The Devil Judge / Devilish Judge 악마판사 [2021]

Darkarcana

@abs-oluteM Some lackey ordered by the Pres I think... it was a new face, so not sure who that dude was. Funny thing is I thought he was hired to kill Yohan, but then he turned tail after shooting Soohyun?!? Lol so either he was supposed to only scare the group (but ended up killing someone instead), or he is one lousy assassin 😂 I was really confused while livestreaming as to why he ran away after firing that single shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks @im0202

Naver articles are out in full force.  

https://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1461492

1628946490578650.jpg

Spoiler recaps 

Spoiler

Soo-hyeon, who received a call from Yohan that day, rescued Ga-on from a crisis situation. At that time, looking at the dead K, YoHan was shocked by his death, saying, "It's over, you just have to live your life." Yohan, shocked by Seon-ah's attack, was shot and bled profusely, and eventually collapsed. Even while he was falling, YoHan made a phone call to his niece Elijah (Jeon Chae-eun) worried about her, but she did not answer.

Then, those who helped YoHan were threatened by those sent by Jeong Seon-ah. Unlike the detective and lawyer who managed to escape, Han So-yoon (Chun Young-min) was caught. YoHan, who lost consciousness, woke up to K's voice saying, "Judge, get up. Judge, you need to get up." There were helpers in front of Yohan's eyes, and the lawyer reported that "the helpers are being attacked" and "Han So-yoon cannot be contacted."

At this, YoHan ordered to find So-yoon Han and headed home, worried about Elijah. In the house where he thought he would be alone, Elijah was with Jeong Seon-ah, which surprised YoHan. Elijah, who did not know that Seon-ah was an enemy, said, "They said there were strange men in front of the house," and "YoHan asked for it."

YoHan wants to send her to her room to protect Elijah from Seon-ah. However, Seon-ah stopped him and looked like he was threatening Elijah, and she declared an all-out war with him, saying to himself, "Now is the beginning, master." Elijah later confirmed that he had doubts about Seon-ah and saw that YoHan was injured. YoHan reassured Elijah, surprised to see him bleeding, saying, "It's okay. It's okay now.

1628946511071123.jpg

Spoiler recaps

Spoiler

Meanwhile, Soo-hyeon (Park Gyu-young) is treating Ga-on (Jinyoung), who was injured by Kim Choong-sik (Lee Hae-woon)'s attack. Gaon said, "I'm sorry. I know that Kang's method is not right, but I can't stand it." "If I don't do this, I'll go crazy. I don't even deserve to be by your side. I don't think I can live without you. He confessed his sincerity to Suhyun."

In response to Gaon's confession, Soohyun said to him, "You sound like a fool. Please don't do such dangerous things. Don't cry, don't be unhappy, and don't ruin your life. That's all I need. I only need you." . At Suhyeon's words, Gaon couldn't control his heart as he looked into her eyes and kissed her. 

On the other hand, Heo Joong-se (Beck Hyun-jin), Park Doo-man (Lee Seo-hwan), and Min Yong-sik (Hong Seo-jun) were sharing a glass of wine as if they were satisfied with Jeong Seon-ah's work. At that time, Oh Jin-ju (Kim Jae-kyung), who was being used by the Social Responsibility Foundation, came in and showed concern for the people, saying, "But how serious is the situation?"

To Jin-joo Oh, who wants to go to the relief site and help, Seon-ah said, "Our judge Oh, get ready. Prepare to take office as the judge." On this day, Kang  saw a discourse that announced, "Newspapers and broadcasting are controlled by the government, and control is completely prohibited after 10 pm." When Johan said that he had captured an evil force, he remembered his brothers Isaac Kang (Jinyoung), K, and So-yoon Han, he was unable to hold back his anger and vomited out of rage.

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Naver articles are out in full force.

I just went to peep at the comments on the video of the last scene. Safe to say the Knetz are furious and can’t see why THAT has to happen, especially with still 3 eps to go... Have to say I’m in a similar line of thought. Hope I’ll be proven wrong tomorrow!

On a other note, in the preview, when Yohan says “A life will be paid for by a life”, I got instant Shin Segi vibes again.. it’s the same voice 😅

And in this scene too:

Edited by im0202
  • Like 5

More spoiler recaps from here

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021081419131376814

2021081419131376814_2.jpg

Spoiler

However, Heo Jung-se (Baek Hyun-jin)'s atrocities did not stop at assaulting and kidnapping the poor. After ten o'clock, Heo Jung-se began a full-fledged dictatorship by blocking the passage of the people and controlling all media. Kang YH visited Heo Joong-se and was furious, saying, "What did you start doing?" But Heo Joong-se said, "Will I kill all 10 million citizens because of the human rights of those 10,000 people? As Seoul gets cleaner, apartment prices will rise. The guys who are crazy about you, and the kids who made me president. It's no different. They are the same. " 

However, Heo Jung-se, who felt a sense of crisis, announced that he would eventually dismantle the live trial and create an emergency trial with Oh Jin-ju as the judge. He said that he wanted to hold the coronation ceremony with  Kang YH and Kim Ga-on standing behind him. Jinju Oh went to the slums with Kang YH and Gaon Kim, and was  shocked  by the people who were releasing live broadcasts of the violent scenes that the government had been hiding.

Ko In-guk and Jo Min-seong's supporters cooperated with this by suppressing the broadcasting station and blocking the passage. However, the streaming of the live trial application did not stop, and Kang YH and the poor continued to broadcast while turning on their cell phone flashes at once. Kang YH raised the lights saying, "Darkness cannot overcome the light," and the poor gathered attention by fighting against bamboo spears in line with Kang's slogan. The smooth ending left a shocking ending. Yoon Soo-hyun, who came to Kim Ga-on, was shot and killed.

3 minutes ago, im0202 said:

On a other note, in the preview, when Yohan says “A life will be paid for by a life”, I got instant Shin Segi vibes again.. it’s the same voice 😅

Oh he was really good.

You know this guy who plays the President , he also played a character that was so hateful in Taxi Driver. Every time he appears , I feel like slapping him. LOL

7 minutes ago, im0202 said:

I just went to peep at the comments on the video of the last scene. Safe to say the Knetz are furious and can’t see why THAT has to happen, especially with still 3 eps to go... Have to say I’m in a similar line of thought. Hope I’ll be proven wrong tomorrow!

Looks like the writer is using this to push Ga On into going all out to support YoHan's crusade. Can't say I like this route either. Sigh. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

33 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

You know this guy who plays the President , he also played a character that was so hateful in Taxi Driver. Every time he appears , I feel like slapping him. LOL

Well that means this actor is really doing a great job! Lol.

Every time his character comes onscreen I’ll lower my earphone volume a little 😂 His voice is so grating too.

35 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Can't say I like this route either. Sigh. 

I just feel like it happened at the wrong time. We barely got any character development from Soohyun. And just when there was space for some growth, she’s killed off. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@abs-oluteM Viu Singapore has the episode at 1am. Maybe you should get a VPN just for these 2 weeks lol.

Sorry to everyone who is sad about Soo Hyun. I was surprised they killed her off so soon too, but likely her death is meant to give impetus to Ga On going full force with Yo Han. But still, so soon after the kiss... I can feel your frustration!

The funny thing is, I watched the episode with subs, came on here and see you guys had been live posting and so happy with the kiss. My first thought, oh dear, they don’t know she died at the end of the episode 😨

Sun Ah entering the house - the lesson here is, always be precise with your instructions. I was screaming at Yo Han, tell Elijah specifically not to let Sun Ah in as well. And sure enough, Elijah opened the door for her. Thank god she was only there to show off.

Yo Han says, take away my stage? I will create my own stage! 😎 But realistically, they really need so much help. They have no access to police or even hospital. For once, I thought the President had a smart idea to shut off the electricity 🤪

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 hours ago, im0202 said:

Well that means this actor is really doing a great job! Lol.

