Crash Course In Romance 일타스캔들 [2023]

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Anyway, that boy who came back to school... what sports was he doing? Not baseball right? I forgot to pay attention to that.

He played hockey.

OST#3 - Very nice OST

The lyrics 

Spoiler

耀眼的光芒的另一邊  在燦爛人生的另一端
深入人心  我們如此痛苦

向你伸出瘦削地手  就算想要傳遞小小的溫暖
整個冬天堅定的心  會加什麼重量呢

我們打開悲傷之門  違背這所有地傷痛楚
站在光的一邊 回到生活的懷抱  能達到嗎

我們打開悲傷之門  違背這所有地傷痛楚
向着你的懷抱  能活下去嗎

我們打開悲傷之門  違背這所有地傷痛楚
站在光的一邊 回到生活的懷抱  能達到嗎

我們打開悲傷之門  違背這所有地傷痛楚
向着你的懷抱  能活下去嗎  能活下去嗎

To the other side of the light
On the other side of a brilliant life,
In this heart that's penetrating,
We're in pain.

I reach out to you.
Even if I want to give you a little warmth,
My firm heart throughout the winter
What weight should I add?

We opened the door to grief
Against all this pain,
On the side of the light, into the arms of life
Will we be able to reach it?

Against all this pain,
To your wide arms
Will I be able to survive?

Against all this pain,
On the side of the light, into the arms of life
Will we be able to reach it?

Against all this pain,
To your wide arms

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

21 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Choi Chi Yeol is such a drama queen.

He is ! Thanks to  him , I do laugh a lot though - sometimes he’s so prickly & cranky. But you can really see the change in his mood now that he’s well fed. 😆

Only managed to watch till eps 5 ( will catch eps6 later ) but those mothers are really too much. A kid died & they can only just think of themselves. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I believe the assistant is the younger brother of the student who committed suicide. 
1. Maybe the brother didn’t kill his mom like the cop thinks. 
2. There was no proof he killed her 

3. maybe the mom died because she tried to stop hee son from committing suicide

4. The vilain in the present maybe very obsessed with CY. 

I am glad we had a flashback on what happened in the past. TBH , I blame the mom not the teacher for her daughter’s death. She was so desperate for her child to succeed, that she didn’t care about the position she was putting her child because she didn’t believe in her kid. She was pressuring her child to be the best and not caring for her mental health.  What is wrong with CY old classmate. He really frustrates me for being STUPID. He is such a jealous person , he is jealous because CY succeeded even though he had to start from scratch as a teacher. He makes a lot of money and is well loved by his students unlike him. He refuses to admit that CY is a good teacher and while he isn’t as smart at CY. 
What do you guys think?? @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama @

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 minute ago, UnniSara said:

I believe the assistant is the younger brother of the student who committed suicide. 
1. Maybe the brother didn’t kill his mom like the cop thinks. 
2. There was no proof he killed her 

3. maybe the mom died because she tried to stop hee son from committing suicide

4. The vilain in the present maybe very obsessed with CY. 

I am glad we had a flashback on what happened in the past. TBH , I blame the mom not the teacher for her daughter’s death.

I too believe Assistant Ji is the younger brother of that student. As to why their surname is different, could be different father, or he took up her mother's surname. I also believe he didn't kill his mother. That's what media said. He was just at the scene, there is no proof he killed her. 

Agree that the mother has no faith in her daughter's ability that she had to resort to stealing the questions. If I were the daughter, I would feel super bad too, knowing I have done the questions before. 

I don't think the villain is Assistant Ji, nor Seon Jae's brother. Must be someone we haven't been introduced before. Anyway, I really don't understand why their mother is still not able to evaluate herself. She has driven one son into reclusiveness, yet she is still demanding her other son to excel, basically driving him to the same path as her older son....?? I want to pity her, seeing how she tries to talk to the older son, but I cannot.... 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

41 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyway, I really don't understand why their mother is still not able to evaluate herself. She has driven one son into reclusiveness, yet she is still demanding her other son to excel, basically driving him to the same path as her older son....?? I want to pity her, seeing how she tries to talk to the older son, but I cannot.... 

I don’t pity her at all, she is pushing everyone in her life. Even after the misleading investigation being labeled as SUICIDE, she still doesn’t think about her kid’s mental health. 

