Three Bold Siblings [2022-2023]

stroppyse

JH found out what an awful human being her mother is. Also that MY is suing both Nam Soo and MY ex. JH was mad at her mother for going after MY company. Out of spite and of JH speaking for MY, she told JH to her face about her birth and that MY is not her father. While JH was bawling her eyes out her mother just laughed at her. JH also went to see SR but ran away when SR saw her. JH it seems will try to apologize to SR family in the preview. I think JH will bring SR and MY back together. Also MY ex and Nam Soo tried to do something in regards to SJ and probably blackmail or something. TJ showed up at the end to deal with them. She deals with both Namsoo and MY ex in the preview which was so satisfying.

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1
2 hours ago, Zoaze said:

Also MY ex and Nam Soo tried to do something in regards to SJ and probably blackmail or something. TJ showed up at the end to deal with them. She deals with both Namsoo and MY ex in the preview which was so satisfying.

Actually, they were there to see SJ's manager because they're trying to sign SJ up to do a commercial for Mint. However, the manager told them that SJ was pulling back from such work because he is focusing on other projects. NS had the nerve to tell the manager that actors had managers and agencies who make decisions for the actors since actors can be a bit sensitive and unreasonable. OHY tells the manager that he should just make the decision for SJ and sign contracts right then and there.

The manager then says that SJ's representative would handle the negotiations which surprised NS and OHY since they thought the manager was SJ's representative. TJ walks in then to announce herself as SJ's representative, and immediately scolds them for not even standing up to greet her.

2 hours ago, Zoaze said:

I think JH will bring SR and MY back together.

I think so as well. MY tells SR about how he ended up with JH, and how he gave up on his goal of becoming a professor in order to raise JH and ended up starting the company instead.

At the end of it, MY apologizes to SR and tells her that he's going to give up, then leaves. However, SR runs after him to tell him to keep his promise of not giving up on them.

So, it seems that SR and MY are ready to reconcile, but SR's family will have to be willing as well. So, I think only JH can really do that by explaining.

• Like 2

@stroppyse Ah okay. That makes sense regarding SJ. I was laughing and annoyed at the same time that HJ tried to hide JH. JH feels extremely guilty now after she found out the truth about her mother. She was already getting suspicious yesterday and of Nam Soo when she heard from Sangmin about him trying to sabotage the Cafe event. Now with MY suing both the ex and Nam Soo i believe her trust in Nam Soo is close to zero. Her guilt was visible when she was outside SR cafe but couldnt bring herself to face SR and run away. Next week she will bring up her courage to make amends. I hope HJ doesnt completely ruin it by hiding her. I hope they are caught.

• Like 2

Preview translation

TJ: This is a story about how a friend exchanges her baby for another’s?
SJ: It really grabs your attention, doesn’t it?
TJ: It’s because you want revenge, isn’t it?
SJ: I can’t say there isn’t something in that as well.
PD Cha: What about Ji Woo? Are you not thinking about him at all? I can’t help you on this production.
Housekeeper: Ji Hye-shi brought back the luggage that she had taken with her.
JH: I’m sorry.
HJ: Father collapsed after watching you and your mother causing all that fuss at the curry restaurant. Of course, they absolutely can’t see you here!
Grandmother: Look here! You should hurry to your own place to go to sleep.
HJ: Grandmother

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zoaze said:

Now with MY suing both the ex and Nam Soo i believe her trust in Nam Soo is close to zero.

Yes, that was a satisfying scene. Here is a translation.

