My Demon 마이데몬 [2023-2024]

Episode 13

img.gif

Lots of sweet happiness in the first half of the episode, which makes it even more unnerving, because the happier the OTP is, it means the angst could be double in the next episode.

I skipped the love scenes between their secretaries. Can't handle those two. It's not funny anymore. Seok Hoon, i.e., Lee Sang Yi is really just fluffing around in this drama. I thought he was going to pretend to side with Noh Suk Min, so I was actually puzzled when he rejected to sell his share and confronted Suk Min at the office. In this, I started to fear for his life too.

Meanwhile, we are getting close to uncover the secret behind Madam Ju and Do Hee's parents' accident. And for the love of God, please please please don't tell me Gu Won made a contract with Madam Ju, because it doesn't make sense. He didn't show signs of knowing her when Do Hee found her dead, so it can't be him who took her life... and it's over 10 years since Do Hee's parents have passed away. It'd be more forgivable if her parents made a deal with Gu Won to save Do Hee.

I'd said thank goodness this drama is aired on a Fri–Sat. It's at that peak point where I'm so invested in the show I'm eager to know as it comes out on the day.

OST 8

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

Episode 14

How in the world can Noh Suk Min go missing from falling off a building? Like, how??? Anyway, I thought the angst was just so-so. Everyone online made it sound like it will be very angsty based off what was mentioned by the actors in promo, but now that I see it, I thought it's at an OK level only. Maybe the angst will heighten next episode.

I hope Gu Won and Do Hee will get back together in this life. Because I can't deal with another, die this life, and let's meet again in another. Or, one of them losing memory of everything as a "reborn" (like 19th Life, hell no).

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How in the world can Noh Suk Min go missing from falling off a building? Like, how???

I am assuming the super tall building is next to a river, and he fell into the river, and he shall be back to hunt down Do Hee. 😄 the rule of thumb that no dead body means not dead dead. Or maybe he sold his soul to another demon 🤔😁

I didn’t know people are saying this episode is angsty. It was alright but I teared up at the end, also when they were back hugging in bed, the part where he said no matter how many times she calls his name, he will answer. Which was why the ending hit me hard. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 1/14/2024 at 8:12 PM, mademoiselle said:

How in the world can Noh Suk Min go missing from falling off a building? Like, how??? Anyway, I thought the angst was just so-so.

I was wondering if he learned something from that Demon book...like you know somehow made a deal with that beggar lady or he's able to acquire some abilities, though after reading what @ktcjdrama said, that may be a more logical explanation. :thinking:.

What I am very curious is the reason for the deal between GuWon and the father. I have a feeling it was something related to DoHee, as in it was to save her? But that would make it even more tragic for DoHee. For the longest time I was wondering why GuWon never felt any "remorse" or even a tad bit of discomfort that he had lead DH's father to his death. And the explanation that it was because he had forgotten. That felt a bit weak and too convenient (writing wise). Does he even forget anything given his powers? Did he not make some sort of connection seeing how influential Mirae Group is and who Madam Ju was? 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

What I am very curious is the reason for the deal between GuWon and the father. I have a feeling it was something related to DoHee, as in it was to save her? But that would make it even more tragic for DoHee. For the longest time I was wondering why GuWon never felt any "remorse" or even a tad bit of discomfort that he had lead DH's father to his death. And the explanation that it was because he had forgotten. That felt a bit weak and too convenient (writing wise). Does he even forget anything given his powers? Did he not make some sort of connection seeing how influential Mirae Group is and who Madam Ju was? 

I'm OK with the explanation. Even God is portrayed as a bit "irresponsible" here with the explanation she may create this world, but she can't control everything. I doubt she remembers every single little details, too. He's been a demon for 200 years. I don't expect Gu Won to remember his contracts with all of his clients, too, and this is evident when he met Bok Gyu again. Before he met Do Hee, he's also quite emotionless and numb towards humans and see little of them, so it's unlikely he'd keep track of the people he meets, so from this, I think it's reasonable.

34 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was wondering if he learned something from that Demon book...like you know somehow made a deal with that beggar lady or he's able to acquire some abilities, though after reading what @ktcjdrama said, that may be a more logical explanation.

The book is more like an instructions, so it's unlikely. In Gu Won's case, he wasn't evil and was blinded by anger to kill. Most importantly, he lost faith in God. On the contrary, Noh Suk Min was pure evil and greed. Though we don't know what the criteria is for being chosen as a demon, but I'd like to think God would not choose someone truly evil to be a demon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I am just checking spoilers after finishing Eps15... am I getting this correctly? Did she make a deal to have him return?

This was what happened...

