The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

3 Key Points To Anticipate In Upcoming Premiere Of “The King’s Affection”

park-eun-bin1.jpg

The premiere of new KBS drama “The King’s Affection” is only hours away!

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “The King’s Affection” will tell the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies. Park Eun Bin will star in the drama as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while SF9’s Rowoon will star as male lead Jung Ji Woon, who is Lee Hwi’s teacher.

Below are three points to look out for in the drama’s first episode.

The beginning of Lee Hwi and Jung Ji Woon’s relationship

The beautiful and secretive love story between Lee Hwi and Jung Ji Woon will begin tonight. Lee Hwi, who grew up with a precarious fate that twins must not twist in the royal throne, has no choice but to maintain a disguise to keep her crown. Amid the tense development of the suffocating and thrilling moments in the palace, she will fall in love with Jung Ji Woon, who will fatefully appear in her life as her teacher.

sf9-rowoon.jpg

Star-studded cast

Popular actors have rounded out the cast to make the love stories in the drama even more romantic. Never-failing actress Park Eun Bin will portray a female king with her excellent acting skills. This is Rowoon’s first historical drama, but he will blow life into his unique character who falls in love with Lee Hwi.

More young actors in the drama are Nam Yoon Su, VICTON’s Byungchan, Bae Yoon Kyung, and DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon. Other actors who will balance out the drama with their superb performances are Bae Soo Bin, Lee Pil Mo, Baek Hyun Joo, Go Kyu Pil, Kim Jae Chul, Kim In Kwon, Park Eun Hye, Lee Il Hwa, Son Yeo Eun, Han Chae Ah, Son Jong Hak, and Park Won Sang.

Spoiler

park-eun-bin-1.jpgthe-kings-affection-11.jpg

Song Hyun Wook’s sentimental directing

The upcoming drama will also be the first historical drama by director Song Hyun Wook, who helmed many well-known romance projects including “Beauty Inside,” “Another Oh Hae Young,” and “Marriage, Not Dating.” The director is an expert in the romance genre, subtly portraying the emotions of the couples in detail while also taking care to capture the eye-catching narratives of the other characters surrounding the leads.

Previously, Song Hyun Wook said, “If you watch the show, you’ll be able to feel happy, proud, and overwhelmed.” He will depict the characters’ affectionate and emotional lines in detail, the elegant beauty of all four seasons of Korea, and the quiet atmosphere of the drama.

Spoiler

the-kings-affection-31.jpgthe-kings-affection-22.jpg

“The King’s Affection” will premiere on October 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Party! 1

2021.10.11 TMI Quiz: Guess Who Am I by Park Eun Bin & Rowoon!

TMI Quiz

1. Answer the questions about the co-star.

2. A present will be given to the winner.

3. Loser will be punished to do selfie CAM + be the ending fairy

Round 1: Park Eun Bin

Spoiler

EB: What is my blood type?

RW: Blood type? That's easy. A.

(RW mentioned the cast have discussed about blood types before in a group)

EB: Which is my life movie?

RW: I think you have also mentioned this before.

EB: I'll give you a hint. Time-travelling.

RW: Inception?

EB: Wrong! "About Time"

RW: Ahhhh that's correct! You've said it before!

EB: What is the animal that I've got on my IG profile? Not just animal, there are two emoticons.

RW: One of them is rabbit!

EB: Correct. One is rabbit, and the other?

RW: Dog? Cat? Giraffe?

EB: It's a plant

RW: ? Didn't you say it's an animal?

EB: One animal one plant.

RW: Ahhh... clover

EB: How did you know?

RW: I was thinking what kind of plant emoticon could you use as an introduction, others don't have a meaning other than clover.

EB: Sweet & Sour Pork - dip or pour over?

RW: I'll just say what I think it is. Dipping.

EB: Wrong. Half half.

RW: Waaah... this... that's not in the multiple choice!

EB: I tend to see how others like it. It doesn't matter to me that much.

EB: This question even I don't know. Will have to see the answer.

RW: Ohhh ok ok.

