My Demon 마이데몬 [2023-2024]

Gu Won lying about needing more time to charge up, so he can continue hugging Do Hee was cute. You know, there's a slight difference in how Gu Won and Seok Hoon says Do Hee's name. I think there's something endearing about how Gu Won says her name. :BulbaOWO:

@mademoiselle Lots of kiss scenes this week. What did you think of theirs? LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Gu Won lying about needing more time to charge up, so he can continue hugging Do Hee was cute. You know, there's a slight difference in how Gu Won and Seok Hoon says Do Hee's name. I think there's something endearing about how Gu Won says her name. :BulbaOWO:

@mademoiselle Lots of kiss scenes this week. What did you think of theirs? LOL!

Seok Hoon is "Do Hee ya"

Gu Won is "Do Do Hee!" (Higher pitch) or you are talking about the "more more more more Do Do Hee?" 😆

He's become a puppy 🐶 again.

Concerns:

-What does the God lady meant by saving Gu Won will endanger her own life?

-Is Gu Won becoming a human? Does this mean he won't self-combust?

-Is Do Hee getting his power?

-Is Noh Do Kyung really the guy who sent the killer? If it is, it's making it obvious through the text messages. But, I still don't think he is because then there's no need to do the scene of the man with gloves. And could the text messages sent to frame him...?

Kiss scene not bad, more focus on the visual than anything else. I actually trust Song Kang's kiss scenes, and I know You Jung can kiss back too.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

All in the name of "recharging" :love:  so cute.... Urgh but then here comes the noble idiocy trope. Forgiven though, with the obligatory kiss scene at ep.8 :love: Woohoo to the shortest time of noble idiocy!

Gosh, I'm glad I was late in starting ep.7 coz then I could immediately find out what happened to Gu Won. Course I know he won't die, but that stab was right at the heart's location! How can I not worry?!

Okay, I might have to take back my bet about Seuk Hoon being the mysterious man in black. Yet I still want to wait and observe. Thing is, the attacker obviously in touch with Do Kyung... So confused now about who is the person behind death of Madam Ju. Or maybe there are more than 1 villain for different reasons.

@mademoiselle thanks for the fashion info. I love a lot of Do Hee's attires. And definitely have been wondering about the necklace. Love its simplicity (not the price tag, lol). Love the earrings with the wedding dress too. 

Watching My Demon made me want so much to meet Song Kang in person :wow: 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I’m with @ktcjdramaon Seuk Hoon… I’m suddenly not so sure if he’s the bad guy after all too, seeing that Do Kyung is clearly in touch with the serial killer dude, and he also clearly has psychiatric issues. It’s like the Ju family is a family of murderers. And even though continued conversations between Madam Ju and Do Hee are just in her imagination, Madam Ju also keeps mysteriously silent on the matter of Do Hee’s parents’ death. Was it an accident or did she deliberately cause it too, only to have her conscience catch up with her later?

And Gu Won’s transition into being a human again, or so that’s what it seems to be…I wonder if Do Hee was in his past as well (though if the premise of spiritual beings here is based on Christian beliefs, then there would be no reincarnation). Now we know too that Jin Star is part of his present, and not an immortal with a life contract with Gu Won too. I’m just not too sure of her actual role in his life though. Seems a bit “extra” now, unless she too gets drawn into a plot to kill Do Hee as well. But that would be one too many people wanting her dead.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@ktcjdrama @gilaswan I'm still suspicious of Seok Hoon. Mainly because he's played by Lee Sang Yi. I also think there's no point playing the mystery card with blur out face, black gloves etc., if they planned to "reveal" it's Noh Do Kyung so easily through two text messages. For all we know, it could be staged by Seok Hoon as a red herring and a scapegoat.

Song Kang is so adorable in this drama. Totally washing off that bad taste we had with Nevertheless. If anybody wants to check out his other projects, top one recommendation is Navillera and Sweet Home. And red-hot alert warning to stir clear from Nevertheless! Love Alarm S1 is alright to watch, but don't bother with S2.

