The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

Ep.3 is still a captivating watch. Dam, or rather PEB, is getting more and more convincing in her manners as a male. It’s just her petite size that’s still a bit hard for me getting used to. But well, nothing can be done about it. 

Who can resist falling for Ji Un if he kept flashing his smiles? Like the way he smiled at Shin Soo Eun... who is she btw? 

Urgh, I am so glad I don’t live in such period where the continuance of life is at the whims of the royals. Yi Wol who had to be killed because she showed a bit more concern about Dam’s whereabouts. The court lady killed by Dam’s mother because she found out about her gender. Ji Un’s staff caught and caned just so as to make Ji Un do something. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Ep 3.. wow. I'm still really enjoying this drama. 

Compared to Dam-i's younger self, she seems to have grown up to be tougher and colder. I suspect that she's had to learn to be cold to protect herself and also to help conceal her real identity. The part of her that hesitates to kill/hurt someone is still there though and I'm glad to see that underneath it all, she is still kind. I am glad that despite losing her brother and mother, she still has her maid and eunuch to keep her company. I'm sure she's had to live a really lonely life.

In ep 3, the one who gifts her the brush.. is that the boy who corrected her posture when she was shooting arrows in ep 2? I like him.. he's quite sweet and charming. 

With Jung Ji-un becoming her tutor, things are about to get interesting.

I seem to recall someone posting the cast diagram here somewhere (or am I confusing it for another drama?). I can't seem to find it. :cry:

@mademoiselle I am starting to crush on Rowoon. Care to share your oppa? :wow2:

• Haha 6

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

@mademoiselle I am starting to crush on Rowoon. Care to share your oppa?

:wow2: Are you adopting??? Sure!!!

img.gif

source: Dorothy

@ktcjdrama Shin Eun Soo is...

Spoiler

吏曹判書的獨生女。無論在誰眼中都是個充滿氣場的美貌擁有者,在誰面前都不會氣餒,懂得明確表明自己主張的朝鮮新女性。想要的東西一定要掌握在自己手中,以周密的性格盯著世子妃的位置,但是有一天遇到了更加有慾望的男人鄭至韻,陷入了一生一世的苦惱中。

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/戀慕_(電視劇)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

2021.10.19 Episode 4 New Stills :wow2: - A Miracle

FCCbh1uUYAMRMKA?format=jpg&name=large

How can Park Eun Bin look so uninterested in front of a shirtless, good-looking man with awesome 6 packs abs? @abs-oluteM

FCCbkawUcAI-V9v?format=jpg&name=medium

FCCbh1uVIAcgqZG?format=jpg&name=large

:wow:

Spoiler

FCCbh1vVkAMUq7n?format=jpg&name=large

:heart:

FCCbh1uVQAQogQH?format=jpg&name=large

:love:

KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “The King’s Affection” shared new stills of SF9’s Rowoon and Park Eun Bin in character!

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “The King’s Affection” tells the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies. Park Eun Bin stars as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while Rowoon stars as Jung Ji Woon, who is Lee Hwi’s teacher.

Spoilers

Previously on “The King’s Affection,” Lee Hwi and Jung Ji Woon got off on the wrong foot. She vowed to not forgive him if she saw him again, but when she happed to run into him again, she learned that he is now her teacher.

However, the preview for episode 4 showed the two characters becoming locked in an unusual war of nerves. Lee Hwi is determined to get Jung Ji Woon off her back, but Jung Ji Woon is relentless and won’t leave without a good reason.

The newly released stills hint that Jung Ji Woon will have to go through impossible missions to keep his position as Lee Hwi’s teacher. For some reason, he’s walking in a stream, and he’s completely topless. Lee Hwi glances at him with an indifferent expression, and it seems like the two will showcase funny bickering in the next episode. How will Jung Ji Woon overcome this obstacle to win Lee Hwi’s favor?

The drama’s producers shared, “Lee Hwi and Jung Ji Woon, who finally met again at the palace, will be in a constant battle of nerves. She has to chase him away from the palace so that he doesn’t discover her identity, but he must endure at all costs in order to protect his precious friends.” They hinted that Jung Ji Woon will face Lee Hwi head on without surrendering and hoped that the viewers would enjoy the upcoming episode.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Shocked 1

Episode 3 was an engaging episode. I thought it was quite funny that in the beginning scene, Rowoon must be so hot and sweating non-stop that they couldn't not capture his sweat dripping off his chin :laugh:. And I love the puzzled look on Park Eun Bin's face when Rowoon easily swung her around and have her on his arm with ease. It was like, "Wait? What just happened?" Hahahahaha! Did everyone in the palace lost to her in a sword fight that she thought she was really that good? Because that's how her disbelief/puzzle look implied.

I think I've pretty much got my head around what's with the palace politics now (nothing new). One side trying to maintain/uphold their power (Queen Dowager and Hwi's grandfather) and the other side who backs the the new Queen is trying to expand power. I honestly had wished she was genuine when she asked about Hwi/Dam's well-being but then she walked away with an evil smirk I just wanted to slap her then & there.

It's curious who sends an assassin after Dam and I think I am on the right track to suspect it is Kim Ga On, who later will become Dam's bodyguard. Eeekk, is he even trustworthy?

As for Lee Hyun (the one who gifted Dam the pen brush). I honestly wish I'm being overly sensitive and the show wouldn't do this in a period drama but why oh why do I get the vibe that he likes men? I mean, his character description makes him even more fishy!

Spoiler

공자의 정명 사상을 그대로 체화한 듯한 그는 자신이 있어야 할 자리와 해야 할 일을 분명히 가릴 줄 아는 인물.

As if he embodied Confucius's political ideology, he is a person who clearly knows where he should be and what he should do.

예의에 어긋나는 실수는 하지 않고, 지켜야 할 상대의 공간을 침범하지 않는 배려로 정도를 지키며 선을 넘지않는다.
They do not make unmannered mistakes, and do not cross the line by keeping the degree of consideration that does not invade the opponent's space to be protected.

그러나 그렇게 정도를 지키는 배려 깊은 천성은 애석하게도 누군가를 향한 제 마음까지 속 안에 가두는 틀이 되고 만다.
However, the considerate nature of keeping such a degree unfortunately becomes a framework for locking up my heart for someone.

He's looking at Dam with ♥-♥ heart eyes, don't you guys think? I mean, he's even custom made a pen for Dam! But a couple of scenes and expressions seem to hint he knew Dam is a woman. Please tell me I'm wrong but so many dramas I'm watching are touching on this topic that it is hard not to suspect!

Was it you, @ktcjdrama? I think the Crown Princess (Hwi/Dam's mother) really died of stress, LOL! Seeing how she constantly has to worry of Dam revealing herself and kill those who found out for her.

My first impression on Shin So Eun is not good. For her to even suggest tattooing Young Ji's face tells me she's not a kind person and she was rude. I'm glad Ji Woon called her out. Now she's all heart eyes at my Ji Woon. :no:, she's not allowed to adopt my Oppa. LOL.

Poor Young Ji and Jil Geum, getting their bums break open in the next episode. I hope Young Ji will be OK because from her conversation with Ji Woon, it seems like her health is not that great since Ji Woon asked if she had fever. And this is how Ji Woon enters the palace as Hwi's teacher. I had thought he was trying to keep his promise. Ever since that incident, he had avoided the palace and only went that night to find out if adult Dam was OK. He has a good heart, and I absolutely love his short exchange with actor Heo Jeong Min (playing Byulgam Koo). LOL, so cute.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

My first impression on Shin So Eun is not good. For her to even suggest tattooing Young Ji's face tells me she's not a kind person and she was rude. I'm glad Ji Woon called her out. Now she's all heart eyes at my Ji Woon. :no:, she's not allowed to adopt my Oppa. LOL.

Yes, stay away from Oppa! Go continue dreaming for your sejabin position. Was it tattooing that she suggested? I thought she wanted to brand the face, you know, with that heated up iron rod. Me not like her too. If she was only a pampered princess, I might still change my mind down the road, but what she said to Young Ji was too mean. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

14 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, stay away from Oppa! Go continue dreaming for your sejabin position. Was it tattooing that she suggested? I thought she wanted to brand the face, you know, with that heated up iron rod. Me not like her too. If she was only a pampered princess, I might still change my mind down the road, but what she said to Young Ji was too mean.

I'm not sure. In Chinese, it was translated to 刺字. And this meant ➡️ https://www.zdic.net/hans/刺字

If it is brand with a heat rod, it would be "烙" isn't it?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm not sure. In Chinese, it was translated to 刺字. And this meant ➡️ https://www.zdic.net/hans/刺字

If it is brand with a heat rod, it would be "烙" isn't it?

I wasn't paying attention then... I got the impression she wanted to brand the face and I thought, how evil!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

As for Lee Hyun (the one who gifted Dam the pen brush). I honestly wish I'm being overly sensitive and the show wouldn't do this in a period drama but why oh why do I get the vibe that he likes men? I mean, his character description makes him even more fishy!

Reveal hidden contents

He's looking at Dam with ♥-♥ heart eyes, don't you guys think? I mean, he's even custom made a pen for Dam! But a couple of scenes and expressions seem to hint he knew Dam is a woman. Please tell me I'm wrong but so many dramas I'm watching are touching on this topic that it is hard not to suspect!

I completely feel the vibes. I am certain that he doesn't know Hwi is a woman. I don't know if he is attracted to men , but he is subconsciously attracted to Hwi ( and probably doesn't know why) . The way he handed her the gift & how much he thought about it isn't something brothers do. He is Hwi's cousin, right? 

Also who is Shin So Eun ? As in is she royalty or some official's daughter? Can't say I am a fan.

Eps 3 continues to be very engaging. The scenes of our leads together were great & I was not disappointed at how they somehow crossed each others paths throughout  the episode. 

I found myself pretty moved in a couple of scenes. One was Ji Un's scene with his father. So he did cut off ties with his old man and I am glad that he did . His old man is so heartless. Kind hearted Ji Un was still traumatised when he saw his father kill that court maid. And I don't think it is something one can ever forget. The other scene that almost brought me to tears was when Dami ( Hwi) asked for his name. You can see so much emotion in her eyes ( PEB's such a good actress!) 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm glad you mentioned this because I was also wondering if he liked Dam-i as a man or if he knows she's a woman. Definitely heart eyes! Just the way he was smiling as he was standing on the boat, looking at the brush. And also, the way he saved her when she was about to get hit by an arrow. Did you notice how he cradled her head protectively? I know he's the crown prince and all but that's not typically how a man saves another man right? I do love Hyun though and I think he's sweet. At least he's another person who genuinely cares for Dam-I in that palace.

@mademoiselle that edited clip from Mr. Queen with the looking glass and Rowoon inside made me :lol: so hard! 

• Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

New oppa alert! New oppa alert!... :wow: The name is Choi Byung Chan. Take note.

I am soooo impressed by our Royal Tutor on his lesson about lotus :wow2: more than his skill of catching slimy moving loach, although I wouldn't mind seeing more of him doing that. His catch-a-loach mission even made it as a featured comment up there :laugh:

Oh no, a love triangle is brewing, it seems... 

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif