The Veil 검은 태양 [2021]

Darkarcana

I had heard from @abs-oluteMthat the ending of this drama was a satisfying one, so I was thinking of trying to watch it, especially since I can binge it now, if I want. Anyway, watched the first 2 episodes, and it was just as hard to watch the violence the second time around as the first time I tried to watch it. However, do you all recommend watching this drama?

One thing I will say, Namgoong Min looks SMOKING in this drama! I think he's a very good actor, but I wasn't a particular fan of his, though I really, really liked Chief Kim. However, in this drama, he seems to have all of his intensity but with an amazing body and a certain determined set to his jaw and look to his eyes that makes me feel a bit hot and bothered over him... I think I may be falling for Ji Hyeok. So, @abs-oluteMbetter not have meant that this has a satisfying ending where JH dies, even if it's a heroic sacrifice or something!

• Haha 3

Despite not having watched The Veil yet, I caught Moebius:The Veil these past two days, and am utterly glad I did. Gripping and tightly paced, it is textbook perfect with no wasted moment and stands perfectly well on its own without the need to reference the main drama. Against the backdrop of a world that is rife with betrayals and counter-betrayals where loyalty is not necessarily honoured and everyone is dispensable, the drama manages to flesh out the backstories and relationships sufficiently in 2 short episodes to make me care for SSY and CCW and root for their unique bond, and ache for WGP's fate as he remains steadfastly loyal to the end. There is barely room for pause as we are set hurtling to the showdown at the pier where a sliver of a lifeline is thrown, a choice is given and made, while the epilogue hints that the intangible bond that was built remains unbroken despite the separate paths in the darkness they have chosen. Am so thrilled to see PHS nailing such a strong role after loving her as Yoon Bowon in 3Days previously, and truly impressed by JMS who delivers every facet of Chang Chunwoo's desperate journey as he tries to reclaim his own life in a world where he is but a mere pawn. Bravo to the cast and crew for a well-made production and strong strong performances!

Having said all that, should I follow up and watch The Veil after this? Is the main drama just as well-crafted?

Edited by liddi
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

9 minutes ago, liddi said:

Having said all that, should I follow up and watch The Veil after this? Is the main drama just as well-crafted?

There are people who sing it praises after praises, saying it’s the best drama of the year. I am not one of them. I would say just give it a few episodes try, and do share your views here. I’d like to know if I missed something that made me unable to enjoy it fully. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

There are people who sing it praises after praises, saying it’s the best drama of the year. I am not one of them. I would say just give it a few episodes try, and do share your views here. I’d like to know if I missed something that made me unable to enjoy it fully. 

@ktcjdrama Oh dear... that does not sound promising. Will give it a try then, and see which side of the fence I fall, even if just to see a little more of the two characters I have come to care about and find out what happens to them in the end.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

4 hours ago, liddi said:

even if just to see a little more of the two characters I have come to care about and find out what happens to them in the end.

Oh dear, if you watch the main drama, best not to expect this 😇😅 (I feel a strong need to protect you 😂).

Yes please share with us your thoughts.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

@liddi I am glad I watched the 2-epiosde spin off. Its so good! :love:

The whole cast was excellent, really enjoyed it.

Right I am so hooked on SSY and CCW storyline despite just 2 short episodes.

As for The Veil itself please lower your expectations for these two characters.

I watched it for NGM.:heart:

Edited by Rina
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

@liddi I give you a slightly different view. I agree that The Veil was not perfect and definitely NOT  drama of the year ( especially if I were to compare with something similar like  Beyond Evil). At times it felt a little too convoluted.  But this is one really showcases Nam Goong Min's acting prowess. I think the weakness was in the middle episodes and I thought that it somewhat "redeemed' itself in the last 3 episodes. 

