Hidden Love 偷偷藏不住 [2023]

Tofu

On 6/30/2023 at 8:26 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Alice Wonderland I think... it's @Maya isn't it? @NiteWalker also long time no see liao. Come watch fresh meat with us.

@OsmanthusTea Hidden Love has good chemie but why don't you try? Hahaha! So you watched Tale of Nine Tailed S1 or S2? You should have come say hi. Tofu and I were there hanging out and swooning at the bromance / I mean, Kim Beom. LOL

i did i did.....hahaha sorry really no times recently hahahaha been watching up to episode 16 now...totally in love with it

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

HAHAHAHAHA! :heart:

i totally love this one....Jiaxu didnt catch it when she said "Why so flat!!!"

hahahaha i was laughing like mad hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hi @NiteWalker! 👋

I am a bit confused with that scene. She went from saying she is flat to saying he is flat 😆...so is she also complaining he has no man books 🤣

actually she was drunk and hammered out, so whatever she said are in pieces, she started off by saying he can't piggy back her due to her weight and she was im 45kg so im should be pretty good however i'm flat, means she doesnt have much of a bust hahahahaha, then she look over and he was smiling not really catching what she meant by being flat and then she said that he is flat too....and told him not to dwell on it as they can't fight the nature, it isn't their faults they are born flat

:laugh:

• Haha 2
On 7/1/2023 at 11:05 PM, Maya said:

For those who aren't aware, there were Karens calling for banning this drama because it was supposedly promoting grooming/pedophilia.

HUH!???   Well guess they have lead a very boring life.  The drama takes me back to my youth.  Had the same kind of crush.  The story is enjoyable reminder with sweet sprinkles of puppy love.

• Like 4

Episode 17

My favourite scene is after Sang Zhi agreed to be his girlfriend and they sat at the beach. Jia Xu just stares at her adoringly with smiles, and even bit his lips. The lip biting was a kyaaaa~ moment and I love that he immediately tells her about his family. It's a very short summary but the main points are all there. There was a lot of moving moment for Jia Xu that day. I'm sure all that gesture from Sang Zhi means a lot to him, and Sang Zhi will become his first loved ones since losing his mother and father.

Oh oh... I can't believe Sang Zhi never got the chance to see Jia Xu play basketball during his school days! He would have been super duper shuai on the court! Luckily he was still capable, ahem, because in real life that didn't happen to all of my guy friends who told me how good they were in playing basketball, and they were the same age as Jia Xu at the time. So to this day, I still think they were all bragging. :laugh: Looks like Chen Zhe Yuan really know how to play, which makes the scenes look more natural.

----

Episode 18

Don't have much to say about this episode.

----

Did they create two character accounts to promote this drama?! Coz these photos come from there!

008z0d9fgy1hfjv36gvsfj33402c0b2c.jpg

Spoiler

008z0d9fgy1hfjv3bg662j33402c0hdw.jpg
008z1o2jgy1hfjv16p119j33402c0b2c.jpg
008z1o2jgy1hfjv1cz3ptj33402c0hdw.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
17 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

however i'm flat, means she doesnt have much of a bust hahahahaha, then she look over and he was smiling not really catching what she meant by being flat and then she said that he is flat too....and told him not to dwell on it as they can't fight the nature, it isn't their faults they are born flat

Second hand embarrassment is real for her drunken rants being flat, LOL!

Manhua version 😆 :

Spoiler

06.webp

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh oh... I can't believe Sang Zhi never got the chance to see Jia Xu play basketball during his school days!

Maybe cos Sang Yan won't bring her to his games, hahaha!

Now that the relationship is established, DJX's eyes are way more affectionate when he looks at SZ compared to before they started dating.

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did they create two character accounts to promote this drama?! Coz these photos come from there!

Aww, aside from promoting HL, I hope it's also because Sang Yan's story is soon to be in the making. 🤩 

When it comes to looks, the Cdrama leads didn't disappoint. They're just as good-looking, and have plenty of similarities withtheir manhua counterparts.

Duan Jia Xu and Sang Yan's graduation

FRBtp_MaIAAzXhy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

ctto

Their framed pic

FRBtpQNaIAAZxJD?format=jpg&name=large

ctto

• Like 3

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

im totally loving this part totally @Maya she like a cute hamster here!!!

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

yes seems so....and they are so cute....its almost feel like ... " Hey we're dating for real"

Zhao Lusi is really another artist that seems to create good rapo with her male lead 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Looks like from the stills and E19-20 previews, there are some more time jump before Sang Yan actually discovered they are dating.

he should discover them in episode 20, Sangyan will beat Jiaxu up from the looks of the blue black on Jiaxu's face, however they still sit down and talk so i think its not that bad....

u know supporting you buddy is one thing however for him to actually dating his own little sister is another thing....infact i think Jiaxu already prepared Sangyan during Qianfei dinner where he ended up calling him GeGe the way a girl always called their brother instead of the way guys called their brother 'Ge'

i was like this sneaky old guy.....:cool:

• Haha 3

@Alice Wonderland Where are you? Still stuck under the charm of KMH and forgetting your GeGe kah? I fully expected to see you here swooning at his lip biting too! LOL!

@Maya How old is Sang Yan's girlfriend? 😆

@NiteWalker Yeah I had been spoiled by the preview of Sang Yan finding out they are dating. Him punching Jia Xu. I also believe Jia Xu fully expected it anyway, and yes, agree Jia Xu was hinting Sang Yan at the wedding by calling him "GeGe". LOL.

To be honest, they are only 5 years difference. Novel was 7-8 years, right? They made it such a big deal like he's super duper old. I thought in our traditional culture, it's always preferred husband to be much older than the wife...?

Yeah I think due to Lusi's personality, she can be seen having chemie with a lot of male leads, although I cannot really comment since I've only seen her with Yang Yang, Chen Zhe Yuan, Lei Lei and that ahjussi from Kitchen drama. I don't think her romance with Liu Yu Ning in The Long Ballad was great. There's no chemie for anyone in TLB for me. Hahaha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle hahaha ya i love that parts and honestly im waiting for that, as much as Sangyan and Sangzhi fight, he care for her in his own bossy way....

yes in the novel it was like 7 or 8 years old, the gap will be even bigger which means when they first meet if he is suppose to be in U-1 that means Sangzhi will be like only 12 years old, they close the gap a little so that it will be more appropriate and acceptable to most...

besides he didnt really romance her till she was 19 which means she is of legal age and not under 18, so im not too sure where they get the idea of grooming and so...

i have not seen the ideas of any grooming along the written scripts at all that he is preparing the girl for himself....infact they were more like a protective shell against all invaders instead, Jiaxu was ready to let her go upon learning that she might have someone she like as much as he was sad about it....it had never cross his mind that the person Sangzhi like was himself till Qianfei pin point it out for him not knowing it was Sangzhi Jiaxu is interested in :laugh: totally love it when they were having the 3 way convo

• Haha 3

@NiteWalker Did Netizens also say Jia Xu was grooming her? I disagree with that and the pedophile comment. I think even if Jia Xu likes her from the get-go, there was no ill intentions and he sure was not seeing her in a sexual way. From my POV, they are both kids—one is just much younger than the other, but still, both are a kiddo. I can say that now because I'm much older :laugh:

As for grooming, by his actions and their interactions, I'd say it is a no. They don't even see each other much at the time, let alone after he went back to Yi He. As for whether or not he likes her since the beginning since senior high, if it is a yes (based on drama), then he is more than likely waiting for her to grow up but from recent episodes, it's apparent that he wasn't. I think he does like her, but not the kind like a man towards a woman yet in the early stage. He also doesn't have time for dating because he's too busy working to pay off the debt. Whatever he may feel towards Sang Zhi, it hasn't "萌芽" coz she was a little girl.