Every time his character comes onscreen I’ll lower my earphone volume a little 😂 His voice is so grating too.

yes success,

but hell no don't make more villain characters like this the voice is so loud annoying 😭 lol

2 hours ago, im0202 said:

@bairama I think you will be happy with this lol. President may be next to get wrecked.

oh, thank you! I AM! Wreck that guy Yohan

I just saw from timeline about that ending scene and goosebumps..

Will go back later after finishing ep 13

• Like 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Ugh. Woke up remembering Soo Hyun's death and how devastated Ga On is and will be. Not a nice feeling at all. This writer really has made a deep impact because every time I think of Ga On's "Soo Hyun is my world", it hurts a thousand times more on behalf of Ga On, and obviously will make a strong impression (possibly) through my kdrama watching experience. I'm not sure I'd be traumatised by it too when another drama gives me the same line, lol. Time will tell.

I find myself nodding my head for the first time with a netizen's comment to bring in Penthouse's writer and revive Soo Hyun for Ga On. LOL LOL. Anyway, I haven't watched the episode in full. Sitting on it for now. Even Glory couple's kisses didn't heal me last night before bed time.

This explains why the writer didn't even bother to develop Soo Hyun's character, huh? If I were him, I'd make it hurt even more by giving us more GaHyun memories.

And because I feel like being a sadist as well as masochist today, I'm dropping the death gifs. LOL, hey, even though I'm sad but gotta appreciate the acting.

img.gif

img.gif

img.gif

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This explains why the writer didn't even bother to develop Soo Hyun's character, huh?

this is why I'm kinda disappointed with Soohyun being the sacrifice lamb of the story. They even didn't give her character development and will be the one that d-word-for-good for some people assuming she will be on Yohan-Gaon way to fight the dark? AHHHH 😪

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

Another great read.

b98681363e9945fb9e0909838164c333.png?s=9

5 Moments From Episodes 11-12 Of “The Devil Judge” Where It All Came Crashing Down

Aug 14, 2021by shalini

The Devil Judge” takes us on a dizzying ride this week as the man with all the answers finally finds himself in a position where he has none. Kang Yo Han (Ji Sung) has always been several steps ahead of everyone else. He’s blossomed under Ga On’s (Jinyoung) companionship, and together they’ve been unstoppable. But everything comes crashing down when one of his fiercest opponents finally outsmarts him.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 11-12 below.

1. The barbershop scene

Spoiler

Our first indication that Yo Han is no longer in control comes when he opens his eyes to Sun Ah (Kim Min Jung) shaving him, his longtime barber unconscious several feet away. Yo Han’s muted, but obvious surprise is proof that he hadn’t meticulously prepared for this encounter. During the entire scene, he’s completely at Sun Ah’s mercy. And that’s a frightening position to be in.

Being Yo Han, he still manages to get inside her head. But both players are well familiar with this game, and Sun Ah knows exactly what he’s doing. At the end of the day, Yo Han’s only recently found that Sun Ah’s the mastermind behind the Social Responsibility Foundation. He hasn’t had enough time to study his enemy. Sun Ah, on the other hand, has been watching Yo Han for years. She knows his moves like the back of her hand because Yo Han has a line he doesn’t cross ever since his brother Isaac asked him not to: no innocent victims.

This is why it’s all the more dangerous that Yo Han introduces her to the people he loves the most.

2. Dinner is served

Spoiler

It’s sad watching Sun Ah enter the house that definitively shaped her life. She relives bringing young Yo Han his meals and watching him reading, and her eyes cloud over at the memory of her stealing the silverware as though she’s ashamed she had to do in order to survive. She seems so happy to have returned as a queen instead of a maid that’s it’s painful to watch her realize that she has gained nothing after all these years.

Yo Han brings her home to lure her into working with him but unwittingly gives her a taste of everything she doesn’t have: his live-in junior partner judge who cooks delicious meals for the family and makes them all smile and his prickly niece. Yo Han and Ga On seem like parents.