Since you and @Rina give good reviews for Moebius, I will go watch it then. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Chocolate @Rina @abs-oluteM I truly love the spinoff - so well delivered and emotionally resonant despite how short it is, leaving me wanting more. However, am getting a little apprehensive hearing everyone's advice to temper my expectations regarding the main drama itself so I have considered myself duly warned as I embarked on Ep1 :nervous: 

Was certainly not expecting the opening bloodbath on board the boat, which left me thinking for a moment that I had watched Voice by mistake. Still, after being overwhelmed by the initial sensory overload, I am slowly finding my bearings. So apparently, Ep1 begins 4 years after Moebius (2016), during which time OKS had gotten engaged to SSY (didn't see that coming since he was like an eager puppy around her in Moebius), and had been HJH's field partner for 3 years before he was killed. SSY is far colder here... which I currently attribute to her loss, and her confrontation of HJH reflects suspicion and resentment (still unclear whether deserved or otherwise), that his actions could have caused the deaths of his team whose safety she specifically asked him to prioritise. Dir. Kang is surprisingly protective of HJH, even to the extent of allowing himself to be stabbed in the palm for him. In this hotbed of intrigue that is the NIS, I do not know yet whether he is genuinely concerned for him, or has ulterior motives, but thus far, he appears trustworthy, remembering how he too had been protective of SSY in Moebius. HJH is running around with memories wiped clean, but someone has provided him his own video message warning of a traitor in the agency, which indicates there is at least one person he trusted with this incriminating intel. Is it a familiar face, or a new one? It remains to be seen.

As of Ep1, the foundations have been laid for an interesting premise. There is a pervading sense of isolation around HJH, both due to his missing memories as well as the wall of suspicion that surrounds him, which can feel rather claustrophobic. Am unsure yet who is friend or foe, but very surprised that the powers that be would saddle him with an apparent greenhorn agent, particularly since he is currently like a ticking timebomb. Definitely intrigued enough to continue watching for now, while waiting nervously to see if or when the execution does slip up for me.

Edited by liddi
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 1

@liddi The Veil main drama is still good especially NGM portrayal of JH. He deserves an acting award from MBC haha..

Just that SSY and CCW there are just side characters (very little screen time) unlike the spin off even though PHS is supposed to be one of the female leads.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Sad 1

Hope...

Sometimes that's all you have when you have nothing else.

33 minutes ago, Rina said:

Just that SSY and CCW there are just side characters (very little screen time) unlike the spin off even though PHS is supposed to be one of the female leads.

Noooooo! I wanted to see @liddi's reaction as she watched 😭😆

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The Veil” Director Praises Namgoong Min’s Performance And Talks About The Possibility Of Season 2

Oct 30, 2021 by C. Hong

Director Kim Sung Yong recently sat down for an interview to talk about his blockbuster MBC drama “The Veil.”

“The Veil” starred Namgoong Min as Han Ji Hyuk, an elite field agent who was known as a legend at the National Intelligence Service (NIS). Just when he seemed to have finally succeeded in driving an organized crime syndicate into a corner, Han Ji Hyuk lost his memories in a horrific accident that left all his teammates dead. After going missing for a year, he makes a bold return to the organization to find the traitor who attempted to kill his entire team.

“The Veil” garnered a lot of attention before its premiere due to its high budget, lead actor Namgoong Min’s physical transformation, and the fact that it was MBC’s first drama to air in a Friday-Saturday time slot.

Director Kim Sung Yong said, “It would be a lie to say that I didn’t feel the pressure. But it also felt like I had a lot of people supporting me from behind. I had a lot of confidence in the project. Writer Park Suk Ho wrote such a detailed and strong script that I had the happy task of figuring out how to bring this story to life on the screen. I am grateful to the production crew, as well the cast, who figured it out with me along the way.”

About Namgoong Min, he said, “He’s an actor who infused me with the feeling of ‘trust’ at every moment. It’s impossible to imagine Han Ji Hyuk without Namgoong Min. His walk, his words, his breath, his gaze, Namgoong Min completely embodied Han Ji Hyuk. I watched how much work Namgoong Min put in to become Han Ji Hyuk, and his passion and immersion fired me up as well. If I asked him for his opinion on set, he would always share ideas with me that were deeper than I had expected. There’s no one who could have been better than him. He is the best partner I could have had and the root and stem of ‘The Veil.'”

Park Ha Sun and Kim Ji Eun also left strong impressions with their characters in “The Veil.” The director said, “I think that I might have used up all the luck I had in my life to get such a great cast in one place. Park Ha Sun readily agreed to play a new type of character and try things that she’d never done before, which contributed great flow to the story. I only regret that I wasn’t able to capture more of her character Seo Soo Yeon in the main story. I hope that the spin-off, ‘Mobius,’ will satisfy the viewers’ curiosity about this character.”

