Hidden Love 偷偷藏不住 [2023]

Tofu

22 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I have done. Overall, I think this drama should be better if it is 16 episodes. I don't know somehow it feels quite boring near the end so I cheat a bit, using 3x speed lols. I mean, they sail pretty smoothly. It ends happily. And I like everything ressolves for both of them. 

Hahahaha you. I admit there were plenty of toothachy sweet moments. I have zero interest in Sang Zhi's friends and their lovelines so if they cut that all out I'd be fine too. I wouldn't mind they add more scenes of Sang Yan and their interactions and maybe the bit of Sang Zhi meeting Sang Yan's girlfriend at his apartment (per the novel).

• Like 2

@mademoiselle There's no such scene in the actual episodes! That's pity. It would be better to see more meaningful scenes. 

I dropped YAMG and WRTW, 🤣 These dramas r good but once they become couple, I dont know there is no much problem so I get bored. 🤣

I tried Fireworks, but I couldnt get into it. So I ended up rewatching Han Jun Kyoung 🤣. How could he be so manly dashing! Oh god 😍

I like the fight siblings so much, the two have great chemistry. There is a funny scene where he asks DJX to punch him after the fight. I like this typical bro, he loves his sister and felt jealous cuz other guy snatch her from him. 😆

• Haha 2
On 7/8/2023 at 5:18 PM, mademoiselle said:

and why they omitted this scene? I was looking forward to it!

I hear you! The guys and gals doing the promos should really get in touch with the editing team so that there'll be no viewers asking where are those scenes in the trailers and posters! 😬

HL was only supposed to be 24 eps, but at least 1 more ep was added when it was approved for airing. A good number of netizens are grumbling and even blaming another upcoming Youku drama why HL is too short. 😅

I'm watching the Netflix version, cos I'm not yet over SZ, DJX, and SY, LOL!  

• Like 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

@Maya Me too! I watched E9-10 on Netflix last night! I'm also not over this drama yet.

They sort of releases the movie scene, have you seen it (LINK)? I think this scene happened directly after they had lunch together with Sang Yan because Jia Xu still has the bruise on his face.

I think it's a good amount of episodes. Most of it are sweet scenes of the OTP. Some of our resident Havenites lose interest and drop drama after the couple get together, so cannot be too long or too sweet 😅

I wanna see BTS of Jia Xu's crying scenes.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

They sort of releases the movie scene, have you seen it (LINK)? I think this scene happened directly after they had lunch together with Sang Yan because Jia Xu still has the bruise on his face.

Yeah, I saw it in YT last night. 😍

Between SY and DJX overnight at the office scene, it would have been better for this movie scene to be included for the viewers. However, given that BL nuances aren't exactly tolerated, them DJX and SY ending up sitting together in that double seat no matter how funny it is, won't do with those who've the power to release or shelve the project. 

I think it's a good amount of episodes.

I think so too, that (mostly) the scenes that didn't make the cut didn't alter the story nor change how viewers regard the OP. I feel 25 eps are also enough, unless there's a housewarming, a wedding, time lapse with their kiddos, and a preview of SY's love life in the extra episode. 😅

• Like 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

It's nice to know how much thoughts Chen Zhe Yuan have put into portraying Jia Xu

I also like the bts of Zhe Yuan focus released by his agency, especially on the bit of his father's death where he expressed his thoughts to the director what he thinks his crying scene should be at the death bed (endurance kind of crying) and after seeing Sang Zhi (letting it all out kind of crying).

F00IHMQaYAA8R9M?format=jpg&name=large

Another deleted scene we don't see, but this one is them bumping into Jiang Ying, so maybe it's a blessing it is cut. LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

Start of EP 18

He says he will stay in the room and look at her while she studies.

She goes up close to him to let him see her clearly from the front, the left and the right!

Then he grabs her close.

There is tension!!! (Although his posture could be better lol)

She says he must leave because he promised he won't interfere with her studies.

:PsyWhat:

Me: What's wrong with failing?????

• Haha 4
45 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I hope you two at least stopped to watch Chen Zhe Yuan's crying scenes x 2!! They were good crying scenes

What crying scenes? I only see teary pink/red eyes lol.

I just wanted to see some of their teasing moments. It's such young love and both so innocent. When he gets close to her, it's quite exciting sometimes. But their conversations are mostly very dull, sorry - half the time, he is asking her to eat 😂 So a lot of FFWD. I think each episode only takes about 10-15 min to complete haha.

I watched the video you just posted. It was 6 min long. So that means I will watch this actor again if he appears in a drama with an interesting plot. But towards the end, there was an old clip which he said was embarassing for him - he looks very different. Did he have eyelid surgery lol?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Chocolate Alamak you. His father died in E24, so he cried in Sang Zhi's hug. Then they went to the cemetary where Sang Zhi tells his mother he will now have her by his side, and he cried again. I just thought both were very well done crying scenes - FEELSSS.

Eyelids, doesn't look like he has surgery. What do you think @Tofu @NiteWalker?? You guys know him more than I do. I think at the time he was just very young and hasn't fully grown into his current looks yet. 

• Like 3

@mademoiselle I did watch parts of those scenes, but with ffw so I got the gist but didn't want to dwell on the sadness.

Surprisingly, even so, there are parts where I cried, like when Sang Zhi gave him her 2 secret stars, and also when he thinks back to how she "suffered" when he didn't know she liked him yet.

And you're right. This drama brings back some memories from younger days. The hospital stayover reminds me of overnight chats with a person you like where you will reveal things you wouldn't normally in broad daylight. Those were good times.

I also liked Sang Zhi when she doesn't let herself be bullied. For most of the drama, she is quite shy in her secret crush. But when she splashed that cup of water in Jiang Ying's face, she was fantastic!

What I don't like though is that Jiaxu is nice to everyone. I like Ling Buyi type - mean to everyone and only nice to the one he loves! 😁

• Haha 3

@Chocolate I've tagged you of his new upcoming dramas. You can decide if you want to check 'em out or not later.

I didn't actually emotionally feel sad for the father's death. The pleasure was in his performance of the crying scenes. I like that he was all, "I'm fine. I'm OK." And then that facade he puts on starts to crumble when Sang Zhi offered him a hug. He embraced her and the flood gate opened. Big tears start to form and flow out of his eyes. The crying was still very restrained, you could hear him sobbing but it wasn't ugly crying or loud. Very well done. I'm just not that good in explaining and describing what/why I love this crying scene so much. The novel version didn't have this scene. The cemetary's crying scene, he was crying for a different reason. He cried due to what Sang Zhi said to his mother and he was touched by her words.

All in all, I think he did a fantastic job playing Duan Jia Xu. I wished there were more emphasis on his hardship and inner thoughts though, but I think the drama adequately conveyed his character.

008s9-A2xly1hfv1ccrbawj31xk35s1l0.jpg
008s9-A2xly1hfv1cfv9z4j31vz35sb2c.jpg

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

What I don't like though is that Jiaxu is nice to everyone. I like Ling Buyi type - mean to everyone and only nice to the one he loves! 😁

📝 I'll note this down. LOL!!!

In the drama, Jia Xu was not shown to be nice to any girls. So I didn't feel he was. It was more like we were more of informed he's nice to everyone. He's seen polite to his colleagues, but his niceness doesn't translate to flirting. Sang Zhi was still the special one since young because when she was hurt at Sports Day, he was willing to piggyback her, but not the other girl.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

And you're right. This drama brings back some memories from younger days. The hospital stayover reminds me of overnight chats with a person you like where you will reveal things you wouldn't normally in broad daylight. Those were good times.

I didn't expect this scene bringing back memories for you. Hahaha! Do you have siblings?

Spoiler

This isn't memories but it's more like an old wish — Jia Xu is the kind of GeGe I'd love to have because he's so nice and sweet. And if my crush never works out with this kind of GeGe, then I'd like to have him forever be my GeGe, you know what I mean? Sang Yan is more like my own brother but the better version. He looks after and is protective of Sang Zhi. They would argue but I'm sure he'd let her have the TV unlike my brother. :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 3

Even though I did FF a lot of the remaining episodes, I thoroughly enjoyed this drama. It helped highlight some of Chen Zheyuan's range and his acting has improved too. I'm slightly Zhao Lusi biased so I feel like she did good as usual. 

I don't know if it's because I'm a bit introverted, but the bickering scenes between Sang Zhi and Sang Yan were so noisy to me. There were moments where I was getting frustrated watching them because they were always trying to one-up each other. :jiminbtssigh:

Eyelids, doesn't look like he has surgery. What do you think @Tofu @NiteWalker?? You guys know him more than I do. I think at the time he was just very young and hasn't fully grown into his current looks yet. 

I don't think he has because when he's really tired, you see a bit of those eyelids he had when he was younger. If you look at his earlier dramas, he was heavier than he is now. He's lost quite a bit of weight -- like all Chinese celebrities. They are all so skinny!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2