Sun Ah’s face falls as she realizes that she got what she wanted (money) but not what she needed (happiness). The elites are always looking for an opportunity to throw each other under the bus, so they’re not exactly friend material. That feeling is compounded when Yo Han gives her the necklace that he loves. In episode 7, he strangled Sun Ah for daring to take it. However, that was before Ga On became a part of his home, before they joined forces and took down corruption. Now, he doesn’t need it anymore. He’s giving Sun Ah what he doesn’t want while showing her what she doesn’t have. So, Sun Ah’s going to strip it all from him.

3. Death of the iron woman

Spoiler
jang-young-nam.gif

Ironically, the first person to upend Yo Han’s carefully laid plans isn’t Sun Ah. Whatever can be said about Cha Kyung Hee, there’s no denying that the woman was a force to be reckoned with. She sucked the air out of the room just by entering it, and it was painfully evident that the rest of the elites (all men) resented her for it because they have the commanding presence of a pack of chihuahuas (especially Heo Joong Se (Baek Hyun Jin)). Yo Han cornered her many times, and while she reacted as he expected on some occasions, she surprised him on others: like when she picked her career over her son.

So it’s no surprise that when cornered in the most humiliating manner, trapped her by her own tactics, this proud woman refuses to bow. Cha Kyung Hee leaves on her own terms. She’s brilliant, cruel, and powerful but hampered and overlooked by the men she had to serve. It’s awfully sad because she would have been unstoppable if she turned her back on that life. Yo Han was insulated by his wealth and gender during his rise up the ranks. Kyung Hee built herself up from nothing, and Chairman Seo (Jung In Gyeom) was her sponsor. There’s a recurring theme here as the women in this show have had to make ugly decisions and fight to survive in a men’s world. Sun Ah and Kyung Hee pulled themselves up from nothing only for men to tear them down. Their evil decisions don’t change this as it’s arguable they wouldn’t have had to turn evil if the world had been fairer to them. In this interview with tvN, Kim Min Jung mentioned that she’ll consider her job done if viewers feel empathy and pity, and it’s hard not to feel that way.

The show’s goal is to show that there’s no clear line between good and evil. There’s nothing black and white about it. Thus, it’s unfortunate that after swimming in shades of grey, this unrealistic binary rears its head once more.

4. Caught in the act

Spoiler

Yoon Soo Hyun (Park Gyu Young) and Min Jung Ho (Ahn Nae Sang) are probably the only characters in this show who still see people in a black-and-white fashion. It was only a matter of time before they found out what Ga On’s been up to, but Soo Hyun’s eternally poor decision-making upends not only her friendship with Ga On but also Yo Han and Ga On’s bond.

It’s heartbreaking because right before Soo Hyun entered, Yo Han was about say something. He watched Ga On flinch and pick through Kyung Hee’s corpse with evident concern and could tell that Ga On was in shock but forcing himself to keep going. Yo Han has always had trouble expressing his feelings but was clearly going to say something comforting. However, that moment is gone forever upon Soo Hyun’s intrusion. Yo Han tries to comfort Ga On while driving home and stands by Ga On’s side facing Soo Hyun, so it’s all the more painful when Ga On lashes out at him (as always) and abandons Yo Han and Elijah (Jeon Chae Eun) when they need him most.

Yo Han senses this is about to end badly, but instead of drawing back like he did earlier, the Yo Han who never needed anyone shatters, practically begging Ga On to stay. That final argument in his study was a powerful display of vulnerability as he alternates between trying to comfort Ga On and pleading with him to see reason. He rightfully notes that they’re up against dangerous, powerful people, and having black and white people like Soo Hyun and Jung Ho around will only harm Ga On. Soo Hyun even threatened to arrest him if he continued with vigilante justice (which literally means that Soo Hyun is on the side of the oppressor, but she can’t even understand that). But Yo Han makes the colossal mistake of asking Ga On to cut Soo Hyun out of his life. It’s a perfectly valid request, but it’s too soon. Ga On’s struggling as is, and the last time someone forced a choice on him (Min Jung Ho), he did not choose him.

