The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

I love eps 8 too. Actually appreciate that we had some fight scenes here. Though the Ming Envoy was so awful, it turned out he also had his own sad backstory. In NF they kept calling him the Chief Eunuch. Was he? Of the Ming Empire? Thought that wasn't quite the right translation.

Am happy that @ktcjdrama's pretty bodyguard has some backstory. I was wondering if he would just stand there all the episodes with nary a line to say. :poliWeird:. But at least now we know he was Hwi's dead tutor's son. This will get interesting. When the Dowager Empress hired him , am wondering if she knew? Is this her way to gain some control over Hwi too and keep an eye on him as clearly she and Hwi's maternal grandfather's relationship are quite rocky too. I can tell she favours Hwi but she is not exactly best friends with the grandfather. 

I find all the scenes of Ji Woon and Dami very sweet but tinge with some sort of sadness as well . I don't know how this is all going to work out for them. If they are going to be together , she will have to reveal her identity and that would mean death. The only way this can end "happily" is they escape somewhere ...but how is that possible? 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Saw this on Tumblr:

I can’t believe so many of you are missing the two best KDramas of 2021.

The King’s Affection

692ce99f70b093d64bcf09de7286b08c872696f7

• Park Eun Bin looking flawless and making everyone in the audience want to marry her/him
  • Complicated female lead who kicks ass
  • Gender trope reversals galore
  • Male lead as bi icon - he’s 100% in love with a man, your honor
  • Great story pacing which is tricky for a sageuk
  • HOT BODYGUARD YES
  • Found family vibes w/ CP and her crew
  • Rowoon also having the time of his life in this role Hahaha so true!

The other drama is Dali & Gamjatang (aka Dali & the Cocky Prince)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Saw this on Tumblr:

I can’t believe so many of you are missing the two best KDramas of 2021.

The King’s Affection

• Park Eun Bin looking flawless and making everyone in the audience want to marry her/him
  • Complicated female lead who kicks ass
  • Gender trope reversals galore
  • Male lead as bi icon - he’s 100% in love with a man, your honor
  • Great story pacing which is tricky for a sageuk
  • HOT BODYGUARD YES
  • Found family vibes w/ CP and her crew
  • Rowoon also having the time of his life in this role Hahaha so true!

The other drama is Dali & Gamjatang (aka Dali & the Cocky Prince)

If I may draw your attention to... look at the all caps point!:lmao2: Truly the best discovery of the year. :wow:

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love