My Demon 마이데몬 [2023-2024]

@mademoiselle I’m here! I’m here! Been watching but haven’t had much to comment on so far. The show is easy going and has enough to make me look forward to it every weekend, but I’m not particularly drawn into the story, I guess. 

Just curious about certain things:

Jin Star and his personal butler - how did they get into the picture? Wouldn’t his butler have had to give up his life by now? Why did his contract not expire like the others? And what’s it with Jin Star? She’s immortal too?

And the accountant/investment branch cousin - do we trust him? 

Psychopath nephew - no one reported his doctor’s assault? Or did the doctor die?

Madam Ju has a backstory about the family business she started with Dohee’s father which Dohee does not yet know about right? What she said she could not be forgiven for in the confession box.

And the CCTV footage being as small as it is on her mobile phone, how did they spot the bloody scabs on the guy’s neck??

Am curious also about the crucifix he wears. Odd for a demon, no? And the photo booth flashes making his powers wane… a new spanner in the works?

So many variables in this show….

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

@gilaswan Oh yay! You're here. I'm having so much fun with this drama even though, like you, lots of questions. It's such an easy watch and beautiful visuals. Hahaha.

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Jin Star and his personal butler - how did they get into the picture? Wouldn’t his butler have had to give up his life by now? Why did his contract not expire like the others? And what’s it with Jin Star? She’s immortal too?

We haven't been told yet. Park Bok Gyu remembered his past life just before he signed another one, and it ended with him fighting Gu Won about the contract. So I am guessing he proposed another kind of contract with Gu Won. Jin Star could be another one, too. I believe it was mentioned she's been around for 20 years.

And the accountant/investment branch cousin - do we trust him?

Because he is played by Lee Sang Yi, so no, he cannot be trusted. I have told @Tofu I think he is the one who ordered the kill on CEO Ju and Do Hee.

Psychopath nephew - no one reported his doctor’s assault? Or did the doctor die?

Probably did not die and did not report because he's chaebol.

Madam Ju has a backstory about the family business she started with Dohee’s father which Dohee does not yet know about right? What she said she could not be forgiven for in the confession box.

Correct. I think she is the reason Do Hee became orphaned. Taking in Do Hee is her way of paying back.

And the CCTV footage being as small as it is on her mobile phone, how did they spot the bloody scabs on the guy’s neck??

Because uri Gu Won is a Demon :laugh: Yes, I questioned that immediately too. But lately the dramas

we watch, we have to suspend our beliefs.

Am curious also about the crucifix he wears. Odd for a demon, no? And the photo booth flashes making his powers wane… a new spanner in the works?

He works for God, it seems. Because in episode 1, he thought Do Hee was sent by the above and he immediately changed his behaviour. Nah, the power didn't work before the camera flashes.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes, Song Kang's body is always decent. There is a shower scene as well. RAWR. Pali-pali watch it!

Yes. Catching up with this week's before I go on vacay. His body is so nice but she was only attracted to the cross he was wearing :laugh:. I am like, how can?

I am not as invested in this show as I am with Park Marriage Contract as I feel the chemie between the leads here is not as strong. But I think it's a decent enough watch with beautiful visuals and I don't have to think too hard. The story moves along a bit slower but with the wedding , it will be fun! By the way is Lee Sang Yi's character too good to be true? Is he a sheep in wolf's clothing - I hope not of course since she's already surrounded by plenty of awful people. No wonder Madam Ju adopted her and willed the position to her. 

Spoiler

Somehow for Song Kang I still love him most where romance is not the main focus ( Sweet Home, Navillera). Maybe except that weather show, but then again Park MY's character there was awesome. YooJung is good here though...she always is. This girl grew up well on our screens. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes. Catching up with this week's before I go on vacay. His body is so nice but she was only attracted to the cross he was wearing :laugh:. I am like, how can?

I am not as invested in this show as I am with Park Marriage Contract as I feel the chemie between the leads here is not as strong. But I think it's a decent enough watch with beautiful visuals and I don't have to think too hard. The story moves along a bit slower but with the wedding , it will be fun! By the way is Lee Sang Yi's character too good to be true? Is he a sheep in wolf's clothing - I hope not of course since she's already surrounded by plenty of awful people. No wonder Madam Ju adopted her and willed the position to her. 

Hide contents

Somehow for Song Kang I still love him most where romance is not the main focus ( Sweet Home, Navillera). Maybe except that weather show, but then again Park MY's character there was awesome. YooJung is good here though...she always is. This girl grew up well on our screens. 

I think you wouldn't put Lee Sang Yi just to play a simple secondary character (if not cameo), so yes, I think he's a wolf in sheep skin. I totally don't mind Song Kang in this romance. It's more adult/mature as well. He's not a total red flag either like in Nevertheless, so it's acceptable. Yoo Jung is great here compared to all her previous works.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

He's not a total red flag either like in Nevertheless, s

Omg that show. I was traumatised :laugh:. By the way their respective PAs are hilarious. Have to say YJ looks beautiful in that wedding dress 

She was disappointed he put his finger on the lips for the kiss 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I've started this today. Only up to ep.2 now. Tbh, the story is really not that great. The script (meaning the lines and dialogues) is quite boring, imho. There are a lot of talking, but they seems of no importance, if you know what I mean. The threats are not convincing, everyone's a bit of a comic. I'm not that drawn in by any of the characters at all. But..., I'm staying just to watch two beautiful beings on the screen. It's soothing to my tired eyes. :niu:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 12/9/2023 at 5:27 AM, mademoiselle said:

Is Song Kang wearing a lady's blazer???

