The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Another BL clip will be in the make soon, eh?

I can’t fault the vidders this time. There is so much content for them to use from the last episode LOL. 
But my crack ship though... seems like Sun-ah really did like Yohan. She couldn’t bear to kill him in the end. I was actually pretty shocked she shot herself. Did not see that coming at all.

Heo Joong-Se being shot was gaeeee-cider!! :pandacoolsip:

The knetz have been complaining about goguma (sweet potato) endings for many episodes because of how frustrating the characters (i.e. Soohyun, Justice Min and Gaon) behave and in the last episode there was finally something to cheer about lol (cider = refreshing). I think their analogies are so cute.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Another BL clip will be in the make soon, eh?

this seems is their (drama producer-director-screenwriter) delicate intention

BCS why they made it so hot, the moves on those particular scenes HAHAHA (that is not the only one, we know)

a gift for fantasy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@mademoiselle I agree that it has  become like revenge rather than serving justice. 

Thanks for the explanations @im0202

Reading some comments on Naver ...

https://program.naver.com/p/17773429/talk

In season 2, I want to see Yohan moving in the dark as a full-fledged Korean Batman and Elijah who can walk, and Gaon as a hacker who helps as a judge

Some k nets  also have wild imagination

Spoiler

To be honest, at the last airport, when Yohan opened his arms, I thought Gaon would run and hug him hahaha Then it was a romantic ending hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Some have not come to the acceptance stage of the crack ship blowing up

Spoiler

Johan also liked Seon-ah.. The reason he asked Seon-ah to go together in the courtroom was not to go to hell, but to live together, but Seon-ah didn’t know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

While watching this scene, I was also half-expecting something like that and I thought “well are they gonna go there?” But they didn’t 😂 

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Lol this crack ship should stay as a crack ship. Not possible in reality it’s way too toxic💀

On a side note, I wonder if NF will get the rights to show this drama. If they do I will probably rewatch the entire thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
27 minutes ago, im0202 said:

the tweet says the red bomb made it look like Yohan was grabbing Gaon’s heart

I LAUGH, REALLY LAUGH HERE 😂😂 kind of perfect description while i watch the snippet for the first time 😂😂 

*AND WHAT THEY'RE SO FAST WITH THE GIF WOW

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

well that means the not-so-delicate intention of the drama is success 😂

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

oh yayyyy. Hello my dark friend? 😂😂 

• Haha 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Just finished ep.15. The second half of the episode, I think I was going "stupid Ga-on, stupid Ga-on" all the time :PikachuFacePalm:

iQiyi is so slow in releasing the new episode, I'm gonna have to go into the dark side for subs. (edit: argh, dark side also still raw... 1h34m long the finale... How can I go to sleep?)

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I think I like the ending...? 
Yohan had been planning to destroy these people from long time ago and he succeeded. We were told that he had always conducted his trials in a reserved/restrained way that he rose to this position and able to have this live trial. So when his mission is fulfilled, off he goes with Elijah to find comprehensive treatment for her legs. He doesn’t mind being “dead” in the eyes of the people because he never intended to stay anyway. He’s been supporting/donating to the hospital so that it’s up and ready to help Elijah. He’s also been keeping track of the prison warden hidden finances because he knew one day he might end up in jail and need that as leverage. The only thing I wonder is whether he really never suspected Min at all. 

What I didn’t like is the writing for Ga-on. Even till the last minute, he wants to blow himself up with Min?? Whatever for?? Wrong target, kiddo! Min is just a super minor pawn. You want to sacrifice your life by blowing yourself off, then do it with the SRF people, duh... especially since Yohan supposedly is already “dead”. Who else to take down the SRF? Poor writing for Ga-on because later writer-nim had Yohan do the “right” thing of blowing up himself with the villains. Ga-on is always one step forward two steps backwards that I cannot root for him to be Yohan’s “successor”. Good thing I have a bias towards JY, otherwise I would probably eye-roll Ga-on even much more. I don’t think I’ve ever been so exasperated with a male protagonist like this before. I cannot believe he actually passed the qualifications for a judge 🙄 He should probably just forget about being a judge and go catch up with Yohan and Elijah in Switzerland. 

