The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

9 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Darling, he got a harem full of willing women :GengarCool: OF COURSE, he IS a charmer!! :PsyWhat:

And because he’s not easy, they go crazy over him even more!! 

I just love Houye’s expression this scene. You can really see the love in his eyes..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMcWHspF-tV/?igshid=1jevnrbtwpx8x

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Tasty 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

15 minutes ago, Mouse said:

And because he’s not easy, they go crazy over him even more!! 

I just love Houye’s expression this scene. You can really see the love in his eyes..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMcWHspF-tV/?igshid=1jevnrbtwpx8x

all gone really gone hahaha....Monday to wed spazzing nonstop over HouYe..... thurs to sun spazzing on KeLei....no break times... hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 2
26 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@OsmanthusTea haha I love that you reached with “tasty” because that’s how I reacted to that photo of injured Houye looking all thoughtful. :SquirtleNiceAhah:

You know how hot is a man when we can even drool over him in his wounded state.....:PsyWhat:

@NiteWalker

Btw, does ErNiang causing trouble for ShiYi after the death of the son of the biscuit?

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Din worry ladies.. Everything is fine.. These two are like a bucket of steel.. Nothing leak from this couple.. Before they consummate he is like gun is use to point at enemy but never on his wife. no matter how hurt or disturb he is, to outsider both are like supertight. They basically leave no room for enemy to break them. Him for her n her for him when it comes to outer attack even though inner emotions they r unsure of one another. 

After consummate, i tell u... This two r tight as thieves like nobody business.. 100% complete trust n understanding. Love these 6 episodes. I believe next 9 episodes will be about them working together to fight others. 

As far from what i can see all landmines are diffuseed. Hupo stays loyal. But she suspect domgchin crushed on houye which if course is a misunderstanding, csuse she n linbo is sparking like mad..master ou is a gentleman. He will be a good friend to the couple. Madame luo had died. Er ninag seems nasty still but she need to gain comtrol in wang family.. No big bomb there.. Wen is going to create trouble but her lovely son is a good boy.. She cant csuse much damage because ultimately deciions r from houye. She is too narrow minded to cause any real damage. Qin is low lying still. She will be ultimate spy. 

So everyone don worry. Enjoy the ride n our loveky couple. Only worty is we will not find another drama as lovely as this after it ends. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

N they such a good synergy as a couple. All i can they hv the same character, smart loyal kind n their thoughts trains are meant for one another. In fact shiyi is a smart lady all through the drama diffusing bombs eveywhere but u guys realised it is houye that will wrap up the major shows. Porridge saga she is good in holding up but he did the final rescue, qiao case too houye is the ultimate ace card to deliver the final blow. So was Shandong trip. With wanyu is the same..it is always Shiyi  who hold fort till houye arrived n finish the enemy off. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
22 minutes ago, SnT said:

Din worry ladies.. Everything is fine.. These two are like a bucket of steel.. Nothing leak from this couple.. Before they consummate he is like gun is use to point at enemy but never on his wife. no matter how hurt or disturb he is, to outsider both are like supertight. They basically leave no room for enemy to break them. Him for her n her for him when it comes to outer attack even though inner emotions they r unsure of one another. 

After consummate, i tell u... This two r tight as thieves like nobody business.. 100% complete trust n understanding. Love these 6 episodes. I believe next 9 episodes will be about them working together to fight others. 

As far from what i can see all landmines are diffuseed. Hupo stays loyal. But she suspect domgchin crushed on houye which if course is a misunderstanding, csuse she n linbo is sparking like mad..master ou is a gentleman. He will be a good friend to the couple. Madame luo had died. Er ninag seems nasty still but she need to gain comtrol in wang family.. No big bomb there.. Wen is going to create trouble but her lovely son is a good boy.. She cant csuse much damage because ultimately deciions r from houye. She is too narrow minded to cause any real damage. Qin is low lying still. She will be ultimate spy. 

So everyone don worry. Enjoy the ride n our loveky couple. Only worty is we will not find another drama as lovely as this after it ends. 

I watched the raw versions of ep 31-36 and although I didn't understand a thing, you pretty much confirmed what I surmised. The scene where he picks her up in the rain, to the kissing, to the morning after is so lovely. The feelings and emotions were perfectly captured and executed. 