He continued, “Kim Ji Eun’s character, Yoo Je Yi, is also very interesting. She becomes an agent not out of patriotism but because she wants to find out the truth behind her father’s disappearance. But as she undergoes various trials and learns about her father’s death, she becomes a true agent. There were a lot of difficult scenes, and there were issues with COVID-19, but I’m grateful to her for always coming to set with a bright smile. She’s an actor whom I’m really looking forward to seeing in future.”

Regarding the possibility for a second season, Kim Sung Yong said, “It took me this long to thank the steady interest and love shown for ‘The Veil’ by viewers. Even though our drama wasn’t always easy to understand, what with the plot twists every episode and the complicated character relationships, they stuck with the drama until the end and found entertainment and room for deduction in this complicated story. I want to thank these viewers once again. Personally, I have hopes for a second season that could broaden the world of ‘The Veil,’ born from our experience and know-how with the production.”

Source

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

@abs-oluteM I finished Moebius. It's worth the watch for Seo Soo Yeon and Jang Chun Woo's story. We get to see Oh Kyung Seok too, and how he helped SSY before he joined Han Ji Hyuk's team. However, don't expect any connection with main drama. This really is just a spin-off. I still have minor rants about the way SSY is written, but no big deal. I can't help but still lament the what-if's for the main drama. It has potential and could've been a good drama maybe if done with a slightly different way of story-telling.  

• Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Up to Ep3, and thus far, the plot is taut and hard hitting, with more and more added on to the wall of potential moles. It is disquieting to learn that one of his now-dead teammates might have leaked intel regarding their safehouse, particularly since both of them died. If so, why did the mole end up dead? Was he silenced by those he sold out to, or killed by those he betrayed? Not enough is known yet of any of them to know who it might have been, though I am hard pressed to believe it could have been OKS, especially coming from Moebius and knowing what he was like 3 years prior. Even so, I will try to reserve judgment until more is revealed, since almost everyone in the agency, including our greenhorn rookie, seems to have an ulterior motive, be it for good or otherwise. 2 eps later, we are still no closer to knowing who handed HJH the USB drive warning him of the mole in the agency. Hopefully we'll know more in the next 2 eps.

I know I was forewarned about SSY's lack of screentime. Even so, less than half an hour in 3.5 hours' worth of 3 episodes is pretty bizarre, considering it's already a quarter of the drama gone. Thus far, she has not done much except to continuously show vested interest in HJH's lost memories while clearly resenting him. "That memory isn't just yours." Are those the desperate words of a grieving fiancée, or is it more than that? Unless SSY changed markedly in her core from Moebius, I am still inclined to believe that she really does mourn OKS' loss, and is seeking answers to what went down that fateful day. I still don't quite understand the situation she is in within the Domestic Intelligence Bureau, nor what they are expecting from her. Knowing there are undercurrents of rivalry between Foreign Intelligence, Domestic Intelligence and Crime Information Centre, does Domestic Intelligence expect her to obtain/leak incriminating intel from her former team? 

It appears that Deputy Comm'r Do is up to her usual tricks again, being in possession of CCTV photo footage of what transpired in the hotel penthouse with the Huayang Gang. How and from whom did she get the footage? A shadowy puppetmaster Baek Mo Sa (was that him we caught a glimpse of entering the elevator as Hwang Mo Sool left?) is in the sidelines, pulling the strings, controlling even the loose cannon Hwang Mo Sool, so it is very likely the photos came from him. If so, is she colluding with Baek Mo Sa to further solidify her position within the NIS, or am I just overthinking it? Meanwhile, YJY's father appears to be an NIS agent who disappeared during a mission. Considering HJH himself too went AWOL, what is the real reason for her persistence to stay by HJH's side? Does she expect to find intel regarding her father's disappearance, or help from HJH to find him? Questions questions.

So far, the plot is keeping me engaged, with the exception of overly drawn out violence which do not seem to serve much purpose except to continuously remind us just how elite an agent HJH is. Regardless, will be continuing on, keeping fingers crossed that all the twists and turns will lead us to a coherent conclusion. Oh, and please give me more than 30mins of SSY in the next 3 episodes with her motivations better fleshed out, and for CCW to appear at last as well.

