Café Minamdang 미남당

Cafe-Minamdang.jpg

Korean Title: Minamdang / 미남당
English Title: Good Looking Male Shaman / Cafe Minamdang
Adapted FromMinamdang Sagun Soochub (Minamdang - Case Note) by Jung Jae-Han
Director: Ko Jae Hyun (Previous work: Dinnermate, The Player)
Writer: Park Hye Jin (Previous work: The Emperor: Owner of the Mask)
Network: KBS
Episodes: 16
Release Date: June 27th, 2022 (Monday & Tuesday)
English Subtitles
Official Website

Synopsis

Nam Han Joon (Seo In Guk) is a former criminal profiler, who now works as a fraudster. For his scams, he disguises himself as a fortune teller and runs the fortune teller shop Minamdang. He attracts customers with his attractive physical appearance and smooth talking skills. He scams his customers for money, but he also gets involved in their cases and helps solve them. He even provides customer service for his clients. Nam Han Joon's partners are Soo Cheol and Nam Hye Joon. Soo Cheol runs a private detective agency and Nam Hye Joon is Nam Han Joon’s younger sister. She is an elite hacker.

Han Jae Hee (Oh Yeon Seo) has worked as a detective for 3 years. She is enthusiastic about her job and tries to follow a righteous path. Somehow, Han Jae Hee gets involved with Nam Han Joon. (Credit)

• Like 3

Cast.

FT-QNs-Pak-AUGGRx.jpg

Seo In Guk as Nam Han Joon

A fraudulent baksumudang, who is also a former profiler. Born with great fortune, a handsome face, and extravagant talking skills, he’s a maverick of the shaman world. Nam Han Joon uses his profiling skills to accurately perceive what the customers want and even solves their problems perfectly. (Credit)

FTA9-N8q-Uc-AANt2-J.jpg

Oh Yeon Seo as Han Jae Hee

A violent crimes division’s team leader Han Jae Hee. She’s righteous, lighthearted, quirky, sincere, and doesn’t hold grudges. However, when something isn’t right, she often insults people regardless of status and even uses her firsts. (Credit)

FTl-Lp-WIVs-AAMBc-Y.jpg

Kwak Si Yang as Gong Soo Cheol

A barista at Minamdang during the day and a homicide detective at night. Unlike his wild and rough appearance, Soo-cheol has a friendly and cute charm. He shows deep affection for Han-joon as a loyalist. (Credit)

Spoiler

FTa-N58-Mac-AA8-Sba.jpg

Kang Mina as Nam Hye Joon

A former NIS ace and Han-joon's younger sister. She has a free-spirited and easy-going personality. (Credit)

Spoiler

FTk4l36ag-AAg-LRp.jpg

Kwon Soo Hyun as Cha Do Won

A prosecutor of the Western District Prosecutors' Office's Criminal Affairs Department, Cha Do-won. Nothing is missing from appearance, study, or wealth. He is famous for his versatility and righteousness, but he has different personality behind his gentle smile. (Credit)

Spoiler

junghajoon.jpg

Jung Ha Joon as Na Kwang Tae

A rookie police detective who is meticulous, persistent and doesn't endure rude and unfair things.

Spoiler

baekseohoo.jpg

Baek Seo Hoo as Jo Na Dan

A part-time employee of Minamdang Cafe. He gains popularity from women due to his cute puppy-like beauty, but he turns into a swearword when meets rude customers.

• Like 4

Seo In Guk And Oh Yeon Seo Confirmed To Star In New Drama

Nov 15, 2021 | by S. Nam

Seo In Guk and Oh Yeon Seo will be starring in the upcoming drama “Minamdang: Case Note” (literal title) together!

Based on a popular web novel of the same name, “Minamdang: Case Note” is a mystery comedy about the events that unfold as former profiler Nam Han Joon becomes a baksumudang (male shaman) and meets violent crimes division’s team leader Han Jae Hee.

Having starred in the dramas “King of High School,” “Squad 38,” “Shopaholic Louis,” and “Doom at Your Service,” as well as the films “No Breathing” and “Pipeline,” Seo In Guk has already impressed viewers with his wide acting spectrum. In the upcoming drama, he’ll be transforming into the fraudulent baksumudang Nam Han Joon, who is also a former profiler. Born with great fortune, a handsome face, and extravagant talking skills, he’s a maverick of the shaman world. Nam Han Joon uses his profiling skills to accurately perceive what the customers want and even solves their problems perfectly.

Oh Yeon Seo will be playing the violent crimes division’s team leader Han Jae Hee. She’s righteous, lighthearted, quirky, sincere, and doesn’t hold grudges. However, when something isn’t right, she often insults people regardless of status and even uses her firsts. Viewers are already looking forward to Oh Yeon Seo’s acting as an easygoing detective who defends her beliefs after having seen her in “Jang Bori is Here,” “Come Back Alive,” “My Sassy Girl,” “Hwayugi,” and “Mad for Each Other.”

The drama will be helmed by director Go Jae Hyun of “Dinner Mate” and “Player” and written by screenwriter Park Hye Jin of the drama “Ruler: Master of the Mask” and the films “The Yellow Sea” and “Kundo: Age of the Rampant.” “Minamdang: Case Note” will begin filming soon and is slated to premiere in the first half of next year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1498828wpp/seo-in-guk-and-oh-yeon-seo-confirmed-to-star-in-new-drama

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Seems like we will get to see Seo In Guk in suits because his character likes to wear them. :cool: Will you watch, @stroppyse? No real shamans this time, just a fake one. 

I have not watched any of this PD or writer's other works, so those don't hold any attraction for me, but I am rather fond of Seo In Guk. And, when Oh Yeon So gets a good director, her acting is also pretty good. So, maybe. It kind of feels as if SIG has played a role similar to this before.

Anyway, the name of the drama Minamdang literally means "good looking male shaman". LOL. Well, it's a mash up word, but that's what it means anyway. So, SIG is good looking and he's going to pass himself off as a shaman albeit fraudulently. I like that it's not a supernatural story as well, so I'll have to check out the first few episodes anyway.

Thanks for tagging me @Tofu! So, it airs next year?

• Haha 1

@stroppyse I liked Dinnermate and The Player. I don't remember much about the latter, but a few of us enjoyed Dinnermate here. Both were lead by SSH. Haha! 

On 11/22/2021 at 12:34 AM, stroppyse said:

Anyway, the name of the drama Minamdang literally means "good looking male shaman".

Hahaha!! That's hilarious. I'm going to use that as the English title for now. :eeeee:

Casting news. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LOLLLL I must say SIG is very good with this kind of quirky roles... @Tofu @JenL

Hahaha, he's so extra and I love it. I'll watch when it comes out. Just remind me if I forget :pandahehe:

• Like 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days