What I appreciated about Houye is that he gives Shiyi enough space so that she can pursue the things she wants to do and he supports her. In all the episodes we've seen so far, he is always backing her up. Just like the porridge saga... she handled the situation but when she needed help and protection, he swoops in to provide that. Even with the secret teaching of embroidery, he let her continue the work and asked his LinBo to send men to protect her instead of stopping her. Which is why when he tells her "as long as I am here, you can do whatever you want" is so touching for Shiyi. Because it's his way of telling her that he supports her and he will be there whenever she needs him.

I don't understand why the subs are taking so long though! They've been subbing so fast since the beginning and now that we are at the crucial parts.. the subs have stopped! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SnT said:

N they such a good synergy as a couple. All i can they hv the same character, smart loyal kind n their thoughts trains are meant for one another. In fact shiyi is a smart lady all through the drama diffusing bombs eveywhere but u guys realised it is houye that will wrap up the major shows. Porridge saga she is good in holding up but he did the final rescue, qiao case too houye is the ultimate ace card to deliver the final blow. So was Shandong trip. With wanyu is the same..it is always Shiyi  who hold fort till houye arrived n finish the enemy off. 

this is what they call "夫唱妇随" fū chàng fù suí 

and this show how much in sync they are....ShiYi hold the fort while HouYe deal the blow nicely, in any situation there will always be Defender / support and attacker, and in this case ShiYi is always the support and HouYe is the attacker

this is why combine they are invincible duo...which is why the first son of the Family Ou is scare of them and wanted to take out ShiYi, you want to take down the attacker u need to take down the support, however to take down the supporter you will need to take down HouYe....

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@OsmanthusTea actually Er Niang is also the one who told HouYe that ShiYi attempted to runaway when she was suppose to marry him and after her mother death only she married into HouYe's household...

i put the rest into the spoiler first cause i know most of you havent watch it and maybe some of you wont like the spoiler and want to find out on your own lols

Spoiler

HouYe is a smart guy, he make the connecting dot and knows that ShiYi actual motive is coming into his household were not purely for marriage it was for revenge for her mother's death.....

he was hurt by that....then he trusted her no matter how hurt he is....as when he asked ShiYi admitted to it....what seal the apologies nicely is i think ShiYi told HouYe "I dont want to lost you"

also one thing i really like the way they have ShiYi apologize, it wasnt on top of all sort excuses or reason....she just outright admitted it in couple of sentences and mainly told him that she is really really sorry and she didnt want to lost him because of her selfishness from the beginning in hunger for revenge for her mother death

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Last night episode 25-26 was great. The trust of Houye to Shiyi perfectly shown. After knowing that Shiyi was sent back to Luo house, he didn’t even step into his mansion but goes straight to the Luo house to talk to Shiyi. 

And I really like Wallace acting when he warned Wang Yu about his abusive behaviour towards Erniang. That his facial expressions angry, cold and ruthless general and his line delivery is a killer! 

And we got to see that Shiyi accept Houye skinship “the hug” readily after the QLF arch for the first time. This shows that she already accept him without his confession but she probably didn’t realise it. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
58 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

@OsmanthusTea actually Er Niang is also the one who told HouYe that ShiYi attempted to runaway when she was suppose to marry him and after her mother death only she married into HouYe's household...

I love the way he handle it. His attitude really leave no room for anyone to weasel a hole between them n that is the way it should be, a united front no matter how terrible u felt. No wonder he is a successful man. Great Discerning power. 

i put the rest into the spoiler first cause i know most of you havent watch it and maybe some of you wont like the spoiler and want to find out on your own lols

Hide contents

HouYe is a smart guy, he make the connecting dot and knows that ShiYi actual motive is coming into his household were not purely for marriage it was for revenge for her mother's death.....

he was hurt by that....then he trusted her no matter how hurt he is....as when he asked ShiYi admitted to it....what seal the apologies nicely is i think ShiYi told HouYe "I dont want to lost you"

I was about to ask everyone (those who watched) why he soften within like few sentences from her. I wasn't sure why he read it as he is to her is love not guilt n gratitude. Becsuse she says i m sorry. i hurt u. I regret alot. My heart aches too. Please don go. I don want to lost you. Or did he just badly want to forgive her. I mean he did says he knew what he says was kinda mean. So which part actually seal the deal u ladies reckon?

I know he is not angry w her for physical stabbing n he trust her to hv it clean w ou yx. His prob is he want her love and acceptance. Not gratitude, guilt or just simply doing her job. 

