The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Oh no, a love triangle is brewing, it seems... 

Yet to watch the eps....so Lee Eun likes Hwi romantically ? ( it would be faux BL or something, and also so strange given they are cousins) 

This post was spot on. LOL! 

I personally hope no full on love triangle too . I can't do this ... :BulbaConfused:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

41 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

New oppa alert! New oppa alert!... :wow: The name is Choi Byung Chan. Take note

Oh my , you are right....I need a bodyguard like this

This person  made this  Tik Tok & used the Bodyguard song . LOL

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

okay, why are there so many good-looking men surrounding Dam-I??!! Makes me want to have to pretend to be Lee-Hwi too! :laugh: Must be hard to have to pretend to be a guy when all you want to do is be wooed by these men. 

Crushing hard on Rowoon, Nam Yoon Su and Choi Byung Chan. Ladies, it looks we'll have to be constantly wiping the drool off our screens! :cool:

by the way, what is a "samgaebang"? Why is it so bad?

• Haha 5

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Gosh... episode 4! This show just keeps getting better.

I really liked the lesson from the Lotus flower that Ji-Un gave. It's exactly what Lee-Hwi (Dam-i) needed to hear from him. Hopefully she'll realize that he is nothing like his father.

The grandmother seems to like Hwi and I really appreciated the words she said to the Hwi's father, reminding him that Hwi is the crown prince and should not be ignored in favour of his other son. I do wonder though what her true motives are.

I really like both Ji-Un and Hyun! I can't wait to see how the rest of it unfolds especially when they realize she's a woman.

Another thing that has been crossing my mind is what happens when it's time for Hwi's marriage. What was the plan then? She won't be able to escape marriage as it's an important part of royal life. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Haven't see episode 4 yet...but even from episode 3... I think I'm getting mild second lead syndrome :lettalKWA:

I'm not sure what it is, but the second lead is cute in my opinion. I think for some reason he reminds me Chae Jong Hyeop, who I already like. :heart:

Nam Yoon Su...I think he was the young cop from Beyond Evil. I didn't notice him much then...but now...

gG4Xr8K.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm not sure what it is, but the second lead is cute in my opinion. I think for some reason he reminds me Chae Jong Hyeop, who I already like.

You know what? I had a hunch you would say that! I think it's the lower part of his face/smiles (dimples) similar to CJH! 

This PD is sneaky. He not only hire Rowoon, but also make sure his other supporting male actors are good-looking too! Just how desperate he is to win all the ladies' hearts for this drama? Hahahahaha. 

I've only watched half of episode 4 during lunch. Love that scene of Eun Bin with Rowoon confrontational scene. Eun Bin was awesome with her facial expression and same for Rowoon.

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

So far so good... I've managed to not only survive 4 episodes but enjoy them. It's been a while since I've been able to cope with a fusion sageuk or one dominated entirely by youngsters. 

I am generally impressed with how the characters are written but especially Jung Ji-un. Episode 4 really showcased his decency as a human being and the depth of his thinking as a scholar. It's not hard to see why despite her own misgivings and the presence of the attentive Lee Hyun, she will fall for him again. All male leads should be that impressive. Even if he's a tad anachronistic. Virtue should trump intelligence but I won't complain if we get both :D.  Ji-un stuck his neck out not just for his friends but for the importance of maintaining one's virtue despite the pressure to play the political game. What he did during the examination was truly radical. He argued for the individual to stand against the system and not allow the system to overwhelm or influence the individual to the point that they lose their virtue or principles. It's people who perpetuate the system. Of course there's a price to pay for elevating the individual's conscience as the ultimate arbiter of what's right or wrong but no one can say that Ji-un doesn't live by his own precepts. At that moment during the examination he became The Royal Tutor -- the exemplar of that position. He defied her expectations teaching her a valuable lesson while modelling moral courage rooted in conviction. I fear that history may repeat itself though because the previous crown prince's tutor ended up dead for his convictions.

In many ways Ji-un poses a danger to Yeon-seon. Not only because she will fall for him (and that will bring its own kind of trouble) but also the fact that he will influence her thinking about the world they live in and shake the status quo up. She might not want to play it safe forever because of his presence. He could potentially be far more dangerous than say, an assassin or another faction in court politics. In terms of values and worldview, he's a person that doesn't belong in the palace and the fact that he was dragged into that space kicking and screaming is ironic because he's already proven not to be a conformist. I'm sure the minister and the royal inspector will rue the day they tried to bring him into the fold.