Spoiler

And as I had expected, father made the deal to save her...

Spoiler

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 15-16

I'm so glad it's happy ending, though not that I have doubt it wouldn't be. I just... think there are some parts that were unnecessary for the characters to go through. I enjoyed the angst that brought me to tears of their separation, but I am not quite convinced the situation calls for a break-up. I get that Do Hee felt conflicted Gu Won took her father's life due to their contract, and she needed some time to accept this. However, they could have just done a I'll-move-back-to-my-demon-lair-you-tell-me-when-you-sort-things-out-and-I'll-come-home. After Gu Won leaves, she misses him so much so that it didn't appear her father's death matter anymore. Though, I love the scene where Gu Won comes home to check on her from time-to-time. That was so sweet.

I am still unsure what to think of the disintegration into nothingness and returning just like that because God pities them, or she held her promise. I felt cheated on Do Hee's behalf and the tears I shed. Hahaha! And since we're on this topic, if I were Gu Won, I could have negotiated with God to make him human again so that they can grow old together.

I also have disappointment with Lee Sang Yi's character. He truly is all and all a good guy, and this means as an actor, he's so under used. Since he's a good guy, I do like that he was appointed the CEO/Director of Mirae Group and Do Hee remains true to herself—independence from the mother company.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 3

Lovely ending... though the ending of 15 and beginning of 16 made me shed some tears. I really appreciate the drama is not stingy with the kisses, all placed at appropriate occasions. Love many of the wardrobes too. All in all, I am very happy to have watched this, especially the cute eye-candy couple. Ship, ship, ship... except that Song Kang is serving in the army now, sigh...

41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I still unsure what to think of the disintegration into nothingness and returning just like that because God pities them, or she held her promise. I felt cheated on Do Hee's behalf and the tears I shed. Hahaha! And since we're on this topic, if I were Gu Won, I could have negotiated with God to make him human again so that they can grow old together.

I totally agree with your every word above!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 1/21/2024 at 1:12 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Ship, ship, ship... except that Song Kang is serving in the army now, sigh...

At least he leaves us with this sweet image, better than that drama-must-not-be-named. Hahaha! I actually forgot the drama name every time I need to mention it! We'll see him in Sweet Home 3 in Summer, 2024.  :smile: 

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM watch this. Hahaha, some of the things she said I agreed too and LOL-ed. Haha! https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2VRlVsvOK_/?igsh=ZDJ3ZHZsOHFheDFp

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle Aiyoh... It just started to get really draggy for me... I'm not sure if I will bother finishing it up (since I am desiring sleep more than leisure since the start of the year!). Skimmed through the posts above. Expected the ending as described by everyone... Not sure I liked the way the lore was written up here. I found the character of god particularly annoying and didn't like how the writing couldn't keep to a clear theology they wanted to base it all on - greek mythology? Christian theology? East Asian beliefs in reincarnation? 

• Haha 4

BTS

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle Aiyoh... It just started to get really draggy for me... I'm not sure if I will bother finishing it up (since I am desiring sleep more than leisure since the start of the year!). Skimmed through the posts above. Expected the ending as described by everyone... Not sure I liked the way the lore was written up here. I found the character of god particularly annoying and didn't like how the writing couldn't keep to a clear theology they wanted to base it all on - greek mythology? Christian theology? East Asian beliefs in reincarnation?

Hahahaha, I think it's a mixture. Watch it for the visual couple instead, I'd say. :laugh:

P.S. Sigh, I need to find time to watch these BTS properly

• Like 3

@mademoiselle I bet you thought I dropped this but I actually finished it hahahah! Though not with much interest. After the first few episodes, the plot went nowhere, the secretarys' romance and the 3 office staff scenes were all super cringy. There was just a sweet couple to watch.

On 1/18/2024 at 9:22 PM, mademoiselle said:

Though we don't know what the criteria is for being chosen as a demon, but I'd like to think God would not choose someone truly evil to be a demon.

7 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I find that she is more the Devil than God. Which God sends you to hell after granting your wish? I treat her as some mythlogical God that is immortal rather than the religious God who is supposed to be good. The character is also contradictory - first she says not all things are within her control, also depends on fate etc etc. Then she brings Guwon back to life. If it was so easy, she could have done it right from the start instead of making them go through all the stuff in between 🙄

And the fact that he stays a Demon is also not ideal. When she reaches the end of her life, what is he to do? Wait for her next reincarnation? 😂

• Haha 4
12 hours ago, gilaswan said:

the writing couldn't keep to a clear theology they wanted to base it all on - greek mythology? Christian theology? East Asian beliefs in reincarnation? 

The answer is: D. All of the above

:laugh:

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif