Love In Your Eyes 내 눈에 콩깍지 [2022-2023]

Preview translation

KJ: Just tell me everything before it’s too much later. Just as you were my eyes when we were younger.
SJ: Later on, I’ll tell you everything.
HM Father: Young Yi has someone that she’s seriously dating. It seems that Mother has already met him as well.
HM Mother: Mirinae’s Mom is talented!
YY MIL: Mother-in-law, that jerk has filled the child with such nonsense, she’s saying that the three of them are going to live together!
YY MIL: What are you doing just standing there?! Get out of my house immediately!

LOL. I think YY's MIL is forgetting it's the grandmother's house anyway, not YY's MIL own home. I would hope the grandmother would step in and put the little twit in her place.  Since she's been supportive of YY having a life of her own, I don't think she'll stand for YY being thrown out of her house.

That MIL needs to be slapped. And, the funny thing is that if it had been her son who was widowed, she would have already set up numerous marriage meetings for him saying that it's not good for him to be alone. Of course, given how YY does so much of the work around the house, including the cooking and the cleaning, I guess that MIL also likes having an unpaid servant that she can boss around so that she can slip off to meet her own friends. Whatever.

Super annoying preview.

13 minutes ago, Zoaze said:

@stroppyse This episode and the preview just made me far too annoyed. Hopefully Three Bold Siblings are good this weekend to let me forget 😁

I'm not sure that I"m going to hold out much hope. That is in its middle stretch as well, so it's just going to get angsty. I don't think the pencil couple are going to clear up their various misunderstandings as yet, though it would be nice if they did, meaning also that the jerk would be revealed for the money grubbing jerk that he is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I honestly wish YY would leave with her child. This woman is ridiculous. Apparently only she alone feels the pain of the death of her son. I remember she wanted YY and DJ to abort MR. She also blames YY for calling her husband about her pregnancy pains. The terrible thing about it is that everyone in that house enables her victim mentality. I know the grandmother tried to talk to her but they still try to accommodate her feelings in the end. 

YY should tell her that she’ll leave if she gives back the hard earned money that her precious son lost. I don’t know how YY hasn’t felt like an outsider in that house all this time since her husband died. It might be because she tries to repay them by doing everything they ask after working all night at the convenience store and sleeping little when she gets home. She tries to earn a place there by being good to them. Her breakdown over the lost money revealed just how hard and sacrificial she’s been living. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Watching:  **  KDrama:  |  Love in Your Eyes  |  Again My Life  |  **  CDrama:  |  Reset  |

Plan to watch: |  Gaus Electronics |  Hospital Playlist 2  |  

Re-watch: |  Happiness  |

1 minute ago, Celebrianna said:

YY should tell her that she’ll leave if she gives back the hard earned money that her precious son lost. I don’t know how YY hasn’t felt like an outsider in that house all this time since her husband died. It might be because she tries to repay them by doing everything they ask after working all night at the convenience store and sleeping little when she gets home. She tries to earn a place there by being good to them. Her breakdown over the lost money revealed just how hard and sacrificial she’s been living. 

Nice idea, but it's not in YY's nature to demand something like that.

I think YY has felt okay for the most part, because it's really the MIL who is the problem. The FIL and the grandmother have been genuinely nice and encouraging to YY, while DS and DY are immature kids who just accepted YY as being part of the family.

I think it's interesting that there was this assumption that YY would just continue to be a member of the family by everyone. It's probably not far from the truth, however, given how difficult it is for single parents to date again, much less get married, especially single mothers.

From an episode last week, it seems as if the FIL and the MIL had discussed YY one day leaving the family, but it seems that the MIL had not actually believed that YY would ever leave of her own volition. Thinking it through culturally, the MIL probably thought that someday after MRN was older or in college, that she would probably set YY up with some ajusshi to be in her own household. At the end of the day, what's really irritating to the MIL seems to be that YY wants to be happy and wants to be able to live her life rather than being at the MIL's beck and call as she had been, however, the MIL can only justify it by saying it's a "betrayal" of her dead son. It's utterly pathetic.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Celebrianna said:

The terrible thing about it is that everyone in that house enables her victim mentality

You are so right about this. YY 's FIL is most at fault here. While I appreciate that he is a loving husband, father and son , it annoys me that he indulges the wife too much. 

17 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

YY MIL: What are you doing just standing there?! Get out of my house immediately!

Thanks for the translations . Her house? LOL...doesn't the house belong to grandmother?  In fact the restaurant which was started by grandma and YY's grandma supports the family. It would be interesting if YY actually has a share in the place. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

This drama has reached the point for me where I need to pause maybe a week. Then binge through the episodes to get through these annoying frustrating and exasperating scenes.  

I’m going to try not peaking 🫣 

overall YY, just flip it and move out with MRN,  show all those woman who doubt you are strong independent woman.

Vamos!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

@Mizv and @Zoaze, selfishly, I want you to keep watching and posting, of course! However, I totally understand the way you feel. It was better for me because I had a heads up from reading your posts before I actually watched the recent episodes.

