Fox Spirit Matchmaker Wang Quan 涂山小红娘王权篇 [Pending]

xp7kw-4c.jpg

The Wang Quan chapter of the Fox Spirit Matchmaker Series, which tells the painful love story of a powerful warrior named Wang Quan Fu Gui, who was nicknamed the ultimate "military weapon" and an unknown little spirit named Qing Tong.

They go through a painful love that's akin to to having one's heart pierced by thousands of arrows.

(Source: DramaWiki)

~~ Adapted from the manhua “Hu Yao Xiao Hong Niang” (狐妖小红娘) by Tuo Xiao Xin (庹小新).

Native Title: 涂山小红娘王权篇
Also Known As: Tu Shan Xiao Hong Niang , Tu Shan Xiao Hong Niang Wang Quan Pian , Hu Yao Xiao Hong Niang , 狐妖小红娘 , 塗山小紅娘王權篇 , Tushan Little Matchmaker King Power , 涂山小红娘
Screenwriter: Miao Wen Jing
Genres: Romance, Wuxia, Drama, Fantasy
Tags: Immortal Supporting Character, Warrior Male Lead, Deity Female Lead, Deity Male Lead, Hardship, Clan, Magical Object, Cultivation, Skilled Fighter, Star Crossed Lovers (Vote or add tags)
Type: Drama
Episodes: 40
Aired: 2023 - ?
Original Network: iQiyi Tencent Video

Cast :

Cheng Yi

Li Yi Tong

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea i have seen her twice, once as a really cool, calm and very collected Sifu to Esther Yu's character in LBFAD. Loved her to bits there even though her appearances were brief. Then I saw her in Warm on a Cold Night with Bi Wen Jun, whom I think is cute. But her character there was totally opposite - more like the EY kind, loud, dramatic, you knowlah that sort. I think she has potential but I prefer her as the cool, composed sort more. Let's see. With CY ah...hhmmm depends on the character. Though CY with Chen Du Ling (calm, collected) was IMHO awesome in MLC. I cannot imagine him with someone like EY, loud and bursting with energy, muah hah hah hah

• Insightful 1

@IpohBananaI think Cheng Yi and Yang Zi pairing also somehow worked well in Immortal Samsara. At first her character also was too cheerful for my liking, but later on after she suffer more she become more tranquil. I like how his character there also quite bold in pursuing her. Lookwise CY and YZ looks a bit odd to me, but once they immerse to their character it somehow deliver. So I think I agree with you, he also can't be paired up with those who too cheerful and loud, but let's see maybe he can do his magic to make it work. 

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea Yes, I like YZ as a serious character more than as a bubbly, over-the-top kinda character. But then what brought her to fame (AOL) was partly that, strange that I come to think of it, these few dramas have her as both bubbly and then serious: AOL, IS, LYF.... I think the only one where she won't have much time to be bubbly (except for flash back) is The Golden Hairpin. I am so dying for Kenny Lin (melon) and her to finish reshooting. Hopefully they can push it out for 2024...

I agree, CY and YZ were pretty amazing. And I liked that he got pay-back sort of, when the tables turned on him and she kept pushing him away [me cackling away like an evil witch]. Still, I reckon this genre should be put to rest for now. Too much of the I love you but can't be with you and then tables-turned storyline. Then again, this year we got Xiao Zhan in what was really The Longest Promise to viewers....and I am sure, someone will wanna cash in on the script as long as they think they can milk it.

• Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTea @Tofu aren't you both watching 为有暗香来 or Scent of Time? It's got Zhou Ye and Wang Xing Yue. The 2nd timeline plot ...not revenge, it's a so-call female villain who gets a second chance at life and tries to right the wrongs. Its a strange experience watching this drama. It's neither overly exciting nor boring, there's suspense but it's not overly suspenseful, it's got drama yet not overly dramatic. It's like sitting by a river, watching the water flow placidly, calming yet relaxing. I can't quite put my finger on how to describe it but I am enjoying it and so wishing it would speed up. haha

Heard HBO Asia bought the rights, so the quality of translation should be decent.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 2
17 hours ago, Tofu said:

@IpohBanana I was looking at it the other day and wasn't sure if I should watch or not. If you say it's good, I'll check it out! 

It's honestly not exciting, yet not too boring, enough of a hook to want to keep me watching. LOL

After MLC and MJTY, the bar just went too far up for other dramas to make me feel that way, so I have to adjust my expectations. But I heard China audiences are pretty positive about it, which means it can't be that bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...