting story and I have known the show’s executive director Ham Young-hoon since I was young. The show has situations that are a bit unpredictable and funny. I think the drama will be jolly overall.

10: What is your character like? I heard you play an art therapist who is afraid of the dark.

Jung: There are no so-called normal people in “The Great Gye Choon Bin.” Everyone has his own pain, relies on others and wants to heal their wounds. My character Wang Gi-nam treats other people with art but he is really the one who should be treated and he doesn’t even know that himself. Then he meets a plain girl named Gye Choon Bin (played by Jung Yoo-mi), gets healed and learns how to make it through the darkness and to love.

10: In other words, he grows up in the story. You often play people who gradually mature — like your characters in the films “Herb,” “My Love Week” and in “Smile, You.”

Jung: I think all the characters end up growing up inside the story. Just like my character in “Smile, You” became a man when he met Jung-in (played by Lee Min-jung). I was able to show that process because I was lucky in getting to work with good directors.

10: Do you tend to be more attracted to such characters?

Jung: I think it would be boring if the character stays too consistent throughout the story. When something happens, he will go through some psychological changes relating to the incident and he will face the next incident through those changes. The process will definitely not be the same. And I enjoy those changes that occur in the process.

10: In that sense, it was a bit unexpected that you chose to play an expressionless fugitive in the film “Running Turtle.”

Jung: I had a pretty tough time shooting “Running Turtle.” My character was actually a very difficult one to play. I mean, if I had met a real fugitive in life I would know how to play one. (laugh) I tried to make my character talk less and cover his face up even more but I don’t know which would have been better. But I got to meet [Korean actor] Kim Yoon-suk in that film, so I was able to learn a lot and grow as an actor.

10: You talked about working with senior actors and it seems you often work with people who have acted for a particularly long time. Like Choi Bul-am and Chun Ho-jin in “Smile, You.”

Jung: Actor Kang Suk-woo even came to my first birthday party. So I really have to work hard. (laugh) I grew up watching these veteran actors since I was young and it is truly an honor that I get to work with them. Plus, the atmosphere on set was really fun. Actor Chun Ho-jin, who played my father in the show, guided me so that I could act naturally. I am truly grateful to him.

10: Perhaps that kind of atmosphere helped you portray your character Hyun-soo in “Smile, You” more naturally.

Jung: I try to keep it as natural as possible. I hung around and talked a lot with director Lee Tae-gon before the shooting and he wanted me to act like I wasn’t acting. He told me to just be myself. Being comfortable on set, even I could see that I was acting comfortably. I try to make the acting natural in all my acting projects like it was in “Smile, You.”

10: But there must have been some roles that are hard to make seem natural.

Jung: It was really hard to do that in the role of Choi Yoon in KBS TV series “I’m Sorry, I Love You.” And you know, there are characters who have jobs that are not easy to make seem natural. Like the national intelligence service agent in MBC TV series “Time Between Dog And Wolf” and the fugitive in “Running Turtle.” But getting into such characters is also what makes this job appealing. If I prepare and make my character solid before the shooting, the drama comes out great. I try to work hard in that respect.

10: You mean becoming another person is appealing to you?

Jung: Of course, any role I play is done by me Jung Kyung Ho and so it can’t go outside of myself. I still lack in a lot of things and it is hard to live a completely different life like some famous Hollywood actors. But I think it is important to show myself comfortably and naturally within what I can do best as a twenty-eight-year-old actor.

10: Do you want to keep doing something you’re good at or do you want to start showing some changes little by little?

2010063015201021427_1.jpg

Right now, I just want to work on a good story with a good director and cast.

That’s what I enjoy.

10: Since you use the word ‘good’ a lot, what do you think that is? For example, what exactly is a good director in an actor’s point of view?

Jung: It’s hard to explain. It goes the same for actors as well. It is hard to define a good actor. A senior actor who is a good actor may not be a good person. And even if he is a good person, I don’t think you can call him a good actor unless the viewers appreciate him. Basically, I think that in order to be called a good actor or a good director, you have to be a good person, more than anything. You can’t really call someone a good person or actor if they give people around them a hard time. Luckily, the people that I have met so far were all good actors and directors.