It seems almost obvious that Lee Hyun knows that Lee Hwi is a woman. At the very least, he seems to be attracted to her. If they're close, it would be easy enough for him to find out her real identity. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Episode 4

Hmm, I'm also not sure why "Samgaebang" is bad when it is just a clinic. Perhaps it is because "gae-bang" is not a good word and there are a lot of women (including courtesan) visiting the clinic, and Ji Woon also goes to the courtesan house.

Rowoon's shirtless scene was so unnecessary (and it was different to the highlight preview too! - why edited out, KBS?). Clearly it was all for fan service. Too bad we don't get more from this scene in the BTS. Tsk. LOL. Would love to see Eun Bin's real reaction to all that skin, kekeke.

When Hwi/Dam expressed her displease with "birds of feather flock together" when Lee Hyun asked about Ji Woon. Bwahahaha! The look on Hyun's face was gold since he's one of those birds. :lmao2: 

I really enjoy the controntational scene between Hwi-Woon. Even though I know Ji Woon will not be hurt but I didn't know how it will play out so the thrill was there and I found my muscles all tightened and holding my breath at that very moment when Hwi released the arrow. That was very good performance from both actors.

I don't think the grandmother necessary said all those to the King because she cares about Hwi's well-being. It's just hard to trust anyone in the palace. There's power play involved and she's also maintaining her power by not allowing other factions becoming too strong that will threaten her power. From Hwi's questioning towards Ga On on who he works for indicated there are 3-4 separate factions at play now (Grandmother, Queen, King and grandfather). I sincerely hope Ga On eventually become Hwi's person too. I'm curious what his backstory is. Must say I do have a weakness for stoic, quiet male character!

I like that Ji Woon has guts challenging not only Dam/Hwi, he's also standing his ground towards his father and Minister Han. The political play here is something to look forward to. I just hope the show can maintain & stay strong till the end. With this exam, it opened up the door for Hwi/Dam to see Ji Woon in a new light as well, and I look forward to them becoming friends.

Lee Hyun's action towards Hwi continues to confuse me but I think he knows her identity because it is just weird that he would buy her a ring. Unless I've to apply a "modern" view into this fusion sageuk that he's buying a ring for a man. I don't know, I think from his actions he knows Hwi is a she. I might change my mind again next week, hahaha!

Edited by mademoiselle
Gaaaah grammar mistakes!
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 10/19/2021 at 4:06 AM, ktcjdrama said:

PEB, is getting more and more convincing in her manners as a male. It’s just her petite size that’s still a bit hard for me getting used to. But well, nothing can be done about it. 

Hahaha, she's so tiny compared to her towering co-stars....but she does cool and glarey well. I'm always charmed by her! :heart:

On 10/19/2021 at 7:46 AM, Mouse said:

@mademoiselle I am starting to crush on Rowoon. Care to share your oppa? :wow2:

I think I have a problem....I am currently crushing on every second character :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I definitely, definitely have second lead syndrome :heart: But both Rowoon and the bodyguard are so damn pretty. And of course, I have a girl crush on PEB. I'm pretty doomed to make heart eyes at everyone in this drama. :wow:

On 10/19/2021 at 11:13 AM, mademoiselle said:

:wow2: Are you adopting??? Sure!!!

Hahaha so generous to share your Oppa without jealousy! :lol:

On 10/19/2021 at 4:21 PM, mademoiselle said:

For some reason, he’s walking in a stream, and he’s completely topless.

No reason was required :laugh: We would have just accepted that he walks around like that if they never explained anyway. But I do feel like the scenes were edited without too much body exposure? 

On 10/19/2021 at 8:07 PM, mademoiselle said:

why do I get the vibe that he likes men? I mean, his character description makes him even more fishy!

He's looking at Dam with ♥-♥ heart eyes, don't you guys think? I mean, he's even custom made a pen for Dam! But a couple of scenes and expressions seem to hint he knew Dam is a woman. Please tell me I'm wrong but so many dramas I'm watching are touching on this topic that it is hard not to suspect!

I think his character in the webtoon/ manhwa is a character who likes Lee Hwi before he knows she is female. I'm not sure if this have been changed for the drama though. But maybe it's just that he likes Lee Hwi as a person, regardless of gender. I have always thought that that is actually a very strong kind of love - like it's caring for the actual person rather than specifics of the person :idk:

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wasn't paying attention then... I got the impression she wanted to brand the face and I thought, how evil!

