Hidden Love 偷偷藏不住 [2023]

Tofu

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That's my first impression too, haha... but I'm willing to try see if the story is engaging or not...

Try try, the story is good. It's interesting not just because I fell for the male lead but it is engaging. I even dropped many of my fave oppas and geges dramas if the story is badly written. So far I can see HL is doing good, not super good but it is acceptable and relatable. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2

Binged watched 16 episodes!   Then I just noticed this will be showing on Netflix in my region soon.  

Basically I feel like this a slowburn romance.  the dude is handsome. A first for me,  will definitely check his other dramas.  

can wait for SJ to find out his best friend dating his sis.  going to love this scene 

• Like 4

Just saw episode 5. The ending scene cracks me up – Jia Xu's face when Sang Zhi told him her "crush" is in Uni and in his 20s. 🤣 And even funnier he calls that crush (himself) an "old boyfriend". Oh, if only you knew, Jia Xu! 🤣🤣🤣

I thoroughly enjoyed Chen Zhe Yuan's expression there. 😆

Curious question for all. Did any of you plotted to escape from tuition back in the days? Mine is in tuition school, so I didn't actually skip classes, but whether or not I learnt anything is another matter.

I like Jia Xu's approach in trying to get Sang Zhi to first be interested in Physics first. It really is important as an educator to find that something and develop the interest in their students first. It really makes learning more fun and interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm continuing ep 3 (due to peer pressure ahahaha... kidding) 

@mademoiselleI do think he already like SZ since beginning. He have a lot of concern on her and was paying attention to one of his friend that have crush on her. Also at cafe he also quite self aware that SZ keep looking at him. 

I think I can see more charm to this drama @Alice Wonderland, it did reminded me of old time. Is she bad at sport ? Hahahah then I can relate so much to this. 

@OsmanthusTeaHahaha I might continue this, I don't know. Xiao didi should get some chance...

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I am done with episode 8. I feel her heartbreak, and I admire Sang Zhi's determination. She's the kind that once she put her mind to it, she will do it. Not just talk, but she action it. After saying her farewell to her one sided first love, she goes home to pack up all the memories she has relating to Jia Xu and put them all away. Just as I wonder how will she not be affected by him because they have each other Wechat and voila, the show tells us she cut her contact with him, FOR TWO YEARS! Woah, girl can be quite cutthroat. I like it!

I didn't expect that she'd still go to Yi He University though.

@OsmanthusTea I thought Chen Zhe Yuan may be Wu Lei's age but he's 1996 / 26 years old, so older than Lei Lei. Ok lah, not so "xian" anymore. :laugh:

• Haha 2

@Alice Wonderland I found it! :wow: But not big/clear enough...

31f862691aafe8fe5a96fe476de23715d9a81e6a

7335e81c73e30265e543259ad05ada5a43696358

the longing eyes ... the hesitating hand...

Spoiler

ecd34a75810721349f62aa7e1b3ecaa1d08647af

374e854c8eefb332acf788b86f7556dfaabf221e

88c174ec9542794cf5f24a99e8b35efdb9de899a

@Tofu Are you able to outdo these GIFs? :pandaangel: This shot is my favourite. Will it look good in a badge? 😆 Might be challenging due to the lighting. Sigh.

Spoiler

374e854c8eefb332acf788b86f7556dfaabf221e

Although he may not be a powerful ML @Chocolate likes, but Choco, he does do what you described to me before when we chatted in LLTG...

Spoiler

a5b50b75abea5aab5994380d51fa7204c205472f

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@SilverMoonTea good job! 😆 I'm glad to read your feedback, good good, we can have fun together here. I am quite selective in prefering my geges and he's definitely adopted! I'm not just picking him based on his looks, 🤭 he can act, and like @mademoiselle said, I also see that his chemie with ZL is better than the previous character he had in Mr. Bad. (They way they translated the title is like a jinx itself, lols).

The story was written and acted well here. Their talks are not that long explained like most cdramas plus the pace is quite fast. This might be like one of those usual puppy love dramas we ever seen but what makes it different they keep their modesty even they're in love, err.. how to put this classic first love one and the story is quite relatable to me, hahaha. Reminds me of my secret crush to my senior back in high school. Wondering how is he now. Never heard of him anymore. Opps, TMI again, 🤭🫢

@mademoiselle his smiles r the best part, how can he be so charming just by smiling??? So hard to resist for my weak heart. :MewGiggle:

Ah, the drama mascot, the fox doll is so cute! I want one 😁

P.S. 

