The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

6 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Like, what does he think is gonna happen if he outs Yohan (and his Avengers team)?? There is a bigger evil to get rid of.

This is what I'm afraid 😭😭 is Gaon didnt count this at all: The 'Avengers' team & all the work?

Gaon really needs to be less easily swayed. I wonder if Justice Min is working for Sun-ah? Lol.

Aiyaaaaa hahahaha lol

• Like 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Waiting for more Sun-ah scenes next week... Funny to think I disliked her character in the beginning but she kinda grew on me after she took over the foundation.

Next episode’s text preview states that the SRF members are plotting to oust Sun-ah. Wondering if this might get her to work with Yohan again. I won’t be surprised if she does work with him one more time. I swear there’s so much flipping sides in this drama I’ve lost count 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, im0202 said:

I won’t be surprised if she does work with him one more time. I swear there’s so much flipping sides in this drama I’ve lost count 😂

bahahaah...I am glad that you are keeping the faith on our crack ship. Honestly given what she did to YH ( and killing K) , I should think there will be no redemption for her. But this is no normal drama is it . Who knows at the end of the day YH may also have a very private agenda to take over the world. :pandacoolsip:

Coming to think of it , Uncle & niece just hugged for the 1st time last night

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

since ep 14 doesn't come out yet on me & know what to anticipate from the spoiler, I re-watch ep 13 to try understand Gaon's & how the plot is going on.

Haven't know what to say because I feel Soohyun got shot is so random. It is my biggest frustration. Because she was seeing Jung Joseph & someone tails her? Or by someone's plan, and who knows her such in need to kill? (Who is the killer? Am I missing something?) Will it be explained in ep 14? (And the fact she damn ran to the scene without proper plan because seeing Gaon with that little of blood + he is within the team anyway, he got much protection than her actually.. I hate the way they did to romance in law/justice show like this)

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Have to admit it did cross my mind that Yo Han may have eliminated Soo Hyun to keep Ga On by his side, as we know, he wants Ga On as family. There's that part of me that want it be true (coz it's interesting) and another part of me hoping is false.

12 hours ago, im0202 said:

I can't help but also feel that this is plausible, especially after Yohan apologised to Isaac saying that he can't keep his promise about not hurting/punishing innocent people anymore.

Your last sentence is me lol. Oh the dilemma!!

But also find Yohan said he can't keep his promise to Isaac is plausible. In dilemma too! Because if it is planned by someone, Sunah not the one who knows how she is that important. If it is random, I'm disappointed, but if it is planned by Yohan, heol, Devil Judge is a title of him then. Because something is off from his expression saw her died. But God.. That's not a right move to keep someone by your side and I doubt Yohan didn't think about this: at least, what if Gaon's find out, he will lose him in the end if he did that.

It is good that show makes us contemplating about Yohan intentions still. I got my wishes true. Because until ep 12, I just see him as adorable & make sense judge. And even people on his team too, I find it is amazing, how people who loses so much team up in hope for better future that maybe change for everyone.

But at the preview of ep 14, I think Yohan's reaction which is can be so heartless: not sympathizing to Gaon, instead he told he knows it because he is in that way may fuel Gaon disgusts him. After all, Gaon's love of life said something, and it will be a remarkable one & echoing in his mind indeed. Soohyun's prejudice about Yohan + Justice Min view, which is they are the one who really not look into fact and keep in the dark (even Gaon didn't really try to explain to Soohyun why she must believe Yohan, the reasons, the way.. Which is I hope happened but turns it isn't).. It is really possible to him turns side because he is more the feelers type. Even in ep 13, when he just barging in to the scene, and after that he just yells to Yohan if he is not planning/doing anything (bcs Soohyun covers up the fact she was called by Yohan to save him on the scene) 🙄 

On 8/15/2021 at 2:23 AM, Chocolate said:

Yo Han says, take away my stage? I will create my own stage! 😎 But realistically, they really need so much help. They have no access to police or even hospital. For once, I thought the President had a smart idea to shut off the electricity 🤪

THIS. Hahahaha I find it is frustrating, the way they went live streaming at the scene without proper guards. They are 'naked'! All the 3 judges, or is it really doesn't matter because the popularity they will untouchable? But still.. I think they need much help. 😂

But I'm crying at the darkness can't defeat the light thing. Yoo, it just really desperate situation. What will happen to Oh Jinjoo after she is doing that sense which is I find it cool of her, but SRF of course marks her as traitor from that point.

