The Story of Park's Marriage Contract 열녀박씨 계약결혼뎐 [2023-2024]

393185595-854438966038016-1176175248319562384-n.jpg  387756447-850328506449062-6241235896294975837-n.jpg

• Drama: The Story Of Park's Marriage Contract (English title) / The Story of Widow Park's Marriage Contract (literal title)
  • Hangul: 열녀박씨 계약결혼뎐
  • Director: Park Sang-Hoon
  • Writer: Kim Neo-Wool (webcomic), Angelique (webcomic), Dadda (webcomic), Go Nam-Jung
  • Network: MBC
  • Streaming: VIU
  • Episodes: 12
  • Release Date: 24 November 2023 – 6 January 2024 (Friday & Saturday, 21:50)

Plot Summary

In the 19th century and on the night of her wedding day, Park Yeon-Woo’s (Lee Se-Young) husband tells her he has suffered from a heart disease for a long time and apologizes. He spits out blood and dies. She is devastated by her current situation. Making matters worse, Park Yeon-Woo gets kidnapped by a man and is thrown into a well. The next moment, she opens her eyes and sees her husband in front of her. She is now in present day Seoul, South Korea. The man who saves her from the swimming pool is Kang Tae-Ha (Bae In-Hyuk). He is the successor of SH Seoul Corporation. He doesn't mind opening himself up to others due to his heart disease and trauma that he suffered from in his childhood. He is a logical person and not interested in having a romantic relationship, but his ill grandfather tells him that he wishes to see his wedding before he dies. Kang Tae-Ha asks Park Yeon-Woo, who he saved, to enter into a contract marriage.

source: AsianWiki

Character Chart

cast-5e695899-04da-4375-b471-ffdfa860d38

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

Script Reading

383007203-843604363788143-28564779073833

Spoiler

383215163-843604397121473-65968910306847384113618-843604860454760-56738638516545383822262-843604893788090-40108958504696383822885-843604953788084-36528766404686

381012680-843604993788080-88255521127670

Tagging @ktcjdrama @Tofu @gilaswan @Alice Wonderland, just alerting you guys to this. The 3rd preview seems fun.

@abs-oluteM already knows. Anyone else? And I think the rest has aversion towards LSY, so I won't tag except @SilverMoonTea coz she managed to finish her drama with Oppa Yoo Seung Ho.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM already knows. Anyone else? And I think the rest has aversion towards LSY, so I won't tag except @SilverMoonTea coz she managed to finish her drama with Oppa Yoo Seung Ho.

Who has aversion to LSY? 🤣🤣. She’s a pretty good actress. Though for me it’s important who the oppa is . After the Queen’s Umbrella I had this lil crush on Baek In Hyuk hence I was quite intrigued when I saw the trailers here. I even watched that cheerleading drama he was in , though I don’t think I finished it . 

I’m also a sucker for contract marriage tropes , so bring it on ! And so cute to see both MLs reunited here after Q’s Umbrella. I like the 2nd ML . He’s a very promising actor 

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM

Spoiler

Both Tea and Choco. Remember, they said her big eyes scare them, or something like that. Ahaha, I haven't warmed up to Bae In Hyuk yet. I was drawn to Moon Sang Min in The Queen's Umbrella rather than him. Then in another drama (Gumiho with Hyeri and JKY), I like Ki Young so didn't feel anything for him. He is @SilverMoonTea's ex Oppa.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

Huh @abs-oluteMu also watching that cheerleader drama Cheer Up? I also even watch his university weird drama...At Distance Spring something... I never heard you like him 😆 I found him super cute, but I also often can't finish his drama. Felt the role often doesn't suit him. He's really good in Gumiho, I even ignored JKY because of him (bad SLS).

@mademoiselleI'll consider this, I'm not sure she suit him? But maybe I'll change my mind.. BIH look handsome in trailer.

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleI'll consider this, I'm not sure she suit him? But maybe I'll change my mind.. BIH look handsome in trailer.

I think he will be charming because he's playing a chaebol. Apart from the time slipping from Joseon to modern present day (the humour), I also am looking forward to him being a chaebol with a heart disease and the contract marriage premise. That said, he's not wearing chaebol hairstyle though...

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

just alerting you guys to this. The 3rd preview seems fun.

Thanks!! Me love time travelling dramas!.... 
I love LSY. Never felt anything about her eyes. I'd say JBA's eyes are more distracting for me, lol... Have to agree with @SilverMoonTea though about the pairing. Not that appealing for me. I somehow see an imbalance.

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Love Lee Se-young! She's one of a handful of K drama actresses that I have a lot of time for. Not sure about the male lead though.

Contract marriages are my thing but I won't probably get to this one after my overseas travels at around Christmas time.

• Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

How many time traveling dramas are coming out?! :shocked2:

It is not just time travelling shows but it's the season of contract marriages too. :laugh: For reference , Song Kang's new show , My Demon is fantasy with contract marriage!

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Love Lee Se-young! She's one of a handful of K drama actresses that I have a lot of time for. Not sure about the male lead though

For reference, the ML played the Crown Prince who died in The Queen's Umbrella. I don't know how nuanced of an actor he is since I have seen him only in a handful of shows, but I did like his role in TQ's Umbrella. 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring