Hidden Love 偷偷藏不住 [2023]

Tofu

@Tofu

kya-genshin.gif

You sure know what I ♥!

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

He does! I think he's mentioned a few times in his interviews that he likes basketball.

Hahaha he must get a lot of ogling eyes girls when in school. I still remember Joe Cheng had to use wires to slam dunk in ISWAK. :lmao2: Irie / Jiang Zhi Shu is supposed to be good with everything and he's not so it wasn't convincing when he did the basketball and tennis scenes. That said, I was quite impress of him in Race The World. He's not academic smart but he's good at games and thinking outside the box.

8 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i honestly really love seeing Sangyan with Sangzhi as much as i like seeing her with Jiaxu hahaha

LOL! How many times have you repeated this scene. I like it more when the actor revealed he did an ad-lib there yelling "Maaaaaa"! LOL

however the preview cut out after that last moment so we arent sure whether Sangzhi will tell or not....i believe she will?

I don't know. Will she? I am quite interested to see if she does and how Jia Xu handles this matter. Like, what is the most effective and correct way to resolve this issue between them? Or this eventually ends when his father pass away?—the "You lost your father, but I've lost both." Hahahaha, I'm ending up imagining them competiting who's worst than who.

she is under tremendous stress from facing such a superior and she should just report that girl off, its power abuse

Yeah she could, but it will have to be caught in the act else the senior manager may not believe Sang Zhi over this woman. When young, we don't know how to fight for our rights so we mostly endure the injustice. Although Gen ZA are the more vocal generation, we might see different outcome in future. If the industry is small, that horrible person could badmouth Sang Zhi and taint her future. Not sure how China works but I suspect it'd be the same (in real life circumstances).

BTW, I don't understand how Chinese culture went from addressing people by their other names in ancient time (e.g., Ling Bu Yi is Zi Sheng) to modern days, "Xiao Duan" (Little+surname) or "Lao Chen" (Old+surname). How many Xiao this and Old that will there be if many of them share the same surname? Why can't Chinese just address people by their given names? I can never get used to this whenever I watch modern Cdramas.

008z1o2jly1hfl81ugnszj30zk1n6k0o.jpg

Sang Zhi is right, Jia Xu is flat (front and back) :lmao2:

@Maya Thank you.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL! How many times have you repeated this scene. I like it more when the actor revealed he did an ad-lib there yelling "Maaaaaa"! LOL

hahaha couple of times hahaha i totally love seeing them together, he care for Sangzhi however he is bossy & loud on it, which make Sangzhi think he doesnt care when she was younger.....

he always give in to her in the end and always lets her have her ways sometimes.....

20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't know. Will she? I am quite interested to see if she does and how Jia Xu handles this matter. Like, what is the most effective and correct way to resolve this issue between them? Or this eventually ends when his father pass away?—the "You lost your father, but I've lost both." Hahahaha, I'm ending up imagining them competiting who's worst than who.

im keeping my fingers cross that she will it will be nice to see what and how it progress from there, i believe they will stick with each other

29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah she could, but it will have to be caught in the act else the senior manager may not believe Sang Zhi over this woman. When young, we don't know how to fight for our rights so we mostly endure the injustice. Although Gen ZA are the more vocal generation, we might see different outcome in future. If the industry is small, that horrible person could badmouth Sang Zhi and taint her future. Not sure how China works but I suspect it'd be the same (in real life circumstances).

true when one was young they are always unsure whether what they did is correct or wrong, what you assume right might be wrong and what you assume wrong might be right in a sense.

30 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

BTW, I don't understand how Chinese culture went from addressing people by their other names in ancient time (e.g., Ling Bu Yi is Zi Sheng) to modern days, "Xiao Duan" (Little+surname) or "Lao Chen" (Old+surname). How many Xiao this and Old that will there be if many of them share the same surname? Why can't Chinese just address people by their given names? I can never get used to this whenever I watch modern Cdramas.

erm....i dunno i just got use to watching them it got easy for me....i feel like when i read / listen to what they address i know who they are addressing by nature....