• Like 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Coming to think of it , Uncle & niece just hugged for the 1st time last night

Thanks for the video link.. Loved it! Here's another one focused on the family dynamics: :wow:

Love the parallels between uncle and niece. They really are more similar than we think. 

Am I being too optimistic to wish for a happy ending for them both?

I'm on leave from work today so will get to watch the subbed episode earlier! Might come back to post more thoughts later.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Apologies in advance for the long post... I typed this as I was watching so I have quite a lot of thoughts. 
Disclaimer: Spoilers for Ep 14!!!

The President is just despicable. He literally just said he will commit bioterrorism... What a human stain!! Even Sun-ah looked shocked that he could suggest doing something like that.

At this, I’m also slightly surprise that Sun-ah seemed to show some lingering feelings toward her old hometown and some other people... I guess she may be a twisted person, but not so far gone as compared to the likes of the President. 

Jukchang... I don’t know what to say about this dude. He fully deserves the death penalty. I just don’t agree with the way he was supposed to be executed. But this world is dystopian so I suppose it’s not too far-fetched, especially since the degree in which the audience was involved has been escalating since the very first case. 

That short part shown where the two kids were pressing the button to increase the voltage was pretty disturbing to say the least. Electrocution-scene wise, I expect some people to find it a bit too much, but I think nothing can faze me since I’ve watched The Green Mile (and THAT electrocution scene, if anyone here has seen it).

I still don’t understand why is that Jukchang guy so loyal to the President?!?! He mustn’t be in his right mind. 

I loved loved LOVED how Yohan used the President’s own words to hand out Jukchang’s sentence! “A life for a life”

The President was about to suffer a stroke after that lol.

Justice Min to Ga-on: Are you sure it was the SRF who hot Soohyun killed? (Implying that it was Yohan)

Me: How are you so sure that it wasn’t the SRF?? This goes both ways, hello?!? Prove with evidence!

Sudden thoughts since Jung Joseph was revealed to be in charge of the church CCTV:

The church fire culprit could be

1. Yohan

2. Sun-ah

3. Elijah?? (Yohan trying to hide the truth so Elijah doesn’t get hurt more)

4. Justice Min (Argh everything he says and does now is suspicious to me😂)

Who do you suspect?

Yohan reading ‘Beyond Good and Evil’ by 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quick read off wiki: 

Spoiler

In Beyond Good and Evil, Nietzsche accuses past philosophers of lacking critical sense and blindly accepting dogmatic premises in their consideration of morality. Specifically, he accuses them of founding grand metaphysical systems upon the faith that the good man is the opposite of the evil man, rather than just a different expression of the same basic impulses that find more direct expression in the evil man.

“You want someone else to fight evil on your behalf without getting your hands dirty? That just makes them accomplices.” 

(Yohan is willing to make the hard choices that no one else is willing to make.)

Then Ga-on brings up the Doctor and Soohyun who were willing to risk their lives to fight for justice but without doing any harm (unlike Yohan’s methods).

(My thoughts: But these people Ga-on brought up are now dead. Doesn’t this kind of show that without some ruthlessness, it’s impossible to bring down the greater evil i.e. the SRF?)

All the scenes of the audience only starting to press the button once they see others doing it... this jumping on the bandwagon reaction and conformity to society’s standards is so reflective of our society, especially with the use of social media. 

That look of betrayal and disappointment on Yohan’s face at the end... 

And I’m still annoyed with Ga-on. He did the one thing Yohan told him not to, which was to attack him again. 

Can’t believe there are only 2 episodes left. There’s still quite a lot of problems left to be solved.

• Insightful 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

What did Ji Sung says to Jin Young after he said that?

Jin Young was yelling so loud next to Soo Hyun's ear I was wondering if she was in pain LOL LOL.

Jinyoung: Stay strong, hyung-nim! I’ll be getting off (work) first!

Jisung: What did you say? Stay (I’m guessing JY has more scenes) here!

Jisung doesn’t want Jinyoung to leave😂

Jinyoung looked really exhausted after filming that scene lol. Can’t imagine how tiring it is to cry and scream so much 😅

Edited by im0202
  • Haha 5
2 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Jinyoung looked really exhausted after filming that scene lol. Can’t imagine how tiring it is to cry and scream so much

Yeah crying like that can be exhausting and they must have to do many takes. I love the bit that he lies down on the ground and Park Kyu Young lies beside him. :heart:

3 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Jinyoung: Stay strong, hyung-nim! I’ll be getting off (work) first!

Jisung: What did you say? You have (I’m guessing more scenes) here!

