Hidden Love 偷偷藏不住 [2023]

Tofu

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I saw one yesterday, plus the fans are also releasing their version of fan taken scenes. LOL

There were so many fans in the shooting sites while filming HL! 😅 

10 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

they need to give us this deleted scenes!!!!

High five! Maybe Youku can do a director's cut edition for HL anniversary? 

I'm still amazed how so close to the novel the drama is. I thought before that 90% same, but now it's more like 95%. The tweaks, like the age and not smoking, were also very reasonable. I'm also glad to hear that First Frost will also be by Youku, so there should be no issues of made up filler scenes to avoid copyrights problems...It'd be awesome if most of the HL cast that are also in FF story reprise their roles. 

Edited by Maya
  • Like 3

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What copyright problems?

If another company produces it, there might be scenes from first drama that can't be used or done again in the following drama even if those happened in both stories. For example, the scenes SY found out who's the guy SZ is dating, him beating up DJX, and him staying in DJX's flat. In FF, these are also in the story. If it isn't Youku producing FF, and if rights aren't granted to re-use or rehash these scenes in FF produced by another, then FF will either not include or make up non-canon scenes that will make SY find out about SZ and DJX.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Ahh I get it now, @Maya

Regretfully it won't tie back to HL very well if they don't use Victor Ma. As in, they can't use any scenes with Victor in it. Maybe they'll cast a completely different pairing of DJX and SZ too. 😥 It would definitely be nice to be able to see HL couple reprise their roles! That'd be more incentives for me to pick up FF. Hahaha!

Another day of missing the drama and CZY. But I can't believe his new drama will air tomorrow! It's too soon, I'm not ready to watch him romancing another woman!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Regretfully it won't tie back to HL very well if they don't use Victor Ma. As in, they can't use any scenes with Victor in it.

Yes, that's a possibility. Or even if there's a new SY, they can't redo in FF the same scenes that appeared in HL. But since both stories are in same production house, there shouldn't be problems.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Maybe they'll cast a completely different pairing of DJX and SZ too. 😥

True, but for this I doubt it would happen, cos CZY and ZL owned their roles, and fans can sway the drama investors to cast the same artists for the drama. It happened before in Eternal Love of Dream. The 2nd leads in Eternal Love reprised their roles as leads in Eternal Love of Dream partly due to viewers' "demands".

It would definitely be nice to be able to see HL couple reprise their roles! That'd be more incentives for me to pick up FF. Hahaha!

Ahahaha, same with me! There should be cameos like when SY first brought little SZ to meet WYF, SY takes SZ in the rented flat he shares with WYF, or DJX helping Mrs Sang in the kitchen while mother and son verbally fights why SZ isn't asked to help cook, LOL!

Another day of missing the drama and CZY. But I can't believe his new drama will air tomorrow! It's too soon, I'm not ready to watch him romancing another woman!

I'm watching Detective Chinatown 3 movie right now to catch a glimpse of the 2 geges in fancy costumes, hahaha!

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 7/19/2023 at 12:50 AM, Maya said:

I'm still amazed how so close to the novel the drama is. I thought before that 90% same, but now it's more like 95%. The tweaks, like the age and not smoking, were also very reasonable. I'm also glad to hear that First Frost will also be by Youku, so there should be no issues of made up filler scenes to avoid copyrights problems...It'd be awesome if most of the HL cast that are also in FF story reprise their roles. 

first frost???

• Like 4

Whoever would be Wen Yi Fan in First Frost should be beautiful enough to mesmerise little Sang Zhi, and make young Sang Yan fall for her and stay in love with her for many years. 😉

Also she should be able to act convincingly 

Spoiler

1. A traumatised sexual assault victim who was abandoned by her remarried parent and relatives who sided with the rapist (he raped and murdered a neighbour, a girl of same age as WYF);

2. A sleepwalker. A sleepwalker who hugs and kisses Sang Yan while sleepwalking 🙃

3. A graceful and skilled dancer, or a ballerina. Don't know if this part would make it, but she'd be representing her department in the company's talent show. 😊 

4. In short, a survivor who still bloomed inspite of and despite of what she faced from when she was 13 to a capable adult at 25.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I can imagine his frustration but still, scores! Is it a bobo or a passionate long kiss (and sometimes french)? There's a difference 😆

Bobo 😅 Began with hugs, then bobo kisses to him and hugs, and then LOL, later on, she would also sometimes invade Sang Yan's room and steal Sang Yan's bed real estate. 🤣 All while sleepwalking.

WYF sleepwalks by 3am when she's too emotionally bothered or stressed (usually by her estranged parent and relatives) the day before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Maya said:

Bobo 😅 Began with hugs, then bobo kisses to him and hugs, and then LOL, later on, she would also sometimes invade Sang Yan's room and steal Sang Yan's bed real estate. 🤣 All while sleepwalking.

WYF sleepwalks by 3am when she's too emotionally bothered or stressed (usually by her estranged parent and relatives) the day before. 

I don't mind if Victor Ma reprise the role. I can already imagine his facial expressions from all of this. The exasperation. The frustration she doesn't remember it at all the next day. Hahahaha!

But it is weird to bobo people in sleepwalking though. The action should be linked to the cause but hers being bobo doesn't... unless she's... ahem, you know. LOL.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

don't mind if Victor Ma reprise the role. I can already imagine his facial expressions from all of this. The exasperation. The frustration she doesn't remember it at all the next day. Hahahaha!

It would be darn funny, LOL! WYF doesn't remember nor aware of what she's doing to him, and ehem, blue in frustration SY, will not respond in kind either. 😅

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But it is weird to bobo people in sleepwalking though. The action should be linked to the cause but hers being bobo doesn't... unless she's... ahem, you know. LOL.

She likes him a lot too, but by nature she is prim and then made even more timid by her trash relatives. There's boldness in her though, otherwise she can't be that confident dancer who takes the stage? 😉 What she wants to do but will never do to him while awake, she does while asleep. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I finally watched this drama, and binged all through it. Loved SZ and DJX as a couple. Such a sweet story of first loves which turns out to be everlasting love.

I guess First Frost is SY's story then? It would be really nice if the same trio of actors could recreate their roles then, even if SZ and DJX become secondary characters in the new drama.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1