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Sang Zhi is right, Jia Xu is flat (front and back) :lmao2:

**AHEM**

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalker Naughty Jia Xu! He's literally trying to get Sang Zhi staying with him. Tsk tsk! Don't do that! He should get permission from her parents first before doing this! :PikachuFacePalm:

Spoiler

The kiss is hot 🔥 although the BTS has spoiled me many times now :laugh: but 100% very well done. @Tofu, our Lei Lei...  :jiminbtssigh:

I feel for Sang Yan. Hahahaha! I love how he instantly perks up when Sang Zhi tells Jia Xu off for hitting Sang Yan :laugh:. They are such cute siblings. Jia Xu will forever be the middle person till the end of their lives. LOL. I'm actually curious to see the girlfriend joining them. Will it end up with Jia Xu and his GF sitting at one side sipping tea whilst the siblings duke it out?! But, where is that scene where he was in the cinema with the couple? A much later scene then?

Is that the end of Jiang Ying and Xiao Yu now? Yes? Yes? Somebody confirm, please! How everything unfold about her is not bad. I like that he goes to Jiang Ying, warns her not to harass them anymore using the law. And him moving house will also stop her from going to his place. Crazy woman. I'm now wondering if at the end of the internship, Sang Zhi will clarify her stance with Xiao Yu. Xiao Yu believed Jiang Ying's lies so I don't blame her being prejudice against Sang Zhi and misunderstood Sang Zhi. Of course, that still doesn't cancel off her unprofessionalism. It was a nice /slap to her face when the Senior Manager and customer took on Sang Zhi's idea. Glad the internship is almost over now. Sayonara, Xiao Yu! Let's never meet again.

Loving the Mr and Mrs mugs. But to be honest, is the rent really affordable by Jia Xu?

OST - this pops up on my Recommendation

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Although, I think, per the novel, it wasn't a hard kick.

It's actually worse in the novel, they really had a brawl in DJX's flat! 😅

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm actually curious to see the girlfriend joining them.

I'm curious too if there's a Wen Yi Fan cameo, because if it follows the novel:

Spoiler

Wen Yi Fan follows Sang Yan to Yihe in this timeline. Before SY flew to check on SZ, the couple had some sorta tiff because 

TW!!!

Spoiler

The brother of WYF's uncle's wife, who almost raped her when she was younger, assaults and injures WYF. SY was angry with her for not telling him she got wounded, and for not taking care more that he got a chance to hurt her again.

It was darn so funny in the novel cos SY would be complaining to WYF that SY was beaten up by DJX, but SY feels he still got the better deal cos DJX had to still host him. LMAO, he would even tell WYF that even the undies he's wearing is from DJX. 

I was laughing a bit when SZ was feeling bad that SY wasn't staying longer for her to tour him around Yihe. Cos the reality is that

Spoiler

Student SY visits Yihe almost every 2 weeks to get a glimpse from afar of WYF while she attends the same uni as SZ. He will do this until WYF moves back to work in Nanwu. 😭😥😢

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is that the end of Jiang Ying and Xiao Yu now? Yes? Yes? Somebody confirm, please! How everything unfold about her is not bad. I like that he goes to Jiang Ying, warns her not to harass them anymore using the law.

Maybe enough of JY in the drama, but not yet of XY cos SZ is still interning there as of end of Ep21. XY should and would apologize because she mistreated SZ over an issue that has nothing to do with her.

Spoiler

JY doesn't fare well in the novel at the end, since her mother remarried and she would be thrown out by the stepfather and her mother because of their incessant bickering. Later on JY would be seeking mental health intervention...at least she seeks help professional finally! 

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Loving the Mr and Mrs mugs. But to be honest, is the rent really affordable by Jia Xu?

Yes. 😉 At this point he's almost about to

Spoiler

Move to Nanwu to build his own game enterprise. He's loaded from royalties, and also patents I think? of games he developed.

That house he rented in Yihe would be where he stays when he visits SZ. SZ would be shuttling back and forth to the dorm and to that rented house until she graduates 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Thanks @Maya of the novel insights.

Does Jia Xu know about Wen Yi Fan by the time he dated Sang Zhi? And does he know Sang Yan goes to Yi He every 2 weeks?

😵😳😲 so GeGe is soon to be a chaebol! Niceeee! Awesome, I was wondering if he would move to Nan Wu so that Sang Zhi can be with her family and less chances for Jiang Ying to harass them further.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
39 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Who is TW?

Trigger warning

Does Jia Xu know about Wen Yi Fan by the time he dated Sang Zhi? And does he know Sang Yan goes to Yi He every 2 weeks?