10: There is a difference between working hard and doing it well.

Jung: Oh, it’s different. That is why I feel a lot more responsibility, like how much love I can receive with this production. For instance, there will be a time when I won’t be hired for a job I want if my current project doesn’t do well. That is why you have to be responsible in everything you do.

10: So, as an actor what do you think is good acting?

Jung: Just being natural. My biggest concerns are not to show off or swagger.

10: There are some actors who are competitive with their co-stars but you don’t seem like the type.

Jung: I can’t do that because I’m sort of timid. If they are mad, I try to cheer them up. (laugh) When I was shooting “Time Between Dog and Wolf,” director Kim Jin-min was worried that actor Lee Jun-ki and I would be competing to see who the better actor is. He was worried that it might make things uncomfortable luckily, he said we both looked pretty comfortable. (laugh)

10: Are you the type to just melt in with the background?

Jung: I think I’m the type of person who likes to be with others. I also like drinking. (laugh) When you spend time with someone for eight months it’s inevitable that you become close like a family. When you’re shooting a drama, it may be hard to form a relationship with the tight schedule but eventually as time goes by you become close. Five years ago I shot KBS’ “My Sweetheart, My Darling” for about a year, and I still meet and keep in touch with veteran actor Lee Soon-jae and the rest of the crew.

10: The reason I asked that question is, how do you further your acting skills outside of work?

Jung: I would like to study more in any I can. I don’t think I have ever studied for acting. I want to and need to read more books and also travel a lot. Up until now, I kept on working and learned a lot from the work, but I feel that I have more to learn outside of that. Actress Bae Jong-ok who was in the movie “Herb” with me, she reads many books and studies a lot. I don’t know anyone who knows as much as her and she doesn’t even show off about it. I envy that.

10: You don’t want to become a star and you aren’t motivated by your father’s influence. What is the biggest motivation for you as an actor?

Jung: It’s always more fun to watch people who have pain or have failed. Through acting I want to live out their lives and feel their emotions. What would I do if it were me. I like approaching characters like that and expressing their lives.

source

• Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 2 weeks later...

Teaser for his new film, Daemuga

PSW & JKH 's third project!!

Synopis is this article

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-jung-kyung-ho-and-park-sung-woong-confirmed-for-daemuga-sorrow-and-joy-132788.html

Following their acclaimed chemistry on "Life on Mars" and the currently airing "When the Devil Calls Your Name" Jung Kyung-ho and Park Sung-woong have signed up for a third project - the recently announced feature film "Daemuga: Sorrow and Joy".

"Daemuga: Sorrow and Joy" is a feature length version of a forty minute short film from director Lee Han-jong, who in addition to writing and directing the web drama "My Old Friend" has long been a presence on the short film festival circuit. "Daemuga: Sorrow and Joy" will be his feature film debut.

The original version of "Daemuga: Sorrow and Joy" premiered at the Chungmuro International Musical Film Festival in 2018. The story concerns a young unemployed man who becomes enmeshed in the musical cultural tradition of shamanism, the film's literal title being Great-Shaman-Singer written in Chinese.

It is currently unknown which parts Jung Kyung-ho and Park Sung-woong will play. However, going by their past work together it seems likely that Jung Kyung-ho will play the aloof well-meaning young man and Park Sung-woong will play some sort of vaguely sinister mentor figure.

• Like 1

53487776975e2416c0c927eb46b67737.jpg

𝕁𝕦𝕟𝕘 𝕂𝕪𝕦𝕟𝕘-𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕓𝕣𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕥

Following the drama <Wise Prison Life>, he continued to run with <Life on Mars>, and immediately chose his next work <When the Devil Calls Your Name>. A brilliant afternoon of actor Jung Kyung-ho, who is having the most beautiful time of his life.

Snippets

• From the time he met actor Park Sung Woon, they used to play with each other while playing with words. He claims that many people think that Sungwoong is a very strong and manly person, but it's actually the opposite. "He is very talkative, generous and pleasant. Like a warm uncle, a local brother. So I always feel comfortable while filming."
  • Jung Kyung Ho credited director Min Jin Ki as the deciding factor behind his choice to join the cast of the show. According to him, he trusted Min after watching his previous works which include Circle: Two Worlds Connected.
  • Moreover, the interesting character of Ha Lip drew the actor to the drama especially since he has yet to play such character. He added that he wants to try different types of work to find what he does best and learn more about himself.
  • He has watched “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “A Star Is Born” multiple times to prepare for his role in new drama series “When the Devil Calls Your Name".  He is preparing for his role as a top songwriter in the show and watched the music films to gain better understanding.
  • He decided to join the show that borrows an idea from Goethe’s “Faust” as he gained trust in director Min Jin-ki after watching his previous works.
  • Jung, who appeared in “Prison Playbook” and “Life on Mars” in 2018, added he has not yet found what he does best and decided to try different types of work to learn about himself.
  • He mentioned about his father , PD Jung Eul-young who gave pieces advice to him on acting. The more he loves his job and the more he feels that he need to do it better, the more he cherishes / respects his dad for his works.
  • His favorite hobbies apart from watching movies include hiking. He likes to walk his two dogs Hoyoung and Aebong
  • After Life of Mars, he went to a pilgrimage trip in Santiago with his father. 

I like to walk. I used to talk with my father about the Santiago pilgrimage route. I also wanted to go there once, because everyone counted it as a bucket list. When I wasn't sure, I tried to walk all the roads of about 800 km. It was an empty dream. I couldn't lose time for a month. There was a 17-day course. It was a package for middle and old people (laughs).

source

some of the translations lifted from 1 | 2

• Like 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 3 weeks later...

Jung Kyung-ho, Park Sung-woong's film 'Daemuga' to premiere at BIFF

optimize
"Daemuga," starring Jung Kyung-ho, left, and Park Sung-woong, will premiere on Oct. 22 at this year's Busan International Film Festival. Courtesy of Cookie Pictures

By Lee Gyu-lee

The multi-genre film "Daemuga," starring Jung Kyung-ho and Park Sung-woong, will have its world premiere at the 25th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF), which will run from Oct. 21 to 30. 

Cookie Pictures said Thursday the film has been invited to this year's festival in the Open Cinema section. 

"The film will be screened at the BIFF's outdoor cinema on Oct. 22 and will hit local theaters after that," the production company said. 

"Daemuga," a mixed genre of comedy, thriller and drama, is about three shamans ― Seung-joon (Park), Chung-dam (Yang Hyun-min) and Shin-nam (Ryu Gyeong-soo) ― competing to perform an exorcism. 

The competition takes a bizarre turn after encountering an event. Jung plays the villain Ik-soo, who is head of a mob. 

This will be the feature film debut for director Lee Han-jong. His previous short film "Blues with Me" was invited to several local and international festivals, including the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival in 2016. 

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp?newsIdx=297273

@_aiz29 come come spazz with me here. Any updates I have missed out? 

Article from Naver ( translated with Papago) Source

Jung Kyung-ho, Choi Soo-young, a boy who fell in love with Korea 

3eb6f55f-fdc5-42fe-87b0-d08471201286.jpg

Actor Jung Kyung-ho excited fans with his boyish appearance.

On the 14th, Jung Kyung-ho posted a photo on his Instagram with a message saying, "Let's go shush."

In the picture, Jung Kyung-ho is staring straight ahead with his hands raised in front of the wall shooting the projector beam.

A slightly disheveled natural hairstyle and moist eyes complete a languid atmosphere. The charming profile showed the standard of handsome men.

Fans responded to Jeong's appearance by saying, "The side view is art," "Handsome," and "Beauty is crazy."

Meanwhile, the movie "Daemuga: Han and Heung (directed by Lee Han-jong)," in which Jung Kyung-ho starred with Park Sung-woong, was officially invited to the opening cinema section of the 25th Busan International Film Festival, making its debut in front of the audience. "Daemuga: Han and Heung" tells an extraordinary story that "three shamans compete against each other to bring in God."

• Like 1