NS: Thank you for asking to meet with us, CEO.
MY: Yes, come in. Have a seat.
OHY: Thank you for asking to meet with us. I had also wanted to welcome you as an employee of the partnering company.
MY: Director Kang, how is the contract termination that you’re preparing to send to Mint going?
Director: Yes, the legal team is preparing that now.
OHY: Husband!
MY: I don’t want to hear that. Don’t call me that. I have no relationship with Oh Hye Yeon at all, so you calling me that is very uncomfortable for me.
MY: Also, take a scan of this business card and include this in what you send them. This is the business card of the doctor who apparently diagnosed Oh Hye Yeon with a terminal disease which allows her to live only 6 months longer, but apparently, the personal cell number goes to someone else. In a word, that means that it’s a fake business card. Of course the health of a team leader of the best commercial firm in Korea who is managing our project is of concern, but if that is a lie, then that would make us even more unwilling to work with them. Please make them aware of that.
Director Kang: Yes, I’ll do so. I’ll let Attorney Kim of the legal team know.
JH: Mom. It’s a lie that you’re sick?
NS: No, Ji Hye-shi. I asked a friend of mine who works for a pharmaceutical company about the medications that mother is taking, and it’s true that mother is in an extreme condition.
MY: How is Jo Nam Soo’s going?
Director Kang: We’ve also responded to the unfair firing allegation that he’s reported. For usage of the company credit card for personal things, taking kickbacks, falsifying records, and mistreating subcontractors, we’ve filed a lawsuit against him.
NS: What?
Director Kang: Attorney Kim will be submitting it shortly to the police as the representative of this company.
MY: Ah, the letter that President Park Yi Gon’s daughter sent us, you’ve included that in the paperwork, right?
Director Kang: Of course. President Park has also agreed to go to the police to give his testimony. There was also an idol trainee who had to buy him meals and gifts in exchange for being considered as a model for our commercial, that girl’s father also contacted us asking to testify against him.
NS: But Director, I’ve already explained that to you.
MY: Regarding Jo Nam Soo’s case, please post it to the company bulletin board. This is something that can’t ever happen again in our company.
Director Kang: I understand. I’ll take care of it immediately.
NS: CEO, even the firing is unreasonable, but a lawsuit?
MY: Well, you reported us for an unfair firing to the Bureau of Labor? Of course we have to prove that it was not unfair at all.
OHY: You called busy people like us here just to tell us this kind of stuff?
MY: For the sake of Shin Ji Hye’s education, I’ve asked both of you here. Because she still didn’t seem to be aware of what the people around her were up to.
JH: Mom, is it really a lie that you’re sick?
OHY: Ji Hye
MY: As far as I know, it’s a lie. However, if you can’t believe me, then go meet the doctor yourself. The fake doctor that you had previously met is a fitness trainer.
OHY (to JH): Speak with me your mother separately.
MY: All three of you should leave. Other than Shin Ji Hye, I shall expect that I won’t have to ever see you two others ever again. (gets up and leaves)
JH: Mom
OHY: Would you really prefer your mom to die?
NS: Ji Hye, the CEO is wrong.
JH: Since I have the fake doctor’s number, I’m going to try to speak with him directly.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I really hate this writer view on adopted children. TJ was treated like crap by the grandmother when her mom remarried. When HJ exposed today that JH is not MY biological daughter. She said the only thing MY did wrong was raising a daughter that is not his own and didn't sent her back. TJ mom adding to have her removed from family registry. It makes me fuming at this writer. It's totally disgusting. So adopted children aren't their adoptive parents real children?. The narrowmindedness of this writer who even pretends to write about children not being biological related to their parents or 1 of them. TJ,JH,JW. From how they act especially with MY and JH situation, we see the writers true thoughts to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Well said @Zoaze 

This drama has shown all perspective on the adults of this drama for example 

TJ ‘s treatment at home by step grandmother. Never liked TJ and expected TJ to be the eldest sibling by putting her siblings first. TJ’s mom felt bad,,stepdad felt bad but they still forced to do it 

YS’s adopted son Ji Woo. His parents loved him and put him first but his dad used his existence to extort money from his aunt and cousin because of a lie and losing his dream. He chose to believe his mother, a woman who abandoned him , a woman who believe her second husband and thought very little of her own child.  