Not really, cos Wen Yi Fan returned to Nanwu when Sang Zhi was about to take her college entrance exams. DJX didn't really meet WYF until much later, when he too moved to Nanwu. As dorm mates though, he knew or at least have an idea on why SY goes to Yihe, since in the novel/manhua, he tells SZ that perhaps her brother was looking for a girlfriend during one of their tutorials. 

Gosh, there are more sweet things about SY in the novel. He's not only devoted, he's way, way, more sentimental than SZ when it comes to keepsakes.

Spoiler

1. Newspapers that WYF had articles.

2. Plane tickets to Yi He.

3. Old mobile phones that had text messages from WYF.

Awesome, I was wondering if he would move to Nan Wu so that Sang Zhi can be with her family and less chances for Jiang Ying to harass them further.

Yep, everything for Sang Zhi! And to reassure the Sang parents since that was one of their concerns when they initially objected to the relationship. Nanwu is more of a home for DJX anyway.

Edited by Maya
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

spacer.png

@NiteWalker I was really hoping YouKu would release all the episodes LOL!

The ending scene of E22 is so funny — 吃醋的哥哥 (jealous GeGe). Victor Ma's facial expressions is hilarious when Sang Zhi was being all nice to him :lmao2:. The bickering now is so endearing.

---

Edit: Never mind. Found E23 - 25 too.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Episode 23

That whole conversation with Sang Zhi's father was harsh, and stabbingly painful for Jia Xu to have to hear it from two adults who once helped him so much. At that moment I felt like I lost a bit of respect for them even though I understand their worries. In the past when I saw this bit in the preview, I had a deja vu because actress Zheng Li said the exact same line as she did in LLTG "How much do you know of his family background?" LOL. But tonight I was just feeling sorry for Jia Xu and upset on behalf of Sang Zhi at her parents.

I was hoping to see if there will be a scene of Sang Yan talking to his parents, like Maya mentioned, but looks like this has been omitted.

Eeeeeek~ the "ship" has sailed that night after Sang Zhi came clean about her very early crush him. Regretfully I actually didn't find the kisses as hot as the ones before, plus what happened to the hot kiss after the dinner and on the way home. The BTS version was so much more passionate! Arghhhh.

Episode 24

I am very impressed with Chen Zhe Yuan's crying scene! Great portrayal of Jia Xu's emotions at that moment. First, being him, pretending to be strong/ok and breaking down when Sang Zhi offered him a hug. The endured sobbing and tears flowing out of his big eyes one by one was awesomely well done! :pandablush: Thumbs up + approval from me!

The "ship" sailed again in this episode. *blush*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle I'm far behind! Just done ep 16. It's funny that she keep being stood up because of his work. But I like that they finally can have a date in the end. I like tue part when her friends re-touch her before pushing her out for the date.😆 They're such a lovely besties!

The drama stylist should try harder to make him look old! He looks so young! I wonder they're in a class or still waiting for class, they're flirting there?!🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I was hoping to see if there will be a scene of Sang Yan talking to his parents, like Maya mentioned, but looks like this has been omitted.

Happened in Ep25, when he sat with DJX ala face the parents, but SY didn't really have speaking lines. I wish the script allowed SY to voice his objections over the parents' hang-ups on DJX's familial background.

I'd rate the drama 8.5/10 over-all for being so close to the novel, excellent casting choices, and the final editing which included "flashback/background scenes" at the end of each episodes. Moreover, I'm quite happy that from the original 24, the drama was allowed 25 eps which meant there are more eye candies for viewers. 😊

Regretfully I actually didn't find the kisses as hot as the ones before, plus what happened to the hot kiss after the dinner and on the way home. The BTS version was so much more passionate! Arghhhh.

Same, sigh. Times like this, I kinda wish that the drama is for more mature audiences. Then there would have been, ehem, for one thing, shower scenes. 😅

First, being him, pretending to be strong/ok and breaking down when Sang Zhi offered him a hug. The endured sobbing and tears flowing out of his big eyes one by one was awesomely well done! Thumbs up + approval from me!

