Hidden Love 偷偷藏不住 [2023]

Tofu

@mademoiselle, I was completely surprised by how much I really like this drama. I'm not a huge youth drama fan, even more so when I have to read subtitles. I've only powered through some of the youth kdramas because I can listen to it on background while I'm multi-tasking other things.

So, this drama had my complete attention while I was watching. JiaXu is a totally adorable character, but it's really the OTP together who made this drama so special. Actually, JiaXu may supplant my affection for YY's Xiao Nai as male youth lead... Oh, but YY can still force me to at least give any drama that he's in a try, even if I don't necessarily finish them. Not sure that Chen Zheyuan is quite at that level for me yet.

However, I am eager to give both Chen Zheyuan and Zhao Lusi another try. Any dramas that you would recommend with either of them in it?

• Like 2

@stroppyse For Lusi, my other favourite is Love Like the Galaxy. But this one is a costume drama so I don't know if it will appeal to you. I'm sure you remember how much we raved about this drama last year.

For Chen Zhe Yuan, he is new Oppa to me. I haven't seen many of his works. Hidden Love is most current filmed (by timeline). I FF'd through Handsome Siblings on NF - not recommended. I recently finished The Princess & the Werewolf - drama wise, not that great, but he's gorgeous. I think the others said "Our Secrets" is nice. Another coming of age drama & many liked this character. He's really young in this drama. I prefer his current looks now, more mature and less boyish.

YY - did you complete You Are My Glory? This was another happy drama (adult version) 😆

• Like 3
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

YY - did you complete You Are My Glory? This was another happy drama (adult version) 😆

Yes, I finally finished YAMG. I thought the start was slow, but I ended up really liking it. Though, to be honest, I probably stuck with it because of YY. :duckhearts:

Thanks for the other recs. I might wait for Chen Zhe Yuan's next drama instead, though I might give LLTG a try. I'm not huge into Chinese costume dramas, however, so don't know how much of it I'll actually watch.

• Haha 3
On 8/26/2023 at 11:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

Yang Yang as Yu Tu was love. He was very pretty in King of Avatar too. Did you watch that one? But I didn't like the dramas after YAMG, unfortunately. :idk:

So funny that you should mention King of Avatar. I had started it a number of times, but dropped it each time because I felt there was a lack of story versus avatars fighting in online dungeons. YY is very pretty in it, however, so I just recently watched a few more episodes. YY plays TWINS in KoA! Both of them are very pretty. :wow:

On 8/26/2023 at 11:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

Do give LLTG a try. It's really good too. You might actually fall for Wu Lei next and forget Chen Zhe Yuan (I really hoped not).

Okay, will let you know after I've given LLTG a try. Doubt I'll forget CZY!

• Like 3

@stroppyse I was making dumplings and wanted to have something on. I thought I'll try King of Avatar, with the mind that I didn't need to concentrate that much and I'd be able to see handsome YY. I ended up engrossed in the end, but more of the games than the actual real-life human's story :laugh:.

Other than Hidden Love and enjoying Destined With You, I'm not very captivated with current dramas. Plus I miss CZY, so I'm now actually tempted to try out his older dramas such as Our Secret or Mr. Bad. I just wanted to watch him act. His fan recently shares these, and I'm all :wow: again...

F48F_2SaEAAXvU1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

F48F_2QbkAEczgf?format=jpg&name=4096x409F48GGS9aQAA0O2z?format=jpg&name=4096x409F48GGTCaAAA1oFX?format=jpg&name=largeF48GJSgaMAAjBfG?format=jpg&name=4096x409F48GJTBboAADuzP?format=jpg&name=4096x409F48GJTnasAAYVZo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Can't get enough of DJX...! Oh yeah, how's Fly Me Towards You? Is it good?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yeah, how's Fly Me Towards You? Is it good?

I ended up enjoying FMTY quite a bit. The female lead in that drama feels a bit like a newbie. She's clearly supposed to be a cheerful, smiling character, but occasionally, her smiling feels a bit forced. Still, it was fun, with a good, consistent story line.

It's from the same writer as Hidden Love, and so it takes a story of youthful love which is enduring and makes it engaging and not frustrating. I totally recommend it.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@mademoiselle, I finally looked up LLTG and there are over 50 episodes in it!

Also, I just realized that I had watched a couple of episodes of Who Rules the World which starred YY and ZL, but didn't finish it. Which did you like better between LLTG and WRTW?

LLTG all the way. I think Wu Lei is a stronger actor than YY (maybe just not in kissing ahahaha).

Thanks! I'll put FMTY in my watch list.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3