[K-Artist] Hyun Bin 현빈

logo_03.png

zPuyUPW.jpg

Hyun Bin reveals why 'Secret Garden' was destined for him

Kathleen A. Llemit (Philstar.com) - August 9, 2021 - 1:11pm

MANILA, Philippines — Those who have recently started to watch K-drama might have come to love Hyun Bin in "Crash Landing On You" but the Hallyu superstar is known for other equally popular romantic comedies such as "My Lovely Sam Soon" and "Secret Garden." The latter, he said, was destined for him.

Although he had been in showbiz for quite some time starting young and notably being part of the fourth season of the hugely popular youth sitcom "Nonstop," Hyun Bin got his big break in 2005 when he got cast opposite Kim Sun-ah in the romantic-comedy (rom-com) "My Lovely Sam Soon." After this show, he explored other genres in TV and film.

Related: Hyun Bin shares 'Crash Landing on You,' personal fun facts

It took another five years before he got to star in another rom-com, but this time, with a touch of fantasy. It also created the "Hyun Bin syndrome" in South Korea.

"'Secret Garden' felt like destiny to me. After 'My Lovely Sam Soon,' I didn’t really get to do romantic comedies. I also just had more chances to do other genres. Then the moment I thought I could do a romantic comedy, I had 'Secret Garden'," he shared at a recent virtual fan meet presented by his endorsement, Smart Communications, Inc.

"Secret Garden" sees him romancing on-screen another of Korea's OG (original) Hallyu superstars, Ha Ji-won. It's a body-swap romantic-fantasy-comedy between chaebol scion Kim Joo-won (Hyun Bin) and stunt woman Gil Ra-im (Ha Ji-won).

Fan meet host and fellow "Nonstop" alum Park Kyung-lim gushed about "Secret Garden," saying it's one of her favorites of his works. She then asked if Hyun Bin had any idea that the drama, its lines and memorable scenes would become hugely popular.

"I had no idea. I found the scenes like the foam kiss scene and the sit-up scene quite interesting, but at the same time, I found it a little cringy, too. But I did want to make those scenes entertaining," he said.

Kyung-lim asked if "Secret Garden" was a turning point in his career. The actor agreed.

"It was indeed. Mostly because it was the last drama I shot before I entered the army. Thanks to this drama, I could wrap up what I have been doing and move on to the next level, which was very nice to me," he said.

In 2011, Hyun Bin enlisted with the South Korean Marine Corps in accordance with their country's laws where all males are required to serve two years in the military before turning 30.

Source: philstar.com

• Like 1

Aug 10, 2021

The last Esquire spread was with Hyun Bin X Omega earlier this year. Will this be for Omega too? We've yet to see much from this representation.

esquire.korea

현빈을 만나러 갑니다. 평소 그에게 궁금했던 것을 댓글로 남겨주시면 물어보고 오겠습니다. 답변은 에스콰이어 코리아 유튜브 채널에서 공개합니다.
Esquire Korea is going to meet up HyunBin for an Interview. If you have any questions for HyunBin, please leave a comment below. Answers will be released on Esquire Korea YouTube channel.

mCmrgUx.jpg

• Heart Eyes 1

Sadly, no link to the original interview. Will update on page 1 if found later. But always good to read Hyun Bin's thoughts ❤

@hyunbinsfiancee

[trans] In an interview, #HyunBin talked about love and ideal type

"I'm the type of single-hearted love for a woman. The same when working, my competitive side is very strong. If there is something I decided to do, I will never look elsewhere even once, just focus on it and try to accomplish. Altogether, I will do my best not to fail and with no regrets, so for the work I'm willing to give up on my own things. Although my personality is like it will be difficult to balance between love and work, the woman who cares for me who has sense and intelligence is my ideal type. Moreover, if it's the person I love, then only when she lets go will I let go. When dating, no matter what my partner thinks of me, for me she is always my first priority. However, I will never hold on to someone who is gone or regret anything".

gYntAVU.jpg

@hyunbinsfiancee

#HyunBin "A good actor? Of course good acting is also an important factor, but I think I should be 'a good person' first. On the set, I met many people and then parted… I gradually realized how much an actor's actions or words affect the people around him. The efforts and sweat of many people will nonetheless be shown and evaluated through the actors. So I always strive to be a good person."

HIpvq2c.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

Thanks to Gigi for tweeting this video. One of the girls was born in 2005, the year MNIKSS aired but watch her reaction! It's great to see that HB has young fans and they swoon just like us older folks. This is a fun watch 😂😍

@hellooohallyu

Relevancy means having a grip on teens who stan junior actors while still being able to steal their hearts and command attention. He's not a fixture on variety shows and doesn't bother with SNS but his staying power and hold on the industry lends credence to his KOFIC feature.

These sisters were having a great moment fawning over #HyunBin #현빈 and I couldn't get enough!! I especially loved their reaction during the MNIKSS clip that was used. 😚

Jun 30, 2021

Korean Teens Astonished by HyunBin Evolution?!

We reviewed Hyun Bin's 20s to his 40s. We watched some clips from some of his TV shows that made all the women go crazy for him with teens! If you are curious, let's go watch it now!

Edited by Chocolate

Aug 13, 2021

Lazada

LOL. The way the phone is held, hand and chin is quite obvious. Looks like this is a SEA representation - Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia...

@LazadaSG

We’ve invited a super (handsome) global superstar as our first-ever LazMall Ambassador! Can you guess who he is? Check back regularly for more clues! We promise it’ll be worth it. 😎

9IFk0q4.jpg

Edited by Chocolate

64v7P9m.png

Lazada unveils Hallyu super star Hyun Bin as first LazMall regional brand ambassador

PRESS RELEASE PR Newswire  Aug. 15, 2021, 10:00 PM

SINGAPORE, Aug. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Southeast Asia's leading eCommerce platform Lazada today announced internationally celebrated South Korean actor and Hallyu (Korean Wave) super star Hyun Bin as LazMall's first regional brand ambassador. LazMall is a partner of choice for brands around the globe and currently home to over 32,000 local and international brands on the platform.