@gilaswan, Do Hee definitely existed in his past. I'm curious why he can't remember his past. Did he perhaps trade his memory for becoming a Demon? Let's see whether their past can out-do our Octopus couple's tragic but beautiful past life! Haha!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Episode 9

The first half of the episode was hot and then cute. After the wet kiss, Gu Won was somehow able to activate the tattoo and heal himself even more. We also get a super brief bed scene with lights on, where Song Kang gets to show off his great body again. I did like the focus on the hand holding. Somewhat smexy.

They skipped work the next day and went for a date! It's really cute because our Demon wants to do everything that marked as "Couple". :laugh: Couple meal set, Couple biking etc. He even gets sulky when there's no couple meal.

Although Gu Won seems completely healed, but it didn't seem so in the scene he had with Seok Hoon where he slammed his hand on his chest, assuring Seok Hoon he's alright. He was wincing in pain after that and pretended to be fine in front of Seok Hoon.

Latter half of the episode, to my great surprise, we got to know who hired the killer! Noh Seok Min killed CEO Ju and the finance guy. He's the one with the gloves, so he knows Gu Won's secret too. I actually find it hard to believe he went and kill the killer himself! Can't he just hire another killer to do the job? It was Noh Seok Min all along...?! I couldn't believe it! Because then what is Lee Sang Yi doing in here???

I wonder why the villain is revealed so soon, though. Granted, it also gets boring if the mystery drags on too long. But now what is next? We wouldn't run out of plot too soon, since our couple has a new challenge/conflict to face off — Gu Won's existence.

Gu Won has lost all his power. The clocks have all stopped, and his contracts burnt into ashes. All the contracts he signed became ineffective. The little girl will die. Gu Won ran to see the beggar lady, knowing she has always been some deity. And it is thus revealed, she is the God who gave Gu Won his powers. She gives him the bad news—he can only get his powers back if Do Hee dies. EEK! Stakes are high! 

We see from the preview that Gu Won declares he wants both Do Hee and his power. I don't think he could betray Do Hee. He's really fallen deep for her. The ending smile was so :wow:, though I fully anticipated he lost his bet against God lady... LOL, and the pre-release confirms it. Like duh, a bet against God is 101% impossible to win.

Pre-release E10

• Like 2

I’m up to ep8 and with @mademoiselle on the killer. Still think it is LSY. However, his only motive seems to be getting caught for embezzlement because he seems to be out of running for the inheritance. The grandson could just be another plot line, not related to grandma’s killer.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:14 PM, mademoiselle said:

Lastly, there's more story to this drama than KTL.

Anything has more story than KTL.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle I just finished watching episode 9 too and wow. While I wasn’t surprised that it was the dad, I was thinking he’s quite the devil incarnate ah? Like you, I’m now thinking, what is Lee Sang Yi to do then? Now that Jin Star has told him who Gu Won is, then what next?

Also, why have his powers been transferred out of him… into Do Hee? Does that make her the demon then? Cos the god lady said his powers are now in another person’s body which makes him human now, so she can’t give it back to him? Does not make sense. Did she not say that she gave him the powers to begin with, so why can’t she give it to him again? She contradicts herself. There seems to be a flaw in logic.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@Chocolate @gilaswan Maybe there are multiple villains in here. At least, I really hope so! I honestly don't want Lee Sang Yi to be playing such an insignificant second lead, knowing he could offer more. He's done enough of those roles.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Anything has more story than KTL.

:lmao2:

You know what's annoying? Gu Won is one of APAN Awards nominees for Best Character! Gu Won from KTL, not My Demon, by the way! Korean awards shows are so full of shit sometimes. I'm sure we could come up with better "Best Character" from 2023 than Gu Won, Seo Woo Jin (RD3) and Seo Yul (Alchemy of Souls 2). This is really awarded to popularity more than performances/depth of characters.

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Like you, I’m now thinking, what is Lee Sang Yi to do then? Now that Jin Star has told him who Gu Won is, then what next?

