[K-Artist] Hyun Bin 현빈

logo.png

Hyun Bin wants you to tell him where he should go when he comes to Manila

Published July 2, 2021, 8:00 AM by AA Patawaran

Ahead of his first meet-and-greet with Filipinos fans online on July 11, this Korean superstar sits down with this writer on a one-on-one 

L5oBAfx.jpg

I told Hyun Bin when I had the chance to speak to him on Zoom that, in fact, Crash Landing on You was what I would consider my ticket to the world of K-drama. Prior to it, my Korean film exposure was limited to fantasy, thrillers, and horror or, particularly, zombie films like Train to Busan and Kingdom.

But Crash Landing on You, fondly called CLOY, was such a big hit when it was released in late 2019 and early 2020 and no fewer than 10 of my friends urged me to give it a try, saying it was such a joy of which I must not deprive myself. So I did and, indeed, it got me started, a key that has unlocked the door for me to a world of immersive storytelling, themes as familiar as they are inquisitive and introspective, practical yet evocative cinematography, lots of comic relief, beautiful actors, and Korea’s day-to-day life and cultural gems, from food to scenery, even fashion.

That Hyun Bin, born Kim Tae-pyung, is among the biggest names in the Korean film industry that has the swept the world off its feet says a lot. To be a Korean star is a big thing, so big it can be overwhelming, especially now that the whole world is watching. But from our conversation, he seemed to be unfazed by the demands of stardom, able to draw the line between his life and his career, and savvy enough to remove himself from the version his global audience is in love with.

To Hyun Bin, his success is a product of diligence. It’s nice to see someone so popular to the point he is deified chalk it up not to privilege or a birthright or to destiny or even luck but to hard work, which is more possible for everyone else. The Korean superstar is also the face of Bench, the endorser for Bench menswear, which is perfect because the target demographic—young people with dreams as big as their lifestyles are casual, relaxed, and unpretentious—does need this kind of encouragement and philosophical basis for self-fulfilment.

SF7bvJ3.jpg

Ben Chan, the visionary behind Bench, who chooses his endorsers and ambassadors very carefully, has seen the inspirational potential of Hyun Bin from the get-go. “Hyun Bin is both a great actor and a good person, a combination that makes him an ideal face for Bench,” says Ben. “His good looks of course helps in making our clothes look good as well.”

But good looks, as it appears, are the least of Hyun Bin’s star qualities. His first film, Shower, completed in 2002, was a project shelved for lack of funding, but it only took him a year to bounce back, debuting in the TV series Bodyguard in 2003 and then coming out immediately in two other shows, the comedy Nonstop 4 and the quirky drama Ireland, before landing a role in the rom-com My Name Is Kim Sam Soon in 2005, which gained him wide acclaim. From many of his films, such as Late Autumn and Rampant, he has garnered critical acclaim, as well as nominations and awards, such as the grand prize for TV at the Baeksang Arts Awards in 2011, which he won for his role in Secret Garden and, the latest, the daesang (grand prize) at the 2020 APAN Star Awards for his role as Ri Jung-hyuk, the North Korean officer in CLOY.

Here’s a snippet of my conversation on Zoom with Hyun Bin.

Spoiler

Personally, my key to K-drama was Crash Landing on You, which I only got to watch after the pandemic struck. I would say that in the Philippines CLOY was when you became a phenomenal figure, known even to those who aren’t K-drama fanatics. What do you love best about your role in in CLOY?

First of all, I want to thank all the Filipino viewers of CLOY, who started to pay more attention to K-dramas through CLOY. As for the character Ri Jeong Hyeok, I think his innocence, seriousness, and the actions he does to sacrifice for his loved ones are what the viewers loved about him.

pPGilVW.jpg

I mentioned in a press conference in Korea that I hope this drama crash lands on a lot of people and give excitement, warmth, and comfort to the viewers until the end. Looking at how so many people enjoyed it and still talk about it until now, I think it has successfully landed.

How do you prepare for roles, apart from studying the script?

The first thing I do is read the script and do whatever is visibly necessary. For example, for the character Ri Jeong Hyeok, he had to have a North Korean accent, so I had to practice that. Also, he is from a powerful family so, appearance-wise, I thought it would look good for him to have a perfect soldier fit so I worked out. I also try to cope with the validity of the character’s words and actions. I ask myself, “Why did he do this?” “Why did he say this?” By asking these questions repeatedly, I get into character.

‘If I get to go to the Philippines, I want to eat local food and go to the beach and relax.’

What is your physical regimen and what is your grooming repertoire like?

On my days off, I try to work out as much as possible by going to the gym. I also take vitamin supplements and try to eat a healthy, balanced meal. Aside from that, I try to get enough sleep.

lukjzGT.jpg

Of all that you know about the Philippines, what are you most keen to discover, explore, or experience? If you can come to Manila right now, what would be the first thing you would do?