My opinion on scene with YS and his mom. She ridiculed him, she still lied to him , told him even if submitted the painting he would not have won. I can’t help but think YS’s mom was jealous of her hubby and son’s tight bond. It seems the money she took for herself may have been a lot of money, what happened to all that money??? Now they are going to look for YS’s mom second husband. I feel that it is worthless and stupid. Won’t the art teacher lie and agree with YS’s mom opinion. 

Question has YS realized that his mom lied to him??? He did look destroyed but he still defended his mom to SJ ??

I am so confused smh smh How could be defend this woman when she abandoned him. He runs away and she doesn’t try to find him. Only see him when money is mentioned.  SJ proved his point that his mom only loves money and yet YS still chooses to think his mom isn’t a liar.  TbH i really don’t like YS’s family or feel sorry for them. They Loïc of SJ for years and it was their choice to be a slave to them. They never told them to do all those things. They live in the house for free and yet still feel that they are owed for their hard work. The entitlement YS and his wife have amazes me and disgust me too. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Episode 48 Preview
Tae-ju prepares a plan to hit Hee-eun and Nam-soo in place of So-rim...
Sang-jun begins to sharpen his blade for revenge against Yeong-shik.
Ji-hye, who has approached the truth of her birth, goes to check the facts and runs into Jeong-suk...

• Like 3

The almost break-up of MY and SR made me cry... but somehow I knew, SR is not going to let MY go just like that, haha...

Who also replayed countless times the part of TJ hitting JNS in the preview? Awesome.... :cool:

16 hours ago, Zoaze said:

TJ mom adding to have her removed from family registry.

I dislike TJ's mom so much. I agree that the writing about blended families in this drama is rather confusing. Especially TJ's mom. I mean, she herself has been accepted into a family bringing a daughter, yet she couldn't sympathise/empathise with people in that situation. The way she treated Ji Woo, the way she was talking about Ji Hye. #rolleyes

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 3/5/2023 at 12:00 PM, Zoaze said:

I really hate this writer view on adopted children. TJ was treated like crap by the grandmother when her mom remarried. When HJ exposed today that JH is not MY biological daughter. She said the only thing MY did wrong was raising a daughter that is not his own and didn't sent her back. TJ mom adding to have her removed from family registry. It makes me fuming at this writer. It's totally disgusting. So adopted children aren't their adoptive parents real children?. The narrowmindedness of this writer who even pretends to write about children not being biological related to their parents or 1 of them. TJ,JH,JW. From how they act especially with MY and JH situation, we see the writers true thoughts to be honest.

I think that I took this as the writer not approving of these attitudes towards blended families, rather than condoning their feelings or actions. That even HJ who is relatively younger should admonish MY for having raised a child who wasn't his points to how this attitude is not just the old people, it's relatively young people as well who believe that blood is so important, therefor nature rather than nurture. Ultimately, as the stories play out, I think the importance of the bonds that are forged will prove to be more important than just being related by blood.

As you mentioned, the situations of TJ, JH, and JW who have at least 1 parent who is not a birth parent are presented in similar and yet different lights.

TJ's mother is a very traditional way of thinking, so that even though she is the mother who brought her child into the marriage, she seems to have suffered a lot of guilt towards her husband and MIL in doing so. Therefor, she treated her own daughter harshly while raising her, and she became determined that her daughters should not suffer the same fate that she did, though both TJ and SR ended up in extraordinary circumstances of their own. I think it's that feeling that caused her to lash out so much against TJ and SR, thinking that they would marry men TJ also knew about her parentage all along, and so allowed herself to be treated poorly by her grandmother, even while feeling it to be unfair.

JH grew up missing the mother she didn't really know, though there seems to have been some contact over the years, or possibly that was her maternal grandmother. I think because JH didn't have a lot of information about her mother, her longing for her mother was both present and suppressed and made her more susceptible to her mother's manipulations, especially abetted by NS, the man who supposedly loved her.

I think JH is a poorly written character frankly, little more than a plot device at times, and it's not helped by the fact that the actress seems to be a newbie. Rather than empathizing with her suppressed longing for her mother and the subsequent betrayal that she feels, she came across as a petulant, self-centered, willingly oblivious child through this last story arc about her mother.

As for JW, I appreciate the shock that JW is working under after finding out that not only is he not his father or his mother's child, but that he was the instrument for his father's revenge against his family. I think the actor portraying JW is doing really well to convey his confusion, hurt, sense of right and wrong, and feeling apologetic and regretful for the role he has played in disrupting their lives, even if it's not his fault.

As for the family, I feel that the family is trying to be mindful of JW's feelings, but still aware of protecting SJ and his career since all of their livelihoods depends on SJ continuing to be able to work rather than being sidelined by scandal. Not to mention that it's not fair to SJ to lose a career he wants to keep doing through no fault of his own.

TJ's mother and grandmother are too much, and possibly the least sympathetic characters in this drama who haven't actually lied or tried to cheat to anyone. Having said that, all three of the siblings are in extraordinary, problematic relationships, so perhaps I cut them some slack despite their unreasonable prejudices.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

all three of the siblings are in extraordinary, problematic relationships, so perhaps I cut them some slack despite their unreasonable prejudices.

Well said chingu, the siblings are  extraordinary  due to their upbringing they had to work hard to have such a close bond but still have their ups and down growing up.

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Episode 50 Preview 

Episode 48 &49 was okay. How many of you enjoyed it. 
LSJ‘s new role is actually dumb. I find what he is doing is pathetic because his cousin still feels like he is a victim. All his action points to SJ being childish and lack big heart. Ic an see why he is doing it. All his career, SJ felt he was like a money machine, working to provide for everyone. He couldn’t even make his own choices in life and to find out all his sacrifices were in vain. He still hasn’t forgiven his mom. 

This drama proves that sometimes blood is much stronger than nurture. Young Sik was taken care of with love as much as his aunt could give him. But he still felt left out sometimes and her protective instinct to protecting her children were stronger than with her nephew. I think that since he started loving with his aunt , he felt left out, unloved and a bit arrogant. 

I am just glad that next week is the ending. I don’t think I can take anymore of the bad writing for now.

• Like 1

@UnniSara I found this week pretty good. I'm glad JH found out the entire truth about MY and how much he loves her. Dumping her mom and trying to get MY and SR back together and asking for forgiveness. Also getting rid of Nam Soo. A trip is exactly what she needs to clear her head and heal her heart and come back stronger. I did like how she tested Nam Soo and came to the same conclusion that he is a piece of trash like SR always said. When Nam Soo thought MY wanted her to move out.

I did laugh when she tried to get them to drop the honorifics.

I loved MY punching Nam Soo. I bet he wanted to do that for the last 20 episodes but held back for his daughters sake.

I also don't like how SJ is getting revenge. EJ may have been stupid into blindly believing but she doesn't deserve all the backlash that will happen is the movie get made. Since the name is similiar to his cousin and their family, general public would piece it together and it will be EJ,JW,SB who have to suffer the consequences. I find his blind revenge to be no better than YS.

• Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, Zoaze said:

I also don't like how SJ is getting revenge. EJ may have been stupid into blindly believing but she doesn't deserve all the backlash that will happen is the movie get made. Since the name is similiar to his cousin and their family, general public would piece it together and it will be EJ,JW,SB who have to suffer the consequences. I find his blind revenge to be no better than YS.

SJ’s revenge is childish and I really hate the writer chose to do it this way. I bet you, if YS had asked for forgiveness SJ could have let it go. But YS was the one who started speaking to the media, trying to ruin his reputation. YS has either lost his mind or he chooses to continue to play the victim like his mother. SJ is throwing a tantrum which will only hurt his family and him.