I guess Jin Star and Seok Hoon play the role of the "angel" or "reason" in our brain or the roles of people who are concerned of their loved ones getting onto the wrong path for the wrong reason and is trying to talk them out of it. I do understand Jin Star's concerns, since he's going down the path of self-destruct. As for Do Hee, it's not exactly normal for a human to be in love with a demon, who is known to be evil in history or myth. Seok Hoon didn't understand this since he doesn't know the whole story, especially since he's revealed not to be the one possessing the demon book.

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Also, why have his powers been transferred out of him… into Do Hee? Does that make her the demon then? Cos the god lady said his powers are now in another person’s body which makes him human now, so she can’t give it back to him? Does not make sense. Did she not say that she gave him the powers to begin with, so why can’t she give it to him again? She contradicts herself. There seems to be a flaw in logic.

Apparently, it doesn't make her a demon. The God Lady mentioned Gu Won lost his power to a person's body who is unsuitable for it. I'm waiting for more backstories about his demon origin. 

• Like 2

The clocks stopped the moment he consummated with Dohee. I guess that fully completed his humanity - his love for a human. Prolly by that same logic, Sang Hyuk in My Man is Cupid cannot be with a human. It will make him human too.

I reckon the only reason why Gu Won is dying now (though we don’t know how soon it will be) is cos he is in reality 200 years old.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I did like the focus on the hand holding. Somewhat smexy.

I agree that this scene was shot smexy-ly :wow:

I kinda guessed that he would be faced to choose between himself or Do Hee. Not surprised that it's the dad being the mysterious man, although up till the last second before the reveal I was still thinking it could be Seok Hoon. 

Gosh, I really cannot understand Jin Star at all... #rolleyes... will repeat what Gu Won said to her - don't cross the boundaries...

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 10

Love the bit where Do Hee tease-feed Gu Won the cake again, and he plays along, mumbling "ahhhh~" but doesn't open his mouth. It was so cute.

img.gif

The short angst was nicely done too. It showed us how much Gu Won love Do Hee. I didn't think anyone of them would die since we're only in episode 10, but have no idea how it will turn out, and most definitely didn't expect Do Kyung to run his car at Do Hee!

Waiting GIFs from this episode, especially the part when Song Kang went back to see God, telling her she wants both. Song Kang was über-handsome in that scene. Though, I can't say I fully understood their conversation.

A little bit concerning what else does the writer have in store for us so that the story doesn't lose its appeal. The villain was revealed rather early, and now Gu Won even got his power back. What other conflicts can be introduced for the OTP apart from the mystery behind Gu Won's past. There seems to be mention of a "breaking up" in episode 14 (typical trope) later. They love each other so much that they would die for one another, so what could be so dire to break them up again? Episode 1 to 10 seems to be Chapter 1 and the way it ended seems to indicate the beginning of Chapter 2 for our Demon Couple. From the preview, it seems Seok Hoon is joining Noh Seok Min's camp, but is it to expose him, or he's also evil...?

The Knetizens have their own analysis on the title of the episode, "Breaking out of the shell", which I thought could possibly explain their situation.

To Gu Won, the shell is the world created by God, including the "Devil's Instruction Manual", which is also the rules set by God and binds him. But because of Do Hee, Gu Won wanted to break his comfortable life for the first time and go against God's will. This is not because of anything Do Hee did, but because Do Hee's existence itself was Gu Won's salvation. Gu Won is the same for Do Hee. She has been trapped in her own world (shell). Because of Gu Won, she broke out of the shell.

Previously, the Knetizens also pointed out the connection of Sun Wol (還月) Foundation's name to Gu Won's original name, Yi Sun (漓善). As we now know, the woman Gu Won dreamt about is called "Wol Sim" (月心) from episode 11's preview.

Knetizens said 善 and 還 has the same pronunciation in Hangul. Sun = Return (還). Sun Wol thus means "Return of the Moon", signifying Gu Won is waiting for Wol Sim, which very likely to be Do Hee's past life.

@Chocolate Don't know why I find her dressing up prettily amusing vs her beggar look 😆

NOTE: My Demon will not air next week due to SBS Drama/Music Awards

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1