The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Posting this to annoy @abs-oluteM 's OCD on the fringe

ahahaha...yes. It looks good on all these oppas  I have to admit, but it can really irritate the eyes. :pandawhat:

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I thought Yo Han died too. Shame on me 😭😂

LOL...never mind you get a free pass since you never doubted YoHan. 

Thanks @im0202 for the translations.

You know who had a surprisingly good development - Judge Oh. At the end of the day , in spite of her ambition she chose to do what was right. By the way , do you all know what happened to Min Jung Ho ? Did he just go scot free? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Regarding Justice Min, Gaon released him, didn’t he?

His career is over (as all of SRF involvement has been made public). He has to live with regret and guilt over SH’s death.

Edit: Haha just saw @Chocolate’s reply. Yeah *rolls eyes lol. This guy got off scot-free. I would have liked to see him being arrested and jailed. And also about Sun-Ah’s lackey. We need to see these people get their just desserts!! That’s why the episode felt so rushed. We needed another one so they can show all this.🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yohan is indeed a great mastermind. He’s been studying structural mechanics for quite awhile before executing that bomb plan at the end...

Found these scenes from Eps 10 and 11 when he was playing with cards and Jenga.

Even in the scene where he made the card tower collapse, I feel that last card standing was shown on purpose (probably alluding to Yohan’s ‘safe zone’).

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4
7 hours ago, im0202 said:

@abs-oluteM Can’t doubt her feelings anymore after this haha. But doesn’t change the fact she is still a crazy ***** 😂 (Poor K)

Yeah. In fact I think when YoHan told her that to come with him, she may have felt some closure in her own crazy way and decided to just kill herself since he "reciprocated" her feelings. LOL!

Yup K didn't deserve to die. 

I mentioned this on  twitter ...Elijah is played by Jeon Chae Eun - I realise this is her 1st drama and Saram Ent has signed her up.

E9fMHuRVkAM4L56?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

E16 Finale

Ok I decided to stop procrastinating and finished it, not without difficulty though. Even with subtitles, I hated the execution of this episode. The more I think about it the more angry I get because it could have and should have been better. The show wasted too much time in the beginning on Ga On with the police and Chief Justice Min. This time could have been used on other more important scenes or tell a better ending story. The writing/editing is so choppy and felt like not everything was tied up properly.

As pointed out by ktcjdrama, the security at the mansion is a joke. With the SRF looking for all of Yo Han's accomplices, how is it that the lawyer is still going out & about in broad daylight and was even able to meet with Ga On at the mansion?

It's disappointing that the actress who played Judge Oh didn't play a meatier part in the grand scheme of things up to the end. It felt like her role need not necessary be played by Kim Jae Kyung, who was so awesome as Veronica Park before. Of course with this said, Park Gyu Young probably got the worse end of the stick with her role as Soo Hyun. :PikachuFacePalm:

And of course, Ga On. Good god. What the hell happened to his character? When he told the lawyer he has a plan that he could expose the SRF with everything blocked, and that great plan of ensuring the whole world knows of the Dream House project is to die with Chief Justice Min? *Shake-my-head* Are you serious, writer-nim? How stupid must Ga On be under your pen? Did the writer really write the finale episode because with the Ga On he now showed me, I agree with you guys that he's unfit to carry on Yo Han's legacy or has enough brains as Yo Han to fight the corrupted politicians & rich businessman.

I'm still :idk: about why Sun Ah had to kill herself. I very much believe she can still get away with murder because there is no hard evidences against her. It was just Yo Han's words and two dead people's pictures. Assuming SK's law never changed, remember in BE we learnt that if there is no body, no witness and/or a confession, you cannot indict the suspect? With Soo Hyun, Chief Justice Min may be able to testify but still, she could still walk with insufficient evidence. The only thing felt satisfying was her shooting the Clown in the head to shut him up for all eternity. Where is that lonely & miserable death Yo Han promise her?

I did not like the people of South Korea played a part in bombing the building. Voting guilty to the SRF clowns is different to voting to bomb a building. I don't know guys, I'm not fond of the bombing bit at all. The clowns deserve harsh punishment and suffering, not death. Death is too easy. Unless he rather takes them to hell because they are too powerful and could easily bounce back and Yo Han has no manpower to fight? Even if we must give them death, it should be slow death. Funny how I'm OK with Vincenzo taking lives but not Yo Han. I think it's because Vincenzo's already had bloody hands and Yo Han didn't.

Lastly, a round of applause for Ji Sung and Kim Min Jung. Love their electrifying on-screen chemistry with the portrayal of their crack ship and individual performances. Another round of applause to Jin Young too, minus the last couple of episodes. I suppose I should also acknowledge the actor who played Heo Jeong Je. Ugh. No like, lol. My wish is not to see him again for the rest of the year.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

don't know guys, I'm not fond of the bombing bit at all. The clowns deserve harsh punishment and suffering, not death. Death is too easy

Agree, they deserve slower / more painful deaths after all that they’ve done. 