OMO, CZY's crying DJX was so raw and full of pain. The scene was perfectly built up, from being stoic as he talked to his father one last time, to finally breaking down once SZ takes him in her arms.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

This thread is moving too fast for me! :BulbaConfused:

where fast, we're still on the same page dearie hahaha

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

That whole conversation with Sang Zhi's father was harsh, and stabbingly painful for Jia Xu to have to hear it from two adults who once helped him so much. At that moment I felt like I lost a bit of respect for them even though I understand their worries. In the past when I saw this bit in the preview, I had a deja vu because actress Zheng Li said the exact same line as she did in LLTG "How much do you know of his family background?" LOL. But tonight I was just feeling sorry for Jia Xu and upset on behalf of Sang Zhi at her parents.

as much as i hate the parents for whatever they said to Jiaxu on that, i actually can comprehend their worries, their love and care for Sangzhi had overwrote their choices of words...there are always another way to skin a fish...

one thing i really love is the way Sangzhi handle things, she wanted something she fight for it, work for it and earn it....we got to hand it to them....for once both never thought of breaking off with each other however they tried their best to make it work and work out it did.

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I am very impressed with Chen Zhe Yuan's crying scene! Great portrayal of Jia Xu's emotions at that moment. First, being him, pretending to be strong/ok and breaking down when Sang Zhi offered him a hug. The endured sobbing and tears flowing out of his big eyes one by one was awesomely well done! :pandablush: Thumbs up + approval from me!

yes the crying scenes is really good....it was almost like i'm alright and Sangzhi for always being there, and that's all they need, no other words needed.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The drama stylist should try harder to make him look old! He looks so young! I wonder they're in a class or still waiting for class, they're flirting there?!🤣

He can't look too old. He's only 24 at that timeline. That's super young and "fresh". I'm a bit 🤨 at Chen Zhe Yuan's stylist because boy is a flat laundry board front and back, and he was made to tuck his big shirt in showing a flat bum. Tsk.

9 hours ago, Maya said:

Happened in Ep25, when he sat with DJX ala face the parents, but SY didn't really have speaking lines. I wish the script allowed SY to voice his objections over the parents' hang-ups on DJX's familial background.

I was hoping to see a scene of Sang Yan telling his parents to cut Jia Xu some slack when Jia Xu excused himself to the bathroom, or speaks for him during the actual talk.

9 hours ago, Maya said:

Same, sigh. Times like this, I kinda wish that the drama is for more mature audiences. Then there would have been, ehem, for one thing, shower scenes. 😅

Nah, how can it be the audiences? Their first sofa kiss was pretty hot. Plus this scene, per the released BTS, their kisses were much hotter and passionate. I was :wow: + :wow2:, because it went from playful light ones to deep kisses. Someone did a cut and zoom it up so you can see the kiss even clearer. Hahaha (LINK)

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

yes the crying scenes is really good....it was almost like i'm alright and Sangzhi for always being there, and that's all they need, no other words needed.

This scene is the best and the second one at the cemetary was also very well done. I'd like to see the BTS for these two scenes.

===

Episode 25

I think it was a good idea that Jia Xu decided to move to Nan Wu first. If he had stayed in Yi He, realistically speaking, Sang Zhi's studies will likely be affected due to distractions, the disapproval from her parents would also deepen.

But I like that Sang Zhi knows what she wants and actively seek to excel and enrich her resume in preparation for her future career unlike the other two roommates - one is all about dating, the other is timid so not ready or comfortable.

It's a pity we don't get to see the full video clip she was awarded. It clearly was about Jia Xu and her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

already finish them yesterday.....

So fast, now who's gonna be with me now.... 😅

@mademoiselle has done as well. u probably move on another one. Is @Tofu done watching too? 

I have just reached ep 20. Tell me where to find a suitor who would give you all his wallet to you to spend on whatever you want?? 🤣 

• Haha 3

@Alice Wonderland I'm still hung up on the drama. Not so quick see one fall for one lah. 😆 DJX don't exist in reality. So shuai but never have girlfriend and would give everything to one girl. Haha. Even I wouldn't do that these days 😝

@Tofu I'm rewatching some scenes so I'll still be here to spazz with you...

@Maya Why does Sang Yan know so much about confinement centre? Is Yi Fan pregnant?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Why does Sang Yan know so much about confinement centre? Is Yi Fan pregnant?

Ahahaha, two possible reasons:

1. Our devoted boy looked that far ahead ever since they rented the same apartment;

2. And, ahem, it's because he and WYF are intimate from that time in Yihe (when SY suprise visited SZ).

SY introduced WYF to his parents some time after DJX started his business in Nanwu. He doesn't want anymore blind dates arranged for him, hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png