Too many twits who make me want to smack some sense, civility and kindness into them.

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It would be interesting if YY actually has a share in the place. 

I doubt that would be the case. The house and the restaurant are both the grandmother's as the show has laid it out. CY hopes to someday inherit it, but it's still the grandmother's right now.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@stroppyse You want me to have a stroke? 🤣. It depends on how my mood is after the weekend. Hopefully something interesting happen in Three Bold Siblings to lift my mood. Like something interesting around MY and SR. They don't necessarily have to get together just plot progress. Also GW and HJ progress and i'll be happy. Then i might suffer next week. Today episode annoyed me so i had to watch it on and off and mostly without sound 🤣

• Haha 5

The HM scenes were quite blood boiling but after watching the entire episode , there are some positive developments. For one, that Won Sub guy appearing out of no where is making HH very stressed and distracted. I can easily see her dirty deeds being exposed sooner rather than later. The man is not really here for SJ - he does want to have some shares of TS Retail. Apart from that Grandpa is highly suspicious of HH and has been tracking where she supposedly donates money to. His secretary has been keeping tabs on her. Not easy to fool the old man.

And HM despite all her scheming and stuff, I can see where her downfall is going to start from. For one, HH is already not seeing her in a favourable light after her drunken outburst. She mentioned it when talking to HM's mother that she doesn't think that HM is all that competent and that she should reign in her daughter. Then the female colleague overheard HM calling the competitor ( the one she gave YY's recipe to) . So there's a witness and I feel that this female colleague isn't so bad. She will likely let KJ know. 

While I am personally quite okay with how things are going for the plot, I do think that there needs to be a bit more happy scenes involving our leads ( and with MRN). With so much screen time for psycho HM , and the fact that the Jang brothers seem so powerless over a subordinate that doesn't even come from a chaebol family, I do think there are local viewers who are getting turned off. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

While I am personally quite okay with how things are going for the plot, I do think that there needs to be a bit more happy scenes involving our leads ( and with MRN). With so much screen time for psycho HM , and the fact that the Jang brothers seem so powerless over a subordinate that doesn't even come from a chaebol family, I do think there are local viewers who are getting turned off. 

It's common for the evil 2nd FL to get significant screen time, but what's interesting about HM is actually how incompetent she is. She schemes but she gets found out pretty quickly, so it's really just a series of desperate moves that feel as if it's just filler, plus frankly illogical for office life. So, she frames an intern with putting in the wrong order, but as SJ pointed out, HM as the intern's supervisor should have checked her work. What company would give unchecked authority to order supplies to an intern without checking invoices at least? HM acts as if she's the daughter of the company rather than a relatively low level employee, and no one seems to be checking her work? It's actually not even clear who HM reports to. I know she goes directly to SJ or HH, but as only a Team Leader, she should be reporting to a department head or something rather than going straight to the C Suite.

HM also has a rather unusual background for someone so unhinged and delusional, meaning she comes from a stable family with parents who love each other and love her as well. So, the only motivation for her behavior is that she was an overly loved and indulged daughter? That basically just makes her a spoiled brat, and so her character feels pretty petty.

HH is also petty and has way too much time on her hands. I laugh at scenes where either HH or HM talk about how busy they are and how competent they are, because it's as if the drama realizes that they should also be doing something pertaining to their jobs even if it's all off-screen and somehow squeezed into those moments when they're not plotting another failure.

Right now, none of the plot lines are that engaging so perhaps the WS-HH-SJ plot will bring some more interesting twists? I'm repulsed by the EJ-DS line since DS is still just an incompetent, immature victim of his mother's ambition. EH seems to not have a story line of his own right now, and I don't really count DY's crush.

As for KJ-YY-MRN-grandfather, that is the most heart warming, so more scenes of them being happy would be welcome, but even that plot line seems to be mostly about the MIL and HM's parents. sigh

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM Ms Im does have a soft spot for YY. It was clearly shown when KJ confronted her and said she doesn't care about KJ cause hes from a rich family but she felt bad for YY since she is such a honest and hard worker. Some said Ms Im was glossed over for HM regarding the team leader position. Ms Im is alot more competent. So i think she will expose HM both for her own ambitions and also because she don't want to see YY fired. 

@stroppyse Most of the storylines annoy me right now in the drama. Only YY,KJ,Mirinae,Grandpa keep me somewhat interested.

Right now i'm way more interested in Three Bold Siblings.

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 4
23 hours ago, Zoaze said:

Ms Im does have a soft spot for YY. It was clearly shown when KJ confronted her and said she doesn't care about KJ cause hes from a rich family but she felt bad for YY since she is such a honest and hard worker. Some said Ms Im was glossed over for HM regarding the team leader position. Ms Im is alot more competent. So i think she will expose HM both for her own ambitions and also because she don't want to see YY fired. 

That's an interesting line of thinking, that Ms. Im was passed over so that HM could have the position since she came in through the family recommendation. Basically, that makes HM the nepotistic hire.