I think it would be better for you to let me know! If I get to go to the Philippines, I want to eat local food and go to the beach and relax.

Your Filipino fans would be more than happy to hear from you. What have you got to say to your legions of fans in the Philippines?

I was able to communicate with you through Bench. I hope I will be able to meet you next time face-to-face and not through a camera like this. Also, I shot two projects after CLOY, so through those films, I should be able to meet you soon. I’m going to continue showing myself to you through other projects, so I hope you stay healthy until then.

Watch out for Hyun Bin’s new projects, a sequel to the 2017 film Confidential Assignment, in which again he will play a North Korean, this time as a detective, and the crime thriller The Point Men, in which he will play a National Intelligence Service agent.

Bench also has many projects and appearances lined up for the superactor and Bench endorser, such as his first meet-and-greet online on July 11, 2021. To join, check out https://bit.ly/hyunbinonline or https://bit.ly/hbmechanics.  Stay updated by following @benchtm on Instagram.

Source: mb.com.ph

Jul 2, 2021

Official!

"Introducing the newest TOM FORD Fragrance Attaché, Hyun Bin."

YlPhCVy.png?2

Source: @tomfordbeauty

Hyun Bin Officially Named Tom Ford Beauty’s 1st Asia-Pacific Brand Ambassador

Jul 3, 2021 by E. Cha

Hyun Bin is officially the new face of Tom Ford Beauty!

On July 2, Tom Ford Beauty announced that Hyun Bin had been chosen as their first-ever Asia-Pacific Fragrance Attaché, meaning that he will be representing the brand and its fragrances in the region.

Hyun Bin remarked, “As a long-time fan of the designer, I’m honored to be working with Tom Ford Beauty. I’m looking forward to my journey together with the brand as a Fragrance Attaché.”

For his first-ever campaign for the brand, Hyun Bin posed with Tom Ford’s new Soleil Brûlant fragrance, which was introduced this spring.

Source

Edited by Chocolate

logo_108_6_20170111151211.jpg

Hyun Bin, Tom Ford Beauty's First Face Perfume 亞 Pacific Perfume..Visual is also global

2021.07.03 Reporter Kang Min-kyung

SJP8zeP.jpg

/Photo courtesy of Tom Ford Beauty

Actor Hyun Bin was selected as the face of high-end beauty brand 'Tom Ford Beauty' perfume.

On the 3rd, his agency VAST Entertainment said, "Hyun Bin has been selected as Asia Pacific's Attache (ambassador) for the high-end beauty brand 'Tom Ford Beauty' perfume. Hyun Bin will present a brand campaign in 15 Asian and Pacific countries." said. Along with this, a pictorial was released.

In the published pictorial, Hyun Bin perfectly digests the white suit and catches the eye with his intense eyes and masculine beauty reminiscent of the midsummer sun. He said, "As a longtime fan of the designer, it is an honor to be with Tom Ford Beauty. I am looking forward to the journey we will take together."

Hyun Bin is receiving a lot of attention even after the end of the drama 'Crash Landing on You', and is standing at the center of the global Hallyu wave across Asia. Love calls from global brands as well as all over Asia such as Japan, the Philippines, and Indonesia are continuing.

Meanwhile, Hyun Bin recently finished filming for the movie 'Cooperation 2: International'. The movie 'Negotiation' is also about to be released.

Source | Translated by Google

Edited by Chocolate

logo_b.png

Hyun Bin becomes the first Asian ambassador for 'Tom Ford Beauty' perfume

Posted by jieun-im Jul 3, 2021

n0FEgK8.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin has become the first Asian ambassador for 'Tom Ford Beauty's perfume.

The first attaché to be announced through Tom Ford Beauty's perfume line is actor Hyun Bin. In the photo released, Hyun Bin shows off his soft charisma in a white suit, while holding the luxury blend of perfume, 'SOLEIL BRULANT'. 'SOLEIL BRULANT' is a perfume blend with a scent of floral amber, and a sweet combination of mandarin and bergamot notes. Hyun Bin stated, "As a longtime fan of the designer, it is an honor to be working with Tom Ford Beauty. I look forward to my journey as the attaché of the brand."

Following the release of Hyun Bin's first pictorial cut,Tom Ford Beauty and actor Hyun Bin will be participating in an upcoming brand campaign to be featured in fifteen different countries. The main campaign is expected to be released through Tom Ford Beauty's official social media pages.

Source

vee@hyunbinsfiancee

[Exclusive] #HyunBin "As a big fan of Tom Ford, I'm honored to be the first fragrance ambassador in the Asia Pacific region. I also look forward to cooperating with the brand in the future".