Hahahahaha I see I see.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah crying like that can be exhausting and they must have to do many takes. I love the bit that he lies down on the ground and Park Kyu Young lies beside him.

I think he actually seemed giddy after the take. Quite impressed with his acting in this drama. This is his first drama that I’m watching actually!

Hope PKY gets a more well-written role next time. I liked her character in Sweet Home better lol.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hope PKY gets a more well-written role next time. I liked her character in Sweet Home better lol.

She'll headline with Kim Min Jae for Dal Li & Gamjatang (rom-com) so hopefully this is a meatier (and better) role. I think this is also her first leading role after being noticed in Sweet Home. Technically, Sweet Home brought success to all the secondary actresses  and scored them leading roles.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

I haven’t watched with subs yet. 
@im0202 ya how are they gonna solve everything in 2 episodes? Have they finished filming? 

This is quite well done - good summary of their toxic relationship :pandaevil:

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

She'll headline with Kim Min Jae for Dal Li & Gamjatang (rom-com) so hopefully this is a meatier (and better) role. I think this is also her first leading role after being noticed in Sweet Home. Technically, Sweet Home brought success to all the secondary actresses  and scored them leading roles.

True . I have become fans of the secondary characters in Sweet Home 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ya how are they gonna solve everything in 2 episodes? Have they finished filming? 

This is quite well done - good summary of their toxic relationship

Actually I haven’t read anything about the production of this drama... but I’m guessing it’s pre-produced? It has the pre-production feel lol. Correct me if I’m wrong!

Here, another fmv with a pretty suitable song too! @abs-oluteM I’m going down another rabbit hole with all the Yohan-Elijah videos being suggested to me lol. Will be devastated if either of them d-word.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, im0202 said:

At this, I’m also slightly surprise that Sun-ah seemed to show some lingering feelings toward her old hometown and some other people... I guess she may be a twisted person, but not so far gone as compared to the likes of the President. 

Sunah-Yohan has the same motive actually, powerless is word of the reason for them. She has strong compassion to them (powerless people) especially woman. But the difference is, Sunah wants to people follow what she did to get in to the power, while Yohan wants to people follow him to get rid the power. So far it is like that to me.. ?

I'm surprised Yohan is portrayed as a really great hero by far. 

It is infuriating to see Jookchang attitude in the trial. I yelled camera please shoot his face, because audiences can know who is the evil there. He didn't control his expression, he did without mask. The president is the worst masked man ever and he brainwashed Jookchang I think.

I like when he said the "a life for a life" too. Even don't know what turbulence will happen in the future, but to bait them, that's powerful timing.

And omfg Gaon did one thing that he asked not to, that I think so nice of him: I don't care you criticize me, but I don't want you to call our trials fake. My mind goes directly to people that deceased in the team. Just quit but don't say that, Gaon. Because this:

“You want someone else to fight evil on your behalf without getting your hands dirty? That just makes them accomplices.” 

(Yohan is willing to make the hard choices that no one else is willing to make.)

Then Ga-on brings up the Doctor and Soohyun who were willing to risk their lives to fight for justice but without doing any harm (unlike Yohan’s methods).

(My thoughts: But these people Ga-on brought up are now dead. Doesn’t this kind of show that without some ruthlessness, it’s impossible to bring down the greater evil i.e. the SRF?)

All the scenes of the audience only starting to press the button once they see others doing it... this jumping on the bandwagon reaction and conformity to society’s standards is so reflective of our society, especially with the use of social media. 

and this also great emphasize. Really concerning. But I have to say, this way is really sick (the live death penalty by electrocution trial), even some people said it is interesting. And the impact to innocent people like child.. The live court stream hasn't be really rated R or what.. Damn. And these 3 original scumbag just watch it like a pure show.

the preview: this somewhat heartbreaking to me because it sounds like Yohan didn't say it because he wants to terror him, instead Gaon was the one that terrors him. It was like his frustration towards Sunah, but with Gaon, he did it with compassion. Because chief justice Min can also make the fact grey about cathedral fire and make it as a play to win Gaon back for opposing Yohan? Idk

20 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Here, another fmv with a pretty suitable song too! @abs-oluteM I’m going down another rabbit hole with all the Yohan-Elijah videos being suggested to me lol. Will be devastated if either of them d-word.

the fmv is really cool :PiplupCry: how to make it beautiful crisp like that with colors without making the source doesn't breaking up pixelated.. Haha I'm still wondering where these fmv makers find the super hd clip  :cry:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

Episode 14

I'm not sure why both Judge Oh and Ga On are so against death penalty. It's a punishment that had been around for centuries and still in effect to this day, although most countries have delayed this for as long as they can. I'm not entirely against it if it is used on the most despicable or heinous crime. My only fear about death penalty is in case the defendant was not guilty and was framed — like many crime dramas we saw where the police is under pressure to find the culprit and they ended up fabricating one and charged an innocent man. I've personally known a case like this and it was really scary times.

