The King's Affection 연모 [2021]

2021.09.29 Park Eun Bin Shares How She Prepared For Her New Role In “The King’s Affection,” The Drama’s Key Point, And More

Get ready to see a new side of Park Eun Bin in KBS 2TV’s new historical drama “The King’s Affection”!

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “The King’s Affection” will tell the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies. Park Eun Bin will star in the drama as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while SF9‘s Rowoon will star as male lead Jung Ji Woon, who is Lee Hwi’s teacher.

Concerning her new role, Park Eun Bin commented, “If the setup of a woman disguised as a male who is a serious king is the beginning of a story that twists everyday life, the scenes derived from it may seem strange sometimes and refreshing at other times. The story will flow naturally, but there are moments when common relationships will get overturned.”

However, the process of portraying a perfect prince who excels in literary and martial arts wasn’t easy. Park Eun Bin admitted that she needed time to train herself. She practiced horseback riding and stunts and made an effort to look as natural as possible as a woman who grew up as a man. She even had to pay attention to the tone of her voice so that it subtly changed depending on the person she was with. This role required her to be extra meticulous and detailed.

According to Park Eun Bin, Lee Hwi had to become stronger and firmer because she has a secret to protect. In other words, Lee Hwi had to make sure to be perfect in everything. At the same time, she had to build an icy, impenetrable wall around herself.

Park Eun Bin described Lee Hwi as someone who’s like “a blue flame.” She explained, “Rather than a roaring red flame, she’s more like a blue flame that burns quietly at a higher temperature. [The blue flame] is actually hotter, so it looks colder.”

The actress then talked about how Lee Hwi’s walls start crumbling down after her first love Jung Ji Woon enters her life. She shared, “After [his appearance], her true self that she has been trying to hide under a mask gets revealed more and more. She experiences feelings that are very different from the image she has been portraying all this time, and she will be in danger and feel thrilling precariousness. I thought Lee Hwi has been broken ever since that moment.”

Park Eun Bin shared a key question in the drama, saying, “How will Lee Hwi make an effort and pull herself together [when she experiences] emotions that can’t be controlled with her heart and will?” Lastly, she asked viewers to keep an eye on Lee Hwi and Jung Ji Woon’s longing feelings for each other.

“The King’s Affection” will premiere on October 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1

2021.10.01 SF9’s Rowoon Dishes On Working With Park Eun Bin For New Romance Drama “The King’s Affection”

Rowoon-21.jpg

SF9’s Rowoon has shared his thoughts on his upcoming drama “The King’s Affection”!

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “The King’s Affection” will tell the story of a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies. Park Eun Bin will star in the drama as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while SF9’s Rowoon will star as male lead Jung Ji Woon, who is Lee Hwi’s teacher.

“The King’s Affection” marks Rowoon’s first time acting in a historical drama, and he confessed that the setting had presented new challenges.

“Unlike dramas set in the present day, there’s a limit to what you can express in a historical drama,” he said. “Because of that certain limit that I needed to adhere to, I tried to express things in new and different ways.”

As for why he had been drawn to the series after reading the script, Rowoon recalled thinking, “I would be able to tell a lot of different stories [through this drama].”

Describing his character, Rowoon remarked, “Although Jung Ji Woon seems sunny on the outside, there is a lot of rain hidden inside him. He’s like a feathery cloud.”

“He breaks past the conventions of the era in pursuit of true freedom, but in the process, he experiences sorrow and helplessness,” he continued. “I think the road that Jung Ji Woon chooses to take will not be an easy one.”

Rowoon-3.jpg

When asked what aspect of “The King’s Affection” viewers should look forward to most, Rowoon replied, “The chemistry between Hwi and Ji Woon.”

He went on to explain, “In order to guard her secret, Hwi keeps a five-step distance from others. Although Ji Woon has been hurt in the past, he keeps people by his side and finds comfort in being close to them. I think it will be fun to watch the journey of these two people, who have lived their lives in opposite ways, gradually seeping into each other’s lives.”

The idol-turned-actor also spoke confidently about his teamwork with co-star Park Eun Bin.

“I spent a lot of time talking to Park Eun Bin on set, and we tried to fill up the narrative by coming up with ideas together,” he revealed. “Sharing our ideas and opinions with one another at every moment has become part of our everyday lives.”

Rowoon-4.jpg

“The King’s Affection” will premiere on October 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2

2021.09.29 Park Eun Bin Explains Why She “Cast Everything Aside” To Star In Upcoming Historical Drama With SF9’s Rowoon

Park-Eun-Bin-4.jpeg

In a recent interview and pictorial for Harper’s Bazaar magazine, Park Eun Bin dished on her upcoming drama “The King’s Affection”!

Based on the manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, “The King’s Affection” is a KBS drama about a pair of royal twins, one male and one female. Although the sister is initially abandoned for being female, she later disguises herself as a man to become the crown prince when her brother dies.

Park Eun Bin will star in the drama as Lee Hwi, the crown prince with a shocking secret, while SF9‘s Rowoon will star as male lead Jung Ji Woon, who is Lee Hwi’s teacher.

After posing for Harper’s Bazaar in a number of simple, modern fits, Park Eun Bin sat down to talk about why she knew she had to star in “The King’s Affection” no matter what.

“My last historical drama was ‘Secret Door‘ in 2014,” she began. “I was just thinking that I wanted to try doing a historical drama again for the first time in a long while when I came across ‘The King’s Affection.'”

“‘The story of a woman in the Joseon era living as a crown prince and becoming king’—this one line summing up the premise was so appealing,” continued Park Eun Bin. “Though there will probably be opportunities for me to act in other historical dramas in the future, I don’t think there’ll be another opportunity for me to play a king. So I cast everything aside to do ‘The King’s Affection.'”

Spoiler

Park-Eun-Bin-3.jpegPark-Eun-Bin-2.jpegPark-Eun-Bin.jpeg

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

2021.10.04 Teaser 4

@abs-oluteM Omg, I didn't expect Rowoon to have some action scenes! So he's secretly helping ... a bunch of ladies? LMAO?!

Come see teaser 4 guys before it gets blocked! @Alice Wonderland @cess4evah @JenL @Tofu @ktcjdrama @cherrhys88 @Noonapau

OMG! I love this trailer :wow::wow::wow: I think it's the tone of the drama - it seems playful and eventful and PEB looks good both when she's the king and when she's girly. I'm surprised that I'm looking forward to this so much. Also the high tension between the two leads will draw me into the romance I think (unlike HTCCC where I nearly died from overload of unnecessary mush last night :s) 

• Haha 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@mademoiselle @JenL I love the trailer too!! I just hope the king won't turn into a damsel in distress like some other dramas do. I just love a spunky and a bit cranky female lead, err is this yhe right words, lols. Anyway, you know what I mean right. 

It's October finally!

P.S. ah, I will post something in HCC now, just done watching. Falling asleep last night. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

@abs-oluteM Hahahahahahaha she looks super cranky which I think will be fun to watch. Like D.O in 100 Days My Prince but female version :laugh:

@Tofu Are you busy the whole of October or just this week? This doesn't air until next Monday :)

@Alice Wonderland @JenL I know right! Looks promising. I had a good look at what Rowoon is up to (coz the premise is he has a secret and has no interest in working as government officials) and it looks like he's doing some beauty stuff with the ladies :lmao2: OMG. It's this a Sunbae meshed up historical drama.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you busy the whole of October or just this week? This doesn't air until next Monday :)

The entire month, which is why I thought this week was the week of the 11th already. It just shows how much I want this month to be over. :laugh:

The Swoon is stepping up with posting the English subs right away this time! 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
46 minutes ago, Tofu said:

The Swoon is stepping up with posting the English subs right away this time!

About time, I say. KBS has been blocking everything I wanted to cry. 

40 minutes ago, bairama said:

Park Eunbin's voice & expression in giving order there in the trailer seems legit as camouflage 

Yes. Her stern eyes were really good. :pandalove:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

I am so busy preparing for our Teacher's day celebration. But I still look everyday for the update. Can October 11 come faster? It was really good that it will be distributed by netflix. My colleagues where actually asking me about The King's Affection and they are glad that it would be available in netflix. 

Now, I'm wondering if Park Eun Bin and Rowoon will get a chance to play Jengga? Or any the swoon games provided by the swoon. I cannot wait really!!

Hello everyone. If there are teacher's here. Happy teacher's day my friends <3

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1