4g3NwhL.jpg

*Promotions listed in above image applicable only on Lazada Singapore.

One of South Korea's most internationally-acclaimed celebrities, Hyun Bin is known as one of the key figures driving the Hallyu with his versatile and award-winning performances. Hyun Bin has starred in numerous successful television dramas and box office hits, including Secret Garden, Memories of the Alhambra, The Negotiation and more recently Crash Landing on You, which garnered him accolades including Most Popular Actor at the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards and Most Popular Korean Artist at the Yahoo! Asia Buzz Awards. Hyun Bin received a Presidential Commendation during the 2020 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards.

Mary Zhou, Chief Marketing Officer of Lazada Group shared, "Lazada was the first to bring the virtual 'mall' concept to Southeast Asia and we are delighted to welcome renowned super star Hyun Bin as LazMall's first regional brand ambassador. With his expansive portfolio of critically-acclaimed films and television dramas, Hyun Bin is a familiar personality respected for his genuine personality and extraordinary dedication to his craft by fans all over the globe. This highly resonates with LazMall's brand promise of authenticity, quality and a trusted online destination for consumers to enjoy a convenient shopping experience."

For the kick off celebrations of LazMall's third anniversary and 9.9, the first of the year-end mega campaigns, Hyun Bin will headline a short film capturing the imaginations of fans in a character reminiscent of his popular action sequences. In the TVC, Hyun Bin will star as an agent on a covert mission commandeering a crew of operatives. In a fun and celebratory twist, his character will release thousands of LazMall care packages for the public.

On his LazMall ambassadorship, Hyun Bin said, "I'm very happy to be joining the Lazada family and connecting with fans in Southeast Asia as LazMall's first regional brand ambassador. I look forward to creating lots of fun times together, starting with the 9.9 shopping festival. I wish everyone good health and hope you stay safe until we can meet again in person."

He added, "Shooting the short film for the campaign was incredibly fun, especially when we got creative in demonstrating the efficiency, reliability and variety of products that LazMall offers to shoppers through a secret agent mission storyline."

Spoiler

Earlier in August, LazMall introduced a new personalised portal, LazMall Prestige[1], featuring an extensive portfolio of eight categories with over 50 premium brands such as Bacha Coffee, Bang & Olufsen, Elemis, Longines, Polo Ralph Lauren, Salvatore Ferragamo, Shanghai Tang, SMEG, with the latest addition La Mer.

In addition to popular features like Brand Mega Offers and a bold returns policy of up to five times compensation[2] across the region, consumers will gain access to their favourite brands through an intimate, visual storytelling experience. This includes an enhanced discovery spotlight via The Prestige Edit, which features content-rich thematic editorial sections.

The 9.9 Biggest Brands Sale event will bring together the region's most renowned brands as well as favourite Lazada marketplace merchants, and delight Southeast Asian consumers with exclusive deals and offers via an exclusive curation of time-limited Brand Mega Offers and Flash Sale promotions on 9 September[3].

Syncing up with the festivities, Lazada's mascot Lazzie will also make his idol trainee debut via Lazada's newest addition on LazGames – Lazzie Star. Shoppers can help Lazzie to "level up" to become a Super Star, by completing a series of daily tasks and special missions that will unlock exclusive platform and seller vouchers as well as Lazada Bonus rewards.

[1] Currently available in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. In Thailand, it is named LazMall Premium. Categories and brands might differ in each market.

[2] Compensation policy for purchases proven to be non-authentic – up to 5x in Malaysia, and up to 2x in Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Terms and conditions apply.

[3] The 9.9 campaign will run on 9 September 2021 in Singapore, and 9 to 11 September 2021 in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. Commercial promotions and mechanics differ in each of the six Southeast Asian markets Lazada operates in.

About Lazada Group

Founded in 2012, Lazada Group is the leading eCommerce platform in Southeast Asia. We are accelerating progress in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam through commerce and technology. With the largest logistics and payments networks in the region, Lazada is a part of our consumers' daily lives in the region and we aim to serve 300 million shoppers by 2030. Since 2016, Lazada has been the Southeast Asia flagship platform of Alibaba Group powered by its world-class technology infrastructure.

SOURCE Lazada Group

Source: businessinsider

Edited by Chocolate

1577805804-ks.png

Hyun Bin's "Tom Ford Beauty" promotion 2nd image has been unveiled ... Chic and gentlemanly appearance

Kstyle August 16, 2021 18:15

Sleek 🔥

8Gi7U5B.jpg

Source: @bean82925

Tom Ford Beauty has released the latest promotional images, videos, and making footage of actor Hyun Bin, who was appointed as Asia Pacific's first Tom Ford Fragrance Attaché.

With the scent of the first promotion "Soleil Brulon" as a fragrance attaché, the video released on July 29 is about to exceed 700,000 views as early as possible.

The second fragrance that follows is the world-famous long-selling "Oud Wood Eau de Parfum Spray" from the Tom Ford Private Blend Collection. The exotic warmth and rich sensuality of rare oud wood and amber are expressed in a chic and gentlemanly appearance in a monochrome world view. This work contrasts with the first visual, which is reminiscent of the dazzling sun, which attractively embodies the invitation to a free-spirited summer.

Hyun Bin will continue to appear in various promotions as the face of Tom Ford Beauty's fragrance.

Source: kstyle | Translated by Google

Edited by Chocolate