My Demon 마이데몬 [2023-2024]

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

We will see Song Kang in Joseon hanbok. I think this is a first!

I thought so too. I liked him in a hanbok, so hopefully, he does a historical drama in the future. 

MD-01.gif

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Now, why can't RW wear something like this to the press con?! He would have made this look extra dashing with his long-er legs, too.

Why did you have to remind me about that shirt? Hahaha! I think Song Kang's outfit would have looked better if he had a different pair of shoes. Speaking of clothes, I like the outfits in episode one. They match the characters. 

One other thing I liked was the use of clocks in the scene of him walking down the stairs as well as the continuous clock motif throughout the episode. I thought that was nicely done. 

MD-02.gif

@SilverMoonTea Are you going to watch? I think Song Kang in this is your vibe -- the sickly pale oppa. :laugh:

• Haha 4

I really enjoyed episode 1, especially their "meet-cute". What about you, @Tofu?

It was also amusing watching Gu Won went from pissy face "you're disturbing my peace" to him sitting up straight and spoke jeondaemal. He has a backstory of his own, that is for sure. It has already been mentioned he was once a human too. Is the cross tattoo transferring to Do Hee a sign that his "contract" of being a demon is over...? Or, in the grand of scheme, God intended him to find a wife?

We also learnt that Do Hee was adopted. The foster mother, CEO Ju (love that it was played by Kim Hae Sook), seems to love her more than her own blood-related children. However, from the preview and how she showered her with love and worried about her being alone with no support, I wonder if it was stemmed from guilt and that Do Hee's parents died because of CEO Ju.

Gu Won keeps two side-kicks beside him. I already liked them.

Song Kang is very charming in here. I especially love the clothes he was in at the end of the episode.

img.gif

The special effects in this scene also make the both of them look extra beautiful.

OST Part 1

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I like !!!! Especially the ending ahahahah when his powers were transferred to her and now I can see why the need for a contract marriage. :smile: I also like that we have an arrogant chaebol heiress as the FL here...so much more fun than having the usual trope - handsome ML needing to save a poor "candy girl" type character. 

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Song Kang is very charming in here.

Hence he will be able to "win" her over - in the preview he said he'll do what he does best which is to bewitch humans ahahahah...He certainly has that face. Though his confidence comes from having these immortal abilities,  the skill to negotiate and entice humans is something he would have acquired over centuries so he won't have lost that skill.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I continued to enjoy episode 2. There are a lot of scenes I like.

• It was fun and amusing watching the arrogant demon Gu Won feeling exasperated with the loss of power, and tried collecting soul without his power. At least he is still able to throw a few punches before deciding best to retreat first. The middle finger salute was definitely unexpected.

• The part at the hospital was fun too. Him being slapped by Do Hee and a huge red hand mark appeared on his face. I even appreciated the "puppy whimpering" sound effects. :laugh:

• Do Hee keeps misunderstanding Gu Won was also humorous (the Han River part).

• Do Hee bursts into tears after being thrown into the river. Gu Won, the Demon, actually felt bad at that moment was a highlight.

Do Hee has definitely fallen for Gu Won since their meet-cute. That face, how to resist? Most important, him saving her over and over again at that crucial moment just flutters a girl's heart even more.

NamooActor Naver Update

NM_01789.jpg

NM_00679.jpg

More → LINK

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 3 was a fun watch. I really enjoyed the tiki-taka between Gu Won and Do Hee. Do Hee liken him to Pokémon and Genie were hilarious. It was also funny watching Song Kang & et al. freaking out over his self-combustion. So uncool, but love the comedic effect.

I totally didn't expect Grandma to pass away so soon, though. Kim You Jung's crying scenes were very infectious that I find myself crying with her.

That said, I now find the hidden villain too easy to guess.

Spoiler

The clue came from Grandma when she investigated into the finance department and said she was blind. Then she was seen to lecture someone.

She is only ever nice to two people in the family, and that's Do Hee and her nephew. She wouldn't have trusted her eldest son enough to not notice he's up to no good, even though he seems to be behaving now. Even though the actor playing the son is fully capable of portraying a villain, it would be too boring for him to be truly one. It's definitely not her daughter, for she also doesn't trust her.

So the only one left is the nephew, whom she has some affection for and entrusted him to handle her business affair. Lee Sang Yi is an actor fully capable of portraying a harmless/nice person on the surface. I can totally see he could be putting on a facade in front of everyone.

