The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

Ahhh interesting... (also, Gaon asked Justice Min if he wanted him to be Judas very early on in the drama and we see his ‘betrayal’ in Ep 14 🤔)

No wonder I thought that this scene also had a very obvious yellowish tint to it... especially when the focus was on the President. (Of course, the man was in yellow was well.)
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Insightful 5

After watching with subs, I can understand why Ga On held that press conference at the end and turned on YoHan.  And suddenly I am feeling conflicted about YoHan's methods again the way I was at the beginning. Not because I have any doubts over YoHan  - more because this would send the wrong sort of message. In some ways what YH did at the slums (during the live broadcast) was a parallel to what he did in his childhood when he instigated his classmates to turn on each other. My head agrees with Ga On but my heart is Team YoHan. Yes, it is somewhat cruel , it is unorthodox but the question is this : What are the options? Given how corrupt and how sly SA , the Clown President etc are , there is no way they can be brought down with the law that has loopholes and can be exploited. 

Just a note about Sun A. She will definitely have to pay for her crimes. But I found it interesting that she was disgusted at the Clown's suggestion to spread the virus. As a person she is not beyond redemption. I appreciate that she is written with some layers and not a caricature of a villain. 

---------------------------------

Yay . Well done especially to Ji Sung and Jin Young

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484403wpp/hospital-playlist-2-continues-reign-as-most-buzzworthy-drama-ji-sung-and-got7s-jinyoung-top-actor-rankings

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the second week of August are as follows:

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2”

tvN’s “The Devil Judge”

SBS’s “The Penthouse 3”

JTBC’s “Nevertheless”

tvN’s “You Are My Spring”

KBS 2TV’s “Police University”

SBS’s “Racket Boys”

SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky”

KBS 2TV’s “Revolutionary Sisters”

tvN’s “The Road: The Tragedy of One”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

Ji Sung (“The Devil Judge”)

GOT7’s Jinyoung (“The Devil Judge”)

Kim Dong Wook (“You Are My Spring”)

Seo Hyun Jin (“You Are My Spring”)

Kim So Yeon (“The Penthouse 3”)

B1A4’s Jinyoung (“Police University”)

Kim Min Jung (“The Devil Judge”)

Jo Jung Suk (“Hospital Playlist 2”)

Han So Hee (“Nevertheless”)

Jung Kyung Ho (“Hospital Playlist 2”)

• Clapping Hands 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

52 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

And suddenly I am feeling conflicted about YoHan's methods again the way I was at the beginning. Not because I have any doubts over YoHan  - more because this would send the wrong sort of message.

Precisely why I love the drama. I love stories that make me feel conflicted. I agree that this latest case especially makes me uncomfortable, that the general public are being roped in to carry out the execution.

A lot of kdramas are rom-com, family-oriented, makjang or crime genre, and TDJ is such a breath of fresh air. 
Like you, I also (kinda) understand where Ga-on is coming from. I’m just annoyed at him because he keeps changing sides. I mean, he even said he wanted to be on the winning side for once. So does he think Yohan is gonna lose now or what?? Cos I don’t think his way can defeat those clowns at SRF.

Also, Jisung is 👑.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

On 8/15/2021 at 10:04 PM, im0202 said:

I can't help but also feel that this is plausible, especially after Yohan apologised to Isaac saying that he can't keep his promise about not hurting/punishing innocent people anymore.

I don't think Yo Han killed Soo Hyun. He likes Ga On and treats him as family - even though he may not like Soo Hyun, he will know how hurt Ga On would be. Plus, Ga On was already on his side. There is no point doing something that would make Ga On sever ties with him.

Instead, I think he was referring to his plan to incite Juk Chang, so that he has leverage to make Juk Chang spill the beans on the President. He knew an innocent resident of the slum would likely die/get seriously hurt during that televised session of the slum. But he had no other way to do what needed to be done.

On 8/16/2021 at 12:21 PM, im0202 said:

Sudden thoughts since Jung Joseph was revealed to be in charge of the church CCTV:

The church fire culprit could be

1. Yohan

2. Sun-ah

3. Elijah?? (Yohan trying to hide the truth so Elijah doesn’t get hurt more)

4. Justice Min (Argh everything he says and does now is suspicious to me😂)

Who do you suspect?

No. 1 - definitely not

No. 2 - hmmmm... I would like to think so but, they just announced that Isaac was leaving his fortune to SRF, man, at least let him live another day! Would Sun Ah have been so eager? I think she is a better planner. Plus all her partners are in that church and they could have died. So, not likely.

No. 3 - 😱 never occurred to me! I'm worried now.

No. 4 - like you guys say, it's strange that his role has been so negligble so far...