I feel bad for Seon Jae, he might lose the girl. I am hoping not.  Hae Yi and Seon Jae are so cute together. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I feel bad for Seon Jae, he might lose the girl. I am hoping not.  Hae Yi and Seon Jae are so cute together. 

Yeah, I ship them too, although I like the new kid too. Their friendship is precious, but maybe that is it, only can be friends. With a mother like that, I kinda don’t want Hae Yi to be with him.... 😔

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Glad the show finally gave us the past that haunted Chi Yeol. It's not really what I thought it to be. Seems like both teachers (Chi Yeol and the other teacher) are plagued by their guilt towards the female student's death. The old classmate most likely misunderstood Chi Yeol being involved in it, and wouldn't let Chi Yeol explain himself. Agree with you @UnniSara, ultimately it is the female student's mother's fault.

I'm definitely confused as to who the attacker/stalker is now. I can't imagine Ji Dong Hui being the culprit. No, I refuse to. He genuinely is worried and cared about Chi Yeol. This attacker is cruel and agressive enough to kill cats! I don't want Ji Dong Hui to be that byeontae. I hope it's not Lee Hui Jae either. Seon Jae is too sweet and I don't want him to have a Hyung who is a killer.

So did Choi Chi Yeol manage to dodge the annoying mother and daughter? I hope so. It seems like it from the preview since Chi Yeol continues to spend time with them. Hehehe, funny how he's fallen for her and vice versa.

I'm glad Hae Yi tells Seon Jae the truth. I think they care about/like each other so it's nice that they both decided to be honest with one another.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
4 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I believe the assistant is the younger brother of the student who committed suicide

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

'm definitely confused as to who the attacker/stalker is now. I can't imagine Ji Dong Hui being the culprit. No, I refuse to.

So I think @UnniSara is right about Manager Ji being the younger brother of the girl who took her own life. And like you @mademoiselle , I too don't want Ji to be the killer. SJ's brother is unlikely candidate. I don't think he is the one throwing the metal balls. He had gone there to save the cats. 

Su A and her mother are just plain awful, but I agree with @ktcjdrama....it's mothers like SJ's that I feel are the worst. Pushing the kid beyond their limit. SJ's mum should realise she's already messed up one kid, and she still doesn't realise that her other child could also go the wrong way. Anyhow I doubt SA and the mother made the connection between CY tutoring Hae Ee yet since in the preview we still had SJ's mother asking him if he gave the All Care materials to Hae Ee.

In some ways I understand CY - as in the introvert in him gets very tired around extremely extroverted people. HS is somewhat the complete opposite. She's got so much energy that I feel tired watching her talk non-stop :hug:. But this is not altogether a bad thing for CY. He needs someone like HS who is not easily fazed to help him come out of that anti-social shell of his. 

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yeah, I ship them too, although I like the new kid too. Their friendship is precious, but maybe that is it, only can be friends. With a mother like that, I kinda don’t want Hae Yi to be with him.... 😔

I was on undecided too about this love line - Mr Ice Hockey has the fun bad boy vibes. But deep down , I would prefer the good kid. So more partial to SJ. Especially after eps 6, there's a close bond between the two that I like. However , they are still young . And he will be powerless against his crazy mother. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

having just watched until episode 6, all I would say is fellow actors Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho are perfectly play their role in this drama. if you like romance and love stories, you are sure to be caught up in this one. I hesitate to use the word "enjoy" here. although it evokes feelings something like that. :hearties:  I like the part where Chi Yeol has never felt the happiness and joy of having eaten fully to his satisfaction. Haeng Seon, care and affection for him become apparent through her as she has a nice, friendly smile. definitely one of the best romantic drama to exist. I love the nuanced and realistic approach of the story. the acting is good. I'm rooting for the whole cast. moreover, the scenes also revealed their admiration for the way the show portrayed the character of Haeng Seon's brother (Jae Woo) and the injustice he faced. everything seemed so real, I could relate to every scene, every unspoken word and every gesture because in real world he don't talk that much. it will be very painful? flashbacks reveal more of the past as Su Hyeon is tutored by Chi Yeol. the students in his class are mesmerized by his charm and  become infatuated with him as he more actively engaged in the class, and seem to put more effort into the class. I loved it. there was a good amount of really nicely staged and choreographed scenes, and they made good use of the landscape and urban setting around them. Heung Seon encourages Chi Yeol to loosen up and do some exercises with her. rear view of a couple silhouette sitting, enjoying stretching lesson at sunset outside. Chi Yeol, Heung Seon couple watching sunset beside the river. it's perfect. colour tones of the shots are so beautiful. there's some plot to it, quite light and not stressful. eagerly waiting for the remaining episodes. a must watch for people who love offbeat rom-com. :pandapopcorn:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Episode 7 is really funny... :laugh: Sooo looking forward to ep.8, where he will shower the Nam's family with lotsa love. Hae Yi is truly smart girl, she could read the signs and asked her mother to change and no need to rush back.