One other weak writing... that bogus super safe mansion with tight security 🙄🙄🙄 need I say more? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

What I didn’t like is the writing for Ga-on. Even till the last minute, he wants to blow himself up with Min?? Whatever for?? Wrong target, kiddo!

Yeah his bomb plan was weak... he still has much to learn from Yohan. But then again, Yohan has been playing this game for a much longer time. 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Good thing I have a bias towards JY, otherwise I would probably eye-roll Ga-on even much more.

I don’t have a bias towards the actor, so I could eye-roll all I want during the drama without feeling bad 😂 Nothing bad to say about his acting though. As far as idol actors/actresses go, he is okay. His fans have really been gushing over his acting on bird app lol. The reason why I switched to livestreaming midway thru the drama :laugh:

10/10 would vote this man as president! :wow:

Have watched Ep 16 with subs and still, it felt rushed. It was 94 (!!!) minutes long and I’d rather they split it into Eps 16 and 17 and we could get a slightly less rushed storytelling. maybe show us some fluff scenes in Switzerland too. Guess I’ll have to just imagine that myself...🥺

Btw @abs-oluteM maybe the kfans who couldn’t accept the crack ship ending had a reason think that way (about Yohan’s “Let’s go” meaning something else rather than them dying together). Because his true intention wasn’t to die. He meant to survive the explosion, didn’t he? So his “Let’s go” was really for then to get out of that together?!? :pandathink:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Have watched with subs. I don't mind the ending since I was not into the fluff with Elijah or Ga On lol.

But I wish the trial with the SRF was more detailed/longer. At the beginning, the trials took half an episode - they would lay out the for and against and then there is a twist and shocking punishment. I wish the writer had found a way to make the last one as stunning too.

It's not really important but I think Yo Han ended technically a criminal. Despite that the government was crooked, he broke out of jail by pretending to be killed. Then he conducted a trial, when he was no longer a judge, and then bombed them. So in this way, I think he had to "bomb" himself too to avoid going to jail again.

Nevertheless, this drama was very exciting and I loved it. Also very happy to have discovered another great actor - Ji Sung.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
24 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

But I wish the trial with the SRF was more detailed/longer. At the beginning, the trials took half an episode - they would lay out the for and against and then there is a twist and shocking punishment. I wish the writer had found a way to make the last one as stunning too.

True!! The live court proceedings were my most anticipated parts of the drama at the beginning.

I looked forward to a new one every episode but realised it could not go on the same way because of the bigger story arc that had to come into play - taking down the SRF. So it was fun while it lasted.

27 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Also very happy to have discovered another great actor - Ji Sung.

Woohoo welcome to the club! :Party01: He is indeed a 믿보배 (an actor we can trust). Hope he doesn’t take a other two years to be in another drama 😅

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
3 hours ago, im0202 said:

Btw @abs-oluteM maybe the kfans who couldn’t accept the crack ship ending had a reason think that way (about Yohan’s “Let’s go” meaning something else rather than them dying together). Because his true intention wasn’t to die. He meant to survive the explosion, didn’t he? So his “Let’s go” was really for then to get out of that together?!? 

That is what I have been thinking or was he trying to trick her ? Eh how come I am crying when she died?  I was trying to screen shot ...did he look a little sad when he saw her dead?  See...

MGqkZ1l.png

I honestly have plenty to say about this finale. It wasn't a bad ending all things considered. But let me go process my grief again! LOL...Who knew I am as crazy as the knetz! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

25 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

...did he look a little sad when he saw her dead?  See...

He could be a little surprised that she decided to shoot herself instead of him. It indicated that she valued his life so he could be somewhat touched... It's something like you've been adversaries for so long and suddenly it is all over and in such a way? Our Yo Han has a heart afterall. But... it doesn't mean he likes her romantically lol.