Hahaha! Even though it looks like a lady's blazer, he's actually wearing a men's tweed jacket from Valentino. :laugh:

Spoiler

vv.jpg

I agreed that there must be more to Lee Sang Yi's character. I think the drama is having us focus on the older brother's son for now to draw our attention away from Seok Hoon. If Seok Hoon turns out to actually be a good character.....I'm sorry for thinking so badly of you. :pandasadspoon:

• Haha 5
On 12/11/2023 at 8:54 AM, mademoiselle said:

Was she disappointed there was no kiss? I will have to go back and re-watch. Hehe

Yes . She was expecting an actual kiss . 

Anyway I managed to watch this before I went on my holiday. I was like rushing to finish my homework 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes . She was expecting an actual kiss . 

Anyway I managed to watch this before I went on my holiday. I was like rushing to finish my homework 🤣🤣

This one is a nice homework. I'd be more than happy to "do" more 😂

I think I'm getting invested in them now, and I really like Gu Won. I think Song Kang is redeeming himself after the disastrous that is he-shall-not-be-named-super-big-red-flag!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ep.4 is so cute! I love seeing how he always try to hold her hand and she always try to keep her hands away. The way he was always looking at her hand intensely, almost like lusting for it :laugh:

When they were in that small pantry room, the tension was heating up. 

Then at the end the way she saved him by bravely charging through the thugs. And then the tango scene :wow2::wow:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Finished all 6 episodes. I think this is my favourite ongoing drama now... haha... to think I almost didn't want to continue. I really like the banter and push-pull between these two. Not to mention they're so visually pleasing to the eyes. I'm happy that they have a lot of screen time together, yet we're still given enough screen time of other characters for the story progress.

I'm going to bet my money that the person who killed Madam Ju by switching the pills is Seok Hoon. Guessing based on the little bit of chin shown when Madam Ju was scolding the man in black that day before her death. I've tried to play match with the chins of older brother and the son. And the one that matches most is Seok Hoon. It is also too obvious that both brother and son have the same lighter. The son also has tendency towards violence with little self-control, so he won't do the switching pills mode, but will kill mercilessly with his own hands. 

Do Hee's necklace keeps catching my attention. Apart from loving the simple styling, I think it might have a meaning later? If not, why would she be wearing it day in day out? It's rather unusual that drama character do that, unless it means something. Also love their wedding rings. Simple but it just stands out. 

Though it's sad to see Madam Ju departed so soon, I'm glad for that because I think I'm not ready to see this actress again after Strong Girl Nam Soon :laugh: I need to see her next in very different garb/role to erase the grandma character there. She was fun as the grandma but her romance line was a bit too much later into the story. Madam Ju's departure also made Do Hee's story more interesting now.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

New stills

There's definitely some disguise for this lady (like the Higher Being or some sort).

@ktcjdrama I assume Seok Hoon is Lee Sang Yi. Hahaha. I am confident that it is him because it's played by Lee Sang Yi. Just too obvious. It's also sad that he wants Do Hee dead. He likes her enough, but still want her dead, must mean this love doesn't mean much at all.

To be honest, when Grandma died, I was thinking in my head that she's fine. She'll be the Jade Emperor at Jumadeung (the drama, Tomorrow's pun). LOL. She herself even mentioned Jumadeung in episode 1 when she faked dying to scare Do Hee.

I thought it is really weird that you weren't into it. They are so easy to like. Both Yoo Jung and Song Kang are nailing their comedic scenes so well. Yoo Jung's crying scenes were great too. I also was really convinced of her performance at the cliffhanger ending when she was hanging off the building. Lastly, there's more story to this drama than KTL. But yeah, I'm glad you got into My Demon now. Haha.

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought it is really weird that you weren't into it.

The first two episodes (story/plot/character introductions) were not impressive tbh... Still think so. 

I love both of them, and think the pairing is amazing. Best ever for both of them. And yes, their comedic timing are great. 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I assume Seok Hoon is Lee Sang Yi.

Yes yes... Lee Sang Yi

psst... I haven't finished KTL 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

@gilaswan I rewatched episode 1. When they were bantering, and Gu Won mentioned they are both defective (abnormal) humans. One who remembers his past life (Park Bok Gyu) and the other one he saved and fangirl a Demon (Jin Star). So Park Bok Gyu doesn't have a contract relationship with Gu Won, but just work and serve him as a Butler, and in return, Gu Won pays him. Jin Star is the same, an entertainer, who Sun Wol sponsors.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

@Tofu You're right, they all seem to have murder tendencies. Maybe they are all a family of murderers, even CEO Ju. I'm starting to think her success was built on sacrificing Do Hee's parents. Hence, she left SH Group to Do Hee because she's the rightful owner.

However, if the above speculation is correct, then Do Hee is likely to leave SH Group completely because everything was just a fake. She probably could inherit Sun Wol with Gu Won (or she is the Demon) and Gu Won as her human husband if there can't be two Demons.

This episode we also get Jin Star's backstory. Gu Won indirectly saves her from her abusive father.

OK, my fave scene from this episode is the intense gazing on bed. Song Kang was beautiful in that scene (including his big eyes). When the staring got more and more intense, I honestly thought it's a cue for both to start kissing and make out. It wouldn't have been awkward at all, because they were so drawn to one another (I could see the invisible electric shooting out of both their eyes).

And now I've to wait for hours to get to see the next episode after the stabbing!

img.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3