The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha will you?

Challenge accepted. Wait for it...

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Eww.... I would never want to put slices of beef on my face. I'd rather wrinkle with grace. But, it's a very informative and comprehensive page on sheet mask. None of the ones I've ever used was featured though. The video clip showing taking off the sheet mask from forehead and downwards though, whereas I would take it off from the chin and upwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Just finished watching ep 1 and man oh man, I feel so bad for the crown princess having to give up her daughter just so the daughter can survive. And the ending! Gah!  :cry:

Like most of you have already said, I felt bad for the prince as he would've made a great leader I think. He also seemed like a kind and smart boy. I loved the way he treated his twin sister - despite her being a lowly maid, he treated her with kindness and respect. It says a lot about him. 

Now on to watch ep 2....

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

So early and she already get caught by so many people. Especially her sneaky uncle who seems trying so hard to find her faults. I feel sorry for the late crown princess. She was the only one with sanity among them. I thought she would live a lot longer to see this switched Lee Hwi grew up. I hope to see LH with more brain to put things back in its rightful place. But before she does so, I wanna see her can defend herself more than just being frightened when things go wrong. Her crazy grand father, the slaughter guard and the incompetent dad. She has a lot work to make these people are accountable for their actions. They set up so many complicated conflict already. So hopefully she won't turn into candy girl very soon just because the romance takes over. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I thought I was the only one crying too much in ep.2... LOL...

No not just you, I was sobbing so ugly last night. This is definitely not a light romance. It's like Joseon melodrama. Lols. 

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Nearly forgot to post this... did you guys LOL when you saw this? Joseon's style facial sheet masks!

I think that this Joseon is much sophisticated than I thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I hope you guys will watch it until the end, else... :letalQQ:

Hahaha I rarely drop dramas. Only 2 this year. And Park Eun Bin is one of my faves....Rowoon is ok too :laugh: Very safe customer here even though Sageuk is not actually my genre.

Episode 2

- I feel like this drama is pretty straightforward but I don't see a happy ending for this since the brother is not alive? Haven't read the manhwa...is it a sad ending?...If they discover she's a woman and have been lying this whole time, I guess she'll be killed? :thinking::lettalKWA:

- I was surprised by how far the child actor had to carry the backstory...it's most of 2 episodes and she did a really great job playing both roles :heiboi: Also all the emotions of a character who not only finds out she's actually royal, but also discovers she was meant to be killed and by her own grandfathers, no less. :letalQQ:

- I really liked the Crown Princess' character - how tough would would it be to have to pretend everything was ok over and over again when you always have to be losing one child? No wonder she didn't live long :cry: But still she had this inner iron core to continue on and to be firm inspiring her child to continue on:hearties:

- But with the whole attitude of only respecting the royal family but ignoring others below your station, I can totally see why royalty failed in the past. That would make for some selfish leaders. But I guess Dam-i would give it away because she was too caring unlike her brother, who was caring, but still not doing everything for every servant :idk:

- So sad for Dam-i seeing her crush but having to pretend she's the prince! :letalQQ:

- That so scene with Dam-i's maid friend was so scary...also I can't believe Ji-Un's dad killed in front of his own son...he didn't even try to hide the fact he was a killer. I guess he's just a lap dog who would get in trouble if he didn't do as told. But still! That's terrible :lettalKWA:

- I did think the editing was a bit choppy in this episode - the transition to the crown princess' death and the deer hunting scenes were noticeably rough. Also CGI was a bit obviously fake, but I'm not complaining as long as no real deers are being hurt :idk:

- The introductions to PEB and RW's characters were so fun and cheeky. I am also majorly girl-crushing on PEB :BulbaOWO: She is a bit on the pretty-girlier side to physically look like a guy. But I think her cool attitude helps her to pull through. RW is such eye candy. I'm looking forward to upcoming chemistry. Also @mademoiselle he posted with PEB on his instagram...first time I've seen him post a co-star. I like it...also understandable, if I got to work with PEB as an actor, I would also cherish those selfies  :wow::laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