EJ - - I don’t know how to feel about this character. She may have trusted her husband but she was LEECH!!!  She borrowed money from the Aunt In Law and still hasn’t paid it back. She should have gotten a job instead of leaving all the finances to hee husband who isn’t making a lot of money.  She and her husband also used SJ to promote their Studio. Not only that for 20 husband has been borrowing ( taken money and not giving it back) and the extra payment from Aunt In law he was pocketing. I wondered where and how did that spend all that money they got through the years. Hee husband played the VICTIM role so well that all he knows to do is laugh crazily

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7xdrdo2rc5bkgqwsu22

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

It's so satisfying to see Jo Nam Soo being punched by MY, and then by GW as well, twice! :cool:

Preview showing our Stationery Couple MY-SR getting married :love: Woohooo....!!

Very satisfying , I couldn't stop laughing. He got beat up and tried to pretend he passed out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you believe Jo Nam Soo is complaining to pay back $3,000.00 after working as a manager in a big company. Where has all his money gone. he is such a cheap person. He couldn't even pay $9.00 for cofee. I spent  more on one coffee just for myself . 

What the hell did So Rim and Ji Hye ever saw in them. 

• Haha 2

Hello everyone @Zoaze @ktcjdrama @stroppyse

This is the first weekend drama where the ending felt complete and satisfying. 
Two families whose family aren’t traditional. This story was Three Bold Siblings but it  revolved solely on eldest responsibility and how it differed and similar between SJ & TJ’s family from the old and new generation 

TaeJu family

Tae Ju was the eldest 

So Rim 

Gun Woo

Sang Jun  family

Jang Se-Ran SJ’s mom

Jang Hyung-Jun

Jang Young Sik - Older that SJ

Lee Sang Joon  Eldest responsibility 

Lee Sang Min  Brat and  spoiled 

Tae Ju sole responsibility was to always let her siblings enjoy fist dibs while she worked hard and they enjoyed the spoil 

Sang Joon took the eldest role by taking care of the whole family financially and paying back the debts his father left him. 

Jang Se Ran

She loved her brother so she took in his ungrateful talented son who deceive them for 20 years because in truth if he had communicated with his aunt and his cousin on his feelings maybe it wouldn’t have ended like thiS. I think they should have talked more because SJ really loved his cousin but his cousin couldn’t see that until he saved his life. 

I WANTED TO SAY 

If SR had not put asked him for so many  favors, been more thoughtful in times that YS’s family was suffering, YS wouldn’t be so ungrateful but then I think of SR, taking him in when she and her family had a big debt to clear which took years to clear. It wasn’t easy for her either. She did actually do her best. 

I enjoyed knowing that Jo Nam Soo and Oh Hee Eun got arrested and they ended up leaking false information so Shin Moo Young’s company is safe. It seems he has been planning to steal information about the company a long time ago. 

Kim Kyung Hwas is a good actress. 

Jang Young Sik lost his family and it was the right decision the writer did.  He has lied, stolen money and borrowed money in the name of his family. His wife also borrowed money and still they have not paid Jang Se Ran back until Lee Sang Joon mentioned it. 
His family were leeches and so ungrateful. His wife didn’t really know her husband, she could only love and pity him. He had to lose his family to understand what he did wrong. 

This drama is actually not too bad. The weakest part is the Jang Young Sik's story. Until the end, I couldn't care about this arc. There were too many illogical parts. At the end, I even thought YS needs to see a psychiatrist badly. It is already very clear what the others have been doing for and to him, but his blinded eyes and heart just refused to see and believe the truth. I really think he is sick mentally and needs the help of professionals. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 3/20/2023 at 8:40 AM, ktcjdrama said:

This drama is actually not too bad. The weakest part is the Jang Young Sik's story. Until the end, I couldn't care about this arc. There were too many illogical parts. At the end, I even thought YS needs to see a psychiatrist badly. It is already very clear what the others have been doing for and to him, but his blinded eyes and heart just refused to see and believe the truth. I really think he is sick mentally and needs the help of professionals. 

The actor did a good job actually 

Anyone watching the new drama?

Didn't check out yet.