The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

On 10/28/2021 at 10:25 PM, mademoiselle said:

Rowoon: Then I'd have no other choice but to end my life if you don't adopt me...

I am crying from laughing so much. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

@Mouse I think the Queen was driven by not wanting to upset her father and also wanting to keep Dam-I alive. It's going to be interesting to see what everyone does when they find out that the Crown Prince is Dam-I and not Hwi.

Like everyone else said, for Dam-I to continue living as Dam-I, she'll probably have to fake her death. I guess soon it will be time for her and Ji Woon to run towards a cliff and jump off (to fake their deaths) as they are being chased by the royal army. :laugh:

• Haha 5

E8 Preview

OOMG OMG OMG!!! What the heck did I just see in the last bit :shocked2: Ji Woon must be drunk! Hahahaha OMG, he better not forget he BOBO Dam-i. :laugh:

And dang it, I supposed Ga On saving Hwi and being sliced on the back is true to the webtoon BUT BUT BUT... I wanted that to be Ji Woon :pandasadspoon:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 3

Episode 8

That was a nice turn-around by Dam-i at the court, and I was delighted that she mustered up the courage and stood up to Minister Han. It a memorable moment as Dam-i who mostly avoids meeting Minister Han's eyes this time stare straight at him with her eyes shining with determination and confidence. All these years, Dam-i has been keeping her head down trying to keep herself alive one day at a time and the fact that she is an imposter that she couldn't stand as confidently as could as a Prince/Princess so it was a nice and welcome change. She's having more smiles as well because of Ji Woon, and noticed by Lee Hyun. Sorry Hyun, uri Dam-i was a dead fish which only Ji Woon can revive :eeeee:

I'm still lacking knowledge of sageuk, is it an inappropriate profession for a Yangban (nobleman) to be a Physician? Why would Ji Woon's family become a hot topic gossip? Or is it just because his actions are the reason for the scrutiny? Per the character description, Ji Woon's mother is always supportive of Ji Woon; however, she is just like any other mothers who worry of her child and wants nothing more for her son to be home with her. That led me to wonder where has Ji Woon been staying all this time? I always thought Samgaebang is where the siblings and Ji Woon reside but when Shin So Eun visited Samgaebang, it looked like no one had been there since it was ransacked.

So it was a combination of being considerate of his parents and gratefulness towards Hwi that Ji Woon decided to stay. I'm glad we're spare of more Ji Woon swooning at Hwi scenes and moved on to being a puppy jumping cheerily around Hwi. It's not necessary scene but I still thoroughly enjoy it and likely an intended contrast to episode 3 of OTP's first meet.

img.gifimg.gif

I enjoyed the gukbap scene between Hwi, Ji Woon, Hyun and So Eun too except it was too short. The editing there is extremely choppy. Felt like there should have been more in that scene and was forced to cut short. Hmph. The highlight of that scene is obviously Dam-i showing first sign of jealousy and her rejection towards Ji Woon hurts Ji Woon's feelings (great expression there by Rowoon) and Lee Hyun being perceptive of her overreaction.

The strain between Minister Han and Queen Dowager have begun, which may threaten Hwi's Crown Prince's status should Queen Dowager decides to join hands with the King. Also interesting clues have surfaced. The King didn't want Hwi as Crown Prince and then there's the mention of Gyeom... who is he? There appears to have more backstory we don't know yet.

Ok, here comes the rant.

Spoiler

The poorly spoken Chinese bit was expected so not going to dwell on that. However, the attires for both Joseon and Ming should be fairly similar in design and materials but my visual felt largely tainted because the Ming's attires look so damn cheap. :GengarPout:

I'm rather confused of the envoy's identity. I thought the envoy would be a Chinese but from the flashback he seems to be a Joseon citizen and due to his experience, felt betrayed by his home country and hence despises the royal family. And since the Vice Minister of Rites isn't the most powerful one who is visiting Joseon, I honestly can't see the point of Ji Woon being present would facilitate or help this visit. The envoy is such a tyrant. It felt really good when Dam-i beats the crap out of him. Obviously that's bad news but then that also makes it interesting to see how it'll all play out in tonight's episode. Looks like The Three Musketeers have been formed between Hwi, Ji Woon and Hyun to turn this around. My guess is they tried to find out the envoy's dirt and potential use it against him. If they can resolve directly that would be the best because putting the envoy in trouble with the Emperor would also put Hwi in a difficult position with evil Minister Han.

Lastly, how good was this angry eyes from Park Eun Bin? :hearties:

img.gif

source: This, too

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2