Director: Oh Choong Hwan

Writer: Ha Ram

Episodes: 16

Broadcast station: MBC

Online Streaming Site: TVING | Disney+

Schedule: 29 July - 24 September 2022

Websites: Official website | Naver | NamuWiki |

Plot Summary

Follows the bizarre things that happen when a third-rate lawyer coincidentally takes charge of a murder case and digs deeper into the hidden truth. It is a record of the battles faced by a lawyer of the lower middle class who must become more evil than the villains in order to protect himself and his family and punish the bad guys in a world full of conspiracies and greed over power and capital.

Park Chang Ho, a lawyer who was never successful to begin with and eventually ends up reaching a win percentage of only 10 percent. Those around him call him a big mouth for talking grandiosely but showing no substance. He is so badly off that he can’t afford to pay the monthly rent for his office nor pay his office manager, who is also his father-in-law, on time. Go Mi Ho who is Park Chang Ho’s wife and the person who made him a lawyer. She was graceful and reserved during her college days, but she has now become extremely bold and foul-mouthed.

source: MyDramaList

Park Chang-Ho (Lee Jong-Suk) works as a lawyer with a measly 10% winning rate. He is a talkative person and, because of this people call him Big Mouth. He happens to get involved in a murder case and he is somehow fingered as genius swindler Big Mouse. Due to this, Park Chang-Ho finds himself in a life-threatening situation. Meanwhile, Go Mi-Ho (Lim Yoon-A) is Park Chang-Ho’s wife and she works as a nurse. She has a beautiful appearance and a personality that is both wise and brave. She helped her husband become a lawyer by supporting him financially and psychologically. Go Mi-Ho learns that Park Chang-Ho is suspected to be the genius swindler Big Mouse and attempts to clear her husband's name.

source: AsianWiki

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Party! 2

Lee Jong Suk In Talks To Take On Lawyer Role For 1st Drama Since Military Discharge

23c13207ed5943d9a5c394f4bdc4af18.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jong Suk might make his long-awaited return in a drama as a lawyer!

On April 21, Ilgan Sports quoted a source from the drama industry who stated, “Lee Jong Suk will play the main character in the drama ‘Big Mouth.'”

A source from his agency A-MAN Project clarified to Newsen, “He has received an offer for ‘Big Mouth’ and is reviewing it.”

“Big Mouth” is a drama that follows the bizarre things that happen when a third-rate lawyer coincidentally takes charge of a murder case and digs deeper into the hidden truth. It is a record of the battles faced by a lawyer of the lower middle class who must become more evil than the villains in order to protect himself and his family and punish the bad guys in a world full of conspiracies and greed over power and capital.

Lee Jong Suk was offered the role of Park Chang Ho, a lawyer who was never successful to begin with and eventually ends up reaching a win percentage of only 10 percent. Those around him call him a big mouth for talking grandiosely but showing no substance. He is so badly off that he can’t afford to pay the monthly rent for his office nor pay his office manager, who is also his father-in-law, on time.

Writer Ha Ram will pen the script along with screenwriters Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon, and Director Oh Choong Hwan of “While You Were Sleeping,” “Hotel Del Luna,” and “Start-Up” will helm the drama. It will be produced by AStory, and filming is slated for the second half of this year.

source

YoonA In Talks Along With Lee Jong Suk For New Drama

c8ed1dfb35f34e898a42d83e35cb88f7.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Lee Jong Suk may be uniting for a new drama!

On May 18, an industry representative reported, “YoonA will be playing a married couple with Lee Jong Suk in the drama ‘Big Mouth.'”

In response to the report, YoonA’s agency SM Entertainment commented, “She has received a casting offer for the drama ‘Big Mouth,’ and she is positively reviewing [the offer].”

“Big Mouth” is a drama that follows the bizarre things that happen when a third-rate lawyer coincidentally takes charge of a murder case and digs deeper into the hidden truth. It is a record of the battles faced by a lawyer of the lower middle class who must become more evil than the villains in order to protect himself and his family and punish the bad guys in a world full of conspiracies and greed over power and capital.

As revealed last month, Lee Jong Suk is in talks to play the lawyer Park Chang Ho. YoonA has been offered the role of Go Mi Ho, who is Park Chang Ho’s wife and the person who made him a lawyer. She was graceful and reserved during her college days, but she has now become extremely bold and foul-mouthed.

If YoonA accepts the role, this will be her first drama since “Hush,” which ended earlier this year.

With Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon participating as creators, “Big Mouth” will be written by Ha Ram. It will be directed by Oh Choong Hwan of “While You Were Sleeping,” “Hotel Del Luna,” and “Start-Up” and is scheduled to begin filming in the second half of this year.

source

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have official confirmation!!

Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA will be starring together in the 2022 tvN drama “Big Mouth” (literal title)!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama about a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius conman known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, he must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Lee Jong Suk will star as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer with a 10 percent success rate. He is the type to be all talk and no action, so his legal acquaintances call him “Big Mouth.” But one day, he is mistaken for a genius conman known as “Big Mouse” and his life is put in danger.