I m glad theu show scenes w children. I had been feeling bad about this di n shu issue.. They r all houye children. I was hoping shiyi can bring all his children closer to him. N yes she did. She was so right. Di n shu will not separate kids. But if brothers don learn to love each other, that is when in face of interest, they can n will turn against one another. Thats wisdom. So good to see chunge is turning into w bright n happy child. Yuge is given a lot of thoughts by daddy. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4

Out of desperation, I signed up for a VIP account with IQiyi just so I can watch the subbed episodes for 25-26. :jiminbtsshh:

It was soooo satisfying to watch Qiao finally go down and what’s even better is that both Shiyi and LingYi worked together  to do it. I loved how when Shiyi asked LingYi why he trusts her, he answered you are my wife and I know the type of person you are..”    that’s what a husband and wife should be like, trusting each other first and supporting each other. Because LingYi took the time to get to know Shiyi, to understand her and her character, it served them both well. He is not easily swayed merely by what he hears or sees because at the end of the day, he knows Shiyi. 

1 hour ago, MorningDew said:

And we got to see that Shiyi accept Houye skinship “the hug” readily after the QLF arch for the first time. This shows that she already accept him without his confession but she probably didn’t realise it. 

yes!! I also thought the same! The first thing I noticed was that when they were walking in together, they were holding hands! And then he went out of his way to do something nice to welcome her back which showed his thoughtfulness and sincerity. And then Shiyi let him hold her!! And she leaned in! That’s a first!! Usually she gets uncomfortable when he starts showing affection but in this case, she welcomed it. I think this is a true sign of her becoming aware of her feelings for him.

@NiteWalker @SnT

Spoiler

I haven’t seen the newer episodes but reading your translations, I think it’s when she said “I don’t want to lose you”. I think it’s obvious that although he is hurt, he never stopped loving her. I think the issue is that he thought she didn’t care for him or love him the way he does her. 

He was already hurt by the fact that she didn’t trust him when he’s always trusted her. And then add to it ErNiang telling him that she only agreed to marry into the family to investigate her mother’s death... and then he thought that maybe she’s only being nice to him out of guilt or gratitude. Those are strong feelings too but they’re not the same as love. 

but when he heard her say “I don’t want to lose you..”, one only says that out of love. Not guilt nor gratitude. The fact that she is afraid of losing him meant that she truly cared for him as much as he cared for her. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

7 minutes ago, SnT said:

I know he is not angry w her for physical stabbing n he trust her to hv it clean w ou yx. His prob is he want her love and acceptance. Not gratitude, guilt or just simply doing her job. 

yes he didnt want that from her, HouYe wanted ShiYi's love....in my ways of thinking it....i think HouYe decided to let go of the knots that holding him back from accept ShiYi open heartedly is when ShiYi told HouYe that she didnt want to 'lost him' this actually show him that she is also started to feel for him too.....

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes he didnt want that from her, HouYe wanted ShiYi's love....in my ways of thinking it....i think HouYe decided to let go of the knots that holding him back from accept ShiYi open heartedly is when ShiYi told HouYe that she didnt want to 'lost him' this actually show him that she is also started to feel for him too.....

what did he say to her after they kissed? 

I forgot to add that LingYi was so right he said “love is about having mutual appreciation, respect, trust and compromise”. We see that between LingYi and Shiyi. They both have an appreciation for each other’s good qualities, they respect each other’s POV and show their respect by being understanding and supportive, they trust each other and they compromise when it’s for the greater good. 

• Like 4

Just now, SnT said:

U mean after first kiss then say something then kiss n bed scene. 

He says Is ok, is ok. Or everything's fine, everything fine. Cam see when she cried he cannot bear it. 

yes that’s the one! Awww he’s got such a soft heart for her! I love love love when he picked her up from the rain. 

Houye has the hearts of all the women in the drama as well all of his drama viewers!! Houye sure is talented :wow:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I like the morning after they woke up. She said starting from today, they will be eating breakfast together and she will send him off to work 

**Concubine Wen getting pissed off tho** Will she be the last boss or Concubine Qin?  

21 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Out of desperation, I signed up for a VIP account with IQiyi just so I can watch the subbed episodes for 25-26. :jiminbtsshh:

It was soooo satisfying to watch Qiao finally go down and what’s even better is that both Shiyi and LingYi worked together  to do it. I loved how when Shiyi asked LingYi why he trusts her, he answered you are my wife and I know the type of person you are..”    that’s what a husband and wife should be like, trusting each other first and supporting each other. Because LingYi took the time to get to know Shiyi, to understand her and her character, it served them both well. He is not easily swayed merely by what he hears or sees because at the end of the day, he knows Shiyi. 

yes!! I also thought the same! The first thing I noticed was that when they were walking in together, they were holding hands! And then he went out of his way to do something nice to welcome her back which showed his thoughtfulness and sincerity. And then Shiyi let him hold her!! And she leaned in! That’s a first!! Usually she gets uncomfortable when he starts showing affection but in this case, she welcomed it. I think this is a true sign of her becoming aware of her feelings for him.