I’m okay with the Gaon/Soohyun and with Justice Min scenes taking up time in the earlier part of the story. But I still feel that this drama could have been 17-18 episodes, with the extra hour or two to help develop the supporting characters’ backstories more. As one of the main characters and main antagonists, Sun-ah’s past should have been shown to us, not just mentioned as exposition.

Also I got this question at the back of my mind at times while watching - “Who exactly is the protagonist of this drama?” I couldn’t tell at times because we got so much of Gaon and barely see Yohan for an extended period of time in one episode. It didn’t help that Gaon was usually doing something that frustrates viewers lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
27 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Alas... I cannot un-ship this crackship 😂

Just imagine what a power couple they could have been if Sun-Ah was less messed up!!

And to think I didn’t like her character in the beginning lol

I love this hate turns to love arc of you to the crackship 😍😂🤩

love that fmv of their convo + bgm hieeeee

I've been procrastinating to watch the finale episodes XD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 minute ago, bairama said:

I've been procrastinating to watch the finale episodes XD 

Haha same as @mademoiselle yesterday then... she did watch it in the end though haha

I’m not sure I will get over this drama so soon. Been searching for FMVs to watch and there are some great ones out there 😍

Meanwhile I might be in a mini kdrama slump (besides HP I’m not watching anything else):pandablank:

Quite sad that there wasn’t any promo done during the broadcast of this drama... One bad thing about it not being on Netflix - we don’t get any Swoon interviews/games :pandasadspoon:

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Haha same as @mademoiselle yesterday then... she did watch it in the end though haha

I’m not sure I will get over this drama so soon. Been searching for FMVs to watch and there are some great ones out there 😍

Meanwhile I might be in a mini kdrama slump (besides HP I’m not watching anything else):pandablank:

Quite sad that there wasn’t any promo done during the broadcast of this drama... One bad thing about it not being on Netflix - we don’t get any Swoon interviews/games :pandasadspoon:

I will today! Very ease schedule yeay!

I'm so happy this drama picked up by so much professional fmv makers. And their work is uwieeeeeeeee lah so many on another levels I love their interpretations to bring out the best slices of the drama

IKR that's why I hope the dramas are on Netflix huhuhuhu the contents are so creative

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Well, in the first place, it is so wrong to put unsecured candles in a room with curtains, and so close to the curtains and passageway too :idk: I know in churches where they light candles, the candles will have rings to hold them in place.

No one saw, and no CCTV captured that teddy bear knocked over the candle. It could be just a little girl running out of a burning room... It's the teddy bear's fault! 

#nevermindme, just overthinking it, lol...

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

She wore a Harry Potter cloak to the audition so that she will look like a judge! But the audition judges asked her to take it off because they couldn't stop laughing 🤣🤣🤣

e4337f8a19e84b8aa4bd516eb6e0ab50.jpeg?s=

Kim Jae Kyung On The Ending Of “The Devil Judge,” Sharing Concerns With Co-Star GOT7’s Jinyoung, And More

Aug 25, 2021 by S. Cho

Kim Jae Kyung recently shared her thoughts on the conclusion of “The Devil Judge,” her co-stars, support from her Rainbow members, and more!

tvN’s “The Devil Judge” takes place in an alternate-universe dystopian Korea where the entire nation participates in a live broadcast courtroom show. On August 22, the drama aired its finale to its highest ratings yet. Kim Jae Kyung played the role of Oh Jin Joo, who grew up in a poor family, but becomes an associate judge who loves her job.

Regarding her preparations for the character, Kim Jae Kyung revealed, “I realized I’ve never met anyone with the career of a judge. That’s why from the start of my audition process, I was asking around to see if anyone knew a judge, and I luckily was able to meet one.”

She also spoke in-depth about her audition process, sharing, “I like ‘Harry Potter’ so I have a cloak. I wanted to go to my audition wearing something similar to judge’s robes. So I wore my ‘Harry Potter’ cloak to the audition. I wanted to immerse myself into the career realistically, so I went to my audition after I watched interviews with judges and studied.”

Kim Jae Kyung continued, “I did all my lines wearing the ‘Harry Potter’ cloak. After I finished, the writer and director were talking when the director suddenly asked if I could take it off, because they couldn’t focus as it was making them laugh.” She added, “If you look at it a certain way, ‘The Devil Judge’ is scary. Within that, letting viewers catch their breath was my role. It felt like Kim Jae Kyung as a person was already fulfilling that role.”

Spoiler

Kim-Jae-Kyung-1.jpeg

The former Rainbow member touched on the support she received from the group, commenting, “From the start of the broadcast, they would wait for my scenes and take pictures when I came out to constantly send to the group chat.” With a bright smile, Kim Jae Kyung added, “I gained strength seeing that.”

She continued, “Also, it was a really hot day and I had a lot of concerns because of Jin Joo’s change of heart. Truly right when I had the most worries, my members sent a coffee truck so I was really touched.”

When asked about her goal throughout “The Devil Judge,” Kim Jae Kyung shared, “Typically, I’m the type to quit easily. When I try something new and I find it’s not for me, I’m the type to accept it easily. But with this project, I had the goal ‘Even if I hit the ground, I’m going to think about it until the end.'”