Still @Tofu watching this? Hey, come here, you should give us some more sweets to your customers here :niu:

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

If it weren't for Lusi, I'll probably never know who he is, or watch a drama with him in it.

:scaredpanda2:

I must not have done a good job promoting this gege of mine if you don't know him. He was my DP for a long time. :laugh:

@Alice Wonderland I'm catching up! I'm on episode 12 now and the drunken scene is sad and hilarious at the same time. LOL! 

@OsmanthusTea Agreed! He does youth dramas so well even though he's in his mid-20s. I think it helps that naturally Chen Zheyuan is quite playful. He used to get so much criticism because he is a playful person in real life. When people see his BTS, they would criticize him for being too playful or touchy with his costars. 

If anyone wants to watch more Chen Zheyuan, Our Secrets is a good one. His character, Si Yue, is my favorite character he's done. Really closely matched to Duan Jia Xu. After that I would say, watch Handsome Siblings with an open mind. Haha! This drama was my first Chen Zheyuan drama. I thought he was the main character, but learned that he was actually just one of the two. The other main character was Hu Yitian, who had a really bad storyline. His acting was just ok too (I don't know if costume dramas suit HYT). If you decide to watch Handsome Siblings, just watch Chen Zheyuan's scenes. His story was the best and you don't need the other scenes to understand. Hahaha! 

By the way, kind of random, but while watching this drama, I'm realizing just how tall Chen Zheyuan is. He has really long legs. However, I recently came across his HS promotion clips with HYT and CZY is so much shorter compared to him! :shocked2:

Spoiler

• Like 2

@Tofu

Handsome Siblings is such a bad drama :PsyWhat: Yes, both siblings are handsome but the rest of the drama are ugly....:PsyWhat: Btw, HYT is one of the tallest in C-Ent. Another drama of his like mentioned by @Alice Wonderland is Mr. Bad. Another unsavory drama that even the snippets are not attractive.

Add.

Btw @Tofu I replied to you in The Prisoner of Beauty thread

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@OsmanthusTea Hahaha! I think CZY's storyline in Handsome Siblings was the best but lots of plot holes. The ending fight with the villain was so short and the romance makes no sense...for either characters. It was like an afterthought or something. Haha! I also think CZY outperformed HYT so at times it would be a bit disjointed. Nevertheless, still watch it for CZY. Haha!

Oh yeah, Mr. Bad. I liked Mr. Bad, but definitely a forgettable drama. SY and CZY are on this one variety show together. They definitely have more of a friend vibe than lover. 

• Like 3

Hey ya @Tofu nice! you're close to the end of the available episodes, then end up waiting like me. 😁

I  like that part too, it was sad but pretty hillarious too. I like how she blaberring her secret and describe the guy is like AC system 🤣. It leads him to think of her more.

Ah, I'm watching Twilight @Tofu @mademoiselle and it is not bad, I have done 2 episodes. I know I should write more in the respective thread, but our discussion is like a combo menu, it mix this and that eveything here, so I follow that. 😄

I will retry OS after HL ended @SilverMoonTea I forgot who recommended it to me last time, I did watch some few mins of it but back then I'm too occupied with other dramas too so I left it since it takes time to get into it. 

@Tofu ikr, so shuai ya!! 😍 

• Haha 3
On 6/29/2023 at 3:59 PM, mademoiselle said:

Mmm, I wonder if they will later ask each other when they fell for one another. That way I get my speculation answered and the curious cat in me can go to sleep. Hahaha!

Waah, this thread is very busy! 🤩

@Alice Wonderland I've changed to Maya. Though I also kinda miss my longer old handle. 😅 What do you think, should I change back?

@Mizv Netflix started airing Hidden Love! Vindication for this drama!

For those who aren't aware, there were Karens calling for banning this drama because it was supposedly promoting grooming/pedophilia. Which is nonsense cos DJX isn't always with SZ, and if anything he was more of a 3rd parent/2nd sibling than a creep. He is always admonishing her over how she regards SY and studies! Even promises gifts if grades are good. Plus, he only fell for her and thought a lot about it first before he decided to pursue her when she was almost 19yrs old.

I've read before the story, and if the drama would also follow how the novel revealed when DJX and SZ fell in love, it should happen in the last 3 episodes. Dunno if drama DJX finds out the same way as in the novel. 🙂 Gosh, if he finds out that way, I'm guessing that it could be as emotional as the iconic airport scene of Ep7.

