New stills

Can't believe Chang Ho's lawyer friend, Soon Tae is No.2 in the organisation! And Warden Park is No.3... that means he's always known Chang Ho isn't Big Mouse.

There's still a mystery here that needs revealing: Mayor Choi said someone introduces Chang Ho to him. Soon Tae is the one that told Big Mouse No Park that Chang Ho must be saved. So it can't be Soon Tae who introduces Chang Ho to Mayor Choi. Who else can it be?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Can't believe Chang Ho's lawyer friend, Soon Tae is No.2 in the organisation! And Warden Park is No.3... that means he's always known Chang Ho isn't Big Mouse.

I am watching eps 13 right now...I cannot decide what's more shocking. That Soon Tae is the 2nd in command or that Chang Ho didn't beat the crap out of him for never telling him a thing. So much for best friends. 

Yes, it seems like everyone from Jerry to Warden Park deserves an acting award for pretending they didn't know who BM really was. So is this some sort of vigilante type organisation then? 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

There's still a mystery here that needs revealing: Mayor Choi said someone introduces Chang Ho to him.

Did he say someone introduced him? I thought he just tried to find an incompetent lawyer? Have to rewatch their first meeting. 

As for Jerry, I think he just joins the organization not too long ago. Still newbie. Maybe when he got out of jail and received help from BM that he started to join. I doubt previously that he was in the organization... Many viewers in the Chinese web had guessed Soon Tae has something to do with BM, even as BM himself, so I wasn’t that surprised when he turned out to be number 2. 

Ep.14 was still intense. The acting of all is just top notch, esp. Mayor Choi. I enjoyed watching the story unfolds. However, there are some things I am still wondering about. But let’s wait till the finale to find out. 

Preview doesn’t give me any clue at all what to expect next. Except that it seems Miho’s fate is sealed? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Did he say someone introduced him? I thought he just tried to find an incompetent lawyer? Have to rewatch their first meeting. 

Yes he did. He mentioned it twice in passing even.

As for Jerry, I think he just joins the organization not too long ago. Still newbie. Maybe when he got out of jail and received help from BM that he started to join. I doubt previously that he was in the organization... Many viewers in the Chinese web had guessed Soon Tae has something to do with BM, even as BM himself, so I wasn’t that surprised when he turned out to be number 2.

Yes, Jerry himself confirmed he's only joined the organisation. So it is likely he only knew/joined after he got out and hence why he was able to know where Chang Ho was and saved him.

Ep.14 was still intense. The acting of all is just top notch, esp. Mayor Choi. I enjoyed watching the story unfolds. However, there are some things I am still wondering about. But let’s wait till the finale to find out. 

I haven't watched E14. Decided to take on Little Women first before this since I saw some spoiler last night about Miho being sick and got completely annoyed (it was foreshadowing in E13 when the drama replay the pipe splashing water scene). Her stupidity brought it on herself.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Good god, Lee Jong Suk is killing me with his model cat walk into the funeral :laugh::wow:

3L7NP0q

Really love the antagonism between the two characters in this scene. But again, there's that silly thing script writer makes the hero do, telling their enemy their plan to do XXX and then we see the hero fail. I'm hoping it's not the case for this since we're in our last week. Mayor Choi has more to lose than Chang Ho anyway.

I love that confidence he exudes when he was meeting Chairman Kang as well. Totally loving the charm.

FcR3Yd-aIAAOUKo?format=jpg&name=large

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I honestly didn't expect Mayor Choi will go to that extend of killing everyone. I thought he just wanted to revenge Chairman Kang, but now it seems like he craved all the power and wants it all to himself. He's become the next Monster that his grandfather didn't want to become.

Agree the story is still pretty intense and didn't expect the story would twist this way.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought he just wanted to revenge Chairman Kang, but now it seems like he craved all the power and wants it all to himself.

He lost some points with me because of that. I thought it was purely to avenge for the death of his grandfather, but he actually thought his family deserves the power and privileges more than Chairman Kang. I don't understand actually... That's not the impression I got from his grandfather's character. Did I miss something? 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

He lost some points with me because of that. I thought it was purely to avenge for the death of his grandfather, but he actually thought his family deserves the power and privileges more than Chairman Kang. I don't understand actually... That's not the impression I got from his grandfather's character. Did I miss something?

He's probably lost his way in the journey of his revenge. Plus, his upbringing suggested he had it tough so I think his agenda is avenge his grandfather's death and "take" away everything from Chairman Kang.

• Like 1

Episode 14 was one of the best episodes for me . There were so many unexpected events & it seems like everyone was double crossing someone that I was on the edge of my seat. But I did think that ChangHo should have told MH about his plan. I understand that the less people knew about it the better...but  I feel for MH because she's already been through a lot. And to be told that your husband is dead after all that they have been through, is too much. :zzzz: Anyway, I hope she can be cured. I'd be so upset if they don't get their happy ending.

