The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

2021.11.08 E9 New Stills

Hahahahaha Ji Woon & his imagination!

a73d089cgy1gw7jw5jxqdj21900u047m.jpg

a73d089cgy1gw7jw5atjlj21900u0wnl.jpg

2021.11.08 E9 Pre-release Cut - HILARIOUS!

In summary, Ji Woon's heart is palpitating really fast and after describing all his symptoms to his colleagues, one of them told him he is love sick and asked which "woman" did it to him. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

Don't hate me, @mademoiselle. I got lost in watching Duel so I haven't watched episode 8 of this yet. 

But all these photos!! :wow:

LOL, I don't know I should be happy or sad coz for one, you are watching Duel (immersed in it so you're lost?)... YSJ is also my Oppa. Hahaha. But yeah, hope you'll catch up soon and eeeeek, the ep9 pre-release of Ji Woon freaking out is hilarious!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It didn't delay so I watched live (missed the front though) and OMG that kiss was real! 🤯😵😱😳😲😯😮

Did not expect it!

What do you mean? Like she kissed him back after he pecked her cheek? :hug:

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

O gosh... I cried at the end of ep.9 and my tears wouldn’t stop even as I am typing now... Wrong reaction? But that’s truly how I feel for these two. How are they going to be together?? There are sooo many obstacles, and people, that they have to overcome. Good thing is that it seems Hyun will be in support of them. O gosh... we’re only at ep.9 of 20. What else will happen? The angst is coming and I can already imagine the tears I’m going to shed for these two. I appreciate we still get some laughs, like I literally was ROTFL when he discovered the special gift was also distributed to his colleagues, but will comic be still laced into the 2nd half of the story? 

And those dice shown are always telling us something... not positive messages... I will try to screenshot later when it’s become available outside of Netflix. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Do you guys think the King already knows the CP is a girl? That’s why he tried to delay the royal marriage? But the way he is being harsh on her made me think otherwise. Unless he only wants his other son to be his successor. Or he does detest CP because of the grandfather. 

The title of the drama suggests that Dam will eventually become King. So current King will die or abdicate his throne? I guess we will see the royal wedding happening after all. 

Sigh, my eyes swollen from crying last night. I must now be wary about the timing to watch this drama. It may not be as soon as it comes out at night before bed anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I just finished with subs. @ktcjdrama Right now it doesn't seem like the King knows that Hwi is a girl. I believe it is still because the marriage ( and having an heir ) will only serve to strengthen Hwi's position as the CP. The King seems to favour the younger son or so it seems. But who knows. What is made clear in eps 9 , is that Prince JaeUn has put two & two together about Dami/ JiUn's childhood encounters and being each other's 1st love. I hope he remains their ally and not turn out to betray them some way or other.

I watched eps 9 with a heavy heart & teared up at a number of scenes. So many one way , unrequited love lines on display but the most heart squeezing one was still the encounters between Dami & Ji Un. When he asked her for a hug and she reciprocated without hesitation, it felt really unfair that they could never openly embrace their feelings. Dami needed that hug as much as he did. Also JiUn’s confession was courageous & groundbreaking in those times since he will have  to overcome barriers where  social status is concerned & to love someone of the same gender. He clearly has no idea she's a woman. All he is coming to terms with is that Hwi is the one that makes his heart ache. In the preview, he's going as far as to say that he is willing to bear any form of shame. This is really love. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Have not watched last night's episode yet cos of work (can't wait for the work day to end so I can watch 2 episodes back-to-back tonight!), but dropping by here to catch a glimpse of what might have transpired last night. 

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Do you guys think the King already knows the CP is a girl? That’s why he tried to delay the royal marriage? But the way he is being harsh on her made me think otherwise. Unless he only wants his other son to be his successor. Or he does detest CP because of the grandfather. 

The title of the drama suggests that Dam will eventually become King. So current King will die or abdicate his throne? I guess we will see the royal wedding happening after all. 

Sigh, my eyes swollen from crying last night. I must now be wary about the timing to watch this drama. It may not be as soon as it comes out at night before bed anymore. 

