Love In Your Eyes 내 눈에 콩깍지 [2022-2023]

Translation of the preview

YY: The chairman had said this. That in large offices, there is a wave. He said not to become a grain of sand that gets carried along by the wave, but to be a rock.

Grandfather: Baby chick is innocent. Everyone knows that. The issue is who could have done such a thing. I’m looking for evidence.

Man: All of a sudden, I remember that in the product development team, there is an Assistant Team Leader Kim. However, it turns out that person is a university classmate of Team Leader Kim Hae Mi.

SJ: If I want to find out who had been assigned here 6 years ago who should I ask?
SJ: I’m now trying to discover the truth of what happened. Even though it’s late, at least to find it now.

Grandfather is on the case. It's his company. Even if it's to protect his company from malevolent forces, he'll set things right.

Can't believe his son is willing to tolerate harm to the company if it means that his son won't marry where he doesn't want him to. How is that a chaebol thing? Doesn't the company usually come first? I mean, it's not even as if the father has KJ lined up to marry a chaebol heiress or anything like that. It's just that his wife doesn't like YY, and he doesn't think that YY's background is good enough for his son's future. Obviously the fact that he married a low class witch like HH doesn't seem to have occurred to him at all. It's been mentioned a number of times that HH doesn't come from wealth herself despite giving herself airs. Her wealth comes through her husband. Now it makes me think that she lied about her background, and her husband just accepted it and married her.

12 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

So tired of HM the SFL being the focus of this drama. Although still not as bad as The Man in The Veil 😆

In a lot of the daily/weekend dramas the evil SLs seem to feature prominently in the drama and have a majority of the screen time. I guess that's because the Leads themselves have to be good upstanding people who are not scheming and so don't move the plot along much? :lmao2:

I understand that the actors who become successful doing those kinds of roles tend to keep getting offers to play those kinds of roles though and find themselves becoming pigeon-holed. Oh well. At least it's work?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

understand that the actors who become successful doing those kinds of roles tend to keep getting offers to play those kinds of roles though and find themselves becoming pigeon-holed. Oh well. At least it's work?

Too good backfires for me.  I truly dislike the character Min Jung, in Jang Bo Ri. The actress is just too good!  It influenced my desire to watch complete most of her dramas. So when she finally switched  roles I couldn’t watch.  I just wanted to spit seeing her on the screen. I probably will feel the same about this actress playing Hae Mi.  When HM was in the car handing over copy of proposal..that look

FmB48tOakAA9aKG?format=jpg&name=large

evil!!!

Todays episode reminded me of characters of Bravo my Life.  Predicting CY will loose his moolah business, HM will loose her position and nobody will hire her. With no moolah HK will finally need to get her hands dirty.. CY will help his brother with restaurant so Hk will finally have to tie the apron on…. 

I think DY had a conception dream. HJ is obviously preggie. Wonder where this storyline is going with a such a loser. I hope DS pull his crap together.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

So i did not watch, but i read naver chat. SJ called his mother instead of the ambulance. I think they said DJ could have lived probably if SJ had called it instead of his mother.

Episode 78 Preview

The list of TS Retail full-time employees is announced a day earlier than expected, and due to the leakage of the lunch box plan, Youngi fails to convert to a full-time job. Meanwhile, with Suwan's help, Kyung-jun gets closer to the truth behind the leaked project. Waiting with bated breath for the culprit to be caught in a secretly prepared trap...

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I just wonder if YY realising that Se Jun is the one responsible for DJ's death, would change things with KJ. I know the leads have a lot of challenges as it is, but SJ is KJ's brother.  Things will become even more complicated.  :psweatduck:

46 minutes ago, Zoaze said:

The list of TS Retail full-time employees is announced a day earlier than expected, and due to the leakage of the lunch box plan, Youngi fails to convert to a full-time job. Meanwhile, with Suwan's help, Kyung-jun gets closer to the truth behind the leaked project. Waiting with bated breath for the culprit to be caught in a secretly prepared trap...