30 minutes ago, JenL said:

Also @mademoiselle he posted with PEB on his instagram...first time I've seen him post a co-star. I like it...also understandable, if I got to work with PEB as an actor, I would also cherish those selfies 

Yeah I was so surprised! 🤩 His IG at least had one Hye Yoon (in a group photo) for EY one year anniversary but no Sunbae's co-star. Overall he is not a very good drama promoter, hahaha! Eun Bin is promoting more than him 😑 😓

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, JenL said:

- I did think the editing was a bit choppy in this episode

Just done with Ep 2 and I actually had to rewind the part where the Crown Princess was on her deathbed because the cut was so sudden I thought I’d missed something erm...😂 So there was probably a time skip that they didn’t bother to specify, right?

The CGI animal left much to be desired but it’s  not an important part of the story so I’ll just close one eye regarding that lol.

6 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I'm struggling a little here.. is Ji-Woon's dad the assassin who killed the prince?

Yes he’s also an inspector(?) I think. He killed the young prince and he’s the right-hand man of the Crown Princess’s father.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, im0202 said:

Yes he’s also an inspector(?) I think. He killed the young prince and he’s the right-hand man of the Crown Princess’s father.

Thank you for the clarification! 

I have to say that I find the child actors in this one very adorable - the one who plays the prince, his eunuch, young Jang Ji-un and Hyun. They all have that childhood innocence. 

The moral of the story is - don't switch places with someone even if you look like them.. you never know if you're going to get stuck impersonating them for life! :GrowDerp:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Woah, this is the first time I've so many customers. I hope you guys will watch it until the end, else... 

Haha, that's because you always like the soppy dramas...

I've finished both episodes too. Thought it was a romance but the first 2 episodes surprisingly felt plot-driven. Hope the palace intrigue continues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1
5 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I've finished both episodes too. Thought it was a romance but the first 2 episodes surprisingly felt plot-driven. Hope the palace intrigue continues.

OMG. The sun has risen from the west!

I did not think you would be interested so didn't even think of asking you!

But incorrect, I don't always like soppy dramas... I'm just Oppa/OTP visual-driven. :lmao2:

• Haha 5
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

His IG at least had one Hye Yoon (in a group photo) for EY one year anniversary 

Hahaha, I don't count the Hye Yoon one because Lee Jae Wook is also there :laugh: 

And all 3 of them posted that photo - I think LJW and HY posted first with long touching captions about how much they liked working on EY...and then RW put it up like a day later too not to be left out. I remember thinking, I've seen this photo too many times. :laugh:

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

no Sunbae's co-star. Overall he is not a very good drama promoter, hahaha! Eun Bin is promoting more than him 😑 😓

I wonder if male stars just post like every few co-stars once in awhile when ok'ed by agency. lol. I feel like that's what happens often. LJW hasn't posted with a female co-star for his last few dramas...I remember it set off a little fan war with GAR's super fans who were like, "Why hasn't he posted with her!!!". But I mean he was happy to selfie with GAR and she made him do a zillion selfies each time which she posted on her socials...And he photobombed some of her selfies too :laugh:

I guess they're let off the hook if their co-star posts a lot. I think female stars tend to promote far better than their male counterparts almost all the time. Not surprised that PEB's feed is better that RW's, really :smile:

11 hours ago, Mouse said:

I'm struggling a little here.. is Ji-Woon's dad the assassin who killed the prince? I get confused between the right hand man of uncle and the right hand man of the crown princess.

Royal inspector = wears blue, is Ji-Woon's dad, he seems to work for the evil advisor, crown princess' dad. Yes, he seems to be their little lap dog who gets ordered to kill people.

Personal Guard = wears red, I think it was mentioned that he works for Crown Prince, but seemed to do more for Crown princess.