It's difficult to say what Sun Ah is. As a villian, she is quite contradictory. When she saw the girl in the vaccine testing facility, she was appalled. She loathes her conspirators too. Do you think she felt regret? How do we reconcile this bit of humanity with the cold-blooded killing of K? We were led to believe that she would rather destroy everything precious to Yo Han than let him be happy. But in the end, she didn't choose to make him die with her.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

There are a number of things that  bugged me . But I would say the biggest one was Ga On's character development that went downhill in the last two episodes. It wasn't just his flip flopping but even right until the very end he was still behaving foolishly and not thinking out of the box. Granted that the writer wanted to have Ga On's character as  the straight & narrow sort who tended to act on his emotions. I know he was somewhat used as a foil to YoHan's character. But why even in the last episode was he still not getting the big picture that those in power are clearly on the take....

Spoiler

B4GPK6o.png

that acting rashly was not the way....

Spoiler

AvyRCp4.png

and that he still didn't know what YoHan was capable of pulling (he lived with him for a few months at least) ?  I cannot believe that he thinks YoHan was seriously going to die the 2nd time, and honestly he could have again jeopardised YoHan's ultimate plan.

This idiom come to mind ..."Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Spoiler

oJ12XlP.png

There's nothing wrong of course for someone who would  put their faith in the law & the system but the way Ga On came across in these last bits had me rather frustrated  which is a shame as I liked him a lot earlier on. And I agree with @ktcjdrama that  I don't even know if in time to come whether Ga On can carry out what YH did as honestly he is not quite sly enough. 

If you had watch Taxi Driver , you'll remember Prosecutor Kang Hanna....

Spoiler

She was also a threat to the Rainbow Team at the beginning or even past the middle because she was  straight & upright as a person. But her arc was much better developed , and once she understood what the Rainbow Team was trying to do and even used their services , she didn't  backtrack on what she thought. 

The good and the amazing was definitely the way YoHan's character had been written, and it was clear that this role was made for JiSung.  I loved that he made me doubt him initially and then made me love him as much as I did. YoHan's methods were always questionable and there were times when they made me uncomfortable. However you cannot help but agree with him that this was the best way to punish the criminals. Is it because I was smitten by his charisma ? Cannot blame Sun Ah for being so obsessed with him!

Sun Ah was also a well-written villainess. While we can definitely  say what she did was wrong, there were moments when I felt rather bad for her. Her abusive childhood had made her crave for love and acceptance  - though her idea of love was twisted. She wanted the shiny things in life, and would do anything to get them but she still had a human side to her that hasn't lost its compassion for those who were disadvantaged.

I supposed the ending was acceptable ( and even a happy one in some sense)  and that YoHan got what he ultimately wanted which was revenge for his family. However the ending had a tinge of cynicism to it - nothing really ever changes unless something revolutionary  takes place. I understand the writer was a former judge and so perhaps he wanted to drive home his observations by making it seem more realistic. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

28 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

It's difficult to say what Sun Ah is. As a villian, she is quite contradictory. When she saw the girl in the vaccine testing facility, she was appalled. She loathes her conspirators too. Do you think she felt regret? How do we reconcile this bit of humanity with the cold-blooded killing of K? We were led to believe that she would rather destroy everything precious to Yo Han than let him be happy. But in the end, she didn't choose to make him die with her.

Yes, true. She often surprised me with how she felt about certain things. I think I like that fact that she had some layers to her or that she isn't too much of  a caricature. She was lonely and didn't know it - hence her desire to have Yohan feel that way. She tried to make up for that loneliness by acquiring things and power. I always remember that champagne scene when she was celebrating her appointment as the President of the SRF and didn't have anyone to call.  Too bad she went too far.