I hope they don't go easy on HM. What she did was criminal....

21 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Grandfather is on the case. It's his company. Even if it's to protect his company from malevolent forces, he'll set things right.

I am grateful that grandfather is still so sharp . Thankfully KJ takes after him. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

@abs-oluteM Yeah i think YY and KJ will temporarily break up. I mean we have seen how much DJ death affected YY and her in-laws. Also her in-laws would never approve with Mirinae. I think they will approve when 1. SJ is not KJ brother. 2. KJ having DJ eyes. 3. Villains get punished.

Leaving nr 3 open depending if KJ is going against SJ or something.

I don't really feel that bad towards SJ. I feel more for YY,Mirinae and partly KJ. We have seen the consequences of DJ death and how YY had to suffer these years.

Grandpa may spare HM from prison charges because 1. She saved KJ in the past. 2. Grandpa friendship with CY. 3. In-laws with YY. Depends how much he can affect the legal charges.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Sad 2

@Zoaze as much as I like SJ...I believe his character will have to be "sacrificed" for the plot. Most important for me is a happy ending for YY & KJ , and that they can be a family unit with MRN. And HH must be punished too for covering things up.

I hate the idea of a break up but I think it may happen like you say. Perhaps some sort of time out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

I haven’t watched with subs, but I hope SJ will be fine until the end. I pity him. His life has been dominated and sheltered by his mother so when he met a problem, he could only think of getting help from his mother. It should be HH who bear the consequences of never valuing other people, only her own. SJ is a kind-hearted soul who has been suppressed to the extreme by his venomous mother, so much so that he was unable to think/decide in the right way then. But now he is trying to break free because he knows it is not right. He has never had any evil/menacing thoughts towards other people. He should be given a second chance in life, free from his witch mother. Even Grandpa can see how hard and stressful it has been for SJ growing up under HH. So I really hope he will find peace by doing the right things handling that past incident going forward. No more sleepless night.  

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

EJ is pregnant. Ms Im did give the evidence to YY and KJ. KJ went to his father + HH who were there with HM were HM told them KJ knew. HM at home called Grandma and intends to comeover soon. HM is nervous. HK went to ES but wasnt successful. Going downhill for CY. He will be bankrupt soon i guess. Ends with a sweet office scene with YY and KJ. Not looking good for CY in the preview, hes more visibly irritated. Scene with SJ coming home and in his room looking angry. YY met WS outside her in-laws house.

Episode 79 Preview
Won-seop suddenly visits Young-i's house. When Won-seop says that Do-jin came to say hello to the things they were thankful for when he was working as a public affairs doctor, the family sheds tears as they think of Do-jin.
It's Won-seop, who carefully examines the family members and makes a sinister plan...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Zoaze Thanks for recaps. So Hae Mi is finally being exposed .... please tell me she is going to be severely punished for this. What she did was against the law & a betrayal to the company . She needs to be fired.

I do feel sorry for Se Jun....but I suppose he will have to pay for the consequences. But  like you said @ktcjdrama , once the truth is made known and he owns up to it, it can be liberating as he no longer has to hide this secret. I believe Do Jin would have had a fighting chance to stay alive had Sim WS called for the ambulance then. SWS is the real murderer , and now he seems to be up to no good again.  I wonder what  Se Jun saw in the note in SWS's place? That he is SJ's father? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Zoaze This scene with his parents is super important. He exposed the recording but he's using it to negotiate for something or blackmail them. Maybe @stroppyse can shed some light...

KJ is smart ...he knows that HH is the one who probably instigate HM to resort to such things.  And I believe he will use this as a way to protect YY and their relationship too

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

@abs-oluteM

Copy+paste my post from Soompi/Watchasian

KJ blackmailing his father :D 

Title for the clip when KJ confront all 3 of them with the audio file.