#HyunBin has been announced as the first Asia Pacific fragrance attaché for TFB. He debuts the role as the face of the new Soleil Brûlant EDP, a sultry-suave scent of mandarin, bergamot, orange flower absolute and amber - the ultimate olfactory illustration of a hot guy summer

lCONICMEN-logo-1.png

h8t6AD7.jpg

Charming and hot taste of warm men! TOM FORD pleasantly announced that "Hyun Bin" has become the first fragrance ambassador in the Asia-Pacific region.
July 3, 2021

Probably the best summer gift! TOM FORD has just announced that the first fragrance ambassador in the Asia-Pacific region will be Hyun Bin, and will bring the latest fragrance - Soleil Brulant privately perfumed golden island. This summer, I will use this jar of citrus-tone perfume to make an emergency landing on this golden island with Hyun Bin!

Spoiler

0WcrtQI.jpg

In South Korea, the word "Oppa" is like a language of magic, a nickname that makes people fall in love. TOM FORD solemnly announces the first Asia-Pacific brand fragrance ambassador "Hyun Bin", with a new private fragrance series to open the first wave of Oppa's warm atmosphere, continuing the characteristics of warm men, and bringing Soleil Brûlant through a unique and exclusive renement method.

"Golden Island" is infused with the warmth of amber; the warmth of amber blends with a variety of oral scents, exuding an atmosphere like the sun has kissed. The extremely hot sexy atmosphere recalls the warm encounter of golden sunlight and bare skin, creating an exclusive Your intimate summer mood with Oppa.

SJP8zeP.jpg

"As a big fan of Tom Ford, I am honored to be the first fragrance ambassador in the Asia-Pacific region, and I look forward to cooperating with the brand in the future." - Hyun Bin

R1ovWr3.jpg

In the summer of 2021, he made an emergency landing on the "Golden Island" with Hyun Bin! This mysterious island is full of warm sunshine, and the sea breeze is blowing in the fresh citrus, elegant bergamot aroma and the spicy aroma of pink pepper perfectly blending, which outlines a lazy holiday atmosphere. Indian sedge oil, orange blossom essence and dazzling black honey release a seductive scent, with a mysterious veil, looking forward to the next journey with him, the woody aroma is dotted with the intoxicating amber aroma that shines with warm light, and the luxurious incense smoke The smoky aroma is more pronounced with the vetiver and leather aromas. "TOM FORD Soleil Brûlant" allows you to swim with Hyun Bin on the private island anytime, anywhere.

Source | Translated by Google

Edited by Chocolate

frkN7w9.png

Hyun Bin is Tom Ford Fragrance’s New Ambassador

tTsWkAA.png

By Andrea Saadan July 03, 2021

The Crash Landing On You Star has a new endorsement deal with the luxury house

Luxury house Tom Ford has selected Korean star Hyun Bin as its newest Asia Pacific brand ambassador for its fragrance line.

The Crash Landing On You actor will feature as the House’s first regional attaché in his debut campaign for the new Tom Ford Private Blend Soleil Brulant fragrance. The amber floral scent, Soleil Brulant, is a summer-friendly fragrance with notes of mandarin and bergamot.

In a statement, Hyun Bin said: “As a longtime fan of Tom Ford, I am honoured and privileged to be the first fragrance attaché for the region, and look forward to working with the brand.”

With this announcement, the internationally acclaimed South Korean actor adds Tom Ford to a slew of endorsement deals that he has under his belt.

Last November, he joined a list of Hollywood elites such as Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig to be one of the ambassadors for luxury watch brand Omega. In February this year, he starred in Philippine telco company Smart Communication's campaign with Son Ye-Jin, his former Crash Landing On You co-star with whom he is revealed to be in a relationship.

Since making his acting debut in 2003, the hallyu celebrity has gone on to win several acting awards including the coveted Baeksang Art Award Grand Prize for his role in 2011's Secret Garden. 

Source

Edited by Chocolate

Jul 5, 2021

Hyun Bin 18th Debut Anniversary

[Translation]

#현빈 Congratulations on the 18th anniversary of the actor's debut ❤

Thank you for showing good acting and good looks through 23 works over the past 18 years. I will continue to support the actor who will work like a cow in the future more than anyone else. "Be happy all your life. Thank you for giving it a go."