Also I love the chemie between Park Chang Ho & Choi Do Ha. It is such a pleasure to watch this kind of protagonist-antagonist dynamics.  Both are layered characters. CH didn't start off being this cool & composed. I still remember the silly & goofy lawyer we met in the early days & he had such a low winning rate. But over the course of the show,  jail time & circumstances toughened him up. In some ways he had always been a diamond in the rough - so perhaps it brought the best out of him. Mayor Choi's arc was also quite well-developed. While I could never fully trust him, I always thought it was merely his political career that he was concerned about. But as the episodes unfolded, we could see that revenge for his grandfather was what started it all. And we see his true face now & that he's got so much blood on his hands.

I think the drama has definitely set up itself well to provide us with a good & intense finale this weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Hello chingu-deul! Have been meaning to post about this drama right from the start but life has been happening. :nervous: And then suddenly, we're at the final weekend of the show!

Have been reading various comments and while I get that the show seems to be nothing but constant twists, turns and apparent smoke screens being thrown here and there, I reckon that's what makes the show interesting. For me at least. Just when you think you knew what was going on, something else happens. As we near the end of the show though, I've got some thoughts I feel I just need to get out of my head.

1. About Changho and his apparently "sudden" brilliance

Could be my mistake, but I thought I read or saw somewhere that he's actually quite the smart kid in school. Maybe not your top-of-the-class Harvard smart sorta lawyer, but he wasn't unable as much as he was probably unwilling. So I didn't find it difficult to accept that this brilliance suddenly seemed to surface when he was thrown into prison for an injustice. I mean, think about it - he's an orphan who most certainly had to learn to fend for himself throughout his youth. He grew up in an orphanage and likely had an early introduction to injustice, especially in the Korean culture of dog-eat-dog, haves and and have-nots. His underachievements were probably part of a defence mechanism in him - do little, expect little, be disappointed little. His attempt however at trying to fleece Gong Jihoon at the start was probably his mistake that pulled him into this whirlpool of political intrigues and murder. That was likely in part naivety at work at that time, but I cannot imagine an orphan who managed to make it to the bar in a place like Korea to not have at least the foundations of street smarts that simply needed awakening. Once he understood how hierarchies and power worked in the army, he was on his way to becoming mafia boss. 

2. About the deaths of key characters

I did find that actual Big Mouse and Chairman Kang died a bit too easily though, especially Chairman Kang. I am willing to accept that once Big Mouse's actual identity was made public, he would have easily become a target of hitmen. I do think No Park knew that risk, but he was also ready to simply let the next Big Mouse take over. It was quite clear in his farewell speech, which was why he was ready to strike a deal with Changho at the expense of death. Big Mouse had grown to become more than a personal vendetta and an alter-ego of himself; Big Mouse had become an organisation and institution against the establishment, and a succession plan was necessary for the fight to continue. 

Chairman Kang's death on the other hand seemed a little too easy. If it had been that simple, what was the Mayor waiting for actually? What was so significant about the time he chose to kill the old man? It could have been any other time for that matter. Unless it was about waiting until his wife was clearly named the heir to the old man's empire, because it seemed immaterial to him that the old man knew or not who he actually was. At the point of the murder, he had not yet known that Changho was alive or that Changho had set the entire scenario up just for the identity reveal to Chairman Kang. 

So what's to look forward to as we reach the finale?

For me, the medical fate of Miho aside, I really want to know 

a) how the Mayor's wife will respond when she finds out about the plots and ploys surrounding her all this while and how she will respond to him after finding out he probably never really loved her (or does he and will she be his partner in his diabolical quest to reclaim what he thinks is rightfully his to rule?);

b) if Miho will eventually find out that Changho is Big Mouse, or that he had become Big Mouse

c) whose side Gong Jihoon will eventually take - he hates Choi Doha, but Changho is the enemy to the estate and privileges of the NR Forum, no? Surely he must know Changho is using him as much as he is using Changho. So who is going to be betrayed by Gong Jihoon eventually?

d) if Changho will remain as Big Mouse at the end of it all. This game may end, but there will always be another round the corner. 

And yes. Lee Jongsuk is looking mighty fine in those suits. Mighty fine indeed...

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

There some tear inducing scenes in ep.15... and an unexpected twist about the psychopath serial killer. 

Really like the writing of this drama. We have twists and turns and yet the story still goes on smoothly. Especially in this episode that I made me appreciate how colourful are the characters we're seeing, yet still consistent from beginning to the end. This including the minor side characters. Special shoutout to actor Yang Kyung Won for such entertaining portrayal of the character Gong Ji Hun. And to actor Kim Joo Heon for acting out Choi Do Ha's disgusting fakeness that boiled my blood and made me want to reach into the screen to punch his face.  

Looking forward to the finale! Make it a great one, please!!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM

Hide contents

Gong Ji Hoon is just as guilty as the others but I'm surprised he gets to sit out of jail time! 😤

I agree , just because he helped CH towards the end he should not be scot free 

• Like 1