Maybe it might have been better if the storyline make them start dating when Sang Zhi is 20. Seems like "2" is more acceptable than "1". 😅

I was LOL at the 3 way conversation. Sang Yan is hilarious and so clueless. LOL LOL. Too bad we'll only find out tomorrow night.

Oh, I thought it's funny how Qian Fei was able to identify Jia Xu is the guy Sang Zhi's described. Because, that means Qian Fei also think Jia Xu is truly an AC system!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker Did Netizens also say Jia Xu was grooming her? I disagree with that and the pedophile comment. I think even if Jia Xu likes her from the get-go, there was no ill intentions and he sure was not seeing her in a sexual way. From my POV, they are both kids—one is just much younger than the other, but still, both are a kiddo. I can say that now because I'm much older :laugh:

now now...dont you talk about being old hahahaha....you know who you're talking to right hahahaha i think i can claim that first....i dunno i read it from @Maya comment so i might be wrong, anyway it doesnt matter what they think.....

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

As for grooming, by his actions and their interactions, I'd say it is a no. They don't even see each other much at the time, let alone after he went back to Yi He. As for whether or not he likes her since the beginning, if it is a yes (based on drama), then he is more than likely waiting for her to grow up but from recent episodes, it's apparent that he wasn't. I think he does like her, but not the kind like a man towards a woman yet in the early stage. He also doesn't have time for dating because he's too busy working to pay off the debt. Whatever he may feel towards Sang Zhi, it hasn't "萌芽" coz she was a little girl.

totally on point, he wasnt able to really focus on anything other than trying his best to clear off everything without relying on anyone, he is one tough nut at that, he was shouldering that much trying his best not to ask for help however left with no choice, he did get some help from Sangyan's parent with his mom medical bill.....in the earlier stage he probably he only see her as his buddy little sister and tried his best to look out for her because of what Sangyan's parents and Sangyan did for him during his in times of need.

i think it might be the moment when Sangzhi actually stood up for him when Jiangying came and splash that cup of water at Jiaxu, that was the points that maybe he saw something in her and slowly that feeling like you said 萌芽 :heart:

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Maybe it might have been better if the storyline make them start dating when Sang Zhi is 20. Seems like "2" is more acceptable than "1". 😅

get real!! most of those student already start dating when they are 13 hahaha

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I was LOL at the 3 way conversation. Sang Yan is hilarious and so clueless. LOL LOL. Too bad we'll only find out tomorrow night.

i totally replay that again and again just as much as i love it when the 4 guys came and fetch Sangzhi to meetup with the girls that harass her, this is totally a brother i really want, someone who can argue with you, laugh....not so much....hahaha they ended up bickering, however still look out for you 

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh, I thought it's funny how Qian Fei was able to identify Jia Xu is the guy Sang Zhi's described. Because, that means Qian Fei also think Jia Xu is truly an AC system!

he even acknowledged that HIMSELF.....

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

now now...dont you talk about being old hahahaha....you know who you're talking to right hahahaha i think i can claim that first.

Hahahaha! I know who I am talking to. You can claim first, I'll claim second 😆. I recommended this to my colleagues but told one of them maybe she won't feel nostalgic as we do because she is still super young (fresh from Uni) :laugh:

totally on point, he wasnt able to really focus on anything other than trying his best to clear off everything without relying on anyone, he is one tough nut at that, he was shouldering that much trying his best not to ask for help however left with no choice, he did get some help from Sangyan's parent with his mom medical bill.....in the earlier stage he probably he only see her as his buddy little sister and tried his best to look out for her because of what Sangyan's parents and Sangyan did for him during his in times of need.

