[K-Artist] Chae Jong Hyeop

An interesting fact about Chae Jong Hyeop is that he has studied abroad. When he was in middle school, he spent a year in Thailand. He also lived in Pretoria, South Africa until he was 21. He's 28 now, so that means he's only been back in South Korea for the last 7 years! 

He also mentioned that he was a model in South Africa but that didn't go well. 

Chae Jong Hyeop was teased a bit on Amazing Saturday because he didn't recognize an idol songs. He likes listening to Western pop music. Some songs he's mentioned:

Tayo Sound - Nervous

Spoiler

Anson Seabra - Emerald Eyes 

Spoiler

I'm actually a fan of Anson so I'm happy to hear that Chae Jong Hyeop likes him too!!

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

An interesting fact about Chae Jong Hyeop is that he has studied abroad. When he was in middle school, he spent a year in Thailand. He also lived in Pretoria, South Africa until he was 21. He's 28 now, so that means he's only been back in South Korea for the last 7 years! 

He also mentioned that he was a model in South Africa but that didn't go well. 

I like a well travelled guy :laugh:But that's seriously a lot of travel and he's definitely more worldly than a lot of people his age in age who haven't had the same chances to live elsewhere. Wonder if it's coz his parents do work that take them abroad often? And wow, the South Africans could already see that he was handsome! :heart: But wonder why it didn't go well? :thinking:

• Like 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@SilverMoonTea @JenL I think he went by himself to study because when he's talked about it, he hasn't said anything about his parents. I wonder what they do because I think sending someone abroad for many years might be expensive. By the way, he was in South Africa for 4-5 years. Makes me wonder what his English is like? :thinking:

Green Book, the film, has been mentioned a few times from him so I think this is a favorite of his. Seems like Chae Jong Hyeop is more into Western entertainment? Hahaha! 

Spoiler

gxmEJB8.jpg

My favorite gif of Chae Jong Hyeop to brighten up any day! 

giphy.gif

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw you guys should watch Sisyphus? I first time noticed him there. Rich guy win lottery but a sad boy, cos Park Shin Hye character never noticed him lols

Haha, no. I didn't watch it because I read all the staff chat about it at the time and didn't want to try to pick it up. :laugh:

But he looked cute. :wow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chae Jong Hyeop's stills as Do Hyuk in Nevertheless. The ones by the beach are most recent and tie to the episode this week. The other one are tied to the episode from last week. 

xcIgasD.jpg

Spoiler

ooi6LCc.jpg

COr5vof.jpg

Spoiler

3ThpeOr.jpg

dcnHCsD.jpg

aCHFpPE.jpg

These Amazing Saturday photos are Chae Jong Hyeop's first appearance on a variety show. =)

• Like 1
On 7/24/2021 at 1:07 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw you guys should watch Sisyphus? I first time noticed him there. Rich guy win lottery but a sad boy, cos Park Shin Hye character never noticed him lols

Haha nah, I heard it wasn't so good as a drama? But then again sometimes I don't know if I'll like it till I try it. But it's ok Chae Jong Hyeop, you can do better than Park Shin Hye :laugh:

On 7/24/2021 at 1:53 AM, Tofu said:

I wonder what they do because I think sending someone abroad for many years might be expensive. By the way, he was in South Africa for 4-5 years. Makes me wonder what his English is like? 

Sounds like it would be very pricey! :pandatakeit: Yeah, I would think he would know how to speak some at least! 

On 7/24/2021 at 1:53 AM, Tofu said:

Green Book, the film, has been mentioned a few times from him so I think this is a favorite of his. Seems like Chae Jong Hyeop is more into Western entertainment? Hahaha! 

I haven't seen it yet, but I guess it's a meaningful film about rising above racism I think. Makes me curious to watch it now!

More Witch's Diner gifs:

OVnsEeF.gif

thnv4xz.gif

lMdPave.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

6 hours ago, JenL said:

But it's ok Chae Jong Hyeop, you can do better than Park Shin Hye

Haha! In that drama, I don't think Park Shin Hye was the right person for him. 

6 hours ago, JenL said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I guess it's a meaningful film about rising above racism I think. Makes me curious to watch it now!

Same! I think I'll have to pick it up one of these days since it's based on a true story. 

Those gifs are so :wow:.

In episode 6 of Nevertheless, Chae Jong Hyeop appeared a lot! 

@JenL What is your take on Chae Jong Hyeop playing Greg Hsu's role in Someday or One Day? I think they are making an Korean adaptation of it. I've been paying attention to rising actors to see who would suit that role and I think Chae Jong Hyeop can be a contender.....maybe it's just the smile too. Greg Hsu and Chae Jong Hyeop are smile goals. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@JenL What is your take on Chae Jong Hyeop playing Greg Hsu's role in Someday or One Day? I think they are making an Korean adaptation of it. I've been paying attention to rising actors to see who would suit that role and I think Chae Jong Hyeop can be a contender.....maybe it's just the smile too. Greg Hsu and Chae Jong Hyeop are smile goals. :heart:

Yesssss!!! Before, when someone asked me, I couldn't think of who would fit the bill to play the Korean role since it requires a certain type of youthful charm and maturity at the same time. But now that you mention it I think CJH would be a good fit :wow: 

The only thing is with the time travel/ time lines, some of the characters age, so they might have to use make up to visually age him a fair bit since he looks quite youthful. What good genes :eeeee:

CJH does give me Greg Hsu and Jasper Liu vibes which is why I think I'm so taken with him. I think he's forced his way into the VIP tier of my heart :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@JenL I'm glad you feel the same way. As I'm watching Someday or One Day, I think Chae Jong Hyeop could definitely do well in that role. I hope he gets invited to audition if they do plan on making a Korean adaptation of it. 

Yes, all three of them give off similar energy! I adore all three of them and I might been add Greg Hsu to my tracker. Haha! July has been a busy month for me. :eeeee:

:heart:

Next up on CJH's song recommendation is Noah Kahan's False Confidence. If he continues to recommend songs and artists I already like, it's going to be hard to move on. I will forever be entrapped by him. :laugh:

Spoiler

Another song he's recommended before is Beautiful by Bazzi

Spoiler

He really likes Western pop like he mentioned in Amazing Saturday. Hahaha!!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

In this interview, you hear Chae Jong Hyeop talking in English (more towards the end of the video). 

He talks about how he got interested in acting in this clip.

And then Chae Jong Hyeop and his abs. LOL!! 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
19 hours ago, JenL said:

Is this some sort of still from Sisyphus the myth

He was modeling for a clothing brand, Buckaroo. He must have been filming for Sisyphus based on the hair color he has. Bu the way, Chae Jong Hyeop mentioned that his hair color was the difficult thing about his role in that drama. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Thanks for that @Tofu ...I thought he looked quite good in the blonde, though I guess bleach kills your hair very badly!

Hahaha...even if he tried hard not to be cute, he wouldn't be able to succeed... :smile:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

OMG @JenL!!! That video edit of Chae Jong Hyeop....:lmao2:

Seriously speaking though, if they do not develop into a couple (maybe in a few years since Gil Yong is still a highschooler), can both leads act in another drama together? I love their on and off screen relationship. :wow:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1