However for a character like Juk Chang, I don't have sympathy. Except I think death is an easy way out for him so in this sense, I disagree with giving him death. I'd have gone for torture, like some that we saw in ancient Chinese/Korean dramas. That probably will make him talk quicker.

Chief Judge Min is annoying me this episode. Death penalty barbaric? Really? I also really hate that he uses Soo Hyun against Ga On, fully knowing Ga On would cave in at the mention of Soo Hyun's wishes on Ga On. And like you @im0202 I'm also wondering if Chief Judge Min had any relation to the church fire, LOL. It's just suspicious to put actor Ahn Nae Sang in a story like this and not give him a role with a twist. Although I'd be so disappointed that he turns out to be evil because he had been a mentor and father-like figure throughout Ga On's life. I also agree that Yo Han may be hiding something to protect Elijah. He did know about Father Joseph via the preview so it confirms that he is hiding something. For Ga On to react that way though, it can only mean Yo Han may really be the one who ordered the elimination. Aish. Like I said, I hope not because then I won't get my One Happy Family in the end!

When will someone get rid of that Clown President? The actor is pretty much typecast into similar douchbag roles. He's so good at it too that it pains me to see him on the screen all the time.

The difference between Sun Ah and the Clown is that the Clown is heartless to all human races other than himself. Sun Ah is heartless to certain types of people and people who crossed her. I look forward to her intimidating Clown next week. Please please please let me see a woman put that chauvinistic rude pig in his place.

Do you guys think Yo Han will go to jail at the end to repent his sins since he did commit crime or it'll be like Taxi Driver where they remain a vigilante?

• Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

However for a character like Juk Chang, I don't have sympathy. Except I think death is an easy way out for him so in this sense, I disagree with giving him death. I'd have gone for torture, like some that we saw in ancient Chinese/Korean dramas

Yeah agreed. But maybe this will not work in his case as the President has his back and he might be out of prison again soon / escape punishment again and we’re back to square. Just like how his first sentencing went. I guess that’s why Yohan passed him the ultimate sentence.

34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

When will someone get rid of that Clown President?

From the preview, looks like Sun-ah might do us this favour and she will have the last laugh.

35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you guys think Yo Han will go to jail at the end to repent his sins since he did commit crime or it'll be like Taxi Driver where they remain a vigilante?

My pessimistic mind is preparing me for the worst case scenario

Spoiler

i.e. 💀

If I prepare myself for the worst, any other ending will make me happy, right? 😂

The part where he sat on the electric chair seemed like foreshadowing. It just didn’t give me good vibes for his character.

• Haha 5
3 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Yeah agreed. But maybe this will not work in his case as the President has his back and he might be out of prison again soon / escape punishment again and we’re back to square. Just like how his first sentencing went. I guess that’s why Yohan passed him the ultimate sentence.

Yeah I thought about this too—although my plan is carrying out the torture first before releasing him and when he's released, he is in no state to harm anyone. Regretfully Yo Han didn't have enough power to do this.

It's quite unnerving how he is going to turn the table around because he really lacks help and is fighting against those who literally own the country's armies, media, prosecution, residing judges and armies.

7 minutes ago, im0202 said:

From the preview, looks like Sun-ah might do us this favour and she will have the last laugh.

Oh please do. I somehow wants to see him become part of the poor people he so despised of. I remember hearing someone yells "President Yo Han" too in the preview.

Hahaha, true if you prepare for the worse and if it isn't the worse than you will feel better. I'm entertaining all sorts of endings. Death isn't too bad—he'll leave a legacy behind but I pity Elijah for losing her one last family. If this happens, I assume Elijah will live with Ga On. And poor Ga On, will he find a new world? A major part of me wishes no because Soo Hyun is irreplaceable.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It's quite unnerving how he is going to turn the table around because he really lacks help and is fighting against those who literally own the country's armies, media, prosecution, residing judges and armies.

True it looks so tough for him now and his team is in shambles... we never found out what happened to the young woman who was injected with something right? Wonder if she will reappear next episode.

I want the show to reveal everything about the church fire. I think it has dragged on long enough.