On 8/16/2021 at 7:12 PM, mademoiselle said:

I'm not sure why both Judge Oh and Ga On are so against death penalty. It's a punishment that had been around for centuries and still in effect to this day, although most countries have delayed this for as long as they can.

Exactly. And from Mouse, we see that SK never executes them anyway, even after 25 years 😂

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I came in here to say the same thing, thinking of you! @im0202

The 4 tracks should be the songs isn't it?

Hahaha thanks! So happy to see the confirmation of the full OST.

I’m not sure, because I understood it as:

47 bgm tracks

4 songs (the ones we already got released)

So there should be 4 more... Perhaps the instrumental versions of the 4 OSTs we already know of? Lol. I don’t think there will be 4 new songs with only 2 eps left right 😂

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
41 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Hahaha thanks! So happy to see the confirmation of the full OST.

I’m not sure, because I understood it as:

47 bgm tracks

4 songs (the ones we already got released)

So there should be 4 more... Perhaps the instrumental versions of the 4 OSTs we already know of? Lol. I don’t think there will be 4 new songs with only 2 eps left right 😂

Yeah I believe it's instrumental track of the 4 songs. That's how they usually do it in ost album.

• Like 4

Gosh @im0202 . The pre released makes me teary eyed . But I think the one positive thing is how much change there has been in the relationship dynamics between the uncle & niece. I remember how much she “hated” him at 1st . Now he can even tease her & asked if she’s worried. Lol ! 

I am a little bit concerned. I don’t want to jinx it but 

Spoiler

Urggh , I am worried that even if they take down the clown & SA , YoHan may have to sacrifice himself. 

I will miss our hot Devil Judge . 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am a little bit concerned. I don’t want to jinx it but 

Reveal hidden contents

A little piece of foreshadowing too when Elijah says to Yohan that if he gets caught/arrested, then the house will be hers, and he simply states that the house is already hers originally.

Ugh I’m not ready for the last 2 eps! I’m afraid to find out what happens :pandasadspoon:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

@im0202 @mademoiselle So does Ga On realise that YH is innocent ? 

Just now, mademoiselle said:

@im0202 Did you come across the E16 text preview this afternoon? It was released early. I don't believe the text preview of course.

I think Ga On will be criticised again for what he did. LOL. On the side note, I'm swooning at Jin Young's wet hair and crying scenes again xDDD

What did the preview say?

• Like 4

@abs-oluteM Yes, from the cuts, Ga On realised Professor Min works for Sun Ah (knew Ahn Nae Sang can't just be there for nothing!). From the CCTV video, Elijah was the one who knocked over the candle and caused the church fire.

Spoiler

The preview text (most important bit) said while Ga On was blaming himself and trying to right the wrong, he heard news of Yo Han's death in prison.

@im0202 Can you help with the translation, please?

https://wx1.sinaimg.cn/mw2000/008cVzfMly1gto4q5nirkj60u00qjad702.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you come across the E16 text preview this afternoon? It was released early. I don't believe the text preview of course.

Oh my gosh yes I did. I’m not believing it until tvN reposts it officially lol. It did contain some BIG spoilers so I didn’t mention anything here.

@abs-oluteM 

Spoiler

Yes he did find out that Justice Min has been under Sun-ah’s hold ever since his graduation(?)/ enrolment(?) as a judge. And that Yohan was not guilty of killing Soohyun as he connected the dots that everything was constructed by Sun-ah. (Her lackey planted ‘evidence’ that made him think that Yohan was guilty at first)

@mademoiselle I can’t seem to open the link... is it the text preview? I’m waiting for it to drop on the tving site.

The ending scene in today’s ep was so intense and so angsty. Sun-ah... she really is such a clever evil mastermind.

Edited by im0202
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @mademoiselle

Spoiler

Yohan believed in me, but I didn’t trust him.

Ga-on feels a strong sense of guilt, and before he can correct his own mistakes, receives the shocking news that Yohan has died in prison.

Thinking that there is nothing else to stop them, the Foundation members reveal their intentions, and the secret behind the Dream Home project is finally revealed.

Without Yohan, will Ga-on be able to go against the Foundation and fix everything?

I’m still waiting for tving to drop that text preview again!!! I don’t wanna believe this version for obvious reasons🤣

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@im0202 It could be fake news. If Yo Han was sent to the prison where the prison guards admire him then they could have helped him spread the news?

Yes I want to believe that it’s just his plan again.

Even in today’s episode

Spoiler

I was impressed again that he managed to turn it around by admitting that he was guilty of setting up the live court stuff but saying that he did all those because he did  not want to see the rich and powerful go unpunished any more. He’s just so clever with words. 

I don’t know who has bigger brain - Yohan or Sun-ah lol

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2