Those mothers though... getting so upset over ranking in the school. So what if your kid gets the first ranking in the school? Can they then always be the first in the district? In the city? In the country? In the world? There is no limit, you know... Like, what are you pushing your children to be? Looks like Soo-ah is going to lose it for stressing over academic achievement too much. She doesn't even bother to go for PE classes. A well educated person is one who is educated all around, in every aspects. That is the way to survive in society, in the world. I am so frustrated seeing those mothers, even though this stuff has been presented numerous times in k-dramas. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Have only watched up to Saturday’s episode. It was so adorable to see CY realise that his heart is fluttering hard. I think what’s really great is that he recognises those feelings . One the positive things about this show is how it’s trying to emphasise the importance of mental health. Getting psychological help like what CY is doing is a big step in overcoming the issues he has . 

I am also glad that he realized who her mum is. 

Preview for next week 

Aiks .. so the other mothers found out ? 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am also glad that he realized who her mum is. 

That part was so touching. How he quietly recalls those times. I am happy to see him be a grateful person, not forgetting the one who helped him through his most difficult times. But what’s with these kdrama people, not saying anything when they discover a mutual acquaintance. I would be like “Hey! I know your mom!! We go way back!”

It’s interesting that there is a law in SK regarding private tutoring. But anyhow, I don’t get why making his name bad in the industry would be of any benefit to those mothers, like what we’re  seeing Su-a mother try to do in preview. Or did she just spread rumors about the Nams? Those unhealthy competition. Wouldn’t it be easier to just invite HY to the group, there’s an empty spot anyway, thus putting a stop to private tutoring? But of course, Su-a cannot stand being in the “same level” as HY, so she cannot and must not join the group. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

On 2/6/2023 at 6:41 AM, ktcjdrama said:

But of course, Su-a cannot stand being in the “same level” as HY, so she cannot and must not join the group. 

She's the type that can't see someone she saw as below her to be more successful than her. Such an annoying type. She knew she's the reason HY got kicked out of the special class. But then when HY worked hard on something, she wanted to know about it too as if she didn't accept that she already has so much privileged than HY. 

On 2/6/2023 at 6:41 AM, ktcjdrama said:

But anyhow, I don’t get why making his name bad in the industry would be of any benefit to those mothers, like what we’re  seeing Su-a mother try to do in preview. Or did she just spread rumors about the Nams?

She needs CY to teach for her daughter so I think probably she and the other mom will spread bad words about Nam family. That's why in the preview, customers stop coming to the shop. 

And about the mysterious attacker.. Is it really HJ? I don't want to suspect manager Ji, but I couldn't help to be suspicious about him. 

@SilverMoonTeacome here already and share your love about the drama :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

The memories Chi Yeol recalled was sweet. But did he explain his feelings away as that or he's admitting to it now is unclear. I thought the scene of them eating fine dining was hilarious. I'd have enjoyed it thoroughly instead of feeling unease. I'm also surprised he'd tell Ji Dong Hui all about it and trust him enough to handle all the real estate affairs. I'm definitely fingers and toes crossing Shin Jae Ha won't turn out to be the attacker. Seeing how nothing happened to Haeng Seon's family, I'm going to guess it isn't him. He already knows A LOT and if he really is jealous or a stalker of Chi Yeol, he would have harmed them all by now. So Drama God, pretty pleaseeeee!

I don't understand why the actor, Ji Il Joo, has been playing a slimy character these days. Last I remember, he was a stalkerish byeontae director in Find Me In Your Memory. He's quite a good-looking guy and he has played good (Healer's father) and goofy character (Weightlifting fairy) before.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, LaLa said:

@SilverMoonTeacome here already and share your love about the drama :laugh:

I appreciate the fact that Chi Yeol love seems deepening by the fact that she's the daughter of the restaurant owner who helped him unconditionally during his dark hours in the past. 