And yes I have to prepare myself for the worst because

Spoiler

Till today I’m traumatised by Mr. Sunshine and the endings of its characters. I livestreamed the final ep when it aired and till now haven’t watched it with subs yet 😂

I hope TDJ doesn’t come down to this LOL

• Haha 5

Ep.13 was intense... I was again watching on the edge of my seat...

Ship finally sailed, but alas, what I expected happened, arrgghhhh... not even one episode long :cry::letalQQ::pandasad: I cried rivers... Please tell me this is the last body count we have in this drama. Ep.11, 12, 13 have all ended with someone dying. Don't feel like going into 14 yet, but I've delayed enough. 

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Please tell me this is the last body count we have in this drama.

Remains to be seen but I doubt so😂 What’s more, the clowns in SRF are still alive!! Those need to go :pandagrim:

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ep.11, 12, 13 have all ended with someone dying. Don't feel like going into 14 yet, but I've delayed enough. 

Haha interested to read more of your thoughts! Come back when you’re done. I think we’re all waiting to see how President Heo’s story ends lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 7:43 PM, mademoiselle said:

I won't tag ktcjdrama in case she doesn't wanna be spoiled.

Thanks for being so considerate :heart: I didn't realise you guys are watching live... This I cannot watch live because even while watching with subs, I would switch back and forth between the English and Chinese just to understand what they're saying better. 

On 8/15/2021 at 2:23 AM, Chocolate said:

The funny thing is, I watched the episode with subs, came on here and see you guys had been live posting and so happy with the kiss. My first thought, oh dear, they don’t know she died at the end of the episode

LOL... I had the same thought as well... I was like why are people so happy about the kiss when the ending of the episode was so devastating.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, im0202 said:

Sorry but I'm still in shock at what Gaon did at the end of the episode... It's like he's undoing all of Yohan's work.

Like, what does he think is gonna happen if he outs Yohan (and his Avengers team)?? There is a bigger evil to get rid of.

Justice Min is really getting on my nerves too. Since the beginning he has always been manipulating Gaon, painting Yohan as a very evil persona and blaming him for everything. Whenever Gaon shows some kind of understanding of Yohan, he will plant seeds of doubt in his mind. Gaon really needs to be less easily swayed. I wonder if Justice Min is working for Sun-ah? Lol.

I am so upset too that Ga-On is being so wishy washy in his quest for justice. What do you want exactly?? You want to play by the rules, but do you think they'll play by the rules? I've been wary of Justice Min since the beginning, but thinking that he is the only person Ga-On is close to besides Soo Hyun (evidenced in his lawyer sworn-in ceremony) I really really hope he is not working for Sun-ah, but just a way too idealistic practitioner. His family was almost attacked before, so I'd like to think he is not on SRF side. 

10 hours ago, im0202 said:

The President is just despicable. He literally just said he will commit bioterrorism... What a human stain!! Even Sun-ah looked shocked that he could suggest doing something like that.

At this scene, I almost wish to see her redemption... but she killed people with her own hands without batting an eyelid, so I have to remind myself no redemption for her. But that stupid president is really evil. What he suggested is just so sensitive too and felt rather real given the situation we're all currently facing worldwide... makes you wonder...

That short part shown where the two kids were pressing the button to increase the voltage was pretty disturbing to say the least. Electrocution-scene wise, I expect some people to find it a bit too much, but I think nothing can faze me since I’ve watched The Green Mile (and THAT electrocution scene, if anyone here has seen it).

I felt disturbed as well watching the kids pressing the buttons. This is like the caning case all over again when the kids were acting it out... And yes, I agree, due to The Green Mile, the scene here didn't faze me either.

This is really sad... so I personally never would want to see any Live Trial come into real implementation where the people get to vote and decide. Jumping on the bandwagon, conforming to social standards, bias and prejudice, misinformed and misled, evidence and witness manipulation... too many factors that could lead to wrong sentencing. Not saying that when decided by a judge means free of mistakes and manipulations too, but I think trials should be kept solemn and not showy. 

As to whether Yohan is the devil or not... I think not. I believe he sincerely want to bring down those evil people. I like that his team, except Ga-On (duh), have faith in him. Most recent example would be as he was walking down the stairs, he still called Soo Hyun to save Ga-On. Even with excruciating pain, he still went to the already lifeless K instead of getting help for himself. He also called Elijah to ensure she is keeping herself safe. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

LOL... I had the same thought as well... I was like why are people so happy about the kiss when the ending of the episode was so devastating.

LOL, I was happy at the time because the show hadn't reached the ending bit so didn't realise the writer was gonna kill her off so quickly! xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 3