BTS

@im0202 what was JS telling her around 7:29? JS really gives a lot of acting tips to those around him

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

and that he still didn't know what YoHan was capable of pulling (he lived with him for a few months at least) ?  I cannot believe that he thinks YoHan was seriously going to die the 2nd time, and honestly he could have again jeopardised YoHan's ultimate plan.

This idiom come to mind ..."Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

I thought Yo Han died too. Shame on me 😭😂

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

BTS

@im0202 what was JS telling her around 7:29? JS really gives a lot of acting tips to those around him

Thanks, just ended work and finally get to watch this! Sorry for the long wait @abs-oluteM haha

KMJ was mulling over how to fall realistically after being shot.

MJ: How am I gonna do this?

[Yohan who personally demonstrates for Sun-Ah]
JS: Like this~
JS: Because you have to focus on your emotions... it’s difficult, right?

[Giving a great tip]
JS: You need to put pressure on your pelvis here (leans over slowly)

[slowly and prolonging (the falling movement)]
JS: You’ve no choice but to do this. Because you’ve to show your emotions...

There’s no other way but this.

MJ: (falls the way JS taught) Did I not do well??

(staff applauds)

Alright, off to have dinner and watch the rest of the BTS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The good and the amazing was definitely the way YoHan's character had been written, and it was clear that this role was made for JiSung.  I loved that he made me doubt him initially and then made me love him as much as I did.

Same. I remember being so in love with the drama after the pilot episode, because I actually could not tell if Jisung was the antagonist or not... Yohan made me doubt him in the beginning, all the way till like after episode 4. 
I really enjoyed playing the guessing game.

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Do you think she felt regret? How do we reconcile this bit of humanity with the cold-blooded killing of K? We were led to believe that she would rather destroy everything precious to Yo Han than let him be happy. But in the end, she didn't choose to make him die with her.

I think Sun-ah is such a complex character. I could not predict her actions right till the very end. She had a mini redemption arc in the last episode when they showed her in the hospital of the SRF with the young woman. But by then she had already gone too far. Sun-ah would have been a very different person (for the better) had she just received an iota of genuine affection from someone, or anyone for that matter. 
Just want to count my blessings that she chose not to kill Yohan in the end.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Posting this to annoy @abs-oluteM 's OCD on the fringe

Lol total Dr.John vibes when he was in prison with the fringe down.

I am TEAM HAIR-UP! 😍

@Chocolate Me too I thought Yohan really went with the SRF in the explosion and for the next 2 minutes(?) or so I was in a state of daze while live-streaming... with all sorts of curse words in my brain 😂 Until when Gaon returned to the empty house with Elijah missing. Then I started suspecting something lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@im0202 I like fringe up too but he had it down looks good as well (you can tell it was specially styled). xD

I totally didn't believe he die actually (prison or at the live court venue). And soon enough, which wasn't very long, that Ga On found the map/blue print, I knew he was alive. LOL. I just had a hunch that he cannot be dead else the viewers will curse the writer.

Even he's not dead, I'm kinda cursing the writer for ruining the finale + Ga On. I still haven't seen the finale. Really sitting on it now.

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I totally didn't believe he die actually (prison or at the live court venue). And soon enough, which wasn't very long, that Ga On found the map/blue print, I knew he was alive. LOL. I just had a hunch that he cannot be dead else the viewers will curse the writer.

I didn’t believe the prison ‘death’ at all cos it was too early in the episode... but the explosion one... Lol. Let’s just say I was in denial for a minute there. I was about to throw hands 😂 And I thought I spoke too early when updating and rejoicing in the thread that Yohan is alive haha

14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Even he's not dead, I'm kinda cursing the writer for ruining the finale + Ga On. I still haven't seen the finale. Really sitting on it now.

Yes Gaon could have been written better. His wishy-washy attitude should not have been for almost the entirety of the drama. I think I gave up on his character about 2/3 through the story. Yohan and Sun-Ah characters carried the drama for me. 

I hate it when his fringe is down because HOW DOES HE SEE 🤣

Edited by im0202
  • Haha 4