Edited by liddi
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Wait, what did I just watch? Is that it?! :shocked: Okay, looks like I need to backtrack, rewatch the last 3+ eps, and chart out a timeline while I'm at it :nervous: 

• Haha 3

5 mins into Ep7 and they're both dead?! :cry: With more than 5 eps left... seriously?? Did the production run out of budget after all the cars and locations they trashed? :shocked2: Will try to put my thoughts down sometime soon based on what I see so far, though some things don't add up, especially from what we've been told in Moebius. Maybe a good night's sleep will make it clearer... gah!

• Clapping Hands 3

Okay - twists and turns galore, and I'm still reeling from it all by the end of Ep7. Some thoughts... please excuse the long and rambling incoherence.

The list of NIS agents in China and North Korea exposed during Bloody Friday was leaked by Sangmuhoe during the Mar 3, 2015 meeting at Youngokgwan. Considering that only CCW, BMS and the North Korea Security Agency deputy chief were present at the time, I presume the list was brought by CCW. Did he avoid being exposed because he doctored the list by removing his own name prior to that? If he did, then why did he tip off JKS regarding the list and Sangmuhoe's part in it, unless it was because he had reported the leak to NIS, but the incident still happened anyway, which meant his intel was buried by either his handler or someone else, thus indicating a traitor in the organisation. That would explain why he went underground after that. My question is did he tell SSY about it? 

HJH disappeared before the Bloody Friday incident, and SSY applied the transfer to Domestic Intelligence 2 days before his disappearance. OKS and KDW died when HJH disappeared, so her transfer could not have been due to OKS' death. If so, what was it? While we still do not know specifically what she intended to reveal to the press, it is very likely the Bloody Friday incident, or at least some intel related to Sangmuhoe, which until shown otherwise, were the ones that ordered the hit on her. In that case, why was it necessary to shut down JKS' exposé in the first place. I wonder too if the argument she had with Dir Kang had to do with this intel, which the latter had been putting her off with excuses after excuses because of clandestine dealings that he has with them?

The other part I cannot understand is why the need for such an elaborate plan to frame JKS as a spy if CCW wanted to silence her so that he is not exposed as the informant. Actually, why even tip her off if he was afraid of being exposed, unless she later intended to reveal her sources during the exposé. Also, we know that CCW provided the doctored entry/exit records of JKS into North Korea but was it even necessary for him to do so when he could have easily just killed her off like he did her cousin? Since SSY was in the know about the doctored records, why was she colluding with him to frame JKS? I still cannot grasp the logic of this part of the narrative except as a plot device for HJH to find out about Sangmuhoe's involvement in the leak through JKS. 

A little more than halfway through the drama, and we are still not privy to the identity of the person that exposed HJH's team in Dandong. Were they targeted because they went directly up against Huayang Gang, and by extension BMS? Come to think of it, why were they conducting reconnaissance at Youngokgwan? Could it be that they were on BMS' trail, rather than CCW as I had initially assumed? From the looks of it, BMS and Sangmuhoe are now standing on opposing ends, seeing they killed Chung Pyung-il without any hesitation. What caused the fallout, when just a year before, they were working together to wipe out NIS agents in China and North Korea. We now are also almost certain that BMS is YJY's father, the NIS agent who went AWOL in North Korea. Was he too, abandoned by the agency, and is now wreaking payback against those who turned their backs on him? The other question is, unless I totally missed it, who had sent the undoctored CCTV footage of SSY's shooting to NIS, after YJY deleted the first one? 

Some things don't add up taking into consideration what we know from Moebius, which makes me wonder whether I'm missing something. Certainly, certain scenes from The Veil were reshot for Moebius and the context appears to be different as well. Of course, this could be deliberate since one is the interpretation of a 3rd party, while the other was depicting what actually transpired.

Spoiler

However, this does not explain CCW's status. CCW made the decision not to return to the fold and was ostentatiously killed by SSY during the retrieval of Moebius in Jul 2012. Yet, in The Veil, he was listed as an active black agent for Foreign Intelligence as late as Feb 2016, when he provided the China entry/exit records for JKS. Was the killing for the benefit of NIS, or the Samhwa gang which boat was in the vicinity, so that he could continue working undercover? Yet, if he planned to continue working undercover, why throw away the phone, which indicates a severance of ties with the NIS. Dep. Commr Do slyly alluded to his death and unrecovered body which seemed to indicate that as far as NIS was concerned, he had died. Notably though, there was no mention of CCW during Dir. Kang's briefing of the Moebius project to the higher-ups. Going by the events in The Veil, I presume that NIS treated him as a gang member killed in the Moebius project, while keeping him on as an agent.