Ga On yells some nonsense about Soo Hyun being his world and storms out of the house, leaving Yo Han and Elijah in tears. Now, if this was framed as Ga On needing time to deal with Kyung Hee’s death, given how his parents died in the same manner, then this would be excellent. But to awkwardly shoehorn an unbelievable romance between two characters with parent-child chemistry and turn Ga On into someone who’ll throw away justice for said terrible cop is character assassination.

Min Jung Ho seizes upon Yo Han’s weakness and demands that the live court show be dismantled and Yo Han be investigated. He lectures Yo Han about how bad vigilante justice is while having the temerity to say that his (Jung Ho’s) justice is righteous. Yo Han dryly points out that Soo Hyun and Jung Ho seem to view Ga On as a child who can’t think for himself. Jung Ho quotes Nietzsche, going on about how the abyss looks back when you gaze into it.

That’s dramatic. And rich, coming from someone siding with the elite

What a brilliant line!

But for all his sarcasm, poor, weary Yo Han loses everything overnight. His nightmares return in spades, and he can’t stop thinking about Ga On. While running, while eating, while sleeping, he thinks of the family he temporarily had.

jinyoung21.gif

zhouxus

This is powerful and heartbreaking

Yo Han valiantly still fights, but he’s numb and heartbroken. So it’s no wonder that Sun Ah captures him so easily.

5. Yo Han loses

Spoiler

The world of the elite remains male-dominated, and Sun Ah quickly discovers that joining its ranks under her real identity was a bad idea. She actually attempts to protect Yo Han from Heo Joong Se and crew’s machinations until she’s belittled (Heo Joong Se mocks that she must have slept with Yo Han!) and mocked to the point that she chooses to protect the wealth and security of her position at the expense of becoming Heo Joong Se’s dog. It’s an awful decision, but you can’t help feeling sorry for why and how she had to make it. Because between Yo Han and power, Sun Ah will always pick power.

Finding out that K (Lee Ki Taek) has been digging into the circumstances of her father’s death only adds fuel to the fire. So when Yo Han shows up to their meeting place expecting only him to be hurt (because bless the poor man, he’s so used to being hurt by others), he’s devastated to find K captured. Yo Han takes a bullet, trying to save K. While the other man begs him to leave and save himself, Yo Han determinedly keeps going to save his right-hand man because he always protects his own.

If Yo Han still had Ga On, perhaps he wouldn’t have failed. But Yo Han has no one now. And to his everlasting horror, K dies by Sun Ah’s hand. The fury and pain in Yo Han’s eyes is a sight to behold. He holds it back, numb and grieving, but vows to kill her in the most painful and lonely way, befitting her. And thus, Yo Han hits rock bottom.

Next week’s preview shows things going from bad to worse. Oh Jin Joo (Kim Jae Kyung), who seemed gung-ho about justice, sides with the elites to oust Yo Han and become chief judge. Soo Hyun remains a terrible cop who cares less about justice than about her personal vendetta against Yo Han as she hunts down witnesses to the church fire that killed Isaac (Soo Hyun, people are dying. Maybe do your job?). Sun Ah has a gun to Elijah’s head! She laughs that Yo Han is nothing more than a man with a stage. Take away his platform, and Yo Han is nothing (which is horribly true). Wounded and shattered Yo Han runs around still fighting. Someone help this man!

For a character billed as the heart of the show, Ga On remains frustrating. He keeps yelling that he wants to fight corruption but runs away the moment things get difficult. Justice isn’t easy, and if Ga On even cares about justice, he needs to understand that. He just threw away the only person who’s actually fighting for justice in favor of a terrible cop and equally awful judge (even after Yo Han helped him bring Do Young Choon (Jung Eun Pyo) to justice).

Now that’s he’s witnessed first hand just how corrupt the Foundation and President are as they frame a violent riot in a neighborhood as a virus containment effort, will he step up? Will he return to the man he so cruelly threw away ? Or will he join Soo Hyun and Min Jung Ho in spouting meaningless platitudes about justice while letting corruption run rampant?

Can these golden days return once more?

Ji Sung in suspenders should be illegal. 

Source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Eps 13 was a bittersweet episode for me. 

The deaths of K and Soo Hyun were not necessary.  But unfortunately they have both become collateral damage in this fight against Sun A and gang. I suppose now Ga On will have an even more personal reason to bring down the baddies though as far as I know he was already completely on board YH's crusade .( But some of these writers really  have a penchant for making things as painful as possible for their protagonists. Urrghh)

The silver lining was the fact that YH isn't alone here. For one I liked that Judge Oh has a conscience too and is now on YH's team. I was also glad that the lawyer and the other guy aren't dead. Sun Ah is a crazy woman , and is capable of anything . So having more people back YH up will definitely make this easier. They can't trust the law enforcers to do a thing since it is controlled by those in power Their best bet is to have the rest of the country made aware of the President's lies and galvanize their support to overthrow the present government. That entire final bit before SH's death had this Les Misérables feel to it.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

1 minute ago, bairama said:

I just saw twitter for ep 14..

Me too ...what ???  Seems that his professor had a talk with him. Waiting to see if @im0202 streamed this?

I just hope this was also staged by YH

Spoiler

As expected plenty of mourning for SH

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 5

Just now, bairama said:

I just saw twitter for ep 14..

Hide contents

Gaon is now on opposite side of Yohan?

Yes seems like it...

Spoiler

He got influenced by his mentor (Justice Min) and also from his talk with Yohan the night before.

I think Gaon still cannot come to terms with the fact that in order to fight Yohan's way, there will be collateral damage (innocent lives lost).

I'm kinda annoyed how Gaon keeps changing sides.

Also, in the preview, Gaon stabs Yohan WTF

EP 15 PREVIEW:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

E14 cuts

Ga On, the wild card, has turned against Yo Han at the end. He disagrees of death penalty for Juk Chang. Yo Han thinks the gunman was aiming at them, and convinces Ga On and gave him motivation. But Professor Min had another view on this & thinks Yo Han planned this because Soo Hyun was digging into the church fire incident and found Father Joseph. 

Have to admit it did cross my mind that Yo Han may have eliminated Soo Hyun to keep Ga On by his side, as we know, he wants Ga On as family. There's that part of me that want it be true (coz it's interesting) and another part of me hoping is false.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Aiks that is just crazy @im0202 @bairama @mademoiselle . So basically the drama is once again casting doubts on YoHan's true intentions ? :psweatduck:  I have such a bad feeling now ...kind of like the premonition I had about how something tragic will happen to SH. I don't want YH to end up lonely where everything and everyone that he cares for is gone.

----------------------

First set of recaps from Naver

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202108152147101710

202108152147101710_2.jpg

Spoiler

Ga-on Kim was grieving over the death of Su-hyeon Yoon, but suspected the culprit by saying, "Who the hell shot Su-hyun?", and Kang Yo-han (Ji Sung) said, He didn't intend to shoot Yoon Soo-hyun. He said, "He took advantage of the confusion and tried to get rid of us  judges."

“Think about what the Foundation guys did. The broadcast was stopped and the electricity in the area was cut off. There was no room for back and forth. If it didn't work, I was going to kill him altogether."  Gaon Kim said, "Then did Suhyeon die instead of me?"

Yo-han said, “I know how  you feel now - It must be hell. An eternal hell from which you can't escape. I know. because I live in it. If you have time to cry, burn those who did this to hell. That's the only way to live in hell."

Ga-on Kim said, "Did you catch the Bamboo Spear (Lee Hae-woon)? I'll start with that guy. To kill the Foundation bastards. Let's get started. I'm ready." He started revenge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I don't want YH to end up lonely where everything and everyone that he cares for is gone.

but also, that makes me think despite he looks like the 'devil' but actually, no one deserves his goodness of true intention? Hahaha Idk, Idk..