#현빈_데뷔18주년_축하해 #18YEARSWITHACTORHYUNBIN

Edited by Chocolate

Jul 5, 2021

OuiPatch@o_patch

I'm so proud of you ❤

#Happy_18thDebutAnniversary #현빈_데뷔18주년_축하해 #현빈 #HyunBin #HyunBinThaiFans

[This is a cake]

vpjQr3Q.jpg

Spoiler

VWQyzkH.jpg

iedKsxy.jpg

cEKRRO5.jpg

julia^.^@randompetite

Happy 18th debut anniv, Binsshii!! Thankyou for crash landing in our hearts

#현빈_데뷔18주년_축하해

QbckJGW.jpg

もずくHyunbinがすき@meetsHB0523

ヒョンビンさんの俳優人生がこの先ずーっと輝き続けますように #현빈_데뷔18주년_축하해

May Hyun Bin's acting life continue to shine first #현빈_데뷔18주년_축하해 #18YEARSWITHACTORHYUNBIN

3zqM8nE.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

Jul 5, 2021

RM | Celebrating #18YearsWithActorHyunBin@yeahmaybeitsme

20210705 | Happy 18th debut anniversary, my UF! 💕

It was 2005. My entire freshman class was going crazy over MNIKSS. I didn't get to watch it during its first run on local TV because our town didn't have a decent reception of GMA 7; we didn't have internet too. But I knew that chaebol guy who owned a French restaurant and played the piano. He made my heart skip everytime I saw clips of the K-Drama on my way home. Thank goodness, the bus had TV!

Fast forward to 2021. And boy, you still make my heart flutter. Happy 18th debut anniversary, Hyun Bin! You've worked hard and accomplished so much. I wish you more success! 💕

QnKmriJ.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

logo_052_6_20201117112951.png

[Y Ranking] "Be our male lead"... Ranking of current drama actors revealed by the industry

2021.07.03 | Reporter Oh Ji-won

This is the era of content flooding. As platforms diversify, movies and dramas that can be enjoyed are also pouring in. While viewers are contemplating what to watch, the production competition to create popular content is only getting fiercer.

The hottest competition among them is the casting war. YTN star has 14 drama production companies (Monster Union, Bone Factory, Big Ocean ENM, Samhwa Networks, Celltrion Entertainment, Studio & New, Studio S, Ace Factory, Jidam, GTist, Hunus Entertainment, HB Entertainment, JTBC Studio, Ascendio). ) asked 'Who is the top male actor that the drama industry is paying attention to?'

◆ 1st place: Park Seo-joon (6 votes)

◆ 2nd place: Gong Yoo (5 votes)

Ees6UC7.jpg

◆ 3rd place: Hyun Bin (4 votes)

Can you leave out actor Hyun Bin when choosing a romantic male lead? Hyun Bin, who made his debut in the drama 'Bodyguard' in 2003, made his face known by playing the lead role in the sitcom 'Nonstop 4'. Hyun Bin, who caught the public eye with his handsome appearance, took the male lead role in the 2004 drama 'Ireland', and the following year he gained great popularity with 'My Name is Kim Sam-soon'.

After that, he went back and forth between movies and dramas, but Hyun Bin's report card was overwhelmingly good in the drama. He succeeded in 'The World They Live In', which is still considered a masterpiece, and made a splendid return to the hit 'Secret Garden' after being discharged from the military to solidify his position. In addition, he shook women's hearts as a male protagonist with various charms, from 'Memories of the Alhambra' to 'Crash Landing on You'.

Hyun Bin is waiting for the release of the movie 'Negotiation', which he focused on filming last year. 'Negotiation' was pre-sold to 14 Asian countries including Japan and Taiwan as if to prove his popularity. In addition, he confirmed his appearance in the movie 'Cooperation 2: International' and is expected to continue the popularity of 'Cooperation' season 1, which mobilized about 7.8 million viewers.

Source

Jul 7, 2021

Omega

Still one of his best ads ❤❤❤

VpqBawk.jpg

Spoiler

Message from OP 😆

I'm sorry, I keep posting similar posts, so
this time it's a 7, 8 department store club magazine meme, did you
see it or not...
I'll delete it if it's empty. The
content on the side is the same as before, and
full of compliments. Actor Hyun Bin is a global ambassador. To be honest, I'm
looking forward to next month's magazine.

Source: dcinside

M2CVjx4.jpg

11 K-Drama Actors Who Are Great At Kiss Scenes

Jun 22, 2021 by binahearts

Many K-dramas often consist of a steamy kiss scene. It’s a part that we sometimes look forward to, especially if the main leads have a lot of chemistry. It takes a lot of experience and practice to really sell the passion of a kiss scene, so it’s no a surprise that there are a handful of K-drama actors who are known to be great kissers on the small screen. Here are 11 of those actors (in no particular order)!

8. Hyun Bin

ABFpEi0.jpg

We definitely can’t forget Hyun Bin. Hyun Bin has given his all when it comes to kiss scenes and there are many that come to mind. His first epic kiss scene and hit K-drama came when he starred as Hyun Jin Hoon in “My Lovely Sam Soon.” Shortly after, there was no stopping his success as he went on to star in other major hit K-dramas like “Secret Garden,” “Memories of the Alhambra,” and most recently “Crash Landing On You.” With all these K-drama successes came some very memorable and impactful kiss scenes. The most notable one was from his recent drama “Crash Landing On You” alongside Son Ye Jin.

Source