YoonA will star as Go Mi Ho, a nurse and Park Chang Ho’s wife. She is the one who made her husband into a lawyer with her unshakable support, and when she learns that he is being mistaken for a conman, she sets out to clear his name herself.

“Vagabond” writers Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon are listed as creators on “Big Mouth,” and Oh Choong Hwan, who worked on the mise-en-scène for “Hotel Del Luna,” will be working as the director.

“Big Mouth” is set to premiere in 2022.

---

Oh yay, we have a confirmation... not that I don't already know. @TRaNz Your poor effort of kdrama watching can be improved with this from next year xD

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, mademoiselle said:

“Vagabond” writers Jang Young Chul and Jung Kyung Soon are listed as creators on “Big Mouth,” and Oh Choong Hwan, who worked on the mise-en-scène for “Hotel Del Luna,” will be working as the director.

Wait the writer scares me, lols. I gave up Vagabond, will he make something differrnt this time? Ah, I like LJS, hopefully the story would be good, a hot oppa can't save it if the story is too frustrating. 

On 9/11/2021 at 8:25 AM, Tofu said:

LJS cut his hair for this! I was hoping he kept it but I guess it doesn't fit the "lawyer" look. :laugh:

I don't like his long hair tofu, he reminds me of his evil character in VIP. That should be washed away from my memory.

• Haha 3
On 9/21/2021 at 8:09 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

Wait the writer scares me, lols. I gave up Vagabond, will he make something differrnt this time? Ah, I like LJS, hopefully the story would be good, a hot oppa can't save it if the story is too frustrating.

Hahahahaha yes, true. I couldn't watch Vagabond too. But it's LJS so I should still try it out first. I mean, I watched all of Dr. Stranger, how bad can this one be? Ok, can be the same but can't not try it out first.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:09 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

I don't like his long hair tofu, he reminds me of his evil character in VIP. That should be washed away from my memory.

The good thing is he didn't actually acted out the evil deeds (i.e. the raping bits) otherwise it would make it harder to forget. But he wanted to act as a psycho so he got his wish fulfilled. LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I mean, I watched all off Dr. Stranger, how bad can this one be? Ok, can be the same but can't not try it out first.

I watched all DRS. But I felt unhappy after that. Imo, it started off pretty good but went downhill halfway to the end. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The good thing is he didn't actually acted out the evil deeds (i.e. the raping bits) otherwise it would make it harder to forget. But he wanted to act as a psycho so he got his wish fulfilled. LOL

I remember I have watched that movie first then read he ever mentioned it's one of his wish to act as a psycho and he also told fans under certain age to skip it and wait for his next dramas. Lols

I know he didn't but still that part he was in it witnessing. So horrible. I couldn't take it and fast forward the whole story. I prefer him with short hair, he looks nice and cute. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I watched all DRS. But I felt unhappy after that. Imo, it started off pretty good but went downhill halfway to the end.

Yeah I enjoyed the beginning too but once his first love reappeared, the story and cinematography went downhill. 

5 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I remember I have watched that movie first then read he ever mentioned it's one of his wish to act as a psycho and he also told fans under certain age to skip it and wait for his next dramas. Lols

I know he didn't but still that part he was in it witnessing. So horrible. I couldn't take it and fast forward the whole story. I prefer him with short hair, he looks nice and cute.

I was actually interested to see how he fair playing villain. Didn't mind the villain part tbh, just don't think the storyline did justice. It wasn't a memorable movie. 

I prefer him shorter hair too. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Lee Jong Suk Talks About Taking On New Challenges For Upcoming Projects With Cha Eun Woo & YoonA

Lee-Jong-Suk-6.jpeg

In a recent interview and pictorial for Arena Homme Plus magazine, Lee Jong Suk dished on his many upcoming projects!

After being discharged from the military earlier this year, Lee Jong Suk is already booked and busy: the actor will be starring opposite Girls’ Generation‘s YoonA in the upcoming tvN drama “Big Mouth” (literal title), and he will also be starring alongside ASTRO‘s Cha Eun Woo and Kim Rae Won in the new action film “Decibel” (literal title).

In addition to these high-profile projects, Lee Jong Suk will also be making a special appearance in the highly-anticipated sequel to the 2018 movie “The Witch: Part 1. The Subversion.” In his post-shoot interview, the actor remarked, “My role in ‘The Witch 2’ is fun because it’s a villain-esque character who’s not a villain.”

As for why he chose to take on his role in “Decibel,” Lee Jong Suk recalled, “For ‘Decibel,’ when I read the screenplay, it turned out to be such a page-turner. I ended up appearing in the film because I thought the role was really worth the challenge.”

Although Lee Jong Suk confessed to feeling worried about taking on a new kind of character in his upcoming drama “Big Mouth,” he also shared that he welcomed the challenge.

“It’s a character who’s on the older side,” he explained, “and he’s also married in the story. I felt like if I took on the role, it would be a new challenge for me image-wise, so I would end up feeling stressed and pressured by the idea that I had to do a good job—but I also thought that it would be worth it.”

He added, “I think it’ll be fun, and I felt like it was very new for me.”

source

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...