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

So at the very end of the episode, Gaon says to the press that the Live Court show has been rigged all along.

But we know this isn't the case... Right?!? Why is this show making me doubt everybody now :pandascared:

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Have to admit it did cross my mind that Yo Han may have eliminated Soo Hyun to keep Ga On by his side, as we know, he wants Ga On as family. There's that part of me that want it be true (coz it's interesting) and another part of me hoping is false.

I can't help but also feel that this is plausible, especially after Yohan apologised to Isaac saying that he can't keep his promise about not hurting/punishing innocent people anymore.

Your last sentence is me lol. Oh the dilemma!!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Tasty 1

More recaps from here

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021081519571742375

Spoiler

Ga-on Kim eventually agreed to this and vowed to catch Jukchang (Lee Hae-woon), and at a press conference, "The trial has already started. More than 5 million people have already voted guilty. If there are those who want to stop this trial, they will He is the culprit," he declared. In response, Heo Joong-se (Baek Hyun-jin) started cutting the tail, saying, "This is a sad tragedy caused by the excessive motivation  of some field workers." (basically he blamed those who were working at the site and that it was not his fault)

Heo Joong-se told Sun Ah , saying that he would spread the real virus saying, "This is necessary to be  a leader. This is a moment of sacrificing cows for the sake of the generations to come . Detonate a clear bomb, isn't it?" he said, causing shock.

Han Kang and Ga On Kim met Dr. Yoon Myung-jin, who has not seen any scientific evidence for the virus in three years, said, "I only stole the autopsy data of the deaths, and there is no meaningful commonality in the symptoms. The only thing they have in common is malnutrition. It was the region and it was the poverty that killed them, not the virus."

2021081519571742375_2.jpg

Spoiler

Kang YH  (played by Ji Sung) hired Yoon Myung-jin as a witness for the trial of Jukchang the next day, but Huh Joong-se killed Yoon Myung-jin and shut his mouth. Kang YH tried to draw the testimony that he had been instructed by Heo Joong-se (Baek Hyun-jin) from the mouth of the Bamboo Spearhead, but he bore all these responsibilities alone.

The next card that Kang YoHan pulled out was Heo Joong-se's personal broadcast.

They demanded the death penalty for Jukchang while playing a video in which Heo Joong-se said, "The death penalty is necessary for this country to function properly. People's lives should be paid for with their lives." The price is life," he shouted and gathered attention. The method of execution  was to place the Bamboo Spearhead on an electric chair and let the electricity go up according to the number of likes from the public. :pandawhat:

Min Jung-ho (Ahn Nae-sang) resigned from the Supreme Court post, saying, "This is not a scourge, it is an ambition. I will leave this Supreme Court tainted by a mad propagandist."

Kim Ga-on was confused by  him (Min) saying that SH's death could be the work of Kang Yo Han, who was trying to prevent his past from being revealed. 

Ga-on Kim, who was in confusion, tried to stop him from going to Kang Ha-han, but Kang Ha-han showed a firm look, saying, "The world I was born in has always been hell. I have no other option." Ga-on Kim eventually fell into anguish after realizing that Kang did not care about the blood of the victims, and the next day he stopped the execution of the Bamboo Spear himself and held an emergency press conference saying, "All trial trials have been rigged." 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but I'm still in shock at what Gaon did at the end of the episode... It's like he's undoing all of Yohan's work.

Like, what does he think is gonna happen if he outs Yohan (and his Avengers team)?? There is a bigger evil to get rid of.

Justice Min is really getting on my nerves too. Since the beginning he has always been manipulating Gaon, painting Yohan as a very evil persona and blaming him for everything. Whenever Gaon shows some kind of understanding of Yohan, he will plant seeds of doubt in his mind. Gaon really needs to be less easily swayed. I wonder if Justice Min is working for Sun-ah? Lol.

Also, I realised at the end that there was no Yohan-Sunah scene at all this episode. Hope there will be some next episode :pandahehe:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3