Kim-Jae-Kyung-2.jpeg

Kim Jae Kyung had the most on-screen interaction with co-stars Ji Sung and GOT7‘s Jinyoung, and she was asked about her chemistry with both actors. She commented, “As he is such a senior actor, Ji Sung gave me lots of advice from a perspective I couldn’t even see. I think I moved forward really believing and relying on him. We filmed from when it was cold to when it got hot, but Ji Sung bought me lots of snacks so I gained a lot of strength.”

She also referred to Ji Sung’s character Yo Han as her role model, commenting, “In the drama, Yo Han feels like a mental anchor for Jin Joo. He’s a role model that makes her think, ‘I also want to become a judge that has such an impressive, positive influence.’ Working with Ji Sung made me look at him the way Jin Joo looks upon Yo Han.”

Regarding Jinyoung, a fellow idol, Kim Jae Kyung shared, “He’s experienced a similar life journey as me and I think we have a similar point of view regarding acting. Jinyoung has many of the same concerns I have, and I have many of the same concerns he has. I think we were able to give each other advice from the same perspective.”

She also revealed that Jinyoung was the mood-maker on set, explaining, “When Jinyoung’s bored, he’ll hum or dance. Then I naturally end up copying him and dancing along. I think Jinyoung really set the mood.”

Kim Jae Kyung’s character also experienced various twists due to Kim Min Jung‘s character, of whom she commented, “Although Kim Min Jung played a villain, I understood her. I think that’s her skill. I want to one day play a villain like that. That’s because Kim Min Jung portrayed Sun Ah in a completely different way than I had imagined when I read the script.”

She continued, “From my view, that was really fascinating and impressive. On set, she often said, ‘I want to do what isn’t obvious.’ I thought that if I one day got to play a villain character like that, I would want to create an unexpected villain like her.”

Kim-Jae-Kyung-3.jpeg

After a whirlwind few weeks, ‘The Devil Judge’ came to a dramatic conclusion with a shocking plot twist. Although she was vague about the ending in order to avoid spoilers, Kim Jae Kyung shared, “The ending exceeded my wildest imaginations.” She continued, “To give a slight spoiler, if you end up missing the live broadcast and see articles after it airs, it’ll be really hard. That’s how much of a shocking ending it is.”

Lastly, Kim Jae Kyung revealed her greatest motivation for the past decade she’s spent as an actress. She explained, “Because it’s fun. Every moment is new and it feels like a new challenge is opening every moment. Breaking through each challenge and moving forward is so fun.”

Kim Jae Kyung added, “Since I’ve lived the past 10 years enjoyably, I was able to meet such a cool project like this. Now, I’m living with the anticipation that if I continue to live enjoyably, other cool projects will be awaiting me.”

Source

• Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle I agree that Judge Oh’s character could have been better utilised . KJK is a pretty good actress 

@im0202 right now my state of mind ….

Spoiler

:niu: . Honestly if she didn’t kill K & SH , we could have turned the story around . They can be a crazy power couple & rule the world. This is a dystopian & dysfunctional country after all . 

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL. I'm already over it thanks to the finale... :laugh:

I’m over the drama . But still hv lingering feelings for my ship :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Seriously, I like the earlier episodes so much that I downloaded them (for keepsake) but the last two episodes ruined it all. :letalQQ: Jin Young cried beautifully and I liked that devastated look he did at the end of episode 15 but story-wise and the last episode really did not do this show justice. That it could have been really bugs me to no ends. Sorry for the rant. Sigh. :jiminbtssigh:

I'm not that into the crack ship but I acknowledge they were awesome with their (so-called) flirting. They should work together again HAHA.

• Haha 5
16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I agree that Judge Oh’s character could have been better utilised . KJK is a pretty good actress 

Me think so too.... 

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Honestly if she didn’t kill K & SH , we could have turned the story around . They can be a crazy power couple & rule the world. This is a dystopian & dysfunctional country after all . 

I agree. But because she had blood on her hands, I cannot bear to pair her off with Yohan. Even if it's only the blood of that puppet chairman of SRF.

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Honestly if she didn’t kill K & SH , we could have turned the story around . They can be a crazy power couple & rule the world. This is a dystopian & dysfunctional country after all .

Haha, but I think we overlook one point. Yo Han is not after all the shiny things that Sun Ah wants. They may scheme and use similar methods, but their fundamental reason for being is worlds apart. He has no craving for power or to rule the world.

So I'm sorry. There is no possibility for this ship :laugh:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

:laugh: Too bad fanfics are all for the other ship hahhahahha

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I was just going to say, he has bedroom eyes here... 😂 This is a lovely photo

Yes Jisung/Yohan is indeed a criminal for stealing my heart in the drama 😂😍

Ep 16 also ensured Jisung’s character always ends up in jail no matter his real occupation lol

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, but I think we overlook one point. Yo Han is not after all the shiny things that Sun Ah wants. They may scheme and use similar methods, but their fundamental reason for being is worlds apart. He has no craving for power or to rule the world.

So I'm sorry. There is no possibility for this ship :laugh:

OUCH... on behalf of @abs-oluteM

@Chocolate you basically did this to our dear @abs-oluteM LOLLL

killed-em-hold-this.gif

• Haha 5