I'd have liked that they show some backstory on Jia Xu... because there's no details on the process of how Sang Yan help him because he comes across as someone that will not share this with just about anybody. In another episode, it didn't seem like Sang Yan knows everything about his family issue either.

get real!! most of those student already start dating when they are 13 hahaha

Bwahaha! This is true at where I reside. My ex-colleague has told me she dated her then boyfriend at age 14 and he was legal age, I believe and she already slept with him. So I don't know what those Netizens are complaining about. This drama is a lot more innocent than the kids these days in real life. Those Netizens must not know their own children 😅

i totally replay that again and again just as much as i love it when the 4 guys came and fetch Sangzhi to meetup with the girls that harass her, this is totally a brother i really want, someone who can argue with you, laugh....not so much....hahaha they ended up bickering, however still look out for you 

Yup. I went "awww" ...

Spoiler

...because irl imma don't have a brother that look out/protect me, only one that bullied me. I don't miss the argument and teasing though because I suffer through it not just from siblings but my aunties and uncles. :PikachuFacePalm:

P.S. I'm going back to old episodes to watch the epilogues! Duboku cut off some of them so I didn't realise each episode has an epilogue!

===

Episode 19

Uh-oh, Jiang Ying has returned! Can't believe her friend is Sang Zhi's superior. What a bully. I wonder what will happen to her? Or Jiang Ying's misbehaviour at the karaoke will let her see who the crazy one is...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 19

Uh-oh, Jiang Ying has returned! Can't believe her friend is Sang Zhi's superior. What a bully. I wonder what will happen to her? Or Jiang Ying's misbehaviour at the karaoke will let her see who the crazy one is...

i know right!!!.....urgh.....however i think we will see Jiaxu finding out about it tomorrow i guess in episode 21?

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i know right!!!.....urgh.....however i think we will see Jiaxu finding out about it tomorrow i guess in episode 21?

Looks like he doesn't know and the superior continues to be mean to her in episode 21. I also wonder if she would tell him in episode 21. 🤔

• Like 2
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How old is Sang Yan's girlfriend?

Wen Yifan is same age as Sang Yan. They used to be classmates/deskmates when they were 13 IIRC from the novel. 😊

12 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

comment so i might be wrong, anyway it doesnt matter what they think.....

Some netizens and media peeps are too zealous over grooming and pedophilia. Which is stupid cos there's none of that in the novel, manhua, and drama. They can pound sand, LOL. 

I did see some English gossip sites of C-Ent discussing this crap, but WTH, they didn't even get the story right.

AAAARRRGH, JY's friend Xiao Yu is in the house! 😬😤😡😠🤬 She's not as unhinged as JY, but close enough!

• Like 3

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

On 7/3/2023 at 6:21 AM, mademoiselle said:

Looks like Chen Zhe Yuan really know how to play, which makes the scenes look more natural.

He does! I think he's mentioned a few times in his interviews that he likes basketball. 

I think as long as Duan Jia Xu didn't like Sang Zhi from the beginning (which he didn't), I don't mind the age gap. The age gap they have right now is pretty common between couples. The drama jumps timeline rather quickly, but I think it took Duan Jia Xu some time to realize he likes Sang Zhi. 

HL-10.gif
HL-11.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 7/3/2023 at 6:21 AM, mademoiselle said:

My favourite scene is after Sang Zhi agreed to be his girlfriend and they sat at the beach. Jia Xu just stares at her adoringly with smiles, and even bit his lips. The lip biting was a kyaaaa~ moment

I agreed, he was very shuai in this scene. :wow:

HL-013.gif

Spoiler

HL-P-01.png
HL-P-02.png
HL-P-03.png
HL-P-04.png

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

i honestly really love seeing Sangyan with Sangzhi as much as i like seeing her with Jiaxu hahaha

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Looks like he doesn't know and the superior continues to be mean to her in episode 21. I also wonder if she would tell him in episode 21. 🤔

no he doesnt even know she bump onto those 2 crazies till the later part where they make a pact for always being for each other as well as telling each other what they been thru so that each other can help to shoulder that off with one another.

however the preview cut out after that last moment so we arent sure whether Sangzhi will tell or not....i believe she will?

she is under tremendous stress from facing such a superior and she should just report that girl off, its power abuse

• Haha 1