Without having watched yet what happened, it's always possible that when queen told him to protect their child, there could be some missing scenes between that statement to him and her taking her last breath. Who knows? Maybe he knows and that's why he's conflicted about the predicament the late Queen has placed on him by having a girl masquerade as the CP - talk about major social taboo! He will lose his head too and favour with whoever has been supporting him all this while. I actually don't know how much he as a father wanted to keep both son and daughter at the time. 

I also thought from the title she will take on the throne. Anyway, it's a purely fictional drama. If Cixi could have taken the throne as China's first female Emperor, why couldn't it have been possible even if in fiction, for a lady to take on the throne too? I'd like to see how this unfolds (I hope this is the story line) and she reveals herself as female royalty of calibre to run the nation.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

There are many words that I want to put into writing but my heart is aching right now with the love story that our leads have. If we will look into it, it's already doomed in the beginning. Unless Hwi will abdicates her throne but outing as a woman would be means death to her right? 

I love episode 9, it was very lovely but at the same time it was very sad. The roller coaster of emotions I had while watching. I am so entertained how confused Ji Un is. I am so happy when he confessed his love for Hwi, surely love really knows no boundaries and gender. But my heart is aching that two people who love each other cannot be together. 

Let me tell you how I feel regarding their kiss. I don't know but I burst in tears watching this. I was so immersed in the scene because I feel like what Hwi's feeling transcend within my heart. The love, longing, sadness and happiness at the same time. I felt all of that. 

Rowoon sealed the deal for me. He's really a good actor. Ji Un is tailored suit to him. He bring the best out of his character. He's so dammed good that I read many praises regarding his portrayal. I'm hell one proud noona for him. 

Can I also ask a hug? It hit hard 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 9 is a bittersweet episode for me. I empathize with Ji Woon's confusion in the earlier scenes but I enjoyed watching Rowoon as Ji Woon experiencing all those roller coaster emotions — on cloud nine thinking he's the only one who got a gift from Hwi to being disappointed to denying he likes Hwi, to freaking out and acceptance.

For me, it was the hugging scene that made me sad. I didn't expect Dam-i would reciprocate. It was very well acted out by the both of them. Ji Woon wanted to confirm his feelings that's why he requested the hug whereas Dam-i wanted to be close to him via skinship one last time before the wedding. Obviously I totally did not expect the kiss on the lips was real. The confession... where will this lead them to? Next episode Dam-i sneaks out and spent a day with Ji Woon; however, it also look like later that day she gave him an envelope and we have a voiceover from Ji Woon asking her if she wants him to leave. :cry:

As for the politics bit, hmm. The clue is there. The King wants to weaken the Minister Han's power so it makes sense he wants to push back the wedding. A wedding means addition of alliance and strengthen the alliance further so it is understandable he wants to avoid that. The King also knows Minister Han is grooming a private army and he's preparing his own. It seems like there's also backstory to how the King becomes King based on Minister Han's convo with the King's eunuch. As we know Jung Chae Yeon plays the Crown Princess, and her father is in line with Minister Han therefore we know that Minister Han's power became stronger. Either the King dies of illness (unlikely he seems healthy), or poison/assassination or we will have a coup d'état. Whatever the result, I think Minister Han will win because Hwi became King later based on the posters.

What is interesting is ... is that mean we'll have a time jump? Can Ji Woon and Dam-i keep their feelings under wrap until the change in the throne? :pandathink: I was surprised Shin So Eun was also at the Crown Princess selection. I would think she will now refuse to go because she is crushing on Ji Woon. But then I guess she doesn't have a choice as all unmarried women from the Noble household is mandated to attend.

283257ce8e3ab41e621e6ad2e104827768fe5a6c

Spoiler

991eb8aa9d666ba1e8fd82cddd4322592d720bc0211772839a36aa7d42362d43720c5c830a059de86b8f96ab750d83ecb165ef099c1dff7fe6ac3b68c9133e067abe3e6e70df8004aeb7e5ba05cad575

70676d0aaeb0877b519d7c7e92461bbd83de98cb

Spoiler

f192e0bcb08e303ceb5be3491474f5cc6dde8a62b54c028a4c763326c476f6e377d61b9d827dd196

fa8d981f00bb55d3971eb65c137d305d442a04c9

source

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1