“No matter how many times you throw me away, I will bring you back.” Baek Sung-hyeon declares that he will sit in the position of managing director [A bean pod in my eyes] | KBS 230119 broadcast

I

think KJ dad say he will think about it. Seems like KJ dad got into an argument with HH for only caring about SJ

So i think this is what Grandpa will help him with when he asked Grandpa to help him soon in previous ep.

Ending clip is :

Bae Noo-ri and Bae Seong-hyeon change the plan again after a commotion [A bean pod in my eyes] | KBS 230119 broadcast

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@stroppyse what is "baby chick" in Korean?

병아리 is the word in hangul, and it's pronounced byung ah ri.  The "baby" part is a bit duplicative though since a chick is a baby chicken.

However, the grandfather calls YY 삐야기 which is pronounced bbi yah gi and is kind of a diminutive of the word for a chick, and is getting translated into a baby chick, e.g. a newborn chick.

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Maybe @stroppyse can shed some light...

@Zoazealready answered it for you. He had the recording of HM talking to her friend in the other firm, and then he accused his father and HH of knowing about it all. He tells them that he was going to take it to the chairman, but he thought he would give them a chance. The father asks if KJ wants YY to made a permanent employee to which KJ says that they can do whatever they want about that since no matter how many times they try to kick out YY, he KJ intends to bring her back. That's when he says that he'll take the empty managing director position in the company. HH is upset, but the father says that he'll think it over.

• Thanks 3
  • Party! 1

Thanks @stroppyse @Zoaze for the explanation. That scene with KJ , his folks and HaeMi was pretty satisfying. KJ was the real MVP in finding out the truth. Though I would love that Hae Mi be fired , I do love that he took this opportunity to ask for the MD position. In the long run , without power and authority, it will be hard to truly protect YY no matter how hard she works and how good she is. So I am glad he is pretty forward thinking. 

Have not commented much about EJ's pregnancy but this is like the arc I dislike the most. I don't wish for her to have to marry Do Shik....but I am wondering if this is the push that Do Shik needs to buck up & grow up.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Grandpa knows it was HM since SW had already reported it. WS is a devil to come there and re-open old wounds for them. I fear he will do something to YY or Mirinae.

SJ remember the picture. It looked like some kind of wedding photo or something between WS and HH. KJ and SJ having some talk while drinking. SJ finds out it was HM that caused problems. KJ and SJ having a warm conversation.

At work with all four workers talking to each other without HM. They congratulate KJ. YY enters the coffee room. KJ follows and they talk. KJ and YY hug each other.

CY comes home and is in a bad mood like in preview. WS forces himself into HH office. WS and HH talking and not happy especially HH. In the preview YY and KJ are called into the office with KJ dad acting nice. Grandpa is suspicious about it. Seems like SJ finds out in the preview that YY is the wife of the man he killed.

80 previews

Lee Jae and Yoon-hee invite Young-i to their house to have dinner together since they have decided to accept him. Kyung-jun and Young-yi are taken aback by the sudden permission, but decide to accept the invitation to dinner.
Hearing the news, Chairman Jang said he had to follow the order and headed to Yeong's neighborhood to meet Eun-suk and Chang-il...

KJ gets promoted to Managing Director

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m here wondering if SJ will be the one to save YY from any evil plot of his terrible mother and alleged father. He’s probably the only one aware of the situation and would sense the danger if he discovers WS is hovering around YY and her family. 

I love how the Chairman found out that it was HM who harmed his company. It reveals to him what kind of person she is to do such a malicious thing and out of personal reasons, no less, just to put YY in trouble. What kind of company manager does that kind of thing? That is always a ground for termination. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Watching:  **  KDrama:  |  Love in Your Eyes  |  Again My Life  |  **  CDrama:  |  Reset  |

Plan to watch: |  Gaus Electronics |  Hospital Playlist 2  |  

Re-watch: |  Happiness  |