The drama so far is so close to the novel, with barely any changes except that SY is a softer sibling, the age difference of 5 instead of 7 years, and JY being so clingy. Novel JY was always hostile to DJX, yet expects and tells everyone that he and she will get married. Like woah, girl, we get your agony and angst losing your father that way, but paying back doesn't mean DJX should also suffer for life!

Given the success of Hidden Love, I'm excited, and hope it's true that the rumours of SY's story First Frost would also begin fiming soon. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

I'm already lost with all those titles thrown at me 😥😅

I'm done with all 16 episodes now. Jia Ying's behaviour is exasperating. Does she have more upcoming scenes? I'm guessing she will because she hasn't let go yet. My take on her behaviour is she must have liked Jia Xu in high school, but the accident happened, so he hates his family for that. She wants to hold on to him, and the only way she could/know how is to instill the guilt he has on her family.

Episode 15-16 makes me smile but also gives me a toothache. I hope the drama tone it down a bit otherwise we'll lose our Tea by this mark. 😅

Hey @Maya long time no see. Thanks for the above info. I actually wanted to see more of Jia Xu's conflict and thinking longer and harder before deciding on pursuing Sang Zhi. Hahaha.

Aish, those Karens.

16 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The story was written and acted well here. Their talks are not that long explained like most cdramas plus the pace is quite fast. This might be like one of those usual puppy love dramas we ever seen but what makes it different they keep their modesty even they're in love, err.. how to put this classic first love one and the story is quite relatable to me, hahaha. Reminds me of my secret crush to my senior back in high school. Wondering how is he now. Never heard of him anymore. Opps, TMI again, 🤭🫢

Ahahahaha thanks for the TMI. I, too, sometimes wonder how all my crush(es) are doing.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Maya oh hello dear! I was thinking it could be you with username but I'm affraid I cpuld be wrong so I didn't tag you. No need, maya is good, short and easy to type. 

22 minutes ago, Maya said:

For those who aren't aware, there were Karens calling for banning this drama because it was supposedly promoting grooming/pedophilia.

Who are these Karens? Netizens? Did they watch it all from the beginning until they come to this nonsense.😮‍💨 well, forget about this since bring the topic back will only feed them more. 

27 minutes ago, Maya said:

SY's story First Frost would also begin fiming soon. 

SY? Who? Sang yan? Another drama?

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm already lost with all those titles thrown at me 😥😅

Aww, cmon, let's go for Twilight with me?? :pandahappy: you too @Maya the more the merrier. 

I like when he said he must pursue her saying that he should her trust that he really likes her and gain her trust. I love how he pretends not knowing her feelings, I like the wedding party scene, when he makes SY switches seat wkth her so he can teases her 😄😄 

And as for JY, she acts like a luantic. She needs help, her psychology condition is worsen. So I think more problems will come from her. I wonder what will SZ's family reaction if the find out she's dating her former tutor. Do you think they will object? 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
36 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Jia Ying's behaviour is exasperating. Does she have more upcoming scenes? I'm guessing she will because she hasn't let go yet. My take on her behaviour is she must have liked Jia Xu in high school, but the accident happened, so he hates his family for that. She wants to hold on to him, and the only way she could/know how is to instill the guilt he has on her family.

Well, if it follows the novel:

Spoiler

Yes. May she not scratch the Tesla of DJX, hahaha! 

DJX was a stellar and bright youngster. He's also very good-looking that he gets approached every now and then by girls for his number. 

40 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I actually wanted to see more of Jia Xu's conflict and thinking longer and harder before deciding on pursuing Sang Zhi. Hahaha.

The drama is fast paced, like every ep is at least a few weeks and even months, but he became more aware of her as a "wife" when he had his surgery, thanks to the hard of hearing old man's comments. 😅 

28 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Who are these Karens? Netizens? Did they watch it all from the beginning until they come to this nonsense.😮‍💨 well, forget about this since bring the topic back will only feed them more. 

Netizens and media. Yeah, I'm surprised too, did we watch the same thing? 🙄

29 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

SY? Who? Sang yan? Another drama?

Yup. Sang Yan's endearing story might even top Sang Zhi's, IMO, especially if the right ML and FL play the roles.

33 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I wonder what will SZ's family reaction if the find out she's dating her former tutor. Do you think they will object? 

Spoiler

Initially, yes. But not because they dislike DJX, they're worried that the chaotic JY and what happened to DJX's family in the past might adversely affect their life as a couple. They didn't want their daughter to be hurt later by these issues.

They would later agree, when SY intervenes and sides with DJX and SZ. Plus DJX moves to Nanwu and builds his own enterprise.

HOT Eye Candy!!! 💋💋💋

• Like 3

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero