Thirty Nine 서른 아홉 [2022]

17 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Is it better if a husband has (a) multiple affairs or (b) one long time mistress?

You keep posing these difficult questions... It reminds me of a game the little ones around me like to play ~ "would you rather...?" :laugh: 

For this question, my answer (if I really-really have to only choose one) is (b)... because I wouldn't want him back if he were sleeping around, risk of disease or not. Ideally is: begone you unfaithful womaniser! :mad:

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Her character may not be likable, depending on a person's perspective, but her acting was not the issue. In fact, I thought it was a very realistic portrayal.

Hmm her international fans was not questioning her acting but I think they were just disappointed that she was taking on such a grey character. But for me I don't mind it when my favorite celebrities can play diverse roles. 

With regards to the article , I disagree with the reporter.  I think her acting is good and she's asked to play a character who was confused and made some questionable & poor decisions.  And I felt she delivered.  I feel  that many of her fans still hold on to her previous character Song Hwa who was just god-like perfect and they can't accept her character here. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

🙄 when you love your actor/actress, you will want them to grow their acting repertoire. Don’t mold them into only a certain character to your own liking. The very art of their job is to act. I always have more respect when an actor/actress dare to take on controversial character or to uglify themselves for a character. 

• Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Started this one the other day and I have to say I'm really enjoying it albeit it being a little heavy at times.

I really loved the scene between Chan Young and Jiseok when she tells him that she's got cancer.. the way he reacts to it was so on point. You can clearly see the shock in his eyes as she starts to tell him about it and the way he just cries in bewilderment.. a true mix of shock, sadness and helplessness.. very very well done. 

I had a feeling that Juwon wasn't Jiseok's son and ep 4 confirms it. 

Need to watch the rest and come back here.

• Clapping Hands 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

15 hours ago, Mouse said:

I really loved the scene between Chan Young and Jiseok when she tells him that she's got cancer.. the way he reacts to it was so on point.

That was such a sad scene....you can feel the regret of wasting those years they had. 

new stills eps 5

Seon Woo's turn to be comforted

2022030214092220345_1.jpg

The ladies discussing CY's bucket list

optimize

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Eps 5 

The hardest part was seeing CY try and tell her parents about her condition , and failing to do so. Putting myself in her shoes, I too wonder if I could do it. And CY felt worse as she was the only child though I would say even if she had other siblings , her parents would feel just as devastated. CY and MiJo scenes were some of the best last night - it is clear the two of them have a very deep bond (friends who are as close as sisters). So they understood each other without saying a word. And hearing CY said she is scared felt so realistic and I felt afraid for her too.

CY decided that her bucket list would include getting JH a boyfriend and for MiJo to find her biological mother. While most would have thought she'd try to do things that she had never done before, I think this is exactly what I imagined CY would have chosen. And if you were to give more thought to it , you would want to spend those last moments of your life doing something for the ones you love cause that legacy lives on. 

I can understand now why So Won left the family considering that her father's attitude towards her as an adopted daughter is shocking. Anyhow, Seon Woo discovering the reason beats himself up for not realising this sooner. Fortunately he gets comforted by Mijo and this provided a moment for them to confirm their feelings and officially become a couple. Mijo was indeed the MVP in eps 5 providing not only comfort for CY and SW but also for SW's sister.

New stills with MiJo having a meal with SW's family

f2433ae8932ac8.jpg

I a

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Chocolate My favorite bit from eps 6 last night was all of them gathering at CY's place - it was funny because I can imagine given CY's personality ( someone who treasures her personal space a lot) , it must have been a nightmare having your mum, your man and your besties congregate at your home uninvited. LOL. It was sweet & poignant at the same time because it really just shows that CY is well loved.

The scene that really got to me last night was when Jin Seok told CY to just let him stay with her. That was such well done emotional scene by Lee Moo Saeng. I read about how some feel unhappy that they are trying to justify the relationship ( and emotional affair) and so on but in my mind, it doesn't really matter anymore. She's dying. I agree with MiJo's decision at the end - she was so against this relationship because of how draining it became for CY especially. But here she is wanting nothing more than to see her friend experience  a little bit of bliss before she goes. 

• Heart Eyes 2

OST#3 - That's All 

I was busy this week so only started watching ep.5 yesterday... I can only say the the emotional scenes are all so well done. I cried a few times. It’s the “tears flowing non-stop and keep reaching for tissues” kind of crying for me. The acting is just top-notch. Story wise, is alright, beautiful friendship of these 3 women. I especially love the part where MJ just accompanied CY to visit her parents in an attempt to break the news, yet she kept quiet and let CY make the call whether she is ready to tell or not. I think that kind of quiet support is so-so strong and meaningful in any relationship. Again, acting was superb by these two. And what can I say~ mothers know best. She knew something is not right. 

On 3/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, Chocolate said:

I was wondering about the significance of the sock since the camera kept panning to it.

I think it’s just to show her desperation to make sure the wife doesn’t go in at all. It’s a cold night and in her rush to push the wife out of the building, MJ doesn’t care about herself, or anything else. Even if she were to be barefooted, she would probably still be out there blocking the wife from ruining the moment. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

112326909.1.jpg

The 'Thirty, Nine' special NFT 'A Spoonful of Memories' issued by Bewings, a digital art market on the 14th, was sold out in 8 minutes after the sale started.

They released  a total of 39 editions in collaboration with illustrator Kim Hee-jin. Previously, on the 7th, JTBC and Kim Hee-jin's SNS gave a pre-sale notice and event, and the sale was recorded as soon as it was released on the 14th.

The production team of 'Thirty, Nine' plans to donate 3.9 million won of the profits to the Green Umbrella Children's Foundation. The production team said, "The production crew and actors are all having a happy day because of the love and interest you have sent to 'Thirty Nine'.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20220314/112326924/1

8 hours ago, Mouse said:

How come there aren't any new episodes? I can only see up to ep 6 on Netflix.

There were no episodes last week because of the Presidential Election in SK. So many networks were covering that . This week eps 7 & 8 will air.