The Story of Park's Marriage Contract 열녀박씨 계약결혼뎐 [2023-2024]

The first episode was kind of long, and it wasn't as engaging as compared to My Demon. I think it's mainly because the set-up has been repeatedly used many times. A female lead born with a modern mentality, but tied down by tradition and forced to marry. I'm glad next episode we will be in the modern era.

I would like to know the mystery behind who threw her into the well. Was the intention really to kill her, or help transport her to the future? Who is that green eyes gisaeng, who seems to foreshadow something happening to Yeon Woo.

The interactions of Tae Ha with Yeon Woo was kinda cute. The shyness and little expression/gesture he had when she kabedon him etc. I see his charm in hanbok/Joseon. I hope as modern chaebol CEO, he'll be able to continue this charm too.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The interactions of Tae Ha with Yeon Woo was kinda cute. The shyness and little expression/gesture he had when she kabedon him etc. I see his charm in hanbok/Joseon. I hope as modern chaebol CEO, he'll be able to continue this charm too.

I thought their chemistry was pretty good. TaeHa has this sweetness to him. But it doesn't seem like the Tae Ha in the present is as nice as the TaeHa from the past. [I remember now why I like BaekInHyuk so much in The Queen's Umbrella despite his short screen time there.]

Overall , I didn't mind the historical bits - for me among all the actresses in her generation, LSY has that perfect look and vibe for historical dramas. That said am looking forward to see how this nangja will negotiate the modern days. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 2 was much more engaging and fun to watch. I felt so bad watching Yeon Woo sleep at the playground because she didn't have anywhere to go. Glad to see she's a smart cookie and bargain her way into Tae Ha's home. 

Watching Baek In Hyuk in the historical part also reminded me why I loved his role so much in Queen's Umbrella. Speaking of Queen's Umbrella, I'm so happy to see the boys reunited as brothers again in this drama. Tae Min is quite the character, and it seems like step-mom is pinning them against each other. However, I believe Tae Min has a softer side and I'm honestly looking forward to see how the brothers' relationship progress with Yeon Woo around. I also hope that Tae Min and Yeon Woo develop a comradery. That would be fun to watch if they do. 

Another photo from their Elle photoshoot:

20231125-171826.jpg

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

I didn't expect her maid would follow her to 2023, too! Yeon Woo can pursue her Madame Butterfly career, and the maid seems to be a good cook.

Although I haven't figured out the whole plot yet, but I think it is clear that Joseon Tae Ha may not have died from his heart problem. He could have been poisoned by the step-mother, played by Jin Young. As far as it is shown, the set-up in Joseon mirrors the modern 2023. Modern Tae Ha also has some health condition which why he wasn't willing to get married.

And why does Haraboji (Viva La Vida) has Yeon Woo's painting that was with Joseon Tae Ha?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh man ..am in love 🤣🤣. I like Bae In Hyuk so much . @SilverMoonTea I think I will pick up this oppa you dumped 

Uhm I can recycle him no worry 😆

Yeah I agree, he's pretty cute here. I prefer their modern life for sure. He looks very good as chaebol tsundere. 

I'm not super excited with FL, but probably I can make a do with her. I think she's quite okay on some of emotional scene, as like when she refused to be under his control. But at times she felt a bit overreacting and too loud for my liking. 

As of now it's on my keep list. 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 11/27/2023 at 5:31 PM, mademoiselle said:

How did he make you fall in love (in modern times)? 😆

18 hours ago, Tofu said:

want to know too, because I think it's the Joseon Tae Ha that made me...

It's true that the Joseon  Tae Ha  won me over first. Modern day TaeHa seems like an icy cold jerk but there were these moments where he softened & became vulnerable. Like when he saw her in the wedding dress, his relationship with his grandfather ( love the old man and his dad jokes !) and at the end when he raced home and stepped in to shield her from his step mum. It helps of course that Baek In Hyuk has this sweetness and warmth in him that comes through in the characters he plays. 

I loved episode 2 and had a good laugh thanks to Yeon Woo discovering the modern world. Lee Se Young is gorgeous - just beautiful whether wearing hanbok or modern wedding dress. I think the leads have very good chemistry. The set up for the contract marriage and live together arrangements is always something I look forward to in such shows. 

Now, what is interesting is that her maid followed her to the modern world - they must have thrown her in that well too. So the time travel is not unique to YeonWoo. Hence, are there others who have traveled through time? Grandfather has that piece of painting with YeonWoo on it and had this mysterious look. Is he privy to this entire fate thing that the courtesan told Yeon Woo about? Is Yeon Woo here to save her sobang-nim? @mademoiselle I agree that the stepmother may have poisoned Joseon TaeHa. Let's hope modern day TaeHa doesn't die of heart attack or something. 

This one very cute. See what they eat ..so yums

Turn on the cc. They had just finished filming a kiss scene in bed before coming for this variety programme.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 11/29/2023 at 8:21 AM, Tofu said:

Yeon Woo bonding with Harabeoji over dad jokes (or is it grandpa jokes LOL!) was really cute. Maybe he was a time traveler or someone who is familiar with it. If Harabeoji knows or is part of it somehow -- @mademoiselle, this actor is making everyone time travel in all his dramas. :laugh:

I think her relationship with Haraboji is one of the attractions for this drama. I hope they bond more, and he isn't just making a cameo here and there. I want him to actively be the cupid for the two. Hahaha yes, I was like "you again" and time-slipping again...?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselleI read that the maid will end up being the grandfather's servant in present time. And that this isn't the first time they try to save each other. Apparently there were previous life times where they met each other but someone always dies. 

Looks like their fate is quite tragic ehhhhh... I want a rom-com not something this angsty. I did 21 episodes of MyDearest and I met my angsty quota.  :laugh:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think this drama is @abs-oluteM favorite for Friday/Saturday. Whenever I see a post about them and think, "I should show Abs this," I notice Abs has already liked the post. :lmao2:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I saw your spazz on X. You are so in love with Bae In Hyuk! Hahaha!

Yes....I cannot control myself ahahahah...but just observe his jaw line with his dimples. Very cute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2