I think that's how I've been telling them apart. :idk:

11 hours ago, im0202 said:

So there was probably a time skip that they didn’t bother to specify, right?

Yeah, I thought it should have said a time period...like 2 months later... I mean, it felt like she hugged her daughter and then started dying :lettalKWA:

10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't always like soppy dramas... I'm just Oppa/OTP visual-driven. 

Hahaha but we are all Oppa and OTP driven. If Hyun Bin did a soppy melodrama I'm sure @Chocolate would still watch :laugh: 

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha but we are all Oppa and OTP driven. If Hyun Bin did a soppy melodrama I'm sure @Chocolate would still watch 

Isn't CLOY super soppy already? I remember them crying soooo much in there! 

15 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

That's why I checked it out - thought I must see who is this mademoiselle's main oppa lol.

To be more accurate per @Tofu's description, it is current main Oppa. :lmao2:

9 minutes ago, JenL said:

And all 3 of them posted that photo - I think LJW and HY posted first with long touching captions about how much they liked working on EY...and then RW put it up like a day later too not to be left out. I remember thinking, I've seen this photo too many times. 

RW always post later than his co-stars in everything. Remember Jae Wook also posted their wefies backstage of the drama award show? Rowoon posted later on too. LOL, you've seen it too many times is only because everybody reposts it on their SNS. I tend to swoon at first and then goes, "Alright, that's enough now...." at the end. LOL

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

I wonder if male stars just post like every few co-stars once in awhile when ok'ed by agency. lol. I feel like that's what happens often. LJW hasn't posted with a female co-star for his last few dramas...I remember it set off a little fan war with GAR's super fans who were like, "Why hasn't he posted with her!!!". But I mean he was happy to selfie with GAR and she made him do a zillion selfies each time which she posted on her socials...And he photobombed some of her selfies too 

I think it's just because the boys know their female fans are possessive and obsessive, and how scary protective they can be so it's better not to post anything with any girls. 

13 minutes ago, JenL said:

I guess they're let off the hook if their co-star posts a lot. I think female stars tend to promote far better than their male counterparts almost all the time. Not surprised that PEB's feed is better that RW's, really

It depends on the person for example Kim Min Jae is super active when it comes to promoting his dramas. He has been actively posting and interacting with his female co-stars since Dr. Romantic days. Every week for the two days when his drama was airing, he'd post something. 

15 minutes ago, JenL said:

Personal Guard = wears red, I think it was mentioned that he works for Crown Prince, but seemed to do more for Crown princess.

Just to add to this from the Character Description, this guard is guarding the Crown Prince / King however he didn't let the Prince know that he helped their daughter. He believed this was his way of supporting and protecting him. I actually wonder if he had any love history with the Crown Princess, bwahahaha... :P

• Haha 6
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Just to add to this from the Character Description, this guard is guarding the Crown Prince / King however he didn't let the Prince know that he helped their daughter. He believed this was his way of supporting and protecting him. I actually wonder if he had any love history with the Crown Princess, bwahahaha... :P

It's just as well that he didn't tell the Crown Prince/King. Firstly, the CP seems to be a wuss. He would not have gone against the King. Secondly, now that he has a new Queen and a new favourite son, Lee Hwi would definitely have been killed or banished, to make way for a "proper" CP with the correct gender.

22 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha but we are all Oppa and OTP driven. If Hyun Bin did a soppy melodrama I'm sure @Chocolate would still watch

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

To be more accurate per @Tofu's description, it is current main Oppa.

Haha, that's true. I would at least try. Although I must confess I couldn't finish the melo Snow Queen (of course that could be partly because he had a horrible hairstyle 😂) and couldn't even start the sobber Friend our legend (he died).

Ok taken note. CURRENT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thanks for the clarification @mademoiselle! I’m sorry but both men - the inspector and the king’s guard look the same!! I will judge by the color of their clothing from now on. :laugh: glad to know I’m not the only one confused. 

and yes! They should’ve clarified that there was a time jump between crown princess and Dam-I hugging on the bridge to the time she was on death bed. I was like “did she die of stress?” :pandathink:

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

To be more accurate per @Tofu's description, it is current main Oppa.