EB: Short hair Park Eun Bin vs Long hair Park Eun Bin

RW: The shortest was Hello! My Twenties. Brahms was long. Stove League is a bit short.

EB: Ohhh you remember all.

RW: For me, LONG!!!

EB: Since I have long hair now I'll take it as the correct answer.

RW: Yayyy! You have a generous heart, Cho-ha.

EB: But why is it long hair better?

RW: Because your hair is long now.

EB: Pro Mint chocolate vs Anti Mint Chocolate?

RW: For me both are ok. Mint chocolate isn't exactly that tasty but also not bad. If there it is available I'll eat it and if there's none, I wouldn't eat. Since I've never seen you ate it ... Anti Mint Choc.

EB: I'm the same. I don't dislike it and I'll eat it if it's there and if there's none, I won't look for it. In this instance, we'll take it as 0.5 point.

EB: After the end of a project, I always did a signature pose. What is that?

RW: Ga On mentioned this before.

RW got it wrong and Eun Bin demostrate. She then got embarrassed and she hit Rowoon.

Round 2: Rowoon

Spoiler

RW: What is my little habit?

EB: Hint please.

RW: Hint: Face

EB: Pick your lips

RW: It's a pity. The correct answer is lick my lips. I do it when I'm nervous.

RW: What's the happiest time in a day?

EB: You... the degree of difficult for these questions are hard... night!

RW: Doing what at the time is the happiest? Such as working ... or resting...

EB: Ahhh... exercising?

RW: Wrong. It's when I'm eating rice.

EB: Ahhh that's right. Rowoon likes to eat rice.

Rowoon got embarassed and burst out laughing. EB explained that he's been keeping fit these days so he looks like he's having a hard time so she wants him to be able to eat rice.

EB: Can you eat rice now?

RW: I really love eating rice!

RW: What's the name of my pet cat?

EB: You've never told me...!

RW: Oh ok choose between 1. Choco 2. Vanilla 3. Strawberry

EB: I heard it is a chubby cat. Will the cat be upset upon hearing this?

RW: The cat will admit it itself

EB: Choco!

RW: Correct! The colour is close to brown.

RW: This is easy. My personal choice is ... choose between jelly or ice cream.

EB: He likes to eat biscuit. Jelly (looks at the staff for hint). He likes cool refreshing things, ice cream!

RW: The correct answer is ice cream.

RW: My father had a dream (fetal dream) and he dreamt that something is carrying gold. What is this 'something'.

EB: Dragon?

RW: No. It's something the country see as sacred.

EB: Cattle!

RW: It's cattle but what type...?

EB: Rhino!

RW: Oxen

RW: What's the secret to my hair? *Laugh* I'm sorry for the question...

EB: Are you seeing that I'm gritting my teeth?

Feeling apologetic so Rowoon gives her hint.

RW: Because of this it becomes difficult during summer.

EB: Does it hurt?

RW: No, it doesn't hurt. It's inconvenient... have to blow-dry. When (I) sweat the hairs fall apart...

EB: !!! Curly hair !!! Are you curly hair? I didn't know that. Ohhh. Is it because your hair is shorter now?

RW: Yeah.

*A question Rowoon came up himself*

RW: Have I eaten in the car today?

EB: Yes.

RW: Correct.

Rowoon then explained why he chose to ask another question because this question asked what is the account of his BUDDY BUDDY? Eun Bin complained that her questions and Rowoon's are too different.

In the end, Rowoon won by 0.5 points. Rowoon was given a coffee gift card and he promised to shout the staff and Eun Bin. Eun Bin is then left behind to do heart shapes and be the ending fairy to this clip.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

And Eun Bin will go up against her Brahm's co-star Kim Min Jae :scaredpanda2:

That is a Wed-Thurs show ( Dali & Gamjatang) ...it is LOTRS that Affection will compete with. My attention will be so divided now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

That is a Wed-Thurs show ( Dali & Gamjatang) ...it is LOTRS that Affection will compete with. My attention will be so divided now. 