The ending where they're under car spotlight looks like some affair couple got caught up by paparazzi 😅 And talking about affair, I can't wait for that mom's club leader to found out that her husband have affair! She seems so oblivious to other people's pain and stomp on others easily. Hope she can learn something from it. 

I actually love how the drama introduced the third party, piano lady, to make their relationship more tumultuous 😅 It's nice to see Haeng Seon finally also caught up with the heat. I wonder if piano lady family will give CY trouble? The matchmaker was repeating her question many times, if CY really want to be introduced to her. 

@abs-oluteMis absolutely right, JKH is really good playing as lovelorn guy. I actually watched Falling for Innocence for probably three times, and I didn't even use fastforward button 😅😂 He was so amusing there. 

Btw why our friend @Tofunot here? 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

He already knows A LOT and if he really is jealous or a stalker of Chi Yeol, he would have harmed them all by now. So Drama God, pretty pleaseeeee!

If it turns out that Manager Ji is the culprit, I think his justification probably that he wanted to protect CY and gives him happiness. He clearly can see what Nam's family can give happiness and make him healthier the more CY spends his time with them. And if he indeed thr culprit, he has attacked the shop before with smashing the window, didn't he? Back then the fragile looking CY was threatened by HS because they still misunderstood about the tiger thief :laugh:

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I wonder if piano lady family will give CY trouble? The matchmaker was repeating her question many times, if CY really want to be introduced to her. 

I think it's more about she afraid that later CY would step back and said he was forced to attend and do the blind date. At that time CY was desperate in his denial for his heart. Now that he admitted that he's normal (according to him), naturally he wanted to back off, but the pianist lady wouldn't easily accept I guess..  I hope this plot won't be long since we have to deal with the single but married in society eyes problem, problems by the crazy mothers etc. 

• Like 5

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Tangible-Bogus-Copperbutterfly-size-rest

Content Writing Reporter Park Soo In

202302091022096310-2-20230209102502487.j

(Photo = Courtesy of PLK Good Friends)

Actor Lee Sang Yi makes a special appearance in 'Crash Course In Romance''.

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Course In Romance' (Director Yoo Je Won, Scriptwriter Yang Hee Seung, Production Studio Dragon) is a bittersweet story between Nam Haeng Seon (played by Jeon Do Yeon), a woman with a heart of gold and Choi Chi Yeol (played by Jung Kyung Ho), a celebrity math instructor's class.

Lee Sang Yi will appear in episode 9, which airs on February, 11 and will act as a key player to make the drama more exciting by working with Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho, who are leading the romance development in the play. Lee Sang Yi's comfirmed preserving as special appearance in relationship between director Yoo Je Won, who he met in 'Hometown Cha Cha-Cha', and writer Yang Hee Seung, who worked together in 'Once Again'. 

Meanwhile, Lee Sang Yi is meeting with the audience in the role of promising playwright and poet for 'Shakespeare In Love'. 

'Crash Course In Romance' is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 pm.

https://m.newsen.com/

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 2/8/2023 at 4:19 PM, LaLa said:
On 2/7/2023 at 8:34 PM, mademoiselle said:

He already knows A LOT and if he really is jealous or a stalker of Chi Yeol, he would have harmed them all by now. So Drama God, pretty pleaseeeee!

If it turns out that Manager Ji is the culprit, I think his justification probably that he wanted to protect CY and gives him happiness. He clearly can see what Nam's family can give happiness and make him healthier the more CY spends his time with them. And if he indeed thr culprit, he has attacked the shop before with smashing the window, didn't he? Back then the fragile looking CY was threatened by HS because they still misunderstood about the tiger thief :laugh:

I do hope it isn't Manager Ji who is the culprit though he would be the character with the most motive to do so. I mean I like grey characters but a murderer is another story . LOL

On 2/7/2023 at 9:05 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMis absolutely right, JKH is really good playing as lovelorn guy. I actually watched Falling for Innocence for probably three times, and I didn't even use fastforward button 😅😂 He was so amusing there. 

He is the master of such roles. I have been watching him since Heartless City - he's perfected playing these prickly type characters who are somehow really kind.

------------

These mothers are too much. What CY does with his personal time, is his problem. Is it any wonder such kids grow up to be such awful people. Anyhow, I don't think there is anything they can do isn't it? 

• Like 4