Hahaha! Yes, current main oppa because those can change frequently. :laugh:

I've only been able to catch a few minutes of the first episode this week. Waiting for this weekend to watch the episodes. I'm happy to hear that the feedback as been good so far! 

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I feel like CLOY was actually ok compared with some other things I've seen (eg. my most hated trope - the fatal illness- noble idiocy break up dramas...I made the mistake of watching a few when I first started watching dramas...everyone treats everyone poorly in the guise of protecting their feelings...but then everyone is still crying for the last 10 episodes straight anyway :idk:). 

I don't much the crying if it's like danger and you might not know if they're safe in the DPRK. But I do mind crying if it's petty/ jealousy/ breaking up for a dumb reason type crying. In terms of soppy romances, I thought CLOY held up the romantic tension well during the DPRK portion...it got a bit soppier in Seoul, when their lives weren't in danger. haha....danger is like the antidote to soppiness :KittyGun:

LOL, you've seen it too many times is only because everybody reposts it on their SNS. I tend to swoon at first and then goes, "Alright, that's enough now...." at the end. LOL

So true. I probably do follow one too many fan socials for LJW, HY and RW. I'm just too lazy to find the news direct from the sources, so these accounts help...the down side is seeing everything 50000 times :laugh:

I think it's just because the boys know their female fans are possessive and obsessive, and how scary protective they can be so it's better not to post anything with any girls. 

It depends on the person for example Kim Min Jae is super active when it comes to promoting his dramas. He has been actively posting and interacting with his female co-stars since Dr. Romantic days. Every week for the two days when his drama was airing, he'd post something. 

I think it's a bit of both - agency advice and individual choice. I feel like certain stars don't want to post with others because they have bigger fan bases which include the super rabid, possessive fans. Generally idols and popular young stars fall into this camp. There's lots of factors, but amongst them personal safety, safety of friends, privacy and not wanting to damage or reduce brand reputation. I think agencies would just care about brand reputation, but since there is always a risk whatever you do when you have rabid fans, some actors/ idols don't do it just in case. Also some people use to post, but stopped when their fan bases got bigger :idk:

But for some actors - especially those with smaller followings (LOL 1m as opposed to 10m) - posting with co-stars can actually boost their reputations because people also like shipping and get excited about cast chemistry. So I can reasons for why different people would choose to or choose not to do something. Although not a shipper, I really like behind the scenes content, so it always appeals to me more if actors do post photos with co stars :yayaya:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I actually wonder if he had any love history with the Crown Princess, bwahahaha... :P

I also wondered :laugh: But I actually think he's just meant to be portrayed as a moral guy with a strong sense of ethics who couldn't see an innocent baby die, especially one with royal blood....but I will laugh if they unroll a side story with his secret love for crown princess :lol:

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

It's just as well that he didn't tell the Crown Prince/King. Firstly, the CP seems to be a wuss. He would not have gone against the King. Secondly, now that he has a new Queen and a new favourite son, Lee Hwi would definitely have been killed or banished, to make way for a "proper" CP with the correct gender.

Totally agree. Crown Prince seems like he had no backbone because he wanted to live comfortably and safely inherit his position. And sure he was sad for like a minute...but I know all these old kings. The minute one beautiful wife dies they find like 10 new concubines to replace her :HaunterOK:

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

and yes! They should’ve clarified that there was a time jump between crown princess and Dam-I hugging on the bridge to the time she was on death bed. I was like “did she die of stress?” 

I think it was meant to show she died of heartbreak. Which I guess is a kind of stress. I think she always assumed her daughter was alive somewhere. But after those events, she knew her son was definitely dead. She held it in for a long time for her kiddies. :letalQQ:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2