The last of the mystery - no idea if it has any bearing on anything - who was SSY's mysterious lover at Vellani resort back in Jul 17, 2012 before she dated OKS? Is it mere coincidence that both she and CCW had the same picture of the resort? Yet, there are undercurrents between her and Dir Kang that hints at more than just a simple work relationship. Certainly all 3 men loved her. I don't know. Let's see if this is cleared up down the road.

I realise I come from the more unique viewpoint of someone who is privy to SSY and CCW's past connection in Moebius ahead of time. I imagine my reactions might be far different from if I had watched the main drama first, and only gotten to know them more via the spinoff later. Regardless, things being what it is, because I knew and cared for them from Moebius, I am probably biased in being unable to believe the worst of them even when things look damning. Still, the drama itself has left sufficient clues to allow that element of doubt even without the spinoff. Case in point being when SSY was revealed to have been the one who took LCG's call to the NIS emergency line and Section Chief CIL killed for digging into the same identity. It is hard to believe that someone who clearly cared deeply about the well-being of their colleagues as seen from her repeated requests to HJH to prioritise their safety, would cold-bloodedly plot their deaths. CCW is harder to read, since he had been undercover for so long and, as HJH pointed out, could have been absorbed by the persona that he had embodied. Still, despite his cold, clinical ways and unflinchingly brutal methods, the fact that he was JKS' informant and his violent reaction to SSY's fate hinted at someone who had not lost himself totally just yet. His own terrible end and the significance of his final words to BMS broke my heart, particularly when we realise from Moebius who the originator of those words was.

Gripes.

Am I supposed to believe that NIS with its obsession with secrecy, would have allowed Section Chief Choi's agency-issued laptop remain unretrieved 1 year after his death, thus allowing his son to hack into their system? Just as unrealistic is SSY's psychiatrist cousin revealing all her medical and personal details to HJH with utter disregard for doctor-patient confidentiality, and a mind-boggling trust in some random person who just waltzes into her clinic claiming to be SSY's colleague in the NIS. Next is HJH having crashed YJY's car while trying to save her from CCW, yet in the very next episode, the car is back in pristine condition. Love how SK replaces/fixes totaled cars at the drop of a hat. Also, much as I love the man, even with extreme suspension of belief, I cannot see how CCW managed to create the intricate LED QR code tattoo on his back all by himself. Oh, and YJY managing to spring the bedridden Chung Pyung-il all by herself from the hidden basement quarters of Daein hospital just boggles belief, when not too long ago, she could barely shoot straight and was easily trussed up in the boot of her own car. Next, the undoctored footage of SSY's shooting. YJY deleted the copy HJH sent to her. However, he still had the original with him, so what was stopping him from revealing it instead of going through 49 days cold turkey and waiting for some mysterious informant to send it to the NIS. Last but not least. Why does everyone persist in being cryptic in their words - even when there is no apparent reason for doing so. Then again, if everyone learnt to communicate properly, we would be left with 2 episodes instead of 12, and a full head of hair instead of most our hair gone by the end of the drama. And that simply won't do.

I presume this marks the end of SSY and CCW's screentime, unless we get further exposition in flashbacks. I see now what everyone has been trying to warn me about dialing down my expectations, so in that sense, I was not as thrown off by the abruptness of their exits, particularly SSY's. With 5 episodes left, I only hope that all unanswered questions will be addressed and resolved satisfactorily, without any loose ends. 

Edited by liddi
Bloody Friday incident revisited
  • Clapping Hands 4

👏🏻 Great observation @liddi I definitely learned a lot more about the plot from reading your post above 😆 Unfortunately I cannot help answer your questions 😅 except for an easy and obvious one ~ the person SSY dated before OKS will be revealed at the end. I don’t see how that has any significant bearing on the plot though...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

On 11/5/2021 at 12:59 AM, ktcjdrama said:

👏🏻 Great observation @liddi I definitely learned a lot more about the plot from reading your post above 😆 

Haha, me too!

On 11/4/2021 at 9:55 PM, liddi said:

I presume this marks the end of SSY and CCW's screentime, unless we get further exposition in flashbacks. I see now what everyone has been trying to warn me about dialing down my expectations, so in that sense, I was not as thrown off by the abruptness of their exits, particularly SSY's.

Yes! Thus, when you first wrote that you were keen to watch Veil to see the development of SSY and CCW after Moebius, I was laughing like mad because there are many reasons to watch... except that 🤣. Some were also in denial and believed that she didn't die 😂 because how can you kill off a lead in 5 episodes!

Since you have watched Moebius, does that really help to understand Veil any better? Maybe this question would be better after you have finished.

• Haha 4

Okay, talk about shooting oneself in the foot. HJH's big reveal is a massive shock, especially for himself. To be told he was the one who killed his colleagues totally came out of left field. After leading us step by step, convincing us (and himself) that Dep. Commr Lee was the mole, and the one who had his team killed, only to find that he was the one who did it, came out of left field. So what exactly are we missing?

Am I now to conclude that everything that happened has to do with politics, and Dep Commr Lee's actions are to wrestle back control for the organisation after being used all these years as tools by those in political power, and left to shoulder the aftermath without any defence for themselves? What exactly is that last step that he was referring to? Is he planning to use his manipulation of the public via Planet to dictate to the political powers what he wants from them, rather than be their lackey? If so, how does Ri Dong Chul's killing benefit him? A year ago, Sangmuhoe's cooperation with BMS involved exposing their agents in China and North Korea, and forcing RDC to defect. Was RDC killed because he refused to cooperate, and HJH's team silenced since they were in the know? Yet from what we have seen, KDW was the one who killed RDC. If so, why did HJH end up the one killing them? Likewise, how is CCW involved in this part of the killing? CCW was a test subject for ZIP which was supposed to treat PTSD. I have a feeling HJH was also a test subject for the same drug due to his childhood trauma over his parents' killing. I now wonder whether subliminal messages were planted in HJH through the drug, which resulted in the actions he took. If so, who was the one who gave the order? Was it really Dep Commr. Lee? Or is it someone else? BMS said the same words as CCW when referring to HJH's past. Was he somehow involved in this? 

The showdown between BMS and Dep Commr Do feels anti-climatic despite the explosions and shootings. To be honest, does it make sense that they would meet each other in broad daylight in an open space where snipers could be parked anywhere? Regardless of the getaway arrangements, it still boggles the mind that these two master agents would agree to a meeting at an exposed place like this. BMS is clearly ruthless and takes no prisoners, even if it means sacrificing his own people, and it would appear he is back for vengeance. Is his target Dep. Commr Do, or Dep Commr Lee, or is it the entire NIS? What was the deal he had with Sangmuhoe a year ago? Did Sangmuhoe provide the list to him, hoping to cripple Foreign Intelligence by the loss of their agents? What then did he have to gain? Was it his goal then, to see the two bureaus brought down to its knees? I still come back to CCW. From what I understand, Sangmuhoe is a private organisation of retired agents. If so, how can CCW be a part of that organisation, when he was acknowledged to be an active black agent? Was he infiltrating the organisation to get to BMS? Yet how did he know before then that the two would cooperate? 

Oh, so it was Dir. Kang after all at the resort. It still doesn't explain what exactly SSY had to do for him in conflict with her scruples, that left her trying to desperately right her missteps, losing her life in the process. As for CCW's picture of Vellani resort, unless we learn otherwise, I can only conclude that it is just a clumsy (and lazy) way of trying to keep the viewers guessing, which is disappointing.

3 more episodes to go. Dare I say that it took me quite a while to get through these last 2 episodes when the pace dropped with shift of focus to the internal manoeuvrings of the NIS. Hopefully it will pick up in the last 3. Fingers crossed.

Edited by liddi
  • Clapping Hands 3

7 minutes ago, liddi said:

I can only conclude that it is just a clumsy (and lazy) way of trying to keep the viewers guessing, which is disappointing.

I agree with this, not just referring to CCW, but the drama as a whole. @liddi There are many questions but sadly, a lot of them have no real answers. The whole drama is too busy with so many threads that some of them never loop back into the story/ending proper. They just dangle and and in the overall scheme of things, become not very important.

Good luck with the last 3 episodes!

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

@Chocolate That doesn't sound very promising. Hopefully there aren't too many loose ends to make it incomprehensible. Will find out once I finish the last 3 episodes, whenever that is!

• Haha 3