That's what I thought!!! :pandarage2:

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@mademoiselle I did try to make a list of pond drowning, but I could only come up with Mr. Queen, Rooftop Prince, The Last Empress. Pretty sure there are more

This is already a lot...who knew ponds were such popular murder weapons back in anicent Korea? :idk:

17 hours ago, Mouse said:

Crushing hard on Rowoon, Nam Yoon Su and Choi Byung Chan. Ladies, it looks we'll have to be constantly wiping the drool off our screens! :cool:

Hahahaha bring on all the hotties :wow2::wow:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

2021.10.20 VICTON Choi Byung Chan

For those of you who eyes have wandered off and crushed on the bodyguard, Kim Ga On!

Do you guys like him cute or cool? xD

We got dimples ^ ^

More pictures → HERE

Lovely 7 minutes... I hope his character will not be like the Kim Ga On from Devil Judge :laugh:

Cute and cool, both likey... :wow: It was like love at first sight for me.

Dimples definitely a great bonus!

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You know what? I had a hunch you would say that! I think it's the lower part of his face/smiles (dimples) similar to CJH! 

This PD is sneaky. He not only hire Rowoon, but also make sure his other supporting male actors are good-looking too! Just how desperate he is to win all the ladies' hearts for this drama? Hahahahaha. 

Hahahaha I think you are good at predicting my tastes :laugh: Yeah, I think it's because he's a smiler. It's me and @Tofu that have a weakness for guys with good smiles. And he has those baby dimples at the corner. It's a little hard to resist when he also gazes into PEB's eyes. I die. :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Cute and cool, both likey... :wow: It was like love at first sight for me.

22 minutes ago, JenL said:

I think I have a problem....I am currently crushing on every second character. I definitely, definitely have second lead syndrome. But both Rowoon and the bodyguard are so damn pretty. And of course, I have a girl crush on PEB. I'm pretty doomed to make heart eyes at everyone in this drama.

LOL the problem with Havenite girls, we can't be loyal to one guy :lmao2:@JenL I do wish you would love RW a lil' bit more but I think no luck again with a CJH look-alike in the mix. Aish! LOL.

22 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, she's so tiny compared to her towering co-stars....but she does cool and glarey well. I'm always charmed by her!

Yeah I enjoyed the scene where she yelled 5 steps! You've watched episode 4 already, right?

15 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yeah, I think it's because he's a smiler. It's me and @Tofu that have a weakness for guys with good smiles.

It's a particular kind of smiles... maybe with "raised cheek" wide smiles? I think that is the similarities between Jasper, CJH and Nam Yoon Su. If we talk about just smiles in general, Rowoon's smiles are killing me in here too but it's just not the kind you guys are weak at knee for :laugh:

===

Speaking about ponds, @ktcjdrama I thought it was a lake that Mr. Queen and The Last Empress fell into? I think Moonlight Drawn by Clouds also have one scene (I vaguely remember PBG was wet), and then there's Hong Cheon Ki, although again, I can't be sure that's a lake or a pond either hahahaha.

====

@ktcjdrama Bwahahaha I'm sure this Kim Ga On isn't like the Ga On in The Devil Judge xDDD

Bringing in more hotties GIFs! I'm so happy to see more GIFs now. Was thinking why no one giffing it on Tumblr when they all look so pretty! I hope you guys don't mind the spamming but I'm happy to cut it down xDDD Hunting can be tiring. Hahaha.

10cc32b7aae257a529b2743e2d15fff38e025661

Spoiler

d27b2ae1fd645cf734d8372763ba0f59063bb981dc57f735e89a595c0a443fd3a6ea4a29b2d7da75ae91da3f0e241b08f6caee8499b74a3115c7962b7b535fbbdc5a3273f3090554c90a2420d98a811eec08bec6c0a58c0b2c9ae502901a9918cae28dadf434b500eaa58a2b1bad9c74b4849d0fdf0084a71c7d042144a64b35edbc42ba7175278a859c8568

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I don't know about you guys but I am enjoying all the faces/expressions Rowoon is making in episode 3 and 4, especially this scene :lmao2: I haven't been able to find other gifs of other faces he made yet in this one scene...

TKA-twt-gif-49.gif

This one too is like :wow:

img.gif

And another smile @Mouse

img.gif

source: wise sw, oui, r_wgif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 3