The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

Some quick recaps for Ep14

2021112319512954993_1.jpg

Jung Ji-woon (Rowoon) asked Jeong Seok-jo (Bae Soo-bin) to let him enter the palace.

On this day, Jeong Seok-jo asked the reason, and Jung Ji-woon replied, "I want to protect His Majesty." Jeong Seok-jo said, "Are you loyal? You are not suitable for a palace. Go back." "The palace is a place where only seeing the truth is not. Do you think that you can survive in such a place only with your humble loyalty?" Jeong Ji-woon said. "I'll fit in" he said.

Jeong Ji-woon, who met Lee Hwi at the palace, said, "Two months will be enough. I will not convey any words or feelings. I will only be by your side until the wounds heal. Please consider me as someone who doesn't exist. I will do the same."

Jung Ji-woon, who entered the palace, stayed by Lee Hwi's side. Jung Ji-woon treated Lee Hwi's arm, and Lee Hwi couldn't say the words inside, just saying, "Thank you every time."\

------------------------------

FE4i0Q5VUAMXHI2?format=jpg&name=360x360

Kim Sang-gung (Baek Hyeon-joo) was anxious, saying, “What the hell are you going to do?”

Jung-jeon's  ( the new queen)  face was full of excitement as she looked at Lee Hwi in the bedroom. When Lee Hwi saw that, she said, “Did you wait for today? In fact, I left the room with my head down even during the early night, so I think today is the first time we've sat face to face properly."

Jung-jeon, who does not know Lee Hwi’s inner feelings, said, “My only wish is to make my lord happy by producing heirs . So, it’s not that I have any greed.” Lee Hwi said, “I’m sorry. Please trust me that I have no intention of insulting you in the future. I leave this room now, but I won't. And when I finished the story, Kim Sang-gung and Hong Nae-gwan (Ko Gyu-pil) appeared with mattresses.

Lee Hwi said, “Today, we shared our love as a couple. And in the future, on the day of the annexation, two mattresses  will be prepared like now. Of course, all of this will be kept a complete secret, so please be aware of that, too,” she said coldly. Jungjeon shed tears of sadness, saying, “Your Majesty, why are you doing this?”

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Continuation of recaps for Eps 14

The next day, Seok-jo Jeong (played by Su-bin Bae) became suspicious when he saw traces of

acupuncture-like dots on the back of Hwi's neck.

Lee Hyun (Nam Yoon-soo) called his close friend Jung Ji-woon a 'trustworthy person' and told the secret he had been hiding. Lee Hyun (Nam Yoon-soo) confessed to Jung Ji-woon that he had been cherishing Lee Hwi for a long time. Lee Hyun said, “This is the love that I mentioned before. Let me tell you right away what it's like to like someone you shouldn't like. There's no need to show it, and it's something that you have to suppress without showing it. Because  if you do, that person might get hurt. So I hid and just watched her for the rest of my life. "

He advised Ji Woon  “If that  is the place your heart is heading to, I hope it gets sorted out before it gets any worse.”

--------------------------

Jung Ji-woon saw Lee Hwi going somewhere at night and even  knew that he was doing it secretly. Jeong Ji-woon saw Lee Hwi passing by and was in danger of running into a palace man, and pulled Lee Hwi to him. Jung Ji-woon said, "Let's go to Daejeon. We'll take care of your wounds one last time."

Jung Ji-woon said, "Fortunately, it doesn't seem like it will hurt. However, please apply the medicine well until the end," and he hinted at the end by saying, "Don't get sick, now."

After a while, Jung Ji-woon saw Lee Hwi walking down a dark road inside the palace and he turned the lights on . Seeing this, Lee Hwi asked, "Why did you turn the lights  on?" and Jung Ji-woon replied, "Your Majesty always go down dangerous roads."

Lee Hwi confessed, "It seems that the wounds are all healed. If you want, you can stay in the palace longer. If it's okay, I want to be with you a little longer."  To this, Jung Ji-woon hugged Lee Hwi, saying, "I would have waited anyway. Forever." 

Then, the two kissed to confirm each other's feelings, but Jeong Seok-jo witnessed this scene. To make matters worse, Jeong Seok-jo is suspicious of Lee Hwi's identity. The relationship between Lee Hwi and Jung Ji Woon was once again in crisis.

bfd56672-8739-49dd-9f81-986b235874ef.jpg

Bae Soo-bin, Rowoon♥Park Eun-bin's kissing sighting "Shocked" [General]

2f603e67-992e-4de5-ae0b-1aab30e70263.jpg

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Why does this show keep making me cry....? The happy reunion was so short and now they're back to being separated... a very real and more huge separation. Sigh... Earlier, Ji Woon was forced to be a tutor with people around him held hostage. Now, it's Dam-i's turn to be in a position she doesn't want to be, so as to protect her people.

Having watched so many sagueks, I can never understand those power hungry old men. They have the patience to wait for a baby to grow and be their puppet king. That's like 15-20 years of waiting? How foolish is that? Like they can guarantee their lives will last so long to enjoy the power. By the time the little kid, or puppet, is of age, the old men can only enjoy the power for a few more years, given their age. 

I think of all sagueks I've watched so far, Dam-i's grandfather is the worst I've seen. I really cannot stand him. Can someone kill him already? 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Most importantly I need the writer and PD to execute his downfall satisfactorily with the leads using their political skills and intelligence. I reckon Ga On being the last person with the King is the key although he could hardly be the witness since he neither saw the Eunuch put poison in the medicine nor saw the King vomitted blood from drinking it.