I just always thought that Ms. Im was the actual rational office staff member who isn't always looking to cut corners, slack off, or weasel into bettering herself in some ways. She's the one who calmly wants to hear the details and also help figure out solutions rather than immediately jumping up and screaming that it's YY's fault as HM and the male weasel co-worker seem to do no matter what. Ms. Im should be the Team Leader rather than HM just based on competency and level-headedness. Oh yeah, also, Ms. Im doesn't keep trying to disadvantage the company for the sole purpose of her own personal obsession agenda.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I just always thought that Ms. Im was the actual rational office staff member who isn't always looking to cut corners, slack off, or weasel into bettering herself in some ways.

She did help HH in sabotaging YY and KJ during the first competition though. But I already forgive her with the recent character development of hers. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

So i did not watch much. At the end ES returned the gifts to HK and ES leave and ep ends with HK getting suspicious. In the preview we see KJ father coming to the office and giving YY the evil eye.

From the written preview i can understand why Grandpa dotes on KJ so much and also why he chooses not to interfere. It seems like Grandpa opposed to KJ father marrying KJ mother.

Episode 71 Preview

Angry at Lee Jae for constantly interrupting his meeting with Youngi, Gyeong-jun expresses his regret by saying that he was disappointed in his father.
Chairman Jang, who was watching him, recalls Lee Jae's opposition to his first wife and gives Lee Jae heartfelt advice, telling him not to resemble me...

Edit : adding my opinion + some info from naver chat.

Grandpa's past is a good example of living with regret and learning from his mistakes.

They also talked about that HM dad will probably get framed for embezzlement soon and HM will lose all reputation in naver chat.

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Zoaze did you manage to check the cuts? I assume YY went to EJ's place for a while to cool off. But what made her change her mind to go back?

This blew up quite a bit with everyone witnessing the MIL's yelling :psweatduck:

Spoiler

I wish YY would tell KJ what happened ...even if not immediately , at least some time in the future. She needs to share her burdens with him too.

This was rather moving. Grandma truly treats YY like her own granddaughter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@abs-oluteM, yes, you're right about the beach. Translation of that scene. Cute.

K: Young Yi-shi, you feel good, right?
YY: Yes. Well…
KJ: Why? Your face looks as you have some worries?
YY: It’s just that Team Leader is suddenly complimenting me, so that seems strange…
KJ: And it makes you feel worried?
(YY nods)
KJ: I was also a little surprised. Right now, all we can hope for is that she continues to be able to distinguish professional from personal.
YY: I guess so.
KJ: Oh, Young Yi-shi. let’s have the person who gets the higher score at the next evaluation get a wish.
YY: It seems that you have a wish?
KJ: Of course I do! There are so many things I want to do with you, Young Yi-shi.
YY: Hmm, it will be a little harder this time. You just heard it right now. That Team Leader and the senior members of the team think that my creativity is a little better than yours.
KJ: There is also a saying that it’s not all over until it’s over.
YY: Ohhh. It seems that you’re confident you can be #1. Go ahead and tell me your wish.
KJ: I want to go see the sea. With you, Young Yi-shi.
YY: The sea?
KJ: Holding hands, walking alone the beach, eating delicious seafood, and taking lots of pictures of Young Yi-shi. I’m going to take many, many pictures and keep them all!
YY: (laughing) What are you saying.
YY: However, going to the sea in winter is probably going to be cold.
KJ: I’ve never been to the sea. Because I wanted to go see it when I was the happiest having found the person I love so that we can go together, I’ve been saving this chance. Also, if I’m going with Young Yi-shi, even if I were hit by a snowstorm, it doesn’t matter. However, since Young Yi-shi shouldn’t be cold, I’ll prepare well.
YY: Okay. Let’s go together to the sea.
KJ: (kissing her forehead) That’s a promise!
YY: Kyung Jun-shi
KJ: That was a seal (to the promise).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Preview translation

KJ Father: At least, her credentials should be reasonable. Even if dirt goes in my eyes, that can never happen. (me: Dirt going in his eyes means even if he were to die and be buried)
Grandfather: Don’t make an enemy of your child. After Kyung Jun left, you and I were left here to talk like this for over ten years.
HH: You aren’t by any chance trying to look into the accident that night without me knowing about it, are you?
SJ: I have to know. What mom is hiding about that night from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It's Shim Won Sub she meets.

Episode 72 Preview

Young's family prepares for the ancestral rite ahead of Do-jin's death date. Eun-sook, who spent her anniversary every year with her tears, tries not to fall into sadness this year, but it is not as easy as she thought.
Meanwhile, Yeong-yi goes to the ossuary to greet Do-jin and runs into an unexpected person in front of Do-jin's urn...

f

f

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ES telling YY again to leave Mirinae. There is a sweet scene with Mirinae singing on phone with KJ. Seems like CY will soon get in trouble with his job and accused of embezzlement. Ending is KJ and YY happily outside the company about to leave. Shim Won Sub recognize YY as the wife of the deceased Dojin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1