The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

@mademoiselle I love how she was searching for some reaction from him , and our poor boy - there must be so much confusion! Can't wait for tonight

This twitter say translates what he told her

Spoiler

This Naver article gives some spoilers

The preview video released before the main broadcast today (22nd) contains a happy time where you can find the clue. Hwi, who was wounded, fell asleep in Jiwoon's arms, and Jiwoon's eyes looking at Hwi warmly. Jiwoon's promise of love continued to Hwi who sayed, "If you stay with me, you will have to live as a fugitive for the rest of your life." The beautiful and affectionate love of the couple is maximized by the warm sunlight illuminating the forest with trees and flowers.

However, this time is not expected to last long. This is because the persistent pursuit of government troops, including Jeong Seok-jo, has continued, and news of Hyejong's sudden death has also been reported. Moreover, at the end of the video above, Hwi's tearful voice is ominous, saying, "You must not come near me anymore."

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Eps 13 Spoilers

image_readtop_2021_1089622_1637587021485

On this day, Hwi said, "Why don't you ask anything about me? I know that you must very surprised. I know that you are resenting me for cheating on the official documentary."
Rowoon said, "Yes, I'm resentful. It's me, not you (that I am angry with) ," and "I'm sorry. I didn't notice earlier." (that he failed to recognise her) 

Hwi said, "We were twins. My brother and I , who were the grandchildren of this country, he died, and I took his place instead. People have been deceived and I have been living another  person's life." Hearing this, Jung Ji-woon comforted her by saying, "Tell me about the difficult things later. Right now, your body comes first." (she needs to get well first) 

When she replied, "Maybe I won't be able to tell you everything later," Jung Ji Woon said, "It's okay if you don't say anything. Nothing has changed anyway. Isn't the person in front of me right now? That's it. It doesn't matter as long as you're that person. "

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 14 Preview

Waaaa~ another kiss... Ji Woon is seriously risking his neck. xD

Hmm from what I understand of the preview, Ji Woon asked to stay until her wound is healed. Hyun also finds out that Ji Woon knows Hwi is a she and he asked Ji Woon to sort out his feelings. The last bit where he saw Ji Woon kisses her, Ji Woon's voiceover says Your Highness is now everything in the world to him.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 13 Spoilers continued.

1a1a0180-ee7a-4832-bbe2-e89e159b7d52.jpg

At this, Hwi worried, "If you're with me, you'll have to live as a fugitive for the rest of your life. You'll have to hide away from your family and friends," but Jung Ji-woon said, "It's okay. It's similar to the life I've been dreaming of." 

He said, "When I leave this place and get to a safe place, the first thing I will do is to find a small thatched house. Perhaps it would be better to be near the sea, because I would have to take a boat to catch fish. And when the market day comes, we'll go out together. There, I'll secretly buy a small gift for you ." He imagined a life they could live together. 

The next day, Lee Hwi and Jung Ji-Woon went to a nearby city to put on new clothes and had a good time. However, while Jung Ji-woon went to buy something, mysterious men from the palace kidnapped Lee Hwi. Han Ki-jae (Yoon Je-moon) reveals to Hwi that Hye-jong (the King )  is dead and insists that she returns to the palace.

Han Ki-jae took Hwi to the palace, and the great and small priests were greatly surprised by Hwi's appearance. Hwi cried in front of Hyejong's coffin.

Han Gi-jae accused Jung-jeon (Son Yeo-eun) and Chang-chun-gun (Son Jong-hak) of treason, and even Je Hyun ( her brother)  was accused of treason in front of Lee Hwi.

In response to Han Gi-jae's order for Hwi to succeed Hye-jong and sit on the throne, Lee Hwi said, "I am the Crown Prince who has already been deposed. The only person who will succeed Abamama is Je-Hyun-gun (her brother ) . Come on, release the child. I will go back to my seat,” she protested, but Han Ki-jae said, “I can’t. You tried to escape with the help of the one who used to be your teacher? I have no choice.” ( He was threatening her with Ji Woon 's life) 

Hwi, who eventually decided to become a king, told Han Ki-jae, “I will become a king. I have only one request. Please save Jehyun-hyung and Ji Woon . Promise me you won't touch my people. Then I will gladly become your maternal grandfather’s puppet ,” she said, and Han Ki-jae promised.

Jiwoon said to Hwi, “Didn’t you promise me? that we will be together It's not too late yet," Hwi begged, but he cried and pushed Ji-Woon away, saying, "You shouldn't come near me now." Then, Hwi performed the coronation ceremony and ascended to the throne.

866f7e6b-707b-4cd8-909f-6be8db1c8591.jpg

40c1368a-e53d-44d7-846f-6fbbd8075c49.jpg

• Like 4

I feel a little bit bad for this girl who seems to crush so hard on Hwi

I finished with subs late last night...so sad. Their happiness was so short lived. I hate the idea of her needing to be her grandfather's puppet. But given that this is the KING's affection , we know it will have to come to this. :pandasadspoon:

• Like 4

Can we at least rest our feelings and feel how beautiful Rowoon's voice is. It's so soothing that I wanna close my eyes and feel all the emotions. 

The King's Affection is sucking my serotonin. It's sad, that Hwi cannot really live the life she deserves. It's so sad that Ji Un cannot even get the woman he loves. So near yet so far. I just want Dami and Ji Un to be happy. Is it too much to ask writernim? :cry:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 13

I'm annoyed at the Queen Dowager (or the writer for that matter) because how can she just take Minister Han's word and believed him when he, too, also has a reason to poison the King for deposing Hwi? This part is so badly written and makes the Queen Dowager look dumb. 

Minister Han is too powerful. I don't know how Dam-i, Ji Woon and Hyun are going to overthrow him because I really need them to start plotting against Minister Han. I don't want to see Dam-i be his puppet for 6 whole episodes. I want them to fight back! Most importantly I need the writer and PD to execute his downfall satisfactorily with the leads using their political skills and intelligence. I reckon Ga On being the last person with the King is the key although he could hardly be the witness since he neither saw the Eunuch put poison in the medicine nor saw the King vomitted blood from drinking it. However, he could hunt the Eunuch down to hear the truth (if he hasn't been killed by Minister Han coz I'd have made sure he's dead if I'm Minister Han). Having said that, it's still a case of "he says" with no real evidence to prove anything.

Now that we're in the latter part of the drama, I also need Ji Woon to step up from being just a man who loves Dam-i. Earlier on it looks like it's part of the writer's intention to have a gender role swapping in the script, but like how I want the other dramas' female lead to be spunky or sassy and have their place and use in the story, I want the same for Ji Woon's character if he's the so-called female lead in this gender bender storyline.

Agree @abs-oluteM. Whoever was made to marry Hwi/Dam-i, in this case Noh Ha Kyung, is bound to be the most pitiful person in the world because the rest of her life is now ruined for having married a King who can't give her the family she wanted. Once Dam-i leaves the palace, no man would take her in since she's known to be married. Unless the writer gives her a loveline with Ga On or Hyun.

@Chocolate Minister Han does not know she's female. Even if he does, I don't think he cares as long as Dam-i can keep up with the façade. I'm actually confused if Ji Woon's father knows. What do you think @abs-oluteM? He mentioned Dam-i's name but I don't think he caught on yet however looks like he will in tonight's episode after seeing Dam-i's scar on her neck.

2021.11.23 Park Eun Bin's IG Update

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2