Yes to the downfall of Evil Minister Han, and yes to Ga On being the key player, woohoo... we need more screen time of him.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Hmm... I was hoping Ji Woon's father will die of shock seeing his son kissing the King :laugh: Now we wonder which stand he will take seeing his son in love with the King. Writer-nim seems to be writing out his redemption path, judging from the short talk he had with Guard Yoon at the small bridge. He claimed he had never made a choice before because he has never had choices to choose from. Maybe he will die protecting Ji Woon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 14

What a huge sacrifice Ji Woon is willing to make in the name of love in exchange of freedom. Although when he begged his father to give him a post, I was thinking in my head what about those poor people he was helping? But yes, I know his priority has now shifted to Dam-i (as he narrates or tells Hyun Dam-i means the world to him now).

Honestly. Does he or does he not know she is Dam-i now??? It's still so ambiguous at the moment.

img.gif

I don't know about you guys but I really love it when Rowoon goes into "brooding/quiet" mode where he's lost his cheeriness and is withholding his emotions as to not burden his leading ladies. Haha. I love it too in Sunbae. I also love how Ji Woon is doing the littliest but sweet things for Dam-i like lighting her pathway with lanterns, or ask someone else to deliver the information she needed and not let her know about it. Although I thought he threw his colleague under the bus and this colleague is dead meat if Minister Han finds out, LOL. Too bad this kind of angst only lasted an episode. However there's definitely another mountain he has to overcome — which I have forgotten about — and that is his father is the one who killed Hwi. He's going to hate his father all over again, huh?

But you are right @ktcjdrama, the writer is definitely paving the road to redemption for Jung Seok Jo. He's going to have to die for this rather than be prosecuted for his crime otherwise he'll drag all of his family down with him. Ji Woon would become the son of a sinner and lose their Yangban status. That cannot be good for their life later when they elope..!

And agree that I also don't understand why they want so much power at such old age. It also got me thinking just exactly how old do all these power hungry Ministers stay alive in real history because the Kings themselves don't live that long. King Jeongjo died at late 40s before he's 50!

The editing feels choppy again because it seems like a big chunk of scenes were deleted because when did Noh Ha Kyung marry Hwi? Ji Woon was only away for a month and they were already married and Hwi was deposed? Or they got married after ascended the throne. The timeline feels off. It can't have been too long ago since narratively we are told Ji Woon asked to stay for a maximum of two months until Dam-i's wound has healed. 

I couldn't take the scene where Noh Ha Kyung barged into Hwi's room and run into Ji Woon seriously. I had to poke fun in the sense that it felt like I was looking at Concubine 1 (Ha Kyung) and future Concubine 2 (Ji Woon), especially Ji Woon looking pitiful like an abandoned puppy. Next week's episode will touch a bit more on this since Ji Woon is now officially Concubine 2 after the kiss :lmao2: .

img.gif

GIF source: This,too / Dorothy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Honestly. Does he or does he not know she is Dam-i now??? It's still so ambiguous at the moment.

Why? Didn't she tell him about replacing her brother? 

He watched Brahms right? If I remember he mentioned that ...ahahah...

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

The editing feels choppy again because it seems like a big chunk of scenes were deleted because when did Noh Ha Kyung marry Hwi?

My mum asked me the same question. So I think it will be off screen...they assume us audience will have to use our imagination that they did. LOL. My assumption is upon her ascending the throne , the marriage will take place after. This part was done in such a rush. 

For the love of Ga On. His film making cuts subbed

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Why? Didn't she tell him about replacing her brother?

Yes she did tell him they were twins and she replaced him but Ji Woon knows Dam-i as a court maid and he never met the real Hwi. Remember she had the blinds down when Ji Woon went to greet "Hwi" before he leaves for China?

He watched Brahms right? If I remember he mentioned that ...ahahah...

Yes he did. He was so impressed with the scene Song Ah confessed her love to Joon Young he asked how did Eun Bin did that scene.

My mum asked me the same question. So I think it will be off screen...they assume us audience will have to use our imagination that they did. LOL. My assumption is upon her ascending the throne , the marriage will take place after. This part was done in such a rush. 

I don't know if it's even possible because I would think with ceremonies such as this, you have to pick an auspicious day to do it — be it ascending to the throne or marriage. Obviously we were also kind of "told" that Minister Han doesn't care about auspicious dates :laugh:

For the love of Ga On. His film making cuts subbed

Hahahahahahahahahaha so funny. I know @ktcjdrama will enjoy it. I really pity the guys because they have to repeat so many takes for one scene. It's a lot of strain on them. It's like doing plank which I can't even hold the position after 30s :pandascared:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The timeline feels off. It can't have been too long ago since narratively we are told Ji Woon asked to stay for a maximum of two months until Dam-i's wound has healed. 

What got me confused is more of the wound taking such a looooong time to heal 😆

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahahahahahaha so funny. I know @ktcjdrama will enjoy it. I really pity the guys because they have to repeat so many takes for one scene. It's a lot of strain on them.

Be understanding okay... it’s his first gig. NGs are acceptable, especially when it makes everyone laughs, including us 😂

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

What got me confused is more of the wound taking such a looooong time to heal 😆

Yeah. Exactly. Did it really take TWO months to heal or it's just an approximate timeline Ji Woon set for himself LOL.

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Be understanding okay... it’s his first gig. NGs are acceptable, especially when it makes everyone laughs, including us 😂

HAHAHA no one is complaining. I love NGs actually. I also love the bit where he couldn't put the sword back and just pretended he did and the evil Uncle said, "What happens to the Best Swordman of Joseon"? :lmao2:

• Haha 4

I was actually very sad for the young queen after watching with subs. More deceptions - though I know Hwi doesn't have a choice as she has been blackmailed with the lives of those she cares for .

The positive thing for me is that Hwi isn't as helpless as we thought. She is working in secret with her father's guard Yoon to bring down her grandfather. So I think there's at least hope in this regards. 

• Like 3