@NiteWalker @SnT

Reveal hidden contents

I haven’t seen the newer episodes but reading your translations, I think it’s when she said “I don’t want to lose you”. I think it’s obvious that although he is hurt, he never stopped loving her. I think the issue is that he thought she didn’t care for him or love him the way he does her. 

He was already hurt by the fact that she didn’t trust him when he’s always trusted her. And then add to it ErNiang telling him that she only agreed to marry into the family to investigate her mother’s death... and then he thought that maybe she’s only being nice to him out of guilt or gratitude. Those are strong feelings too but they’re not the same as love. 

but when he heard her say “I don’t want to lose you..”, one only says that out of love. Not guilt nor gratitude. The fact that she is afraid of losing him meant that she truly cared for him as much as he cared for her. 

You should’ve told me how desperate you were. I was willing to share my VIP WEtv acc

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

5 minutes ago, Mouse said:

yes that’s the one! Awww he’s got such a soft heart for her! I love love love when he picked her up from the rain. 

Houye has the hearts of all the women in the drama as well all of his drama viewers!! Houye sure is talented :wow:

well the woman he love is already begging for his forgiveness and saying that she is sorry that she hurt him, she admitted she is wrong she never deny and that is a quality in ShiYi that i admire, she embrace her own wrong and shoulder the responsibilities...

she didnt push it away....

8 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

**Concubine Wen getting pissed off tho** Will she be the last boss or Concubine Qin? 

i believe it will Qin, Qin yet to really show her true color

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

well the woman he love is already begging for his forgiveness and saying that she is sorry that she hurt him, she admitted she is wrong she never deny and that is a quality in ShiYi that i admire, she embrace her own wrong and shoulder the responsibilities.

U all hv the point. I thought that my hesrt aches too is pretty strong. If u r good to someone because u r thankful or guilty, when the petson is hurt u don ache in the heart. Ur heart only ache for the person u truly love. 

Please don go is the acceptance.. In a way, she is asking him to stay n she would know that it will mean fully consummate. I think that is why he kiss her passionately first n stop. Its like u know what u r asking for, lady. If u don want, i cam stop here. Her kiss back means consent n that is acceptance. N he yearns for her acceptance for her to trust him enough to give herself fullly to her. Prev she did not give him her heart nor body. So willing to give her body is opener d esp in the old days there is no turning back. He only go all he way after he look at her (n see her acceptance n love) N say it is fine now. 

At first i was worry houye may think she just want to repay him or stay because of ulterior motive like luo family. But when she says i don want to lost u. Then again, houye will not kick her out w or wo her love. So he understood it as fesr of losing him as a person not the position. N u don need to be scare to lost a person u just want yo repsy kindness to. So tada.... She l9ves him. 

Of course he just doesnt hold up to her begging. He loves her too much. 

Arent we a bumch of smart people haha to understand our houye. 

12 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

she didnt push it away....

i believe it will Qin, Qin yet to really show her true color

I second that. Wen will be the 2nd scapegoat n tool like qiao is the first. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I like the morning after they woke up. She said starting from today, they will be eating breakfast together and she will send him off to work 

You should’ve told me how desperate you were. I was willing to share my VIP WEtv acc

LOL! I actually downloaded both IQiyi and WeTV apps on my phone. I happened to check IQiyi first. Otherwise I would sign up for WeTV too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Mouse said:

LOL! I actually downloaded both IQiyi and WeTV apps on my phone. I happened to check IQiyi first. Otherwise I would sign up for WeTV too. 

Same! I decided to get WeTv because at first, the drama wasn't showing up the drama. Plus my server was desperate, so I got VIP so we can all watch quicker! YOU COULD'VE SAVED MONEY, man I didn't know you didn't have it :wow2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

Just now, AwkwarDerp said:

Same! I decided to get WeTv because at first, the drama wasn't showing up the drama. Plus my server was desperate, so I got VIP so we can all watch quicker! YOU COULD'VE SAVED MONEY, man I didn't know you didn't have it :wow2:

It's okay because it's a month-to-month subscription so I can cancel it when I don't need it anymore. With Viki, I have an annual subscription.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2