@Tofu Lee Sang Yi played a bully in Prison Playbook. He then framed Jung Hae In for the death of the soldier he killed. 😆

OST

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

img.gif

My favourite shot of Gu Won from episode 4. Hahaha! He is such a shit in this episode. I cracked up so much when he compared Do Hee to a pig. 😆 And he doesn't even realise what he said was offensive.

Anyway, we didn't get a wedding because Gu Won outright rejected Do Hee's proposal. Narratively speaking, it made sense he would say no first because he prefers to be single and Do Hee did it without giving some thought into it. Plus, who would like to be proposed to at a funeral, now that I come to think of it.

It seems like every episode, Gu Won will have something to freak out on. Last episode, he was self-combusting. This episode, his secretary scared him into thinking he's ageing, so he wants to hold Do Hee's hand so he feels more secure about his beauty. 🤣

Next episode, there will be some tension between the OTP because Do Hee is actively looking for a husband. Gu Won is feeling jealous. Didn't expect this to start so early, but we can see he wasn't immune to Do Hee every time she was in a vulnerable state.

The Tango scene was a hilarious one. I don't know what to think of it. I find it both ridiculous, yet funny. I even thought could this drama be directed by Vincenzo, having remember they did have some quirky scenes in there too. But I checked, it isn't.

I find the actor portraying the killer eerily scarier than other killers in some crime drama. Maybe because he plays with disguises. I recognise this actor, he was the man playing the Blind Monster in Sweet Home and the contemporary dancer/actor in Vincenzo.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle Song Kang’s body has always been decent . Nway am currently watching eps 3 . Was surprised that she found so quickly he’s a demon, and she’s pretty calm about it . Also didn’t expect Madam Ju to die so quickly 😢

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I enjoyed episode 5's tension where Gu Won is fighting his feelings for Do Hee, but can't help getting jealous with every man she touched. Haha! He's so petty. I loved the scene where he takes it out on the thud too, so hot. The outburst of his frustration was good, too. And the cliffhanger was crazy scary. Do Hee, who's afraid of height, was hung off the building with just a white cloth was an innovative way of scaring the soul out of somebody before killing them.

Not sure how Gu Won once again got there to save her. That was beautifully shot (with some CG in these, I'm sure). I can see he was sweating. Did he run there? Did he sense danger, or he was on his way to apologise anyway?

It looks like the next episode they will get married, based on the pre-release. Hehehe. This drama is so light, fun and an easy watch. I find myself looking forward to it every week.

Pre-release

Elle Interview

OST

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

loved the scene where he takes it out on the thud too, so hot

They need to be more careful. The way they are bickering in public, someone will find out that he gets his power from holding her hand. If that gangster was smarter, he would notice it too.

That prosecutor blind date (smh), I don't know how she can even consider marrying him, even if it is fake! 😅 The second choice should have been the cousin logically...

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

They need to be more careful. The way they are bickering in public, someone will find out that he gets his power from holding her hand. If that gangster was smarter, he would notice it too.

Yeah, I know, especially the Killer.

39 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

That prosecutor blind date (smh), I don't know how she can even consider marrying him, even if it is fake! 😅 The second choice should have been the cousin logically.

I think it's because she sees him as family. Plus, she did tell Gu Won the guy is a Prosecutor, so he'll come in handy to help her fight against the family.

New stills

GA4bH2Za4AAnbPI?format=jpg&name=large

GA4bH2bbYAAHsSE?format=jpg&name=largeGA4bH2aasAAVqw9?format=jpg&name=large@Tofu Is Song Kang wearing a lady's blazer???

• Haha 3

They made such a pretty bride and groom. But! What's with the demon power?!! This show always makes me want more, and now I've to wait another week to find out.

I've so many questions. Like, did the tattoo transfer to Do Hee because she's been chosen as the Demon? Is Gu Won losing the power to wield it because the power is slowly becoming Do Hee's to wield? Do Hee is obviously linked to Gu Won's past, and the person who was dancing the sword dance. Lovers from the past? Was Gu Won the original Demon, or he took her power, and now he's just giving it back...?

That said, how/what is Gu Won going to do with Jin Star? :laugh: He is scared of her, but had zero care. I suppose nothing, eh?

@Chocolate That scene where they had to get closer for the reporters to take picture, and Gu Won grabbed her waist with a bit of force towards him. Ooopf, isn't that hot? I thought you'd like that. Hahaha!

@abs-oluteM Yes, Song Kang's body is always decent. There is a shower scene as well. RAWR. Pali-pali watch it!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3