OMG, ahahahahahahhaha oops. I got confused. Rowoon is up against his good mate, Ahn Hyo Seop then xDDDD

:pandasadspoon: Unfortunately I won't be able to watch this with subtitles tonight. It's after midnight when it'll be available. I think first episode won't have Rowoon. It's the kiddos' story first.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 4

Ok I couldn't help it and watch live.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I did not expect this - Ji Woon's father was the one who killed the real Hwi.

From how it goes I see no reason for Ji Woon to witness his dad killing but then from the preview Ji Woon did witness his dad cold-bloodedly sliced a palace lady (I'm guessing Hwi disguising as Dam at the time)...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I caught the 1st 40 mins during my lunch break . It was interesting. Basically setting the background to how our leads met . The boy that plays the young Lee Hwi & his twin sis is good & convincing in a dual role . Also recognise the young lad playing RoWoon’s character. He was also the younger counterpart for the ML in Queen of 7 Days . More grown up now of course .  ( Wrong ... he was in My Love Blooms)

I was wondering what or how they use the parrot blood to test the court maids? Like how does it work? Also at this point Lee Hwi’ dad is still the crown prince right ? 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 10/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I caught the 1st 40 mins during my lunch break. It was interesting. Basically setting the background to how our leads met . The boy that plays the young Lee Hwi & his twin sis is good & convincing in a dual role. Also recognise the young lad playing RoWoon’s character. He was also the younger counterpart for the ML in Queen of 7 Days. More grown up now of course . 

I was wondering what or how they use the parrot blood to test the court maids? Like how does it work?

I like the child actress' performance! She was really good. She changed her voice when she played Hwi, I thought that was very well done. Had a look at her filmography and she's in a lot of dramas we've seen too. The child actor as Ji Woon I remember him the most as young JCW in Healer hahaha. I find him a bit stiff though. Personally, I would have loved it more if Ji Woon was played by the child actor Moon Woo Jin or Choi Seung Hoon (LDH's younger brother in Youth of May). Regretfully Choi Seung Hoon was already playing Haram in Hong Cheon Ki, hahaha!

I had a look at the parrot blood you were talking about since I watched in C-subs and parrot blood wasn't directly mentioned. Turns out it was a 4 characters Hanja (金絲未斷). First two words (Jin [gold] Si [thread]) means the girls' hymen and the last two words (wei duan) mean "not broken".

It is a tradition (from China) to test the virginity of the girls. All girls who entered the palace are considered the King's women so they must be a virgin. A drop of parrot's blood is dripped onto the girl's wrist and it must stayed as is. If it flows down then it means the girl is not a virgin and fail the test. A superstitious, unscientific, stupid test :laugh:

On 10/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Also at this point Lee Hwi’ dad is still the crown prince right ? 

Yeah at this point, Hwi's father is still a powerless Crown Prince. I am thinking he's likely a puppet King from episode 2 onwards.

The_Kings_Affection-Yoon_Je-Moon.jpg Because this guy Han Ki Jae (Hwi's grandfather) is the trusted servant of the current King and is building his power & he convinced the King to execute Hwi and Crown Prince's teacher. The political bits aren't exactly new.

I'm more interested to see who Ji Woon's father kill in front of him, if not Hwi, that led Hwi disappointed in his father. This arc was completely unexpected (although not exactly never happened before in dramas). So far I find his father rather cruel and cold-blooded. Poor boy. He's going to be in so much difficult position in upcoming episodes especially after falling for Dam. I'm guessing he would have to make a choice in bringing his own father down in the end. I think this show isn't exactly going to have the happiest sort of ending since the crimes were literally committed by both OTP's families.

Oh yeah, while Ji Woon's father hunt Hwi down on the street, I cannot stop wondering if that was possible and how no one stops him. Shouldn't there be guards/police around...?

And @abs-oluteM remember him? He was your avatar for a week or so. :lmao2:

Spoiler

FBfJW13VIAIJhln?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

And @abs-oluteM remember him? He was your avatar for a week or so. :lmao2:

Omg ...Start Up ML's cousin right ? He looks so different here

I still have to finish the last 20 mins once my class is done.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4